COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

UP Basketball 3: New Age of WINNING MAROONS

Comments

• hacksawhacksaw Member PEx Expert 🎖️
    FITL97 said:

Also heard that Ethan won't consider NU at all anymore for university due to his terrible experience at NU-Nazareth (he was a social outcast and left after less than a month), and UP has been the one orchestrating everything with his possible move. Let's just hope walang biglaang kukuha sa kanya katulad ni Santillan noon. Pretty sure Santillan regrets spending his 2 years at DLSU instead of UP now haha.
    Santillan wasnt only one hijacked by or "picked up" at the airport by LaSalle alumni.  ;)
  • FITL97FITL97 Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    karahasan said:
    Maiba naman tayo ng usapan: there is a rumor that Ethan Kirkness is indeed going to enroll at UP. Not sure how effective he will be, given that he's been away from basketball for a while, but at least UP has a 6'10" body that can contribute if developed properly.
    If this is true, then I guess, almost nothing to lose? Tipong low risk high reward move.
    I personally know that UP was in contact with him. Pero, di ko sure if natuloy or nag-commit na talaga. Good indication though that in one of the pages being handled, the older Kirkness has been very active in commenting and interacting with UP fans.

I still think we need an FSA aside from Kirkness. Kirkness can play 4 naman. I think we also have a chance on another high-profile recruit from Visayas. Not sure if natuloy na nga.
    Mala Junemar sana yang nirerecruit from the Visayas hihi
    Ok na ako sa mala0Kobe or mala-Jun (wala tayo PG eh)
    Ok lang Kiki, may Brix Ramos and Miguel Pangilinan pa rin naman. Have high hopes for the 2, esp Brix. Idiotic move in my opinion for UE to have chosen Manalang over Brix when Brix is better at almost everything especially defensively, is 4 inches taller, and has a high Bball IQ. If he tightens up his shooting then solb na PG for the next 2-3 years.
  • Milo96Milo96 Member PEx Guru 🎖️🎖️
    edited October 30
    cccc said:

P.S. Speaking of delicadeza, at the end of every game, UP Pep Squad does the cheer of the opposing team, and the opposing team graciously pays back the favor except for one.  Siguro ito yung reason bakit may karma sila sa CDC at laging kulelat.  
    Iba lang key result areas ng BBB.

The BBB was created to lead the Ateneo crowd in cheering the Blue and Lady Eagles to victory.

They were not created to be cheered at, and most definitely not  to cheer for the other cheering squad.

If the applause from the Ateneo community during the other teams' alma mater song isn't enough delicadeza for anyone, that's now their problem. Absolutely not the BBB's problem. 

So, kung KRA ng UP pep squad ay manalo sa CDC, siguro, yan reason kung bakit hindi pa nagcha champion UP basketball at volleyball magmula nang itinatatag sya.

Ewan ko kung tawag dun ay karma. 
  • feelingerofeelingero That darn rookie. PEx Guru 🎖️🎖️
    ^ I find it stupid that you raise KPIs and KRAs on a matter that is obviously about politeness and sportsmanship. I don't think ANY Pep Squad in the UAAP is created to be cheered at, and to cheer the opposing school. It's just so dumb saying the BBB has a different KRA than the other 7 squads. Lol.

Yeah, you're not warranted to cheer back at the end of the game, there are no rules about end game pleasantries anyway. But that's the thing about being well-mannered and being polite - you do it even if it is not required of you. It's like a person greeting you "Good Morning." You're not required to greet back, but ignoring the person just makes you a huge *****$hole.

What amuses me about this whole thing is that it comes from a community that was taught of "Magis" and prides itself as being "men and women for others." 

It's definitely not karma, but I sure do know what it is called.  ;)
    edited October 30

It's definitely not karma, but I sure do know what it is called.  ;)
    It's called ineffective cheering. 
    edited October 30
    ^ I find it stupid that you raise KPIs and KRAs on a matter that is obviously about politeness and sportsmanship. I don't think ANY Pep Squad in the UAAP is created to be cheered at, and to cheer the opposing school. It's just so dumb saying the BBB has a different KRA than the other 7 squads. Lol.

Yeah, you're not warranted to cheer back at the end of the game, there are no rules about end game pleasantries anyway. But that's the thing about being well-mannered and being polite - you do it even if it is not required of you. It's like a person greeting you "Good Morning." You're not required to greet back, but ignoring the person just makes you a huge *****$hole.

What amuses me about this whole thing is that it comes from a community that was taught of "Magis" and prides itself as being "men and women for others." 

Before the flood of bandwagon fans, the main fans of the Maroons in the stadium for decades were the Ateneans. When barely a UP student watched (allegedly studying), the loudest cheers came from Ateneans. When the other schools you played with didn't applaud during UP naming mahal, at the end of the game, the Ateneans applauded. 

The real analogy is that you come across a person and you greet good morning, you take offense when he instead salutes which he has been doing salutes well before you started greeting anyone good morning. 

Don't pretend to know  the meaning of the culture of the community you don't belong to. Magis and being Men for Others must be seen in the context of the culture of the community that subscribes to it. If that reflects in the applause that you choose to ignore, well that's just unfortunate. But don't impose your culture in other communities. 
  • hacksawhacksaw Member PEx Expert 🎖️
    edited October 30
    The UP Crowd, arguably the biggest and loudest in recent UAAP history, doesn't need a BBB type squad to lead them in cheering. The sheer number that attends the games is enough to drown out the cheer of the other side.  And giving them a lecture on how they should cheer and comport themselves during the games, as someone recently found out,  aint gonna change it. =)   
  • Rudy_FernandezRudy_Fernandez Baller PEx Icon 🎖️🎖️🎖️
    LOL Milo96 saying UP has a no-bearing game.
    That final game vs Ateneo is one of the most important games of the season.
    CONFIDENCE and MOMENTUM and VICTORY.
    Treating it as no-bearing means surrendering our season.
    Milo96 said:

Before the flood of bandwagon fans, the main fans of the Maroons in the stadium for decades were the Ateneans. When barely a UP student watched (allegedly studying), the loudest cheers came from Ateneans. When the other schools you played with didn't applaud during UP naming mahal, at the end of the game, the Ateneans applauded. 

The real analogy is that you come across a person and you greet good morning, you take offense when he instead salutes which he has been doing salutes well before you started greeting anyone good morning. 

Don't pretend to know  the meaning of the culture of the community you don't belong to. Magis and being Men for Others must be seen in the context of the culture of the community that subscribes to it. If that reflects in the applause that you choose to ignore, well that's just unfortunate. But don't impose your culture in other communities. 
    This is just delusional. I find these claims hilarious.

But sure, i'll indulge you for a bit. Let's say it is indeed true that you used to cheer for us, we all know those cheers are coming from a place of pity with us being perennial cellar-dwellers. We've seen how quickly your community has changed towards us with UP becoming a real threat in the league in the last couple of years. You were the first to ridicule us and our players, calling us "unclassy", nitpicking on stuff like the way we celebrate our 9-4.  So NO, that sorry excuse na "we used to cheer for you" is just not gonna cut it.

As for your "salute" analogy, I just find it plain dumb. You're saying I should get offended with someone saluting me when I greet him good morning? Why would I? We're talking about reciprocity of gesture here. Gesture acknowleged and returned, that's perfectly fine. Gesture ignored, that's what's offensive. And that's what your BBB is doing, ignoring the polite gesture of drumbreat exchange.  

Lastly, NO ONE is IMPOSING our culture on others. We're just discussing peacefully, on OUR thread, how that level of apathy looked like to us. It's not like we're forcing the BBB to do it or holding them accountable to it. If that's your culture, well and fine. You do you. Ignore all you want! But don't go telling us how to feel about it. Between the two of us, I think it's very obvious who's really ramming down their culture on the others' throats. Lol.
    LOL Milo96 saying UP has a no-bearing game.
    That final game vs Ateneo is one of the most important games of the season.
    CONFIDENCE and MOMENTUM and VICTORY.
    Treating it as no-bearing means surrendering our season.
    Funny right? Im just amazed how this guy is wired. lol.
  • half_nakedhalf_naked Registered User PEx Rookie ⭐
    Ang impatient ng UP. 

And wala talaga silang magawa sa depensa ng Ateneo. Permiter shooting lang ang magwowork against Ateneo dahil sarado ang loob.

Kouame owning Bright again. 

And Juan making fancy passes like there's a need for it.

Enebeyen, Ateneo is really in a league of its own.
  • powersleeppowersleep Member PEx Expert 🎖️
    Kalmado lang naman ako sa laban na to! basta pumasok lang sila sa Finals! ❤😂
  • gelodudegelodude Member PEx Expert 🎖️
    BOBO, predictable and ineffective offense on display again. Koame seals Bright then our offense has no alternative movements and options. Not even flashing Kobe at high post when Koame denies the entry pass to Bright. The stepladder will be just a battle for 2nd place. If the boys make it to Finals again I will treat it already as a success. I hope UP organized a feast for them because they made it that far while being held back by ineffective coaching.
  • half_nakedhalf_naked Registered User PEx Rookie ⭐
    Outcoached talaga grabe. Parang sumugod sa gyera na walang bala. What puzzles me up to this point is bakittttt walang gameplan? I would have been contented if dikit man lang pero tambak na naman??? 

Anyway, makapasok na lng sa finals ang ultimate goal, dont even think of being champions dahil imposible na to.

I hope we meet UST in the playoff at makabawi man lang sa kanila
  • _Phoenix7__Phoenix7_ BEST IN THE WORLD. PEx Expert 🎖️
    Dun tayo sa positives - amazing crowd, again! Good job UP crowd!

Kayo, ano positives nyo? :)

#NowhereToGoButUP!
  • kris appletonkris appleton Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    edited October 30
    Happy na they did not treat is as a non bearing game. Lumaban pa rin! ADMU is just on a league of its own. 

And of course no one got injured or hurt today! Laban UP! 💚❤️ #UPFight
    edited October 30
    Milo96 said:
    UP has no incentive to win game 14.

I think they won't try too hard.
    I told you so. 

Bright was pulled out too early.

Either Bo surrendeted well ahead of the crowd, or he was saving something for the finals.

If this game was treated like an important game, the bench won't be playing as much as they did today. It would resemble more like the fighting spirit of last year's finals. 
    Anyway, thank you for the gesture that the pep squad did after the game. 

Hope to see your team in the finals. Whatever secret Bo was hiding, I hope it works well for FEU/UST. 

It would be a shame if this team failed to replicate Desiderio's accomplishments considering the addition of Paras and Rivero. 
  • BambeeeetaBambeeeeta Member 🐯 Tiger Squad🥈
    BBB did the Let's Go, UP! rin. Nice!
    Outcoached talaga grabe. Parang sumugod sa gyera na walang bala. What puzzles me up to this point is bakittttt walang gameplan? I would have been contented if dikit man lang pero tambak na naman??? 

Anyway, makapasok na lng sa finals ang ultimate goal, dont even think of being champions dahil imposible na to.

I hope we meet UST in the playoff at makabawi man lang sa kanila
    Actually, may game plan. Ang wala ay ang in game adjustment.

Yun lang naman ginagawa ng Ateneo. Karamihan dali sa 1 in game adjustment. May ilan, kailangan 2 o 3.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file