Christmas 2011 - A Different Journey | Travel and Leisure | PinoyExchange

X

Page 1 of 22 1 2 11 ... Last

Christmas 2011 - A Different Journey

Hi Fellow Travelers,

I have been thinking of this ever since. We travel and splurge here and there. We had fun. We keep on enjoying. Yes, we have beautiful lives - let's juts make it more meaningful by reaching out.

With the recent calamities (typhoons, flash floods, landslides, earthquakes, etc.), I feel more blessed since I am still safe (in fact, I just had fun and just got back from a trip the other day - while others I'm not sure if they are still living on their rooftops). And I believe that its not enough for me just to feel good for myself for I am safe, I think I should reach out to other people as a way of giving back.

In line with this, what about coming up with a Christmas reach-out activity this year. I don't know really how we can all get started esp we are all strangers here. But you guys are in a position to pledge because admittedly, whether we admit it or not, we have more or less a comfortable lifestyle.

I was thinking that if at the very least, (sample lang ha), we all pledge let's say Php 500. If there are 100 of us (am I too ambitious?), that would be Php50k. We can plan for the details (what to give, how much is the budget for each individual/family,etc, what charitable institution/community are we gonna choose, who will hold the funds, who will shop, etc) when we see each other. We can set an EB for this.

For now, I want to know your inputs.

Guys, this ain't easy really for me. This post may be thrashed. I may be mocked or suspected. My hope and ideas may glimmer. But at least, I've tried.

Who's in? This is a different journey. Join me.

count me in!

but the main question is to whom should we give it to?

thanks goat!

hindi ko rin alam kung paano kasi di **** tyo magkakakilala. i cant oblige u guys to give it to me. kung gusto nyo, hold on to your Php 500. tapos sabay sabay na lang tyo mag grocery ng morning tapos diretso sa charity in the pm.

or we can plan details pag nag-meet tyo. for now we just need headcount who will be willing for this grand plan then plan EB then plan the big day

top of arirang
    i will join this initiative.
    my suggestions:
    first we need to invite more people. then create a committee who will formulate the plans. then present the plan to more pexers. the more who can join, the better. maybe a Pex admin can help us on this project too?
    second, most of us here are anonymous posters so it is understandable that not many will put their trust on the plan.
    there are funds which will be involved here. we have to protect everyone's interest to be able to succeed in the implementation of the project. we can address this by posting reports on the thread whenever a milestone is achieved. in case a bank account will be opened so we can deposit the pledges there, it should be an AND account. if possible there should be at least three signatories (i only know of two signatories in an AND account) so no one has sole authority on the funds. all disbursements should be approved first in the thread by the majority before the signatories can sign the withdrawal slip. then copies of the docs will be posted here or somewhere private where all those who joined can see.

those are my thoughts for now. i will add more eventually

Thumbs up Count me in too!

I also like to join this initiative.

I agree with kumakaway's idea, we must protect everyone's interest. It should be planned out carefully for the success of this good deeds.

@kumakaway: thanks for the suggestions and for joining

@beedham: thanks also! i understand really that it ain't easy joining an initiative like this. pls PM me your contact details, YM, FB -whatever you want to share

me too!

My Ideas:

I was thinking of instead of just having a gift giving activity maybe we can include a med or dental mission, or health symposium (or any programs that you may think of) by having a tie-up with different organizations; it may be your former college organization, SK etc.
    But we have to settle first major details like deadline of joining, bank account, (though I already trust Lil on this)
    then the beneficiaries, what to give, where etc.

Also, you might want to consider giving something more sustainable, instead of noche buena package, maybe something that can be a source of income or would help the community (ex. there was an organization formed in FB who was giving banca to some villages so the students can go to schools)

Anyway, regardless of the type of activity/project you guys want, I will still join. =)

Let's create a group in FB just for this project =)

yes, there will be funds involved kaya ayan i posted na nga may pic. kahit dati di naman ako nagpapakita ng mukha here. lolz.

kung ano suggestion ng majority how we get hold of the funds, ok lang for me

kung may pex admin who will help us at sya ang 3rd party sa funds, pwede rin

lahat ng suggestions, lets explore. the bottomline is that we try to plan and have a more meaningful journey

@mr. nutritionist, yup gumawan ako fan page. wait i'll post.

thanks!

anyway, cool idea yan ha. yung provide a banca or something to a community. maybe we can provide a sidecar. lolz

PLEDGES:
    1. Lilhermione -1000
    2. Goat - 500
    3. Kumakaway-500
    4. Beedham-500
    5. Mr. Nutritionist-500
    6. Lilhermione's friend1 -500
    7. Lilhermione's friend2 -500
    8. Lilhermione's friend3 -500
    9. Lilhermione's friend4 -500
    Total Amount: Php5,000

May mga nakausap na ako frends ko. They committed na rin. Either wala pa sila Pex account or busy pa lang. Anyway, 4 yung kausap o now na nagconfirm na rin

SUGGESTIONS:
    1. gift giving
    2. medical/dental mission/ health symposium
    3. noche buena package
    4. something more sustainable (like provide source of income)

Thanks guys

pwede rin tricyle or tuk tuk! hahaha
    pero seryoso yun ha. =)

group nalang gawin mo para kung sino lang yung joiners sila lang andun, pag fan page kasi i-like lang nila then automatic andun sa sila. ( not sure though) haha

im in too i am so blessed this year kaya naman dapat mag-share ng blessings.

@mr. nutriotionist: thanks! sana nga w cn afford a tricycle. malay mo. di ba? hehe. tuktuk? so pupunta tayo sa Thailand kasi don tuktuk ang trike? don tyo mag donate. haha kulit. pwede rin lahat **** tyo travelers ;p

@wisbi: thanks ganon talaga pag blessed, dapat i-share pls PM me ur contact details/PM/YM

sana lang din kung kaya pa na ma-extend *** sharing sa mga isolated areas na wala nang nakakapansin dahil sa sobrang tago na sila sa civilization.

sightseeing global wonders granslime_28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wisbi View Post
    sana lang din kung kaya pa na ma-extend *** sharing sa mga isolated areas na wala nang nakakapansin dahil sa sobrang tago na sila sa civilization.
    like ko 'to kaya lang medyo starters pa tayo to aim this ...

OnT: headcount +1

@wisbi: it would be great to have that. but im worried kung hanggang saan makakarating common funds natin. i suggest outside sa Php 500 pledge ang transpo expenses. or can someone help with the transpo or whatever delivery logistics? btw, thanks for ur contact details. pls add me in ur fb

hehehhe, sorry sa kakapanood ko ng i witness nagiging emotional na ko.

PLEDGES:
    1. Lilhermione -1000
    2. Goat - 500
    3. Kumakaway-500
    4. Beedham-500
    5. Mr. Nutritionist-500
    6. Granslime -500
    7. Wisbi- 500
    8. Lilhermione's friend1 -500
    9. Lilhermione's friend2 -500
    10. Lilhermione's friend3 -500
    11. Lilhermione's friend4 -500

Total Amount: Php6,000

May mga nakausap na ako frends ko. They committed na rin. Either wala pa sila Pex account or busy pa lang. Anyway, 4 yung kausap o now na nagconfirm na rin.

SUGGESTIONS:
    1. gift giving
    2. medical/dental mission/ health symposium
    3. noche buena package
    4. something more sustainable (like provide source of income)
    5. reachout to a far-flung community (we shoulder transpo expenses)

Thanks guys

p.s. oh yeah, kakanood ko ng mga tv programs na puro flooded at stranded kaya na-carried away rin ako. hehe

Page 1 of 22 1 2 11 ... Last