COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

Ateneo Blue Eagles #B3BOB

Comments

• FooshFoosh PEx Rookie ⭐
    FITL97 said:
    Foosh said:
    I think its gonna be hard for RV to crack the line up next season kasi maraming waiting like sina Fornillos and the Ramos brothers. Plus if ayos na grades nina Verano and Mendoza. 

Possible first five next season:
    Kouame
    Navarro
    Ramos
    Fornillos
    Belangel

Possible second unit:
    Daves
    Verano/Malillin
    Malillin/Mamuyac
    Mendoza/Mamuyac
    Tio

Lots of "if"s and "what"s in that possible line up.

Daves at back up C instead of Chiu? Fornilos at SG over Mamu and Jolo when we're not even sure he's ready for that yet (played PF and C in HS)?
    Fornillos is small and plays like CJ Perez.  Baka nga mas maliit pa siya kay CJ eh.  Chiu is still too raw. 
  • FITL97FITL97 Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    Foosh said:
    FITL97 said:
    Foosh said:
    I think its gonna be hard for RV to crack the line up next season kasi maraming waiting like sina Fornillos and the Ramos brothers. Plus if ayos na grades nina Verano and Mendoza. 

Kouame
    Navarro
    Ramos
    Fornillos
    Belangel

Possible second unit:
    Daves
    Verano/Malillin
    Malillin/Mamuyac
    Mendoza/Mamuyac
    Tio

Daves at back up C instead of Chiu? Fornilos at SG over Mamu and Jolo when we're not even sure he's ready for that yet (played PF and C in HS)?
    Fornillos is small and plays like CJ Perez.  Baka nga mas maliit pa siya kay CJ eh.  Chiu is still too raw. 
    I feel bad for the kid, I hope we don't hype him up too much to the point na we expect him to be a starting caliber guard right away just cause he's 6'2" and has potential.
  • CaptainCharismaCaptainCharisma Moderator PEx Moderator
    FITL97 said:
    Foosh said:
    FITL97 said:
    Foosh said:

Kouame
    Navarro
    Ramos
    Fornillos
    Belangel

Possible second unit:
    Daves
    Verano/Malillin
    Malillin/Mamuyac
    Mendoza/Mamuyac
    Tio

I feel bad for the kid, I hope we don't hype him up too much to the point na we expect him to be a starting caliber guard right away just cause he's 6'2" and has potential.
    all I know is he is the baby baby beast :lol: in the Abueva-Perez mold in terms of playing big while being small

hopefully he's got his acads squared away too!
  • fallenservicemenfallenservicemen Member PEx Guru 🎖️🎖️
    Congrats Ateneo!
  • koichi777koichi777 Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    Honored to have witnessed and to be witnessing history being made. Congratulations Ateneo Blue Eagles for sweeping the season! Now, go and seize the championship for our Alma Mater!
  • -StrongTower--StrongTower- Member 🦅 Eagle Squad🏅
    Congrats boys!
    Now eyes on the biggest prize!
  • CaptainCharismaCaptainCharisma Moderator PEx Moderator

Elimination round stats after 14 wins
  • FITL97FITL97 Member PEx Rookie ⭐

Not that it matters but any chance Thirdy makes it to the mythical five? Nakakainis talaga na purely stat-based yung basis; 3 one-and-dones who didn't lead their respective schools to the final four are locks for 3 of the 5 spots (Suerte, Chauca, Orme-Malonzo).
  • mrjumbo03mrjumbo03 Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    FITL97 said:

Not that it matters but any chance Thirdy makes it to the mythical five? Nakakainis talaga na purely stat-based yung basis; 3 one-and-dones who didn't lead their respective schools to the final four are locks for 3 of the 5 spots (Suerte, Chauca, Orme-Malonzo).
    Won games also factor into the calculation. Suerte and Chauca might drop because of that. Also, it depends what position they are listed in. Kobe is a lock for one of the forward spots, and so is Baltazar if he's listed as forward. If not, it's gonna be between Orme and Thirdy.
  • BLACKSEDANBLACKSEDAN Member PEx Expert 🎖️
    Inand Fornillos was recruited by coach Tab as a succession piece and he was good with that.  He knew that he had to reinvent his game just like Mike Nieto because of his size.  He is still a double double performer for Glory Be but he knows he has to work on his ball handling, outside shooting and perimeter defense as a 2-3 in college and the pro's.  With Adrian Wong not coming back, the season 83 Blue Eagle roster is barring any catastrophic injuries during preseason or the dreaded Ateneo QPI standards.  Out are Matt, Mike, Adrian, Isaac and Thirdy.  Incoming will be the returning Raffy and Jolo from academic limbo and Glory Be call up Inand, Eli and Dwight Ramos.  Only caveat from my list, coach Tab may insist on bringing a third point guard to play behid SJ and Tyler as an insurance policy given that Tyler will also play a lot of 2 next season.
  • briefbrief Member PEx Expert 🎖️
    FITL97 said:
    Foosh said:
    FITL97 said:
    Foosh said:

Kouame
    Navarro
    Ramos
    Fornillos
    Belangel

Possible second unit:
    Daves
    Verano/Malillin
    Malillin/Mamuyac
    Mendoza/Mamuyac
    Tio

I dont know why he's being pegged as a guard when he has been a PF in HS. He's an energy guy. I think he can take Mike's role but needs to improve his FTs. I think him and Troy will be battling each other for leftover mins.
    Inand Fornillos was recruited by coach Tab as a succession piece and he was good with that.  He knew that he had to reinvent his game just like Mike Nieto because of his size.  He is still a double double performer for Glory Be but he knows he has to work on his ball handling, outside shooting and perimeter defense as a 2-3 in college and the pro's.  With Adrian Wong not coming back, the season 83 Blue Eagle roster is barring any catastrophic injuries during preseason or the dreaded Ateneo QPI standards.  Out are Matt, Mike, Adrian, Isaac and Thirdy.  Incoming will be the returning Raffy and Jolo from academic limbo and Glory Be call up Inand, Eli and Dwight Ramos.  Only caveat from my list, coach Tab may insist on bringing a third point guard to play behid SJ and Tyler as an insurance policy given that Tyler will also play a lot of 2 next season.
    Wala pa ba graduating from AHS? Padrigao or Espinosa?

Or what about Credo playing some PG akin to how UP uses Tungcab at the point.
  • BLACKSEDANBLACKSEDAN Member PEx Expert 🎖️
    Padrigao is only a junior while Espinosa is a sophomore.  The succession plan is for Lazaro and Padrigao take the place of the likes of Tyler, Mamu and Jolo complete their eligibility.  Espinosa is pegged to take the place of Belangel.  The next former Eaglet to make varsity will probably be Berjay and Fetalvero but that will not happen until season 84.  Fetalvero may be the next designated shooter for coach Tab.  If season 83 is to start next week, coach Tab is ready to name his 16 man varsity squad.  Any new recruits are destined for Glory Be to learn the system and stockpile players for season 84 and 85.
  • slatt_slimeslatt_slime PEx Rookie ⭐
    brief said:
    Wala pa ba graduating from AHS? Padrigao or Espinosa?

Or what about Credo playing some PG akin to how UP uses Tungcab at the point.
    Padrigao graduates 2021. Espi, the year after
    I guess we'll be a PG short. Unless of course Eli can play the point or even Credo.
  • TheShadowTheShadow Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    brief said:
    I guess we'll be a PG short. Unless of course Eli can play the point or even Credo.
    eli is a pg.
  • karahasankarahasan Member 🦅 Eagle Squad🏅
    PG wise we don't really have to worry. We have two primary PGs (SJ and Tyler) and three "makeshift PGs" (BJ, Mamu, Jason) next season, excluding Eli Ramos
  • FooshFoosh PEx Rookie ⭐
    brief said:
    FITL97 said:
    Foosh said:
    FITL97 said:
    Foosh said:

Kouame
    Navarro
    Ramos
    Fornillos
    Belangel

Possible second unit:
    Daves
    Verano/Malillin
    Malillin/Mamuyac
    Mendoza/Mamuyac
    Tio

I dont know why he's being pegged as a guard when he has been a PF in HS. He's an energy guy. I think he can take Mike's role but needs to improve his FTs. I think him and Troy will be battling each other for leftover mins.
    Kaya nga they placed him in Glory Be first, to have him transition from playing forward to guard. And contrary to what you said about him and Malillin battling for leftover mins, i believe they would be an integral part of the team next year.
  • fallenservicemenfallenservicemen Member PEx Guru 🎖️🎖️
    Reading your posts regarding on future seasons all I can say is wow. How I wish that I have information on the future of my team after this season.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file