Home PEx Lifestyle Food and Drinks
Join our PEx Olympics Quiz Night and win GCash prizes! 🏅

Eating out on weight-loss diet

I'm avoiding oil (fried stuff), mayonnaise, cream, sugar, fat... (oh what else?) What good stuff is there to eat out?

Comments

• IraIra PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Stick with fish (the ones with white meat lang!), diet drinks, salads (non-cream based dressing), grilled chicken, seafood. No-no's are red meat, anything creamy, fried stuff, and dessert. Or try to eat high-fiber food at home prior to eating out, like maybe an apple.
  • same as Ira, stick with fish...should be broiled or steamed and a lot of vegetables..NO DRESSING! if you are going to put a dressing, always stick to vinaigrette. And grilled chicken breast is always a sure bet. Basta nothing creamy nor fried...and nothing swimming in butter!!! and dont ever ever deprive yourself....wag naman everyday yung diet...like for one day a week, eat whatever you want. That way you dont feel like nakaka awa ka :) happy dieting!!
  • thanks... I find it's true that Filipino restos are not friendly to people trying to cut down... anyway I also find that "fine dining" is OK, but if you're forced to subsist on fast food... ugh!
  • IraIra PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Stay away from Burger King's fish fillet sandwich, though. I used to order it all the time, until I learned that it has more calories than their beef burgers. Whoa!
  • Agree with Ira better to stick to fish (broiled or steamed), or if you must have something heavier, chicken that is steamed (as in Hainanese) or broiled. NO SKIN! ;)

No creamy stuff. As in pasta dishes, stick to either tomato based or at most, with olive oil, garlic and chili.

For dessert, stick to fresh fruits.

Another tip: watch your servings. And don't mix carbo with meat. Pair off your protein source with veggie instead.
  • mparaz said:
    I'm avoiding oil (fried stuff), mayonnaise, cream, sugar, fat... (oh what else?) What good stuff is there to eat out?
    Always choose roasted, grilled, and steamed meats over fried. 😊 Eat lots of green veggies instead of rice. Pick oil or tomato based pasta over cream based. And stick to only fruits for dessert. Also, water lang for drinks. 😊
  • It's a good idea to cut down on food that contain unhealthy calories. But if this is not enough, you can use some organic capsules that are good for digestion and weight loss.
  • coccomomoacoccomomoa PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Ira said:
    Stay away from Burger King's fish fillet sandwich, though. I used to order it all the time, until I learned that it has more calories than their beef burgers. Whoa!
    Tlaga?  Naku ok :)