GOOD DAY PEXERS!

If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us an email at [email protected]

Thanks,
PExer99

Should I let go?

Tuko28Tuko28 Member PEx Rookie ⭐
Would you choose to keep a marriage that is one way and not consummated or move on to a new relationship that jives and bonds?

Answers

• freakster2k1freakster2k1 Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    marriage is the apex of relationships.  to give up a marriage you need to understand the complexity of not only your feelings, but your partners feelings.  Your family and her family, as well as your friends.   So, it will be best to take time off from each other, and see if the itch to leave out weights everything

• jazzpherboyjazzpherboy Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    One way relationship can be explained in a very simple way. It's like driving in a one way road hoping there is a u-turn in the end. What if there is none? What if there is, but you already ran out of gas to turn around? Palagi natin naririnig na it takes two to tango, pareho lang din yan sa marriage, hindi matatawag na marriage yan kung nag-iisa ka lang.
  • Tuko28Tuko28 Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    Thanks Bros for your input.

@freak: Sadly, our family was the main reason why we got married. I guess my hands are tied now. 

@jazz: I was actually kinda hoping to have that two-way kind of relationship you mentioned.Imagine being married to a woman for 5 years and  has almost zero physical contact, no memories to treasure, no meaningful convo, etc. But trust me, I have tried and did my part but wasn't reciprocated. Also, going back to the main reason, aside from love, why two people get married is to pro-create yeah?

• freakster2k1freakster2k1 Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Tuko,

The burden of any decision is yours to carry but most important it is your decision  
  • jazzpherboyjazzpherboy Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    @Tuko28

I guess I understand clearly what you are going through right now. I am a part of a one-way relationship, and you're absolutely right, no happy memories whatsoever. Parental din ang parents ko, so I witnessed almost 40 years of hell (my mom passed away last year) of them being together. I have no happy memories growing up, kaming magkakapatid kasi lagi silang nag-aaway. Kaya nga siguro ako masaya na single pa hanggang ngayon dahil wala akong naranasan na masayang panahon sa pagsasama ng mga magulang ko.

Sa panahon ngayon, bihira na ang nagpapakasal dahil lang sa gustong magka-anak or to pro-create. Uso na ang single parenting. Marami na sa mga susunod na generation ang di alam ang salitang pamilya dahil iisang magulang lang ang kinalakihan nila.
  • You must take care of your happiness! I constantly repeat to everyone that it is unnecessary to endure a relationship with an unloved person or if you love a person and she does not love you. You deserve to be happy.
    @Sharani36 Thank you for your thoughts. Apparently, it is not so easy to do. Me and my wife are legally married. I checked with a friend who happen to be lawyer and she said it's going to be bloody if I ever decided to go through annulment. Main battle would be finding a ground/ grounds for annulment which is really few. These are the possible grounds.

• lack of parental consent (if either party is at least 18 but below 21 years old)
    • psychological incapacity
    • fraud
    • consent for marriage obtained by force, intimidation, or undue influence
    • impotence / physical incapability of consummating the marriage
    • serious sexually transmitted disease
    Well, I can't use any of these.. I guess my only hope is when and if ever divorce will be made available in our country.. Which is a far cry.
    jazzpherboy Sorry to hear about your mom bro and your situation too. Well I guess some people are just lucky and some have to go through dilemma like ours.

freakster2k1 I agree.. Forced or not.. Still my decision.. If only I got the courage to say no to my parents.. Now this is my prize. 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file