University Of Perpetual Help System Dalta Thread | The NCAA Tourney | PinoyExchange

Page 1 of 18 1 2 11 ... Last
    Meaner Than Demons QuincyHernandez's Avatar

University Of Perpetual Help System Dalta Thread

did not see one her..so i decided to make one..

anything about perpetual help sports activities, sports events, can be discussed here..

Leave d Gun, Take d Cannoli u neek's Avatar
    Altas are undefeated.. I'm officially joining the bandwagon

Aric Magic: Perpetual shocks Letran for 2nd straight win

-photo by justin gener

“OK lang na tinalo nila tayo sa FilOil, tinalo din nila tayo sa Fr. Martin Cup. Basta pagdating sa NCAA, tayo ang mananalo.”

With these words, legendary coach Aric del Rosario inspired his Perpetual Help Altas to a monster upset over the Letran Knights, 69-66, in NCAA Season 88 action Saturday at the FilOil Flying V Arena.

The Altas, who travel at least an hour from Las Pinas to the playing venue, won their second straight game despite starting poorly, allowing the Knights to get off to a 9-0 start.

Perpetual turned the game into a tight affair heading into the fourth quarter, before Jett Vidal, who only had two points in the first half, fired seven points in a crucial 10-0 blast to give the Altas a 63-55 advantage with over five minutes to play.

Letran responded with a 11-5 run capped by a three-pointer by ace guard Kevin Alas to cut the lead to just two points, 68-66. Kevin Racal fouled Nosa Omorogbe, who split his free throws, giving the Knights one last chance.

But Alas missed the potential game-tying three-pointer with three seconds left, allowing Perpetual to escape with the victory.

Earl Thompson, an 18-year-old Davao native who is already in his second year with the Altas, led the way with 14 points, seven rebounds, and four blocks. He said he didn’t treat the game as special. “Wala naman akong extra preparations today. Basta every game ready ako and laging mindset ko, higitan yung performance ko before this game. Hindi ako na-o-offtrack kahit physicalin nila ako, kasi ako nalang umiiwas para di mawala ang focus ko sa game,” he said.

It was the second straight victory for del Rosario, who is making his coaching return after almost a decade away from the sidelines. “Sa tanda kong ‘to, hindi na ako nagbabasa ng mga coaching books. Lahat ng ginagawa ko based nalang sa coaching experience ko,” said the 72-year-old coaching legend.

The scores:

Perpetual Help (69) – Thompson 14, Jolangcob 11, Vidal 9, Allen 7, Paulino 6, Babayemi 6, Omorogbe 4, Elopre 4, Alano 4, Arboleda 4.

Letran (66) – K. Alas 15, Cortes 14, Cruz 9, Belorio 9, Almazan 6, Lituania 5, Racal 4, Gabawan 3, Luib 1, J. Alas 0.

Quarters: 15-18, 31-34, 51-50, 69-66.

-interaksyon.com

i kill trolls for breakfast kaboom_mit's Avatar
    foreign student-athlete din ba yung babayemi?

the school who voted no to foreign students pero my 2 player na di pinoy ?hehehe nice win! yari kayo sa letran!!! sa boardroom

Quote Originally Posted by kaboom_mit View Post
    foreign student-athlete din ba yung babayemi?
    AFAIK omorogbe and babayemi are the foreign players..

i think earl thompson is a fil-foreigner, correct me..

Quote Originally Posted by rezy5780 View Post
    me replay ka b ng gamena ito?tia
    none..

sa TV lang ang source ko saka FB updates.. NCAA On AKTV and ncaa.org.ph FB pages..

Perpetual tries luck vs San Sebastian; San Beda battles Lyceum

-photo by Paul Ryan Tan

Some say good luck comes in threes, and the surprising Perpetual Help Altas will hope luck continues to be on their side when they battle San Sebastian Monday as the 88th season of the NCAA men’s basketball tournament continues.

The Altas and the Stags face off at 4 p.m. at the FilOil Flying V Arena, right before the battle between the rejuvenated San Beda Red Lions and the struggling Lyceum Pirates at 6 p.m.

Perpetual and San Sebastian are both coming off big wins last Saturday. The Altas shocked the Letran Knights, 69-66, while the Stags survived a dangerous College of Saint Benilde squad, 95-93.

The Altas remained undefeated for the season under new coach Aric del Rosario. They are expected to once again rely on Earl Thompson, who will turn 19 on July 12, as well as Jett Vidal, Joel Jolangcob, and the Nigerian pair of Femi Babayemi and Nosa Omorogbe.

The Stags will again bank on the leadership of Calvin Abueva, who is coming off a monster 23-point, 23-rebound performance against the Blazers.

In the other match, the Red Lions will have eight players back in their fold after serving out one-game suspensions for their respective roles in a melee in an NCAA volleyball game last year.

Playing their first game this season are Rome Dela Rosa, Baser Amer, Anjo Caram, Melo Lim, Kyle Pascual, Jaypee Mendoza, Jake Pascual and Ryusei Koga.

They will join the Super Six of Francis Abarcar, Ritchie Villaruz, Jun Bonsubre, Yvan Ludovice, Art Dela Cruz and Dave Moralde, who pulled off a stunning victory last week against the Arellano Chiefs.

The Red Lions are expected to pounce on the Pirates, who have lost each of their first two games against Benilde and Perpetual.

-interaksyon.com

Naglalaro pa rin si vidal sa ncaa?! Parang ang tagal na nya sa college, medisina ba kurso nito?

sa tingin ko last year nalang ni vidal

2004 lineup huli nakapasok sa final 4

Apor
    Javier
    Misa
    Bauzon
    Vladimir Joe
    etc....

Banned by Admin
    the Altas are for real!

I Love The KNIGHT Life Rafiboy_05's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nash_bedista View Post
    sa tingin ko last year nalang ni vidal

2004 lineup huli nakapasok sa final 4

Apor
    Javier
    Misa
    Bauzon
    Vladimir Joe
    etc....
    kasama rin yata dyan si Dysam. tama ba or sa sumunod na seasons siya? I remembered that season, halos lahat ng team hirap na hirap sa Altas. yun yata yung first & last time na nakapasok ang Altas sa finals.

^ dre, hindi pa kasama si dysam nun.. pero grabe ang line-up na un lalo na si Noy Javier ..

basta pinaka pogi dyan si Apor!!! my chant pa nga sa Araneta pag hawak ni apor *** bola!

sa sobrang papuri nung chant na yun nagkaka turnover siya parang gusto niyang mag "Thank You for that chant"

Dumadagundong na "Apor P...pogi, Apor P...pogi" sa Rizal at sa Araneta nun. Hahahaha..

Leave d Gun, Take d Cannoli u neek's Avatar
    Olats Perps natin sa Stags

Banned by Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by _Bahay_Kubo_ View Post
    the Altas are for real!

i hope mananalo sila this season

. .Please do support and cheer for our team on july 12, 2012 6pm against san beda =)
    God Bless US all. . Fuego Altas

Page 1 of 18 1 2 11 ... Last