New York Knicks Thread: #KnicksTape - Page 5 | NBA | PinoyExchange

X

Page 5 of 24 First ... 4 5 6 15 ... Last
    Jackson reiterated on Thursday that his preference is to re-sign Anthony while making it abundantly clear that the club is looking to negotiate a contract that benefits both parties.

Just short of pounding his fist on the lectern and saying “read my lips; no max deal,” Jackson challenged the Knicks free agent forward to demonstrate that he’s a team-first guy by taking less. “He’s the one that opened that up that it wasn’t about the money,” Jackson said before the NBA draft. “So I challenged him on that because I want our fans to see he’s a team player, that he’s going to do what was best for this team to get ahead farther and faster.

It’s not going to be an issue. I think there are going to be things that are going to be happening in the near future in the NBA that is going to grow this league monetarily that it’s going to end up being a non-issue for us to do that.” New York Daily News

mukhang ego vs ego ahh

July 1 can't come soon enough!

WISHLIST:

Retain Carmelo Anthony
    Sign Pau Gasol

We already have a decent PG; at least better than Felton. So that's a start. If we can retain Melo and find a way to acquire Pau Gasol; I like our chances this coming season.
    Last edited by LeBroom; Jun 28, 2014 at 02:21 PM.

I like Phil's stance. They won't have enough pieces if Melo gets max deal. If people preach championship then they should walk the talk. Help your team help you. (Sounds like lame line I know.)

^ Melo is not getting any respect from the Zen Master.

bottomline, CAnthony is not worth paying the maximum.

Quote Originally Posted by gotta lick it View Post
    ^ Melo is not getting any respect from the Zen Master.

bottomline, CAnthony is not worth paying the maximum.
    My take on this is Phil shouldn't be too public on his comments. Anthony is a max player. He ain't top 5 right now but he is top 12. Those guys deserve max contracts. Unfortunately, salary cap will hinder you from winning. So you need to balance the financial aspect with the winning or legacy that is at stake when everything is said and done.

According to ESPN, Phil will try to recruit Gasol to the Knicks. But they can only offer him less than $4 million for the upcoming season.

ESPN also says the Knicks feel confident about re-signing Melo.

Quote Originally Posted by talunan08 View Post
    My take on this is Phil shouldn't be too public on his comments. Anthony is a max player. He ain't top 5 right now but he is top 12. Those guys deserve max contracts. Unfortunately, salary cap will hinder you from winning. So you need to balance the financial aspect with the winning or legacy that is at stake when everything is said and done.
    I'm curious to see your Top 12 List, if you don't mind.

I just don't see that many players better than Carmelo Anthony, BUT I COULD BE WRONG.

Quote Originally Posted by talunan08 View Post
    let us put it this way. the NYKnicks has a small salary cap.

they cant afford both CAnthony and PGasol. and, LOdom hasnt officially joined this team.

the only way they could widen the margin is to get rid of ABragnarni and AStoudemire.

I Love Holly Golightly!!! BubblesButtercup's Avatar
    Lol ppl blaming Amare for taking his 24mil paycheck for the next season.

Blame Dolan.

Quote Originally Posted by BubblesButtercup View Post
    Lol ppl blaming Amare for taking his 24mil paycheck for the next season.

Blame Dolan.
    If those people were in Amare's shoes, what would they do? Of course they'll take the money.

Quote Originally Posted by LeBroom View Post
    I'm curious to see your Top 12 List, if you don't mind.

I just don't see that many players better than Carmelo Anthony, BUT I COULD BE WRONG.
    I'll give you 9.

lebron
    durant
    westbrook
    love
    dwight
    harden
    chris paul
    curry
    blake griffin

Everyone there were better than Melo last season. Melo can be in the 6th to 12th. That's why I said he is top 12. Not 12th.

Noah, Aldridge are also in the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by gotta lick it View Post
    let us put it this way. the NYKnicks has a small salary cap.

they cant afford both CAnthony and PGasol. and, LOdom hasnt officially joined this team.

the only way they could widen the margin is to get rid of ABragnarni and AStoudemire.
    I'm not sure why you quoted me.

If the Bulls cannot get the Knicks to do a sign-and trade for Anthony, Gibson’s presence would mean that Anthony can only be offered in the $14-$15 million range for the first year of the deal rather than the $19-$20 range. Then again, if Anthony is a man of his word, no big deal. Chicago Sun-Times -

Knicks won't do any sign-and-trade with Chicago for Melo if Boozer is included.

$14m is a joke of an offer to Carmelo.

$56m / 4 years vs $129/5 years -- Melo ain't passing that up. Even if we offer $120, or 115, 110, 105... Come on, Melo's willing to TAKE A PAY CUT BUT NOT THAT KIND OF PAY CUT.

Try putting yourself in Melo's shoes -- you just can't pass up that kind of money. I know I won't.

And yes Yoonjay, we're not helping the Bulls get Melo. NOT A CHANCE. If you want Melo, sure go ahead, but we're not willing to Sign and Trade for that trash of a PF in Boozer.

According to USA Today, Melo will announce his decision on Monday. From all indications it looks like he's going to stick with the Knicks.

Melo talked with Phil and Fisher regarding the Knicks concerning the team’s future. Included in the talks was a max contract 5 years $129 million. Melo looks sold on Phil's vision for the team, according to Yahoo Sports.

A person familiar with the dynamics of Anthony's free-agent tour told CBSSports.com that Anthony seemed to be enjoying all the attention from the Bulls, Rockets, Mavs and Lakers in the past three days, but was still unlikely to resist the allure of New York and the Knicks' max offer. CBSSports.com

Page 5 of 24 First ... 4 5 6 15 ... Last