COMMUNITY NOTICE: Please send your reports, concerns and other inquiries to admin "pexer99". This account will handle all community functions for PinoyExchange. You can also email us at [email protected] For category related concerns, you can also send a message to one of our moderators. Check the updated list of moderators here.

UAAP Season 81 Women's Volleyball - Main Thread

Comments

• vicmesarvicmesar Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    DarkRhed said:
    So kung RATIONALE ang paiiralin  ng Board di na sana nila inilabas 2, 
    That rule is against the PURPOSE, RATIONALE and OBJECTIVE of the UAAP
    and therefore could be argued as INVALID
    Strictly speaking, the rule could be challenge in court
    The RATIONALE is the FRAMEWORK, the GUIDING PRINCIPLE in formulating the rules
  • inghinyeroinghinyero Member ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    ^Yup. Tas syempre hinasa yan ni CRDJ.
    vicmesar said:
    DarkRhed said:
    Gano ba katagal bago to mapawalang-bisa sa korte? 
    For sure, pwedeng magTRO rin ang La Salle?
    vicmesar said:
    DarkRhed said:
    Gano ba katagal bago to mapawalang-bisa sa korte? 
    For sure, pwedeng magTRO rin ang La Salle?
    you can get a TRO within a week or two
  • lightning95lightning95 Member ✭✭✭
    dobby58 said:
    dobby58 said:
    Wow ha. Kapal naman ng mga pagmumukha ng mga bobitang FEU fans na to. Si EJ talaga pinersonalan nyo dito sa thread na to?

Baka gusto nyo din isa-isahin din namin yung mga FEU players? Unahin ko na ba yung pagmumukha ni Negrito? O di kaya yang si Guino-o? O yang pagkatao ni Domingo?

Nasan na ba ang mga mods dito? Baket tinotolerate tong mga basurang taga-Morayta? 
    You should stop generalizing fans of any team, baka ikaw ang ma-ban sa lagay na ‘yan. Also, which part was EJ attacked personally? By asking her if she’s undergone C-Section? She never answered the rumors about pregnancy, that’s why a lot are curious about it (and somehow that’s what happens when you keep quiet about it). I myself is curious about it too (if she actually was pregnant or not). Wag masyadong sensitive.

I suggest isa-isahin mo na ang mga FEU players para gumaan na ang feelings mo like TM. What’s wrong with Negrito’s face? What about Guino-o? It’s not like they use physical appearance points to play volleyball. Your star player is the living proof that face doesn’t matter, right? Now, you made me curious about Domingo. What about her personality? Was it the reason for her transfer from UE? Sabi niya, it was her parents’ decision, but we don’t know, that’s just what she said. 

Based on your posts, it seems that UST has more garbage than Morayta though. Morayta only has passersby nowadays.

dobby58 said:
    29 championships tapos wala namang current player which can be called the best in her position. Yung ibibida nila for sure eh lipas na. Kakatawa! Those 29 championships are all in the past now, in fact, prehistoric na ata. Wag ilusyunada.
    This is funny. Who even identifies the best. It’s not like fans like you identify them. Can you help me with that, and I’ll return the question to you. Which current UST player can be identified as the best in her position? Sadly, fans can only claim, and writers can only commend.
    But since you challenged me in a way, I’ll try my best.

Celine Domingo - UAAP S81 Best Blocker, PVL CC 13 1st Best Middle Blocker
    Jeannette Villareal - PVL CC 12 1st Best Middle Blocker
    Toni Rose Basas - PVL CC 12 Best Opposite Spiker

I’m not saying that they’re the best, but atleast they once were.

Special mentions:
    “Three of the best opposite spikers of their generation saw little to no court action last year due to injuries.
    Chin Basas, MJ Phillips and Jovelyn Gonzaga were sidelined for the most part of 2018 as they nursed separate injuries which did not only kept them from seeing ample court time but also hindered them from joining the national team.” (Who are the top PH Opposite Hitters of 2018, Fox Sports Philippines)

3. Buding Duremdes, FEU

Far Eastern University’s Buding Duremdes appeared in not just one but four championship series last year, proving she deserves a slot in this list.

Like Lazaro, Duremdes didn’t get any individual accolade. But that shouldn’t be a measure of her skills as her silent yet effective style of play helped FEU reached two Finals stint while fueling Petron in its successful campaigns in the PSL.” (Who’s PH’s best libero 2018, Fox Sports Philippines)

Regarding these championships, well what do you with championships? You celebrate them, then you count them! That’s where pride starts. Be it prehistoric or not, it’s counted. But don’t worry, your team is still the second best in terms of total championships. We’ll probably get our next one after a long time, but let’s see. 

Which part was EJ attacked personally, you asked? What do you call when someone keeps bringing issues that affects a player's personal reputation (i.e., buntis issue)? Di ba personal attack yun? Or hindi ka lang nakakaintindi and mentally unstable tulad nung co-fan mo dito?
    With the way you express your statements, you're not any different from our " mentally unstable co-fan".  Mas malalim lang siguro ung vocabulary mo pero halos pareho lang kayo. Trollish, immature and downright offensive. 
  • dugongberdedugongberde Member ✭✭✭
    vicmesar said:
    DarkRhed said:
    I wonder why Troy Rike was allowed to play if that rule is against uaap RATIONALE. The only difference between him and clemente is their school origin.
  • einnod888einnod888 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 6
    I admire how coach rdj anticipated and planned the departure of dy and baron. Well, the tactician that he is, the opportunity of recruiting morente and clemente came was a great idea, a transition year while waiting for their prized recruits in S82. 

Their experience will greatly help DLSU and just let them play if they are really eligible.  
  • AriaGMAriaGM Encantado PEx Moderator
    einnod888 said:
    I admire how coach rdj anticipated and planned the departure of dy and baron. Well, the tactician that he is, the opportunity of recruiting morente and clemente came was a great idea, a transition year while waiting for their prized recruits in S82. 

Their experience will greatly help DLSU and just let them play if they are really eligible.  
    In lieu with this, who are DLSU prized recruits next season aside from Gagate?
  • I_am_SheerylI_am_Sheeryl Member ✭✭✭✭
    Sumagot na sa dm ko si Clemente 4 yrs lang daw sya naglaro sa NCAA and yung former PSL team nya na Amy's kitchen ay school team din yun like UP-UAI, UE-Cherrylume & Victoria-UST.
    vicmesar said:
    DarkRhed said:
    I wonder why Troy Rike was allowed to play if that rule is against uaap RATIONALE. The only difference between him and clemente is their school origin.
    allowing troy rike to play does NOT make or change the fact that such rule/policy is ARGUABLE against the RATIONALE of UAAP.

Very flexible ang rules ng UAAP to the point it is disturbing already (ex. Mbala: umalis kasi di sure ang rules).  Every year na lang IBA.... I am for DYNAMISM but it must be CONSISTENT to the RATIONALE/PURPOSE/OBJECTIVE of the UAAP... Troy Rike and Clemente, for me, are basically IMPORTS  whose talents/skills were not developed by the school program...

Analogy: Kung baga sa ULAM, binili sa labas yung ulam, hindi niluto sa bahay. Kung cooking contest naman, other contestants (UAAP schools) dinala nila lahat RAW MEAT, VEGGIE, FISH etc... and lulutuin ACTUALLY ng contestant in front of us (skills to developed by the school).  Ang ginawa ng La Salle (Clemente) and NU (Rike), dinala na lang nila LUTO NA yung ulam,  kakainin na lang... 

Last decade, La Salle was always PLAYING TOYING/MAXIMIZING with the UAAP Rules, culminating to its disqualification for a year and forfeiture of Basketball Crown;

This decade, La Salle is being joined by NU.

WHAT IS MY POINT?

EVERY MOVE OF UAAP SCHOOL MUST BE REFLECTIVE OF THE SCHOOL'S SPORTS PROGRAM - its development, e.g., harnessing the amateur skills of their COLLEGE students. Why college? because UAAP is a college league. In law (classified as graduate studies), we have CONFLICTS OF LAW, sports contest yan among law schools. Ang alam ko meron din sa Medicine nya.

vicmesar said:
    vicmesar said:
    DarkRhed said:
    allowing troy rike to play does NOT make or change the fact that such rule/policy is ARGUABLE against the RATIONALE of UAAP.

Very flexible ang rules ng UAAP to the point it is disturbing already (ex. Mbala: umalis kasi di sure ang rules).  Every year na lang IBA.... I am for DYNAMISM but it must be CONSISTENT to the RATIONALE/PURPOSE/OBJECTIVE of the UAAP... Troy Rike and Clemente, for me, are basically IMPORTS  whose talents/skills were not developed by the school program...

Analogy: Kung baga sa ULAM, binili sa labas yung ulam, hindi niluto sa bahay. Kung cooking contest naman, other contestants (UAAP schools) dinala nila lahat RAW MEAT, VEGGIE, FISH etc... and lulutuin ACTUALLY ng contestant in front of us (skills to developed by the school).  Ang ginawa ng La Salle (Clemente) and NU (Rike), dinala na lang nila LUTO NA yung ulam,  kakainin na lang... 

Last decade, La Salle was always PLAYING TOYING/MAXIMIZING with the UAAP Rules, culminating to its disqualification for a year and forfeiture of Basketball Crown;

WHAT IS MY POINT?

EVERY MOVE OF UAAP SCHOOL MUST BE REFLECTIVE OF THE SCHOOL'S SPORTS PROGRAM - its development, e.g., harnessing the amateur skills of their COLLEGE students. Why college? because UAAP is a college league. In law (classified as graduate studies), we have CONFLICTS OF LAW, sports contest yan among law schools. Ang alam ko meron din sa Medicine nya.

If we are to highlight that UAAP SCHOOL MUST BE REFLECTIVE OF THE SCHOOL's SPORTS PROGRAM included din ba dito ang mga transferees from one UAAP school to another?  Then if we are really to extend this and be hardcore pati coaches damay since they are part of the program.  So it's unfair to say that La Salle initiated this culture and we are the culprit of such practice.
    vicmesar said:
    vicmesar said:
    DarkRhed said:

WHAT IS MY POINT?

Tbh, I also don't get it. So, dapat barred si Dacoron dahil she's in PhD now? The whole point of UAAP is simple - if you have students who can play, hindi naman kelangang college/undergrad lang sila. It is an inter-UNIVERSITY league. And universities have masters and doctorate students. Why not let them join? Di naman nila kasalanan na the better masters options are in the UAAP?
  • vino0225vino0225 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 7
    vicmesar said:
    vicmesar said:
    DarkRhed said:

WHAT IS MY POINT?

Tbh, I also don't get it. So, dapat barred si Dacoron dahil she's in PhD now? The whole point of UAAP is simple - if you have students who can play, hindi naman kelangang college/undergrad lang sila. It is an inter-UNIVERSITY league. And universities have masters and doctorate students. Why not let them join? Di naman nila kasalanan na the better masters options are in the UAAP?
    Age limit is one of the criteria kaya I think acceptable nmn sya. They have never been a professional player to be considered as imports. Yes basically it is also the same with other players who jumped to other schools during their UAAP career. And still, they need to adapt to their new team. 

if UAAP is EVOLVING.... then, they must REVISE their STATEMENT OF MISSION, and be CATEGORICAL that it is up to post graduates. Hence, even LAW and MEDICINE students can join.

As of now, it is a sports program for UNDERGRADUATE SCHOOLS or at the very least that's what the public knew from the very start. If it is evolving, FINE... BUT, must amend its Statement of Mission 

"If we are to highlight that UAAP SCHOOL MUST BE REFLECTIVE OF THE SCHOOL's SPORTS PROGRAM included din ba dito ang mga transferees from one UAAP school to another?  Then if we are really to extend this and be hardcore pati coaches damay since they are part of the program.  So it's unfair to say that La Salle initiated this culture and we are the culprit of such practice."
    ======
    La Salle's CREATIVE attempt to maximize the Rules is something COMMENDABLE, it, in fact, resulted to dynamism of the UAAP. What is wrong is that, the UAAP Board tend to POLITICIZE the Rules (kampi kampi system ng schools) FORGETING  all along the BASIC Mission or Objective of the UAAP.

If UAAP is EVOLVING, be it... but amend the STATEMENT OF MISSION.. para malinaw at fair ang labanan. The situation now is: some schools will try to push the limit of the present Rules, pag submit sa voting, kampihan na ... even such proposed rule is in conflict with the RATIONALE of the UAAP.
  • chechelaruechechelarue semen galore! ✭✭
    edited January 7
    dobby58 said:
    dobby58 said:
    Wow ha. Kapal naman ng mga pagmumukha ng mga bobitang FEU fans na to. Si EJ talaga pinersonalan nyo dito sa thread na to?

Baka gusto nyo din isa-isahin din namin yung mga FEU players? Unahin ko na ba yung pagmumukha ni Negrito? O di kaya yang si Guino-o? O yang pagkatao ni Domingo?

Nasan na ba ang mga mods dito? Baket tinotolerate tong mga basurang taga-Morayta? 
    You should stop generalizing fans of any team, baka ikaw ang ma-ban sa lagay na ‘yan. Also, which part was EJ attacked personally? By asking her if she’s undergone C-Section? She never answered the rumors about pregnancy, that’s why a lot are curious about it (and somehow that’s what happens when you keep quiet about it). I myself is curious about it too (if she actually was pregnant or not). Wag masyadong sensitive.

I suggest isa-isahin mo na ang mga FEU players para gumaan na ang feelings mo like TM. What’s wrong with Negrito’s face? What about Guino-o? It’s not like they use physical appearance points to play volleyball. Your star player is the living proof that face doesn’t matter, right? Now, you made me curious about Domingo. What about her personality? Was it the reason for her transfer from UE? Sabi niya, it was her parents’ decision, but we don’t know, that’s just what she said. 

Based on your posts, it seems that UST has more garbage than Morayta though. Morayta only has passersby nowadays.

dobby58 said:
    29 championships tapos wala namang current player which can be called the best in her position. Yung ibibida nila for sure eh lipas na. Kakatawa! Those 29 championships are all in the past now, in fact, prehistoric na ata. Wag ilusyunada.
    This is funny. Who even identifies the best. It’s not like fans like you identify them. Can you help me with that, and I’ll return the question to you. Which current UST player can be identified as the best in her position? Sadly, fans can only claim, and writers can only commend.
    But since you challenged me in a way, I’ll try my best.

Celine Domingo - UAAP S81 Best Blocker, PVL CC 13 1st Best Middle Blocker
    Jeannette Villareal - PVL CC 12 1st Best Middle Blocker
    Toni Rose Basas - PVL CC 12 Best Opposite Spiker

I’m not saying that they’re the best, but atleast they once were.

Special mentions:
    “Three of the best opposite spikers of their generation saw little to no court action last year due to injuries.
    Chin Basas, MJ Phillips and Jovelyn Gonzaga were sidelined for the most part of 2018 as they nursed separate injuries which did not only kept them from seeing ample court time but also hindered them from joining the national team.” (Who are the top PH Opposite Hitters of 2018, Fox Sports Philippines)

3. Buding Duremdes, FEU

Far Eastern University’s Buding Duremdes appeared in not just one but four championship series last year, proving she deserves a slot in this list.

Like Lazaro, Duremdes didn’t get any individual accolade. But that shouldn’t be a measure of her skills as her silent yet effective style of play helped FEU reached two Finals stint while fueling Petron in its successful campaigns in the PSL.” (Who’s PH’s best libero 2018, Fox Sports Philippines)

Regarding these championships, well what do you with championships? You celebrate them, then you count them! That’s where pride starts. Be it prehistoric or not, it’s counted. But don’t worry, your team is still the second best in terms of total championships. We’ll probably get our next one after a long time, but let’s see. 

Which part was EJ attacked personally, you asked? What do you call when someone keeps bringing issues that affects a player's personal reputation (i.e., buntis issue)? Di ba personal attack yun? Or hindi ka lang nakakaintindi and mentally unstable tulad nung co-fan mo dito?
    Kaya naman laging lumalabas ang issue kasi ayaw tuldukan ng taong involved. The question is answerable by yes or no pero walang sagot. If that is shoulder injury dapat magaling na yan by this time if she underwent surgery. 

This buntis issue of EJ was also featured in fashionpulis.com. Some commenters say may mga nakakita sa kanya sa bahay ni Bugoy but still walang clear evidence so speculation pa rin. 

Again, madali lang naman sabihin kung totoo o hindi pero hindi nya magawa or ng camp nyan (kung meron man statement the fans should also help in spreading it because we may have missed it). 

But I will play the devil's advocate, if kung totoo nga na nabuntis sya hindi naman dapat ikahiya or itago. Siguro dahil 13 or 14 pa lang si Bugoy nung nangyari yon and she's already considered as an adult kaya there are "legal" precautions. Eto ay kung totoo lang naman. Baka may manakot na naman na kakasuhan ako sa NBI spreading rumors eh hindi naman sakin nag umpisa ang chismis. lol!
    edited January 7
    Hala @vicmesar from kkd's "pagalingan na lang" to "kampi kampihan". Ito na kaya ang tagline for s81?!  Hihihi
  • superegosuperego Member ✭✭✭✭
    I don’t know what the exact ‘Mission/Vision’ of the UAAP but to quote @vicmesar
    “to develop amateur athletes, to gauge and develop the school's sports program and development.”

i don’t think the rules are going against the statement above. development of an athlete naman ang mission - whether an athlete came from another sports program or is fresh out of high school, a UAAP school will aim to develop that. 

imagine ang dami nilang nasa UAAP board, which I am sure are smart people, and no one highlighted that the rules pala are in conflict with the “rationale”? LOL. That will blow my mind if after all these years talagang di tugma ang rationale at rules. haha. 

i think what you’re trying to push for is more of having “homegrown” players which is nice naman. I only disagree with your statement that the rules are in conflict with the rationale but i get where you’re coming from. 
  • I_am_SheerylI_am_Sheeryl Member ✭✭✭✭
    Pagalingan nalang talaga saka may deliberation pa naman noh dun kayo magreklamo. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file