Star Cinema: CAN WE STILL BE FRIENDS (Gerald & Arci) - Page 4 | Showbiz - Movies | PinoyExchange

Page 4 of 5 First ... 3 4 5 Last

Quote Originally Posted by kafamz View Post
    Congrats!!!

Lots of people, including me, watched this movie coz they liked the previous team-up (Always Be My Maybe).
    But this new movie was such a disappointment. Pacing was too slow and the movie just felt so weh, so empty.
    Word of mouth will not help this movie at all. Sayang.

This is my take naman...

Prime Cruz's “Can We Still Be Friends” isn't exactly perfect. It isn't the best follow-up for “Always Be My Maybe”, the film that catapulted the Gerald-Arci team-up to be such a force--in all its truly honest and gloriously unassuming chemistry. One thing is for sure though: it has its heart in the right place.

The story is all about a couple who, after eight years, decide to break up and want to become friends. This begs the question, can we really be friends with our exes? The answer isn't really simple, as one would know. But Gerald and Arci, in their perfectly crafted characters (as if these were really written with them in mind), give us a story worth rethinking, watching, giggling about, and so on. They both did justice to their roles--from the littlest and quietest moments to the rather dramatic ones, three words come to mind... REAL. NATURAL. RELATABLE. And it takes really disciplined actors to accomplish such. The film was beautifully shot (there's none of those signature overly lit scenes typical of Star Cinema romcoms, which makes it really refreshing. Cruz's indie roots are obviously in play right here.) The progression of the lead roles' characters is believable and Gerald and Arci--both very beautiful eye candies through and through--were such naturals in their portrayal. Their palpable chemistry ascends to greater levels and, in spite of some rather weirdly staged scenes, they managed to pull through.
    The film, despite its shortcomings (which you may end up reading elsewhere online so I won't bother listing them down here), teaches us a valuable lesson about love and relationships. We don't need someone who'll give the world to us. In truth, all we need is someone who we will accept in all his or her imperfections, and reciprocate unequivocally. That's not called settling. It is love. And that is the biggest lesson the film leaves behind. Go see it for yourselves, ladies and gentlemen. Thank me later. ❤️

sana hinintay nalang c direk dan na mgdirek sa dalawa sayang yung nabuong tandem kungsabagay wala namang pakialam ang sc kay gerald lagi naman ganyan sila kung ano ano nalang binibigay or sino sino nalang ngdidirek sakanya, ngyari na yan noon sa catch me i'm in love after a hit movie, imbes na c direk mae ang mgdirek sa follow up ng ashrald ayun at binigay sa baguhang direktor via wlawy!

Quote Originally Posted by yoshie View Post
    sana hinintay nalang c direk dan na mgdirek sa dalawa sayang yung nabuong tandem kungsabagay wala namang pakialam ang sc kay gerald lagi naman ganyan sila kung ano ano nalang binibigay or sino sino nalang ngdidirek sakanya, ngyari na yan noon sa catch me i'm in love after a hit movie, imbes na c direk mae ang mgdirek sa follow up ng ashrald ayun at binigay sa baguhang direktor via wlawy!
    oo nga eh mga followup na movies ni gerald puro underwhelming

PNK-TMHE

CMIL-WLADWY

ABMM-CWSBF

kaloka puro baguhan na direktor binibigay ng SC kapag hindi nila paborito

saken ok naman *** movie anong meron at madaming hindi nagkagusto sa movie? napatawa naman ako ng movie, napakirot naman tho hindi ako napahagulgul or iyak pero okay saken ang movie 7/10 sya. satisfying para saken,

Page 4 of 5 First ... 3 4 5 Last