COMMUNITY NOTICE: Please send your reports, concerns and other inquiries to admin "pexer99". This account will handle all community functions for PinoyExchange. You can also email us at [email protected] For category related concerns, you can also send a message to one of our moderators. Check the updated list of moderators here.

UAAP Season 81 Women's Volleyball - Main Thread

Comments

• kamuterepublickamuterepublic Member ✭✭✭✭
    for sure, hindi makakaisa ang FEU sa ADU. 2-12 ang record ng FEU nyan dahil may nabuntis. 
  • kamuterepublickamuterepublic Member ✭✭✭✭
    flora > guinoo
    permentilla > malabanan
    igai > negrito
    dacoron > carandang
    ponce = buding
    macaslang > villareal
  • damn_ilookgooddamn_ilookgood Member Volleyball Vanguard
    DLSU (At most Rank 1, at least Rank 2)
    OHs: Cheng Tiamzon
    MBs: Ogunsanya Clemente
    OPP: Morente
    SET: Cobb
    LIB: Saga
    Despite the departure of Macandili, expect this team's reception to remain solid with the entry of a receiving OPP (Morente). Tiamzon is underrated in this forum, but she was at par with Molde in both attacking and receiving last season. This team will be in system most of the time, and their success will depend on how Cobb, a technical setter, will operate the middles. Backup SET/OPP may be too raw for CRDJ to field a double sub.

UP (At most Rank 1, at least Rank 4)
    OHs: Molde Magsarile/Rosier
    MBs: Gannaban Layug
    OPP: Carlos (Buitre)
    SET: Estranero (Sotomil)
    LIB: Altomea
    They have all the tools - from pool depth (Buitre/Sotomil double sub can be potent) and offense arsenal (especially the MBs) to grit (PVL/PSL champs) and coaching - to get to #1 but their reception is currently holding them back. Although they have better terminators than DLSU, winning despite poor first ball is simply not sustainable. Success will depend on how stable rookie Altomea (or the designated receiving LIB) will be.

UST (At most Rank 3, at least Rank 5)
    OHs: Rondina Alessandrini
    MBs: Francisco Viray
    OPP: Laure (Pacres)
    SET: Bicar (Mangulabnan/Galanza)
    LIB: Depende sa mood ni Kung Fu
    The team with the best terminators. Setter can simply go lep layt lep layt and UST will rack up points. But when the ball is on the other side of the court, UST will have major issues. Floor defense is largely dependent on how well the net defense has eliminated possible ball trajectories, and Rondina and Alessandrini (despite being two of the best floor defenders in the league) will have a difficult time manning the backrow with two offensive--minded MBs. Team can slip down to #5 depending on the severity of CKF's kamot keps adjustments.

ADMU (At most Rank 2, at least Rank 4)
    OHs: Gaston Gandler
    MBs: Madayag de Leon
    OPP: Tolentino (Samonte)
    SET: Wong (Maraguinot)
    LIB: Ravena
    The team with the best MB duo of the decade (chekka). I guess the problem with this team is that their terminators are their middles, which can be easily neutralized with a well-executed serving strategy (which I think DLSU FEU and UP can deliver). In addition, Tolentino is not potent enough to be a go-to-girl in out-of-system plays, basing on her PVL stint. But give them a free ball and they can kill a team with Banko Perlas calibre (and go as high as #2 in this ranking). Success will largely depend on Ravena (who by the way has improved during the course of PVL).

[And may I add that I am not in support of Tolentino's move from OH to OPP simply because they lose Samonte's floor defense, but Tolentino's blocking against the OHs may be too good to pass up.]

FEU (At most Rank 3, at least Rank 5)
    OHs: Malabanan Guinoo
    MBs: Domingo Villareal
    OPP: Ebon
    SET: Negrito
    LIB: Duremdes
    FEU is like ADMU with better defense but worse offense from the wings. FEU could have easily break through this Final Four ranking if they have a terminator who can bail them out in tight situations (i.e., the position left by MVPons). Their double sub (Hernandez/Cayuna) is not working as it should (Hernandez is not a threat in both offense and net defense, two things needed in a double sub). They can sustain a rally but they can't end it, instead relying on their opponents to commit errors. What's keeping them competitive is their serving, which can potentially demolish UP UST and ADMU.
  • damn_ilookgooddamn_ilookgood Member Volleyball Vanguard
    ^ Ebon is doing a good job though, thanks to CGP. To be frank, what FEU will miss in Basas' absence is not her offense but her maturity, serves, and reception.
  • vicmesarvicmesar Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very liquid talaga this season: depende kung panalo gumalaw or mag strategize ang team
    but 
    DLSU, UST, ATENEO, UP - their "at most" rank is No.1 spot: that's how liquid.
    In other words , pag masyadong condition at spartan-like mentality ang isang team dito, sila ang top 1.
    Kung may mawawala sa 4 na ito sa F4, kapalpakan na ng coach
    lalo na kung KUNFUsing sya sa substitution ...

FEU at Adamson - the Challenger
  • vicmesarvicmesar Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    einnod888 said:
    Good decision for me. And gusto ko yung reason niyang out of respect sa mga nagtrain at sumali sa off season tourneys. Besides, this will give her 2 playing years with eya at milena while the rookies will gain enough experience this year. So UST will benefit in the long run. Hopefully.
    sana bumalik si Riri.... ang kulit ko hahaha
  • isopropyllisopropyll Member ✭✭✭
    Confirmed na ba talaga na wala si Basas this coming season? Sayang naman.
  • Pongpyang01Pongpyang01 Member ✭✭✭
    UAEguy said:
    DLSU (At most Rank 1, at least Rank 2)
    Despite the departure of Macandili, expect this team's reception to remain solid with the entry of a receiving OPP (Morente). Tiamzon is underrated in this forum, but she was at par with Molde in both attacking and receiving last season. This team will be in system most of the time, and their success will depend on how Cobb, a technical setter, will operate the middles. Backup SET/OPP may be too raw for CRDJ to field a double sub.

They have all the tools - from pool depth (Buitre/Sotomil double sub can be potent) and offense arsenal (especially the MBs) to grit (PVL/PSL champs) and coaching - to get to #1 but their reception is currently holding them back. Although they have better terminators than DLSU, winning despite poor first ball is simply not sustainable. Success will depend on how stable rookie Altomea (or the designated receiving LIB) will be.

The team with the best terminators. Setter can simply go lep layt lep layt and UST will rack up points. But when the ball is on the other side of the court, UST will have major issues. Floor defense is largely dependent on how well the net defense has eliminated possible ball trajectories, and Rondina and Alessandrini (despite being two of the best floor defenders in the league) will have a difficult time manning the backrow with two offensive--minded MBs. Team can slip down to #5 depending on the severity of CKF's kamot keps adjustments.

The team with the best MB duo of the decade (chekka). I guess the problem with this team is that their terminators are their middles, which can be easily neutralized with a well-executed serving strategy (which I think DLSU FEU and UP can deliver). In addition, Tolentino is not potent enough to be a go-to-girl in out-of-system plays, basing on her PVL stint. But give them a free ball and they can kill a team with Banko Perlas calibre (and go as high as #2 in this ranking). Success will largely depend on Ravena (who by the way has improved during the course of PVL).

[And may I add that I am not in support of Tolentino's move from OH to OPP simply because they lose Samonte's floor defense, but Tolentino's blocking against the OHs may be too good to pass up.]

FEU is like ADMU with better defense but worse offense from the wings. FEU could have easily break through this Final Four ranking if they have a terminator who can bail them out in tight situations (i.e., the position left by MVPons). Their double sub (Hernandez/Cayuna) is not working as it should (Hernandez is not a threat in both offense and net defense, two things needed in a double sub). They can sustain a rally but they can't end it, instead relying on their opponents to commit errors. What's keeping them competitive is their serving, which can potentially demolish UP UST and ADMU.
    wish lang namin maglaro si Basas pero ayon kay werq ninyo, buntis daw, hahahaha
    talaga?nabuntis din yung sister niya di ba?
  • princepaul21princepaul21 Moderator PEx Moderator
    Hindi buntis si Chin Basas. Spare her sa malicious na chismis. 
  • Pongpyang01Pongpyang01 Member ✭✭✭
    as someone not too technical about volleyball, ang nakikita kong nagiging basis ng prediction is

1.yung pagkawala ng reliable players
    2. off season tournaments
    3. coach
    4. (ayoko i mention to but) number of titles, 
    5. (another one na hindi ako komportable i mention) yung nagpi predict being a fan 

with a silver lining, i am happy that this time the tournament is more competitive already na di na yung tipo 2-4 schools ang nakikita. Medyo rambulan na talaga ngayun. and because i see the tournament with a silver lining, hindi ako mag rarank, instead ay memention ko kung ano yung panlaban ng teams to make their way to the top.

admu - mbs, height, libero issue that has ‘kind of’ getting resolved by ravena’s experience

adu - ponce, soyud, dacoron, coach air, FD

dlsu - crdj, morente, cheng, and isang baraha -an emerging player like kkd and cheng had been

feu - pascua, dominggo, buding, a momentum from last year’s result

nu - hoping to see nabor play, and its exciting to watch a young team(admu fab5,up’s deadly trio) na kayang tumatak

ue -  ARADO. i would like to think that arado is UE’s Valdez and that the new coach can do something like what ct did on his first year

up - from cjy’s ‘basic plays’ lang muna to the combis nila ngayon

ust - hoping to see ej laure, pag naglaro si ej, it will give ust not only 3 but 4 deadly open hitters

i’m predicting for medical use but not so for recreation because if people were to argue, bakit pa na open ang thread na to?

cheers

• parang b0ba po si uaeguy stinalk ko po si werq pero wala siyang minention na buntis si basas. san po galing yun?
  • DLSU (At most Rank 1, at least Rank 2)

Nakikipag tune up games na ang dlsu lady spikers sa mens team sa baguio since yesterday. Pero di starter si Tiamzon. Ang starter nila Luna.Cheng.Dela Cruz,Aduke, Clemente, Cobb.. sub palagi sa middle Ancheta, sub setter Alba. Sub si Morente kay Dela Cruz... laban nila sa UC Boys kahapon umabot ng 5th sets.. libero nila galing sa NU..  
  • Katatapos lang ng tune up games ng dlsu sa University ofBaguio Mens team. Talo ulet sila pero dikit lang laban. Hehehe
  • Hindi buntis si Chin Basas. Spare her sa malicious na chismis. 

Sabi naman ng source ko under theraphy pa din si Basas.. 

Nagawan din ata ng paraan yung grades ni Malabanan. 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file