Home PEx Sports UAAP - Basketball
COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

DLSU Green Archers!!!

Comments

• CaptainCharismaCaptainCharisma Moderator PEx Moderator
    Foosh said:
    Milo96 said:
    Captain_Z said:
    Milo96 said:
    In light of the issue where the 3 one and dones of La Salle are essentially mercenaries who have no real intent to finish their degree, then essentially, I submit, one and done athletes study one school year and  thereafter is done with contractual obligations then leaves.

La Salle has plenty of examples of these in the past. 
    How can you tell the 3 do not have "real intent to finish their degree"? They just completed their bachelor's degree. How can you question then their intent to earn another degree? Anyway, kung di malakas ung 3, wala sigurong ganitong diskusyon. All is not lost for Admu, you still have a very good chance to defend the crown. Mahihirapan lang kayo.😂
    Let's return to this to when the 3 leaves without graduating like Mbala, Samuel, Tallo, Bringas, Cortez, Bolick, etc. 
    I still don't quite get it na may naniniwala pa , even La Sallians, na mag aaral talaga yung 3 na one and done. Since one year lang naman palying year nila ay they could just enroll, attend one class, and just flunk the subject. Tapos. Alam naman ng lahat ang purpose nila and for formality's sake lang yung pag enroll in a post graduate course to make them eligible to play.
    not even a full playing year, more like a playing semester, and not even a full semester since trimester yan, it's all legal but don't act like these players are here to study at all, in fact most players don't, even full-time undergraduate students (hello 60 units remaining after 7 years in college) :lol: 
  • grassgrass PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    edited August 2019
    Inggit lang sila sa Youtube mercs natin. Puro galing team b lang kasi ang mga bagong players nila. LOL. 

Never shall we fail!
    Animo La Salle!
  • MasterSaharaMasterSahara PEx Rookie ⭐
    why are non-lasallians so concerned with our basketball program? insecurity? jealousy? threatened? is it because this is just the start of bigger things (players/coaches/connections) in the future of our program? Just like what you've all said, nothing has really been proven yet. Nothing has started yet. But look at all these birdies going gaga haha. Scared that these things will make a more formidable GA program in the future since our recruits are not anymore local? ;) 
  • lovejoneslovejones living the martini life PEx Expert 🎖️
    why are non-lasallians so concerned with our basketball program? insecurity? jealousy? threatened? is it because this is just the start of bigger things (players/coaches/connections) in the future of our program? Just like what you've all said, nothing has really been proven yet. Nothing has started yet. But look at all these birdies going gaga haha. Scared that these things will make a more formidable GA program in the future since our recruits are not anymore local? ;) 
    i don't think they're insecure, threatened, or jealous. the green archers are just being laughed at because of the desperate measures they have made
  • TheShadowTheShadow PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    i wouldn't call getting one-and-done players from overseas a program. more like a solution to the inability to develop a program.
  • RuckuSRuckuS Member PEx Icon 🎖️🎖️🎖️
    Captain_Z said:
    Isama mo pa si Arepacochaga kina Jamike and Silva sa mga Ateneo coaches who turned out to be duds in college basketball. It is a big joke comparing Byrd with these coaches.
    lets talk actual accomplishments and not "theoretical BS" .. Arespacochaga, Jamike and Silva have won multiple championships in the UAAP Jrs Division. Arespachochaga though did not win a Championship during his single season as headcoach in the seniors, was still able to coach Ateneo into the Final4 even with a depleted lineup. As an assistant though to Banal, Black and Tab he's won a TON of Championships in the past 2 decades. He's also been a longtime Assistant coach in the PBA. Jamike won a Championship as Headcoach of San Beda in the NCAA Srs. While Joe Silva is only going on his 2nd year as a headcoach in the seniors level -- still a full year of experience more than Byrd. like I said lets talk ACCOMPLISHMENTS in the UAAP and so far Byrd has NONE. "Big Joke?" lets revisit after the season. He better make sure dlsu makes the Finals, since anything less will most likely get his head chopped off. And even if he manages to get an extension of his contract for a 2nd season, who will dlsu turn to when their 3 Mercs have flown off into the PBA,ABL and MPBL? look for MORE "one and done" fil-ams?
  • A hypocrite is BoBo.  He criticizes a certain person’s appearance, and yet does not see the speck in his own eye.  He’s too dumb to figure out that when he points a finger, three of his own fingers are pointing right back at him.

TADMU (The Ateneo De Manila University) loves to accuse DLSU of abusing the rules that allow imports to play in the UAAP.  “Nagchampion lang sila dahil kay Mbala.”  And yet they have no qualms about using imports such as Chibueze Ikeh, Angelo Kouame, and Amy Ahomiro.  Ikeh by the way, during his collegiate playing days, was arrested and charged with violating Republic Act 9262, known as the Anti-Violence Against Women and Their Children Act of 2004.  That’s par for the course for a TADMU athlete-student.

Another TADMU accusation against DLSU is that the latter allows mercenaries to play for their team.  And yet players such as Ryan Buenafe (San Sebastian High School), Eric Salamat (San Sebastian High School), CJ Perez (San Sebastian College), Jerie Pingoy (FEU High School), Hubert Cani (NU High School) all passed the ACET, and are definitely mercenaries by every definition imaginable.  Even Coach Roger Gorayeb of the TADMU Lady Eagles admitted to recruiting and fielding in mercenary athletes who did not pass the ACET.

And now comes the accusation from TADMU that DLSU is abusing the rules by recruiting three one and dones.  This is hypocritical because the former ATTEMPTED to have CJ Perez play as a one and done.  He passed the ACET and enrolled in the university, with the intent of playing as a one and done.

Hypocritical actions speak louder than words, except when an objective third party such as the Times Higher Education states in its 2019 World University Rankings that DLSU and UP are the two best universities in the Philippines.  A hypocrite is BoBo, and TADMU is the perfect example. 

actually, there is only one contention in the last few pages of the thread - that dlsu is collecting AND will actually use one-and-done players to salvage their season. 

your novel does not dispute that and does not show that admu has done the same thing.   
  • RuckuS said:
    Captain_Z said:
    Isama mo pa si Arepacochaga kina Jamike and Silva sa mga Ateneo coaches who turned out to be duds in college basketball. It is a big joke comparing Byrd with these coaches.
    lets talk actual accomplishments and not "theoretical BS" .. Arespacochaga, Jamike and Silva have won multiple championships in the UAAP Jrs Division. Arespachochaga though did not win a Championship during his single season as headcoach in the seniors, was still able to coach Ateneo into the Final4 even with a depleted lineup. As an assistant though to Banal, Black and Tab he's won a TON of Championships in the past 2 decades. He's also been a longtime Assistant coach in the PBA. Jamike won a Championship as Headcoach of San Beda in the NCAA Srs. While Joe Silva is only going on his 2nd year as a headcoach in the seniors level -- still a full year of experience more than Byrd. like I said lets talk ACCOMPLISHMENTS in the UAAP and so far Byrd has NONE. "Big Joke?" lets revisit after the season. He better make sure dlsu makes the Finals, since anything less will most likely get his head chopped off. And even if he manages to get an extension of his contract for a 2nd season, who will dlsu turn to when their 3 Mercs have flown off into the PBA,ABL and MPBL? look for MORE "one and done" fil-ams?
    Admittedly, TADMU has the better basketball program than DLSU; the latter meanwhile has a better women's volleyball program than the former.  

That's fine with me, TADMU is known as the basketball university of the Philippines; a school that allows players like Ryan Buenafe, Eric Salamat, Jerie Pingoy, and Hubert Cani to pass the ACET and play for the Blue Eagles.

TADMU is number one in basketball, number two in academics when compared to DLSU.  The latter meanwhile is number one in academics and number two in basketball when compared to TADMU.  As proof, here's a link to an article regarding the 2019 Times Higher Education World University Rankings:  https://www.rappler.com/nation/212949-the-world-university-rankings-2019-university-philippines-de-la-salle-university

Cheers!
    RuckuS said:
    Captain_Z said:
    Admittedly, TADMU has the better basketball program than DLSU; the latter meanwhile has a better women's volleyball program than the former.  

That's fine with me, TADMU is known as the basketball university of the Philippines; a school that allows players like Ryan Buenafe, Eric Salamat, Jerie Pingoy, and Hubert Cani to pass the ACET and play for the Blue Eagles.

TADMU is number one in basketball, number two in academics when compared to DLSU.  The latter meanwhile is number one in academics and number two in basketball when compared to TADMU.  As proof, here's a link to an article regarding the 2019 Times Higher Education World University Rankings:  https://www.rappler.com/nation/212949-the-world-university-rankings-2019-university-philippines-de-la-salle-university

Cheers!
    so now we're into the rankings lol.

this is already a different topic altogether but maybe you should also consider the latest QS world university rankings where admu is actually #2 after up.

https://www.philstar.com/headlines/2018/06/07/1822417/up-ateneo-la-salle-slip-qs-world-university-rankings

stick to basketball na lang since that's what the thread is all about.
  • DevastatorDevastator The Absolute Power PEx Guru 🎖️🎖️
    Lol. So many Ateneans in a DLSU thread. Boring na ba sa thread nyo? :lol: 

Pero pag may taga-DLSU nagpopost sa thread nyo galit na galit kayo :lol:

If you guys are not really threatened/insecure, you would not even be wasting time posting in this thread. Go talk about us and continue to act like sissy girls in your own turf the hell we care :) 

Same goes to the ever-biased Atenean Moderator.  Sus, sya pa minsan yung nagsisimula ng gulo with his simple jabs. No wonder the hardcore Lasallians no longer post in PEX. 

Good luck na lang sa inyo sa UAAP. Kayo parin naman mag chachampion diba ?  :wink:

• ponkenponken Member PEx Expert 🎖️
    the thread is alive.... 

• TheShadow said:

No thanks, I prefer to fight dirty.  Here, this one is for you:

What is TAE? TAE is short for The Ateneo Education. TAE is what separates those who have studied in TADMU (The Ateneo De Manila University) from those who have studied somewhere else.

TAE is also well loved by students and former students of TADMU. They love it so much, they live, eat, and breathe TAE.

Furthermore, those who have graduated from TADMU have been asked in job interviews as to why they should be hired instead of other candidates. Here’s their standard reply: “I’m full of TAE, and this makes me a qualified candidate for the position.”

Lastly, TAE is passed down by those who have studied in TADMU to their children and grandchildren. They make sure to enroll their kids in TADMU, so the TAE tradition is passed on in their family, from generation to generation.

As a parting shot, what should we call people who exude TAE? UP students (past and present) have no qualms about being called UPians, so TADMU students (past and present) shouldn't object to being called TAEnians. In fact, those of the latter should take it one step further and proclaim to the entire world: “I’m a proud TAEnian!”

• TheShadow said:
    actually, there is only one contention in the last few pages of the thread - that dlsu is collecting AND will actually use one-and-done players to salvage their season. 

your novel does not dispute that and does not show that admu has done the same thing.   

Actually, you are missing the bigger picture.  The point of my piece is to point out TADMU's hypocrisy regarding the use of one and dones.   TADMU attempted to use a one and done a few years ago (CJ Perez), and yet frowns upon it when DLSU is trying to do the same thing.

I shouldn’t be surprised.  You are full of TAE (The Ateneo Education). 

• lovejoneslovejones living the martini life PEx Expert 🎖️
    Puso mo brad 😂
    TheShadow said:

What is TAE? TAE is short for The Ateneo Education. TAE is what separates those who have studied in TADMU (The Ateneo De Manila University) from those who have studied somewhere else.

TAE is also well loved by students and former students of TADMU. They love it so much, they live, eat, and breathe TAE.

Furthermore, those who have graduated from TADMU have been asked in job interviews as to why they should be hired instead of other candidates. Here’s their standard reply: “I’m full of TAE, and this makes me a qualified candidate for the position.”

Lastly, TAE is passed down by those who have studied in TADMU to their children and grandchildren. They make sure to enroll their kids in TADMU, so the TAE tradition is passed on in their family, from generation to generation.

As a parting shot, what should we call people who exude TAE? UP students (past and present) have no qualms about being called UPians, so TADMU students (past and present) shouldn't object to being called TAEnians. In fact, those of the latter should take it one step further and proclaim to the entire world: “I’m a proud TAEnian!”

this is the kind and quality of response i was expecting (and was wishing for). good job la sallian!  ;)
  • Captain_ZCaptain_Z PEx Rookie ⭐
    Milo96 said:
    Captain_Z said:
    Let's return to this when Byrd falls to match Sandy's 7-0 stay before he lost Larry Fonacier. 

I planned to make fact-based rebuttal so I googled your man, Sandy.  After a few minutes, I got impatient and gave up as I cannot find anything relevant that says about Coach Arespacochaga's college coaching career. Surprising for your highly touted head coach.

Anyway, what I saw are some articles about his stint as head coach of Batang Gilas (Thanks to MVP for the appointment). As we all know, it was a total embarrassment for the Phils in the last tourney when we were bannered by talented "giants".  Thanks to your beloved coach.

Going back to his college coaching career, congratulations for 7-0 start if only Fonacier was not injured.  Hehehe.  So if you think that was commendable, go and continue to fool yourself.  Look what happened to him after that season -- axed the following season. Anyway, I remember him 3 seasons ago when he was the head coach of Admu that placed runner up to DLSU. Well, that was good enough accomplishment for the DUMMY head coach for Tab.

Anyway, let us see how Byrd will fare.  Talk to you later in the season.

• Lol. So many Ateneans in a DLSU thread. Boring na ba sa thread nyo? :lol: 

Pero pag may taga-DLSU nagpopost sa thread nyo galit na galit kayo :lol:

If you guys are not really threatened/insecure, you would not even be wasting time posting in this thread. Go talk about us and continue to act like sissy girls in your own turf the hell we care :) 

Same goes to the ever-biased Atenean Moderator.  Sus, sya pa minsan yung nagsisimula ng gulo with his simple jabs. No wonder the hardcore Lasallians no longer post in PEX. 

Good luck na lang sa inyo sa UAAP. Kayo parin naman mag chachampion diba ?  :wink:

Kumpadre, huwag na natin idamay si Captain Charisma (the Moderator you are referring to).  In all my years of posting here in PEx, I've never had a bad experience with him.  

In fact he's funny most of the time.  I remember one time, he stole my thunder by letting everyone know that I make more money than everyone else (I'm the one who's supposed to say that!).

There was another time someone mentioned Boy Sablan (former coach of UST), and Captain Charisma quipped back "Who is Boy Sablan?  I thought his name was Boy Sablay!"

So 3 cheers to Cap, the Moderator who is never bothered when I let him know that I still make more money than him! =)  
  • TheShadow said:
    TheShadow said:

this is the kind and quality of response i was expecting (and was wishing for). good job la sallian!  ;)
    I know, I'm on a roll.  Here, let me remind you about TADMU's penchant for copying chees:

You have to hand it to the TADMUnistas. They put new meaning to the word DUMB! And why is that? It’s because they claim that the whole world copies them, when in fact, they have copied the whole world. Here is a list of cheers that they have copied from other sources:

1. The old alma mater hymn “Hail, Ateneo, Hail!” (words modified and music stolen from "The Fordham Ram" of Fordham University)
    2. The Ateneo Cadet Corps March (to the tune of the United States Field Artillery March)
    3. The Ateneo Victory Song (also known as "Roll Out the Victory", to the tune of the Battle Hymn of the Republic)
    4. A Song for Mary (music copied and stolen from "O Canada”)

And to further shoot themselves in the foot, TADMU alumnus Rudy Allaybayan wrote an article entitled “Animo Ateneo: It’s Our Cheer”. How gay can a TADMUnista be? Animo is a word that has been around forever. What about the Duke Blue Devils? Did they copy TADMU because they used the word blue? What about the Boston College Eagles? Did they copy TADMU because they used the word eagle?

But wait, it gets better. Here is the cherry on top of the sundae. TADMU’s gay benefactor and alumnus MVP plagiarized speeches by JK Rowling and Barack Obama during his commencement speech at the March 27, 2010 TADMU graduation ceremony! Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Only in the Philippines, folks. Even better: only by TADMUnistas.

• I_am_SheerylI_am_Sheeryl 🏹 Archer Squad🥉
    thread to ng mga Lasallians and La Salle supporters pero yung mga makuda dito mga tadmu turds.  =)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file