College of Saint Benilde Blazers: Bringing back the PRIDE and the HONOR - Page 32 | The NCAA Tourney | PinoyExchange

Page 32 of 32 First ... 22 31 32
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimpix View Post
    Pasturan is a point guard. Miranda is more of a 2 - 3 player. Both will have to undergo residency. kakalipat lang nila

New recruit for Benilde : Fil-Am Guard Trevor Dunbar
    Nice. Cant wait to see them play. Are they both from adamson? I read one of them was part of the national team not sure if thats accurate.

Really?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whTP1-vmJ34&t=5s

Siya ba to?

Hows christian fajarito? Nasa line up ba?

Quote Originally Posted by tamarawz_14 View Post
    Hows christian fajarito? Nasa line up ba?
    Wala na. Hindi ko alam kung saan siya pumunta. Sa NU daw lilipat dahil gusto maging coach si Eric Altamirano pero mukhang wala naman siya dun.

Thumbs up

SAN JUAN City – La Salle Green Hills relied on the big fourth period plays of Albert Bordeos and Joel Cagulangan to halt University of Perpetual Help System-Dalta, 64-60, at the resumption of Juniors Division action in the 93rd National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) at the FilOil Flying V Centre Tuesday (July 11). Bordeos and Cagulangan combined for 11 of the Greenies’ final 17 points for their first win of the tournament. READ MORE

The Blazers lost to the Altas, 69-65. Leutcheu has to do a better job setting the pick. 3 of his fouls came from illegal screens. Geezus. Belgica played well but tripped his foot during the last minute of the game. Let's hope it's nothing serious. We're already without Yankie Haruna as he's out for the rest of the season due to a dislocated shoulder, so I hope the other wings step up in his absence.

Not the way I wanted us to win but I'll take it.

Any idea who are those new players #22 #32 and others? is the black guy trevor dunbar? @uspc_sportsperformance check it on IG

Worst defeat since last year

JJ Domingo sets career-high as Saint Benilde notches second win

The College of Saint Benilde Blazers finally have a win to call their own, rallying back from 15 points down to turn back the skidding Mapua University Cardinals, 74-69, Tuesday afternoon at the Filoil Flying V Centre in San Juan City.

Prior to this game, the Blazers’ sole win had come due to a technicality against the Perpetual Altas last July 11. But after a gallant stand against the Letran Knights on the road, first year head coach TY Tang knew that a win was knocking on the door.

“I’m just super happy and super enthusiastic right now,” said Tang. “Tanggal lahat ng pagod. It’s been awhile since we won a game, it may be about nine or ten games,” the former PBA champion added, as the Blazers had also struggled during the pre-season.

With three of their big men on the sidelines, Clement Leutcheu and Edward Dixon doubled their efforts in this game. Leutcheu finished with a double-double with 14 points and 17 rebounds, while Dixon added 10 points and 10 rebounds.

But it was the career-high outing of JJ Domingo that proved to be the spark for the Blazers, setting a personal-high of 24 points on 10-for-14 shooting.

Down 56-41 with three minutes remaining in the third frame, the Blazers showed that they can play lockdown defense. Saint Benilde went on a 13-3 rally to start the final frame, gaining a 65-64 lead after an and-one play from Dixon.

Mapua were able to knot things up at 67-all, but Domingo and Rene Sta. Maria kept their composure, knocking down clutch baskets and free throws to hold off the Cardinals.

“It’s really the character that we’re trying to build up. We’re slowly getting there,” an emotional Tang reflected.

Christian Bunag led four Cardinals in double-figures with 13 points to go along with 14 rebounds. Andrew Estrella, JP Nieles, and Kim Magboo had 12 markers each.

CSB will next face the San Sebastian Golden Stags on Friday, August 11, at 2:00pm. Mapua, on the other hand, will have a tough assignment on the same day, taking on the San Beda Red Lions at 12:00nn.

The Scores:

CSB 74 – Domingo 24, Leutcheu 14, Young 13, Dixon 10, Sta. Maria 6, San Juan 4, Naboa 3, Castor 0, Suarez 0, Pili 0, Bunyi 0.

MU 69 – Bunag 13, Estrella 12, Nieles 12, Magboo 12, Raflores 7, Gabo 4, Victoria 4, Orquina 3, Aguirre 2.

Quarterscores: 13-12, 31-38, 52-61, 74-69.

HI Guys, since it is over now for our beloved team, i would like to confirm if totoo *** nabalitaan ako na magkakaroon ng major shakeup ng roster for next year. Madami daw na madedemote to team B ang ma priprioritize mga blue chip recruits ni coach ty tang. Another news is meron tyong american player na guard ang position na under residency na. How true is this? Thanks!

Lady Blazers coach Carino bids goodbye

MANILA, Philippines – One of the country’s brightest young coaches – Michael Carino – has stepped down as head coach of College of Saint Benilde women’s volleyball team in the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).

Carino on Monday revealed that he formally tendered his resignation as Lady Blazers’ head coach last Wednesday so he could shift his focus on helping Sta. Lucia in its quest for its first title in the ongoing Chooks to Go-Philippine Superliga (PSL) Grand Prix.

Jerry Yee was recently hired to plot the gameplan of the Lady Realtors, but Carino is tipped to play a very crucial role in the bench after serving as top deputy of previous coach, Sammy Acaylar.

He is also reportedly being groomed to be part of the company’s men’s volleyball team, similar to the role he played when he assisted Acaylar in running the men’s national team with star players like Johnvic de Guzman, Mark Alfafara, Bryan Bagunas, Ran Abdilla at the helm.

“I want to focus on our campaign in the PSL,” said Carino, the former St. Francis of Assisi College star who had significant coaching experience in both men’s and women’s divisions.

Under Carino’s guidance, Saint Benilde blossomed into a legitimate title contender.

From an eighth-place finish in NCAA Season 87, Carino engineered the renaissance of the program as the Lady Blazers closed the elimination round of Season 88 with an 8-1 mark to emerge with a third-place finish.

The following season, the Lady Blazers finished the eliminations with a 7-2 standing and another third-place performance.

In Season 90, Saint Benilde finally conquered its first NCAA women’s volleyball crown as the squad led by Jeanette Panaga, Djanel Cheng, Janine Navarro overcame the thrice-to-beat advantage posted by Grethcel Soltones and San Sebastian College to pen a historic victory in collegiate volleyball.

Panaga was named as Most Valuable Player of the Finals and Best Blocker of the tournament while the rest of the Lady Blazers gained respect in local volleyball circuit.

Last year, Saint Benilde settled for third place while Arellano University bagged the crown.

The upcoming NCAA Season 93 women’s volleyball war that would open next month could have been Carino’s fifth year with the Lady Blazers.

But he decided to quit in the middle of the team’s preparation.

“I have no regrets,” he said. “I’m proud with what I’ve accomplished after leading Saint Benilde to its first title and consistent semifinal appearances. I think it’s time to move on and face bigger challenges ahead.”

“But my doors are still open. I’m still open to other opportunities in the collegiate rank, but so far, I want to take a rest first and focus my full attention to my club team, which is Sta. Lucia. They are a young team and I want to be part of their championship campaign in the PSL.”

The Lady Realtors will open their bid in the semi-professional league on Tuesday against newcomer Iriga City.

_____

This is a huge blow to our women's volleyball program.

Page 32 of 32 First ... 22 31 32