ANO itong Bagong KAGAMITAN MO NGAYON?

art727art727 Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
   Ako may biniling..top load (Rack) ng SUV dahil bagong labas at nagandahan ako..yun lang naman...

Comments

• Kent_210Kent_210 Member PEx Guru 🎖️🎖️
    Hoping to get my electricity bill reduced this summer. Last year, our bill went up to as much as $400 per month . I suspected that our west facing windows are the culprit. So I redesign it and add a curtain rod on top of the drapes. Then I bought thermal insulated curtain to further block the sun from coming in. That was a less than $100 fix.

I was thinking of tinting my windows but installing the tint is not worth the amount of time. And the effectiveness is questionable. 

Replacing to my window glass to multiple pane thermal glass would cost me an arm and leg. 
  • Juan Plus OneJuan Plus One Pexer of the Year! PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Kent_210 said:
    Hoping to get my electricity bill reduced this summer. Last year, our bill went up to as much as $400 per month . I suspected that our west facing windows are the culprit. So I redesign it and add a curtain rod on top of the drapes. Then I bought thermal insulated curtain to further block the sun from coming in. That was a less than $100 fix.

I was thinking of tinting my windows but installing the tint is not worth the amount of time. And the effectiveness is questionable. 

Replacing to my window glass to multiple pane thermal glass would cost me an arm and leg. 
    The most I paid was $200 during summer months in Texas.

House was purchased with double pane windows with solar screens. I added thermal curtains and two solar powered attic vents. 

I installed window AC in the master bedroom which was set to 70 at night [this is the only room that we used anyway after 10pm].  Central AC was set to 78 overnight.
  • blue_tracerblue_tracer soundscapes PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    You can reduce the heat coming from the west by using insulated glass panes with low-e coating (low emissivity) and sun shades (if you don't mind its presence). A bit expensive but may reduce your electric bill in the long run. Drapes at the interior have very minimal benefits. So with tints. 
  • pong_padourpong_padour Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    art727 said:
       Ako may biniling..top load (Rack) ng SUV dahil bagong labas at nagandahan ako..yun lang naman...
    Nice. Planning to buy a new SUV too.

Ont:

Blue Maserati ;)
    Kent_210 said:

The most I paid was $200 during summer months in Texas.

House was purchased with double pane windows with solar screens. I added thermal curtains and two solar powered attic vents. 

I installed window AC in the master bedroom which was set to 70 at night [this is the only room that we used anyway after 10pm].  Central AC was set to 78 overnight.
    Oh, we have 4-5 months of above 100'F :lol:
    You can reduce the heat coming from the west by using insulated glass panes with low-e coating (low emissivity) and sun shades (if you don't mind its presence). A bit expensive but may reduce your electric bill in the long run. Drapes at the interior have very minimal benefits. So with tints. 
    I bought an old house and replacing to dual pane insulated glass would also mean I have to replace my window rail. But yeah, it's worth the investment. 
  • art727art727 Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Kent!, bumili ka ng exhaust fan na nakakabit sa rooftop ng mo umiikot iyan palagi at hinihigop ang mainit na hangin sa loob ngn iyong ceiling, hangin ang nagpapaikot non at walang gastos sa elektrisidad..O kaya magpalagay ka ng ceiling fan..laking tipid sa aircon..Lalo na diyan sa Arizona, parang California din ang weather,,disyerto nga lamang diyan..
    art727 said:
    Kent!, bumili ka ng exhaust fan na nakakabit sa rooftop ng mo umiikot iyan palagi at hinihigop ang mainit na hangin sa loob ngn iyong ceiling, hangin ang nagpapaikot non at walang gastos sa elektrisidad..O kaya magpalagay ka ng ceiling fan..laking tipid sa aircon..Lalo na diyan sa Arizona, parang California din ang weather,,disyerto nga lamang diyan..
    Whole house fan.

It works by pulling in cooler air from the outside of your home thru your open windows and blowing it out thru your roof vent. But if it's 100F + outside, it's not that effective as you're pulling in warm air.  
  • art727art727 Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    art727 said:
    Whole house fan.

It works by pulling in cooler air from the outside of your home thru your open windows and blowing it out thru your roof vent. But if it's 100F + outside, it's not that effective as you're pulling in warm air.  
    Aaaaahhh!, ganon pala yuun!, anyway malaking tulong pampaliit ng kunsomo sa kuryente, thanks Juan for extra info..
    Kent_210 said:
    I bought an old house and replacing to dual pane insulated glass would also mean I have to replace my window rail. But yeah, it's worth the investment. 
    You also have to consider what type of insulation were used on the walls, roof, attic, etc.  Are they up to code at least?

Check also for air leaking into your home.
    ^The house is up to code. And yes, I'm also thinking of the solar panel exhaust fan.  

And even my heater, I don;t undertand why Americans still uses the conventional tank heater when a solar heater technology is not new. But yeah, it look awful on your roof.

• michael_devmichael_dev PExer
    edited June 12
    3 inch king shocks lift kit
    Picture not showing

Just ordered  this set
    To lift my 2019 trd off road truck
  • ermonskiermonski I PITY THE FOOL!!! PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    an Epiphone Les Paul Standard with white bindings, pickup rings and pickguards.

Gorgeous instrument.
    edited June 12
    Bumili ako ng chop knife. 

Gorgeous knife!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file