which 1962 feat was greater? | NBA | PinoyExchange

X

which 1962 feat was greater?

which 1962 nba season feat was greater?

- wilt chamberlain averaging 50.4ppg
    - wilt chamberlain scoring 100 pts
    - oscar robertson averaging a triple-double the entire season
    - boston celtics winning the first 4-peat in nba history

which btw all feats, i believe, will never be duplicated (except for the 4peat, which is very improbable -not impossible- today)

The Lost Gospel Gospel of Judas's Avatar
    the easiest to do there is to triple-double in a season. lots of players have come close, and even though there's still no one who's able to do it, someone will probably crack it. 4-peat... the lakers are at two, have a very great chance at three, let's see how far they go.

100 points, i don't think anyone can break this with the complex defenses that basketball has nowadays. so for me this is the hardest to break, but not the greatest feat.

50.4 points... pwede yan sa pa-liga pag senior ka at puro mosquito ang kalaban mo. pero sa organized basketball of today, impossible na yan.

Quote Originally Posted by Gospel of Judas View Post
    100 points, i don't think anyone can break this with the complex defenses that basketball has nowadays. so for me this is the hardest to break, but not the greatest feat.
    Jordan: 'I could have scored 100 points' in today's NBA

creating a list from the most probable to happen again first:

- 4peat (may happen again anytime soon)
    - triple-double average in a season (very difficult but has a chance to occur, but not lbj in miami since he will probably have less minutes thus lesser chance of even having a triple double in a game)
    - 100 pts (we all thought nobody would score above 70 in today's style of play)
    - 50.4pts (i dont think this will happen again)

Alicia Witt is a goddess bonzieknight45's Avatar
    a week before kobe scored 81 points against the raptors, he scored 62 against dallas but phil jackson decided to bench him in the 4th quarter... what if kobe wasn't benched in that 4th quarter against the mavs? i wonder if he can break his 81 point record or get into the 90 point barrier? damn! 100 points is still hard to break.

a 50.4 ppg season will not gonna be broken because if that's happens you'll be accused of being selfish, egcentric or whatever stuffs plus the way basketball is being played today, even a 40 ppg season is very hard to do.

triple-double average... hmmm it can be broken but very hard to do. i wonder who can do that right now except for lebron? just curious did magic johnson had a triple-double season before? i believe he did.

4-peat... it can happen to any team anytime soon...

While legit and recognized, Wilt's records will always have invisible asterisks preceding them.

While a "first" 4-peat will never happen again, another 4-peat is doable. Chicago easily could've. LA now could. Unless of course Lebron agrees play pro bono so they could ship Melo and Chris Paul to Miami.

So for me, it has got to be the Big O's stat line. Ironically, it is the feat in most danger of being equaled. For easily, LBJ can rack up averages of 25 points, 12 rebounds and 15 crab dribbles per game

Alicia Witt is a goddess bonzieknight45's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mysandwedge View Post
    While legit and recognized, Wilt's records will always have invisible asterisks preceding them.

While a "first" 4-peat will never happen again, another 4-peat is doable. Chicago easily could've. LA now could. Unless of course Lebron agrees play pro bono so they could ship Melo and Chris Paul to Miami.

So for me, it has got to be the Big O's stat line. Ironically, it is the feat in most danger of being equaled. For easily, LBJ can rack up averages of 25 points, 12 rebounds and 15 crab dribbles per game
    it means magic johnson never had a chance to duplicate this feat... yah it's hard hehehehe

http://media.mlgpro.com/site/images/features/WiltChamberlain100.jpg

The 50.4 average ppg is just awesome.

Grabe pala. Wilt has the top 4 seasons and MJ is number 5.

1. Wilt Chamberlain 50.36 1961-62 PHW
    2. Wilt Chamberlain 44.83 1962-63 SFW
    3. Wilt Chamberlain 38.39 1960-61 PHW
    4. Wilt Chamberlain 37.60 1959-60 PHW
    5. Michael Jordan 37.09 1986-87 CHI
    Last edited by rational; Dec 4, 2013 at 10:17 AM. Reason: la lang

Quote Originally Posted by Gospel of Judas View Post
    the easiest to do there is to triple-double in a season. lots of players have come close, and even though there's still no one who's able to do it, someone will probably crack it. 4-peat... the lakers are at two, have a very great chance at three, let's see how far they go.

50.4 points... pwede yan sa pa-liga pag senior ka at puro mosquito ang kalaban mo. pero sa organized basketball of today, impossible na yan.
    good call on the triple double. westbrook is now guaranteed to average a triple double for the season.