Home PEx Sports UAAP - Basketball
COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

DLSU Green Archers!!!

Comments

• zaifufufuzaifufufu PEx Rookie ⭐
    edited August 2019
    Kung basketball lang ang paguusapan, Put#$%&* In*&#$%*%^%!!! ang mga nagpapatakbo ng DLSU Men's Basketball.  They are a bunch of idiots who are wasting the resources of ECJ.

They should follow the lead of the DLSU Women's Volleyball program.  CRDJ is the Gregg Popovich of UAAP Women's Volleyball, and he's surrounded by smart and talented people, from the Team Managers to the owner of F2 Logistics.  

I feel the Lady Eagles are similar to the DLSU Men's Basketball team.  They can win a title here and there, but do not really have a viable long term program.  As proof of this, look at how the Lady Eagles performed this year.  They won the title, but did not beat the Lady Spikers along the way.  The Lady Eagles have a mediocre program that's built like a house of cards; the same can be said for the DLSU Men's Basketball team. 
    Real talk there Don, ever since the end of the Pumaren era, it’s been a game of musical chairs. No more continuity. Who knows maybe Byrd and co can steer the ship in the right direction. Also rooting for my favorite player Danny Seigle to bring some success in his senior management role here (I believe he’s now the head of basketball operations). Walang mangyayari kung every season pabago bago ang staff at management. Napapabayaan din ang player development. 

Regarding the Lady Eagles, they’re still babies as perennial contenders as they only really entered relevancy just a decade ago. You can’t expect them to be up to par with the Popovich like dynasty of RDJ. 

You might also want to look at your football program. Longest title drought among the regularly participating schools. Heck even UE has won a title more recently than DLSU which last won during the Ramos administration. 
    The DLSU football and volleyball program are the only ones working long term (in the team sports). While yes the men's team haven't won a lot (tho they have been a regular final four team. Hirap lang talaga tumawid) the women's team is what Ateneo currently is towards the Gilas program, kuhaan ng national players. DLSU women's is a 3-peat champion btw. Same recruitment lang sila ng mens problem is Coach Hans cant count on other La Salle Colleges to give/refer them to recruits for the mens since may backing may sariling "empire" ang USLS sa Visayas (Direct line to Ceres Negros) and La Salle has to find other pipelines. I would add tho that the mens does produce quality players and one of them has been recruited to play in a US college (Shanden Vergara). Sa volleyball we all know how they do their thing. 

Basketball will always be a problem since so many people want to handle it. Raming gustong maki-alam especially if natatalo na. Fans lang naman ang patient sa La Salle eh. The moment SMC started letting in "outsiders" into the program balik ulit sa dati. This year I think they are trying to regain back that control from the alumni. Sa kanila galing yung tatlo sa US and yung import for next season, walang alumni na nag scout para sa kanila. Yung nag-rereklamo ngayon about sa playing time and sa pagiging Team B di naman talaga galing sa SMC eh.
  • dj_ouchdj_ouch sPin doCtor PEx Guru 🎖️🎖️
    dj_ouch said:
    Other teams sched are more spread out at 24 or 25 days for the 7 games.

Nu comes in 2nd with 22 days.
    drawing a bye on opening day, ayaw mo nyan may extra time kayo to gel and scout since late na yata nabuo line-up nyo 
    Not playing on the 1st 2 playdates then ending the 1st round not even on the last day. Schedule makers are desperate.
  • DevastatorDevastator The Absolute Power PEx Guru 🎖️🎖️
    Confirmed, DLSU and Ateneo face off on the 8th.
  • RegzedsRegzeds PEx Rookie ⭐
    edited August 2019
    Tagal ko nawala. I thought DLSU will just be so so this season but then the 3 and one recruits. Balik PEX agad. Boy, the thread is alive again ha ha. Ilang pages ako nag back read. Entertaining posts. Excited for the season to start. 
  • motherballermotherballer PEx Rookie ⭐
    edited August 2019
    no hill and lojera on the kadayawan lineup. isn't hill healthy now? where is lojera? such a waste if they drop him. i hope this isn't telling of their fate for season 82.

• fchwpofchwpo PEx Rookie ⭐
    What happened to Kurt Lojera? Is he injured or just out of the lineup?
  • Milo96Milo96 Member PEx Guru 🎖️🎖️
    edited August 2019
    TheShadow said:

stick to basketball na lang since that's what the thread is all about.
    No thanks, I prefer to fight dirty.  Here, this one is for you:

What is TAE? TAE is short for The Ateneo Education. TAE is what separates those who have studied in TADMU (The Ateneo De Manila University) from those who have studied somewhere else.

TAE is also well loved by students and former students of TADMU. They love it so much, they live, eat, and breathe TAE.

Furthermore, those who have graduated from TADMU have been asked in job interviews as to why they should be hired instead of other candidates. Here’s their standard reply: “I’m full of TAE, and this makes me a qualified candidate for the position.”

Lastly, TAE is passed down by those who have studied in TADMU to their children and grandchildren. They make sure to enroll their kids in TADMU, so the TAE tradition is passed on in their family, from generation to generation.

As a parting shot, what should we call people who exude TAE? UP students (past and present) have no qualms about being called UPians, so TADMU students (past and present) shouldn't object to being called TAEnians. In fact, those of the latter should take it one step further and proclaim to the entire world: “I’m a proud TAEnian!”

Ang isda ay nahuhuli sa bibig. 

At ikaw, puro baho lumalabas sa iyong bibig. Dont forget to drink listerine it might work. I doubt it thoiugh. 

Just as long aa you keep the stink in La Salle threads, it suits me perfectly. 
    Captain_Z said:
    Milo96 said:
    Captain_Z said:
    Isama mo pa si Arepacochaga kina Jamike and Silva sa mga Ateneo coaches who turned out to be duds in college basketball. It is a big joke comparing Byrd with these coaches.
    Let's return to this when Byrd falls to match Sandy's 7-0 stay before he lost Larry Fonacier. 

I planned to make fact-based rebuttal so I googled your man, Sandy.  After a few minutes, I got impatient and gave up as I cannot find anything relevant that says about Coach Arespacochaga's college coaching career. Surprising for your highly touted head coach.

Anyway, let us see how Byrd will fare.  Talk to you later in the season.

To be fair, I didnt keep my hopes up for a fact based rebuttal from a La Sallian like you.

I mean what can you expect if not ad hominem defense, right? 
    thread to ng mga Lasallians and La Salle supporters pero yung mga makuda dito mga tadmu turds.  =)
    Nope. 

This is a thread about La Salle. 

To talk about the 3 la salle one-and-dones in other schools' threads would be off topic. 
    TheShadow said:
    TheShadow said:

What is TAE? TAE is short for The Ateneo Education. TAE is what separates those who have studied in TADMU (The Ateneo De Manila University) from those who have studied somewhere else.

TAE is also well loved by students and former students of TADMU. They love it so much, they live, eat, and breathe TAE.

Furthermore, those who have graduated from TADMU have been asked in job interviews as to why they should be hired instead of other candidates. Here’s their standard reply: “I’m full of TAE, and this makes me a qualified candidate for the position.”

Lastly, TAE is passed down by those who have studied in TADMU to their children and grandchildren. They make sure to enroll their kids in TADMU, so the TAE tradition is passed on in their family, from generation to generation.

As a parting shot, what should we call people who exude TAE? UP students (past and present) have no qualms about being called UPians, so TADMU students (past and present) shouldn't object to being called TAEnians. In fact, those of the latter should take it one step further and proclaim to the entire world: “I’m a proud TAEnian!”

this is the kind and quality of response i was expecting (and was wishing for). good job la sallian!  ;)
    I know, I'm on a roll.  Here, let me remind you about TADMU's penchant for copying chees:

You have to hand it to the TADMUnistas. They put new meaning to the word DUMB! And why is that? It’s because they claim that the whole world copies them, when in fact, they have copied the whole world. Here is a list of cheers that they have copied from other sources:

1. The old alma mater hymn “Hail, Ateneo, Hail!” (words modified and music stolen from "The Fordham Ram" of Fordham University)
    2. The Ateneo Cadet Corps March (to the tune of the United States Field Artillery March)
    3. The Ateneo Victory Song (also known as "Roll Out the Victory", to the tune of the Battle Hymn of the Republic)
    4. A Song for Mary (music copied and stolen from "O Canada”)

And to further shoot themselves in the foot, TADMU alumnus Rudy Allaybayan wrote an article entitled “Animo Ateneo: It’s Our Cheer”. How gay can a TADMUnista be? Animo is a word that has been around forever. What about the Duke Blue Devils? Did they copy TADMU because they used the word blue? What about the Boston College Eagles? Did they copy TADMU because they used the word eagle?

But wait, it gets better. Here is the cherry on top of the sundae. TADMU’s gay benefactor and alumnus MVP plagiarized speeches by JK Rowling and Barack Obama during his commencement speech at the March 27, 2010 TADMU graduation ceremony! Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Only in the Philippines, folks. Even better: only by TADMUnistas.

More ad hominem. 

You do know that Ad Hominem is a fallacy right? 

Keeping this in topic, none of what you said  actually helped La Salle's reputation. If ever, it showed everyone how dirty ones language is in La Salle. 
    edited August 2019
    Lol. So many Ateneans in a DLSU thread. Boring na ba sa thread nyo? :lol: 

Pero pag may taga-DLSU nagpopost sa thread nyo galit na galit kayo :lol:

If you guys are not really threatened/insecure, you would not even be wasting time posting in this thread. Go talk about us and continue to act like sissy girls in your own turf the hell we care :) 

Good luck na lang sa inyo sa UAAP. Kayo parin naman mag chachampion diba ?  :wink:

It's fun to read about La Salle fans be excited about their recruits then to be shown that these recruits are  essentially mercenaries, and then later in the season, watch their hearts break as the team underperforms. I mean I had a lot of fun when highly favored Mbala reinforced Green Archers fail to repeat. Now, imagine this time they have  Mbala x3. 

Furthermore, it's also fun to read about La Salle fans state year in and year out that theirs is a rebuilding team.  Havent it occured to them that mercenaries leave prematurely when they find greener pastures?  The way I see it, La Salle shoots itself in the foot by getting mercenaries and turning off promisimg high school blue chips. By getting mercenaries, they are perpetually rebuilding.

It's nice to hear some la salle fans agree but knowing team management doesn't follow Pex, their rants would privably be futile.

It's fun to see time and again force La Salian fans to resort to ad hominem attacks. Just between us, I cinsider it a victory already. 

So, I hope but dont expect to bear with us.

Indeed, this thread is more fun. 
  • MasterSaharaMasterSahara PEx Rookie ⭐
    You're one sad MF Milo96 HAHA get a life! You're one sore gloater :dizzy: 
  • Jamp0ng08Jamp0ng08 PEx Rookie ⭐
    any update on hill and lojera? are the 2 were remove from the team?
  • kikini_kiannakikini_kianna 🐃 Tamaraw Squad
    hindi raw, as per tyrus may inaayos sa acads
  • trailblazerstrailblazers PEx Rookie ⭐
    Edi malungkot ang mga taga AdU ngayon?
  • DonaldDraperDonaldDraper PExer
    edited August 2019
    Milo96 said:
    TheShadow said:

Ang isda ay nahuhuli sa bibig. 

At ikaw, puro baho lumalabas sa iyong bibig. Dont forget to drink listerine it might work. I doubt it thoiugh. 

Just as long aa you keep the stink in La Salle threads, it suits me perfectly. 
    Before you reply to any of my posts, try to learn how to spell "though" first.  I shouldn't be surprised; after all, you are full of TAE (The Ateneo Education).

And I still make more money than you!  =)=)=)
  • DonaldDraperDonaldDraper PExer
    edited August 2019
    Milo96 said:
    TheShadow said:
    TheShadow said:

this is the kind and quality of response i was expecting (and was wishing for). good job la sallian!  ;)
    I know, I'm on a roll.  Here, let me remind you about TADMU's penchant for copying chees:

You have to hand it to the TADMUnistas. They put new meaning to the word DUMB! And why is that? It’s because they claim that the whole world copies them, when in fact, they have copied the whole world. Here is a list of cheers that they have copied from other sources:

1. The old alma mater hymn “Hail, Ateneo, Hail!” (words modified and music stolen from "The Fordham Ram" of Fordham University)
    2. The Ateneo Cadet Corps March (to the tune of the United States Field Artillery March)
    3. The Ateneo Victory Song (also known as "Roll Out the Victory", to the tune of the Battle Hymn of the Republic)
    4. A Song for Mary (music copied and stolen from "O Canada”)

And to further shoot themselves in the foot, TADMU alumnus Rudy Allaybayan wrote an article entitled “Animo Ateneo: It’s Our Cheer”. How gay can a TADMUnista be? Animo is a word that has been around forever. What about the Duke Blue Devils? Did they copy TADMU because they used the word blue? What about the Boston College Eagles? Did they copy TADMU because they used the word eagle?

But wait, it gets better. Here is the cherry on top of the sundae. TADMU’s gay benefactor and alumnus MVP plagiarized speeches by JK Rowling and Barack Obama during his commencement speech at the March 27, 2010 TADMU graduation ceremony! Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Only in the Philippines, folks. Even better: only by TADMUnistas.

More ad hominem. 

You do know that Ad Hominem is a fallacy right? 

Keeping this in topic, none of what you said  actually helped La Salle's reputation. If ever, it showed everyone how dirty ones language is in La Salle. 
    It also shows how hurt you are by my posts.  You wouldn't bother posting here if all my posts were lies.  It is because you know for a fact that your school song is a cheap rip off of O Canada, and the truth hurts, big time. 
    I can do this all day, everyday, baby. 
    I make billions of dollars, my money works for me, and I still make more money than you! =)=)=)
  • greenergreener PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Obviously........Still, let me guess...... Hahaha 
  • leodr_siemreapleodr_siemreap PEx Rookie ⭐
    3 one and dones, 2 are so so but one is legit af!
  • grassgrass PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    edited August 2019
    Kaya pala inggit na inggit yung mga TAEnista e. By the looks of it, literally half of their team were once blue eaglets. Kala ko ba magaling kayo mag-recruit? LOL.

3 one and dones > 8 homegrown players. 'nuff said.

Never shall we fail!
    Animo La Salle!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file