Pedring was God's Messenger | Realm of Thought | PinoyExchange

X

Pedring was God's Messenger

Did you get the message? Two years to the day after the deadly typhoon Ondoy, a stronger typhoon, Pedring, arrived in Manila! Coincidence or is God sending a message? Message to whom? To fornicating, condom-using, pro-RH atheists, perhaps?

The "message" part is obvious to Manilans. On Monday, as rain again pelted Metro Manila, people at a Mass in Marikina City—where houses were submerged during the Ondoy nightmare—began to worry, including former Isabela Governor Grace Padaca, a guest of the city.

“When it began to rain, I said, ‘Okay, we are being reminded of Ondoy.’ When it began to pound harder, I said, ‘God, we got the message,’” Padaca told the Inquirer.

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/65601/100000-flee-pedring

The same message is loud and clear to the CBCP, although the CBCP Executive Director did not attribute God's action to the RH debate but to abuse of nature.

The message was clear to Fr. Edwin Gariguez, executive director of the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of the Philippines (CBCP) national secretariat for social action.

“The coincidence is a reminder for us not to be complacent, but to be always vigilant in preparing for any calamity,” Gariguez said. He stressed the need “to be proactive in protecting the environment, in saving our remaining forest to prevent humanly induced disasters.”

At the Evangelical side of the fence, God was being close and personal. God was causing damages around the Evangelical compound, but... http://www.godvine.com/prayers/21535

Our main concern is the Regina chapel which is only made of coconut lumber already eaten by termites (inside and outside). We are afraid the typhoon could destroy it due to very strong winds and rain. So we prayed hard, and the Lord protected the chapel though the wind and rain is very strong for a very long time. Many trees, signboards and thousands of houses fell down and was destroyed which causes traffic, but the Lord's chapel did not fall down.

Hallelujah! The magic of prayer. The same God who killed more than a dozen and caused economic disruption of millions was actually persuaded not to destroy the rickety Evangelical chapel. Amazing grace! Too bad, the Evangelicals focused on saving their chapel instead of the entire metropolis. What pissed me off a bit is why did they pray, "O God, please save our chapel" when they should have said, "O God, please save the city and turn off (?) that typhoon." Now that we know that God listened to them, it is them we should blame for being selfish in their prayers.

Jesus, photographed by an unknown photographer on Roxas Blvd., when he ordered the storm to intensify.
    Last edited by Ateo; Sep 28, 2011 at 11:11 AM.

Scary thread...

3. Sep 28, 2011

Prayer request for BJCF CHURCH BUILDING

just because it's a chapel we tend to ascribed to God its non-distraction, anyway its usage is only once or twice a week. how about those rickety barong-barong of people that go into the chapel, are they not god's too? Aren't they who need more powerful prayers with matching dapdyaks and clappings that god may shield them from distraction since they are being use 24/7?

We are still praying that the chapel will soon be repaired or replaced by hollowblock wall and steel braces. Please pray for God's provision for the chapel construction.
    Didn't these people get the message? Why repair or replaced it by cement when god did not touch it himself?

64:11 No kind of calamity can occur, except by the leave of Allah: and if any one believes in Allah, (Allah) guides his heart (aright): for Allah knows all things.

11:89 "And O my people! let not my dissent (from you) cause you to sin, lest ye suffer a fate similar to that of the people of Noah or of Hud or of Salih, nor are the people of Lut far off from you!

[Qur'an 002.155] And certainly, We shall test you with something of fear, hunger, loss of wealth, lives and fruits, but give glad tidings to As-Sâbirűn (the patient).

[Qur'an 002.156] Who, when afflicted with calamity, say: "Truly, to Allâh we belong and truly, to Him we shall return."

[Qur'an 054:018]
    'Âd (people) denied (their Prophet, Hűd); then how (terrible) was My torment and My Warnings?

[Qur'an 054:019]
    Verily, We sent against them a furious wind of harsh voice on a day of evil omen and continuous calamity.

[Qur'an 057:022] No calamity befalls on the earth or in yourselves but it is inscribed in the Book of Decrees (Al-Lauh Al-Mahfűz) before We bring it into existence. Verily, that is easy for Allâh.

[Qur'an 064:011] No calamity befalls, but by the Leave [i.e. Decision and Qadar (Divine Preordainments)] of Allâh, and whosoever believes in Allâh, He guides his heart [to the true Faith with certainty, i.e. what has befallen him was already written for him by Allâh from the Qadar (Divine Preordainments)]. And Allâh is All-Knower of everything.

[Qur'an 064:012]
    Obey Allâh, and obey the Messenger (Muhammad [sal-Allâhu 'alayhi wa sallam]); but if you turn away, then the duty of Our Messenger is only to convey (the Message) clearly.