Viva Films: THE TRIGONAL

kyupaybkyupayb Objective Threadstarter PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
edited September 2018 in Showbiz - Movies
PH film out to conquer int’l market next year 0
BY RICKY CALDERON ON JUNE 30, 2017 ENTERTAINMENT
Tweet

RICKY CALDERON

Actor-director-writer and martial arts champion Vincent Soberano has announced the filming of “Fight for Justice,” which has its eyes set on the international market in 2018. According to the multi-hyphenate, the movie will be the Philippines’ answer to Thailand’s “Ong Bak” and Indonesia’s “Raid: Redemption.”

Fight for Justice is the story of small town martial arts champion Jacob Casa who infiltrates an international drug syndicate’s underground fighting circuit called “The Trigonal.” He does so after his wife was brutally assaulted and his best friend murdered by the drug lord’s henchmen.

The film features a lesser known but extremely effective Filipino martial arts system that originates from the island of Negros. Called Tapado, this fighting method had been kept secret until now by practitioners fortunate enough to be taught by its masters.

Starring Monsour del Rosario, Ian Ignacio, Levi Ignacio and Soberano himself, the movie also brings in international action stars such as Sarah Chang from China, Paul Allica from Australia, and China’s top UFC contender, Jingliang aka “The Leech” in his debut acting role.

A full-throttle, high-intensity action film that gathers all the elements of Hollywood action films, the movie presents incredible action cinematography and audio-visual compositions by Japanese cinematographer, Takeyuki Onishi, who directed the photography of “Blood Hunters.”

Line-produced by industry veteran, Elaine Lozano, with set design by award-winning production designer Fritz Solorio, Fight For Justice is poised to be an indie blockbuster worldwide, setting the bar for local action films.

Principal photography will commence between July and September in Negros, with various picturesque locations such as Bacolod City and Lakawon Island. Executive producers are Jessie Efeno, Tony Aguirre of Piaya Network, and Oli Laperal of RS Video and Film Productions.

Comments

• kyupaybkyupayb Objective Threadstarter PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Talking about Tapado

'The moves are way faster, as in really fast. And also, Tapadistas use a single stick not two, and it’s longer.'
    SHARES
    Share it!
    By: NR Ramos
    Published July 4, 2017, 12:15 AM
    Not heard of Tapado? You are not alone.

vincent-soberano.jpg
    Vincent Soberano

The Filipino martial art system was kept secret by its practitioners, the Tapadistas, believing that by doing so their enemies won’t be able to put up a defense.

But that was before. They have since relaxed their stand on the matter, allowing mixed martial artist-turned film writer-director-producer Vincent Soberano to display the art in full glory in his new project “Fight For Justice.”

Prior, Soberano gained notice for his action-packed epics “Blood Hunters” and “On The Brink: Uncharted Waters.”

“‘Fight For Justice’ is different compared to my past efforts,” he said in an interview. “This one has lots of drama inasmuch as it also has tons of fight scenes using mostly Filipino martial arts.”

Back to roots

Asked why he picked to highlight Tapado for his new film, Vincent said, “It is my way of paying homage to my roots. I’m from Negros, the birthplace of Tapado.”

Apparently, Tapado was invented by a Taloc, Bago City, Negros Occidental native, the late Grandmaster Romeo “Nono” Mamar.

“It is among the first martial arts systems I studied and observed growing up,” Vincent revealed.

The Muay Thai master described Tapado as similar to arnis or escrima in that it also makes use of a stick.

“But the moves are way faster, as in really fast. And also, Tapadistas use a single stick not two, and it’s longer.”

Traditionally, Tapado sticks are made of sturdy coffee stalk about 45-47 inches long. It is held two-handed, very much like a sword.

“In the film we will be able to look at the many ways one can used Tapado in conjunction with other martial arts,” Vincent, who also teach and coach mix martial arts students, said.

Blood, sweat, tears

“Fight For Justice” is about small town martial arts champion Jacob Casa whose wife and best friend were attacked and mauled by a group of thugs protected by a drug lord.

Ian-Ignacio.jpg
    Ian Ignacio

Needing money to pay for their hospitalization, Jacob was forced to fight for an underground fighting syndicate whose champions use illegal drugs to become stronger, faster.

Upon learning the identity of the goons who attacked his wife and friends, Jacob took matters into his own hands.

Although he killed all the bad guys, Jacob was badly injured. He could’ve died too except for the timely intervention of a beautiful Chinese-American martial arts expert and her father.

While recovering in the care of both father and daughter, Jacob took time to learn their fighting style.

Soon after, the police came to ask Jacob to help them take down the syndicate.

Realizing he needed more than what he knows to fight the seemingly superhuman fighters of the syndicate, Jacob will seek his first martial arts teacher who will then introduce him to Tapado.

All-star cast

Vincent cast his friend, actor Ian Ignacio, as Jacob.

“Ian’s got the looks and the know-how being a martial artist himself. But more, he is an accomplished actor with ample theater and film experience,” Vincent said. “I think he alone could portray Jacob.”

Ian is thankful for the trust.

“I’m so grateful and honored,” he said. “I could only promise to give my best in this effort.”

Also part of the film is Chinese-American actress Sarah Chang.

sarah-chang.jpg
    Sarah Chang

“She is an industry veteran,” said Vince. “Like Ian, I also worked with her on ‘Blood Hunters.’ She is a good addition to the film’s team because she really knows her stuff. She will help me choreograph some of the fight scenes in ‘Fight For Justice.’”

Sarah said, “I like working with Vince ’cause he got lots of fresh ideas. I’m really excited to see what we will come up with in ‘Fight For Justice.’”

Vincent as with his good friend, actor-Taekwondo master Monsour del Rosario will play significant roles in the film.

Asked what he wants to achieve with “Fight For Justice,” Vince said, “I’m really hopeful that this film would open the eyes of many Filipinos and ignite their pride. Filipinos should realize we have lots to be proud of culturally, historically, and that we don’t have to always look to foreigners for inspiration. In terms of martial arts, we have our own, we should be proud of it.”

Produced by Jessie Efeno, Tony Aguirre and Oli Laperal, “Fight For Justice” is set for release early next year.
    Rhian finally lets go of herself
    By Maridol Ra?oa-Bismark (The Philippine Star) | Updated August 8, 2017 - 12:00am
    38 586 googleplus0 1

The Kapuso actress pronounces the doubting Rhian Ramos dead and welcomes a confident woman who fights her fears.

MANILA, Philippines - For years, no one suspected Rhian Ramos? easy smile and sunny outlook hid a not-so-pleasant secret. She was such a people pleaser she forgot to take care of herself. She wanted to make everybody happy but ended up down and out.

?I used to be the type of person who had dreams but put them off,? she admitted a day before she went on stage for the concert Rhian of Steel, which her fans, the Cyberhians, mounted for her at Teatrino for her 11th year in showbiz.

Insecurity tore her self-esteem into bits and pieces.

?I didn?t like myself when I was younger. I?d look at the mirror and was not pleased. I watched myself on TV and got annoyed with my acting. I watched my interviews and hated my personality.?

Today, at 26, the Kapuso actress pronounced the doubting Rhian dead and welcomed a confident woman who fights her fears.

She goes fast and furious on the race track, with or without her Fil-Chinese boyfriend Jason Choachuy by her side.

Entertainment ( Article MRec ), pagematch: 1, sectionmatch: 1

?I used to be scared of getting into an accident if I?d go fast (on the racetrack),? she pointed out.

But thanks to Jason, an experienced racer she first met on the racetrack, Rhian conquered her fears, zoomed across the tracks at full throttle and enjoyed it.

Now, she blocks her schedule once a month to join the Mini Cooper Race that sends her adrenaline rushing, her heart thumping.

Away from the klieg lights, Rhian is in another world, testing her limits and discovering what joy there is in a non-showbiz sport that ?keeps me grounded and offers me a slice of real life.?

She found a mentor in Jason, who taught her extra racing skills like drifting. After all, they started out as friends.

?He offered to teach me how to drift, or how to take control of an out-of-control car,? smiled Rhian.

Her first concert was also a proof of Rhian?s brimming self-confidence. Years after dismissing this kind of show ?as a joke,? Rhian finally agreed what to her was unthinkable at first.

?I sing every day ? when I go to the supermarket, shop, take a shower, or even make a sandwich. But I was always afraid and embarrassed to sing in public. I didn?t want to be laughed at by singers,? she recalled.

One day, she ?decided to let it go.?

Not only that. She chose her own backup dancers (Adlib) and band (Skylight) for the concert.

The day after the show, she flew to Negros to face the press and discuss another first in her career: The martial arts film Tapado. Thanks to her health and fitness regimen, Rhian feels confident about the fight scenes and stunts that await her in the action film set entirely in Negros Occidental.

Rhian is looking forward to doing three more films after Tapado.

After all, when you?ve conquered your fears, you?re up to any challenge that comes your way.

That?s how Rhian feels, not just as an actress, but as a person comfortable in her own skin.
    Rhian Ramos, bibida sa isang action-drama film na ipalalabas sa ibang bansa
    Published August 18, 2017 3:34pm
    By Jamil Santos, GMA News

Matapos ang kinabilangang serye na "My Love from the Star," busy naman ngayon ang Kapuso star na si Rhian Ramos sa dalawa niyang pelikula na isang rom-com at isang action-drama.

Ayon kay Rhian, may mga kasama siyang international actors sa ginagawa niyang action drama movie na "Tapado," at ipalalabas sa ibang bansa.

Kuwento ng aktres, ang pagbisita niya kamakailan sa Lakawon Island sa Negros Occidental ay para sa shoot ng "Tapado."

Pagbahagi niya, iikot ang istorya nito sa isang martial arts champion na ipaglalaban ang kaniyang asawa at matalik na kaibigan. Dahil kailangan niya ng pambayad sa ospital, mapipilitan siyang sumali sa isang underground fight match na pinapatakbo ng mga sindikato.

Sabi ni Rhian, natutuwa raw siya sa adhikain ng pelikula.

"Siguro kung kailangan ko siyang i-categorize, it's an action film but with a heart, like emotional action film. Sometimes kasi when I watch action or when I think of, let's say, professional fighting, the driving force is mostly the business... so it's nice to see a movie where they're really fighting for a cause," kuwento ni Rhian sa presscon nitong Huwebes.

[tweet]
    Jamil Santos @Jamil_Santos02
    Kapuso star Rhian Ramos, excited sa paggawa ng kanyang rom-com indie film project. @gmanews
    9:38 AM - Aug 17, 2017
    1 1 Reply 7 7 Retweets 23 23 likes
    Twitter Ads info and privacy

Inihayag ni Rhian na gagampanan niya ang karakter na asawa ng bida.

"The cause is, may moral obligation 'yung lead character, my husband, against drugs, but also, he has to fight for his family, which is me, the wife. So it's protecting the people around him and also meron siyang moral obligation, fight against wrong."

With international actors

Ilan sa mga makakasama ni Rhian sa naturang pelikula ay mga international action stars tulad ni Sarah Chang mula China, Paul Allica mula Australia, at si Jingliang "The Leech," top UFC contender ng China.

Kasama rin sina Ian Ignacio at Pinoy Taekwondo master na si Monsour del Rosario.

At dahil nga isang martial arts-action film, sinabi rin ni Rhian na pinaghahandaan niya rin ang kaniyang mga fight scene.

"I am training because I have a long fight scene in the movie... I really want to get that one scene down because as a newbie, that's all I can handle because everyone is an expert. I really have to just get the one scene perfect."

"I've done a couple of scenes, I'm gonna have five more shoots pabalik-balik," patuloy pa ng aktres.

"We're shooting in Bacolod and shooting is already ongoing. Siguro by the end of this month (Agosto), matatapos na rin 'yung shooting. But they've been shooting everyday for one month na."

"Balita ko nga, bago siya ipalabas dito, una siyang ipapalabas sa ibang bansa." Sabi ni Rhian na isa ang China kung saan ipapalabas ang movie.

Itinuturing ni Rhian na dream come true ang makagawa ng isang action film.

"I've always said that I really would like to do an action but now I'm doing it so I just really want to be able to do."

Versatile actress

Sa naturang presscon, ibinalita rin ni Rhian ang pagbida niya sa indie rom-com film na pinamagatang "Fallback."

Nang tanungin kung hindi ba siya napapagod sa dami ng proyekto, sinabi ni Rhian na na-e-enjoy niya ang kaniyang trabaho.

"But it's nice doing an action and a rom-com at the same time. Medyo nag-i-intersect nga 'yung mga shooting dates but we're all fixing the schedule," saad niya.

Kuwento ni Rhian, nais niyang maging versatile actress na may karanasan sa iba't-ibang klase ng roles. At kahit rom-com-action ang tema ng kaniyang mga pelikula, gusto pa rin daw niyang gumawa ng drama.

"I kind of like everything," paglilinaw ng aktres. "But at the same time, it's weird because you try your best to be effective in what you're doing, and then when you're effective in it, lahat na ng makukuha mo, puro gano'n. So 'yung tendency lagi ng actor is ma-typecast."

"Siyempre nature namin (artista), gusto naming galingan 'di ba? Kaso nga, 'pag puro na lang gano'n, hindi rin naman pwede kasi parang hindi ka na actor, hindi ka na versatile, iisa na lang 'yung ginagawa mo. So parang may isa kang na-perfect na type of person o personality type, pero it doesn't mean that you're acting anymore," paliwanag niya.

Nagpasalamat din ang Kapuso actress na mapabilang siya sa katatapos lang na seryeng "My Love from The Star."

"I'm very happy to be a part of the project... I really enjoyed the opportunity to be able to one, get the "*****y" role, because I was really hoping for that and because I haven't done that in a while again. Two, it was like an introduction to comedy, 'di ba?," ayon pa kay Rhian. -- FRJ, GMA News
    TAPADO: FIGHT FOR JUSTICE: Filming Starts On Vincent Soberano's New FMA Action Drama
    By Lee Golden - August 01, 2017

FB_IMG_1501582073244.jpg

It hasn't been that long since actor and filmmaker Vincent Soberano completed his debut feature action horror, Blood Hunters: Rise Of The Hybrids, an effort no less aiming to bring quality action cinema to the fray along with some meaty, prolific FMA action to the screen as well. He's not resting just yet either as he's now onto the next for the sophomore filmmaker with the start of production this week for supernatural martial arts action drama, Tapado: Fight For Justice, following a press conference in Bacolod City at the start of the week.

The film's title itself is a word that stems from stick fighting in Filipino martial arts, one that no less speaks highly to Soberano's contined goal of bringing FMA to the forefront of action by next year as there are already a few films brewing in the action genre in the region. Headlining are Soberano in reunion with several Blood Hunters cast, including actor Ian Ignacio for a story centered on a downtrodden MMA champion who journeys into the world of underground fighting to take down an elusive drug lord.

Rounding out the cast are actor Ian Ignacio, Chinese-American actress and martial artist Sarah Chang who serves as action choreographer on the project, actress Rhian Ramos, and Makati congressman, actor and martial artist Monsour Del Rosario, with actor Paul Allica and UFC Welterweight athelte, debut actor Li Jingliang (a.k.a. "The Leech"). Piaya Network's Jessie Efeno and Tony Aguirre and RS Video & Film Productions's Oli Laperal are executive producing the project which is expected to wrap this Fall.

The production unveiled a preliminary poster this month with more info on the cast, including Onishi Takeyuki who served as director of photography on Blood Hunters: Rise Of The Hybrids. Take a gander below and keep steady with production via the film's Facebook updates here.

FB_IMG_1501437130751.jpg
    [video]

Ito yung unang movie ni Vincent Soberano... Blood Hunters
    Insta Scoop: Rhian Ramos on Location in Negros Occidental for 'Tapado: Fight for Justice' Movie

20170827_225052.png
    Image courtesy of Instagram: whianwamos

They changed the title to THE TRIGONAL

Premiere at Cannes! Wow!

The Trigonal Teasers

“Trigonal” enthralls international audiences, wins distribution deal in China and a World Premiere in Cannes

May 3, 2018

From the get-go, writer-director-actor and former Filipino Muay Thai World Champion Vincent Soberano’s vision was clear-eyed. He aimed to make action movies alive and palatable again, not just to local audiences but to international viewers as well. And Soberano knew how to go about it: combine meticulously-choreographed action sequences with topnotch production details, and at the very heart of it, a journey in humanity.

With the upcoming film “The Trigonal,” Soberano is set to realize his long-held dream. “The Trigonal” has caught the attention of Real Pictures Entertainment, a Chinese production company with a distribution arm. Following the film’s limited premiere in Beijing last March 14, a  distribution deal has been sealed and “The Trigonal” is poised to be shown all throughout China.

“Several Hollywood and Chinese film industry executives were impressed at how the film looked ‘so expensive’ and ‘international’ and not the stigmatized expectations from a Filipino film. They loved the diverse and unique action choreography and cinematography. They especially loved how the Chinese characters in the story are pivotal to the success of the main character and his journey,”shares Soberano.

The film has also been slated for a World Premiere at the Cannes Marche du Film on May 12. Following that, Viva Films has taken on the film for its Philippine release on July 18, and subsequently for TV broadcasting rights. Talks are underway for a US release in August this year as well.

“The Trigonal” is about Jacob Casa, a Fil-Am martial arts champion who returns to his hometown and opens an MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) school with his childhood friend. He is obsessed about the fight game, finding it hard to turn down any chance to engage in professional competition.

All the while, he is deeply in love with his Fil-Am wife Annie. Complicating matters is when Jacob starts to consider taking on an underground fight, his wife and unborn child become collateral in a ruthless drug lord’s lunatic ambitions.

For the lead roles of Jacob and Annie, Soberano handpicked theater-trained actor Ian Ignacio and popular Filipino actress Rhian Ramos. “I wanted an actor who looked entirely Filipino, not mestizo or half-breed to play Jacob. He should also be as great an actor as he is a martial artist.” Ignacio, a black belt in Taekwondo, the protégé of Taekwondo legend Monsour del Rosario and the son of Karate master Levi Ignacio fit the bill.

Soberano also didn’t have a hard time choosing Rhian Ramos to play the wife Annie. “Rhian perfectly fit the role of Annie because of her mixed heritage (Rhian is Filipino-British), genuine fluency of the English language, and athleticism. Beyond that, I was quite impressed with her acting skills.”

Soberano, a seasoned theater actor himself and the founder/creative director of the San Diego Asian American Repertory Theater (SDAART) in California, points out the importance of standout acting especially in an action film. “The action has to tell a story and a good actor can intensify or downplay the action depends on their portrayal of it,” says Soberano. “Fight ***** is what I call fighting just for the sake of fighting. I don’t like that. There has to be a story behind every action, every kick, every punch.”

Making the ensemble of actors even more formidable is the casting of several well-known Chinese artists like Chinese UFC star Li Jing Liang, Hong Kong producer/actor Gus Liem who recently released his comedy blockbuster “Girls 2” and the fast-rising Chinese-American action star Sarah Chang who has been the lead in a string of big movies in China this year.

“Casting the Chinese in a positive light plus upping the quality of filmmaking from cinematography to storytelling are keys to my success in penetrating the world’s biggest film market, worth billions of dollars,” adds Soberano. The first quarter of 2018 saw Chinese domestic box-office grossing at USD $3.4 Billion, breaking all world records and officially beating Hollywood as now the #1 movie market in the world.

The amazing feat of “The Trigonal” is proof once more of how talented and of international caliber Filipino filmmakers are. “I wanted to make a movie that combines a love story with a thriller, some comedy, and a whole lot of mixed martial arts action never before seen on screen. The movie abounds with symbolism. The Trigonal (a term coined and trademarked by Soberano himself) refers to an underground fighting arena shaped like a triangle. It also represents the  film’s three principal characters and three subplots. The triangle in itself is a symbol of mixed martial arts.”

What the multi-hyphenate Soberano has set out to accomplish has to date garnered a lot of attention in China. Significantly, Soberano has been signed to direct two big-budget action films this year by Origin Pictures Beijing and its Korean partner, East Dreams. This is the first time in history that a Filipino director has been at the helm of a major film in mainland China.

All this comes back to what Soberano dreams of the most – helping raise the bar in Filipino martial arts and action films for the international market. “I’m just getting started with The Trigonal,” he says. “I have a string of movies following right after. It will be a new era for action films!”

Pinoy action film inks Chinese distribution deal
    294SHARES28410
    STAR CIRCUIT - Ricky L. Calderon (The Freeman) - April 20, 2018 - 12:00am

From the onset, writer-director-actor and former Filipino Muay Thai World Champion Vincent Soberano’s vision was clear-eyed. He aimed to make action movies alive and acceptable again, not just for local audiences but to international viewers as well.

Soberano knew how to go about it: combine meticulously choreographed action sequences with topnotch production values and at the very heart of it, a journey in humanity.

With the upcoming film “The Trigonal,” Soberano is set to realize his long-held dream. The film has caught the attention of Real Pictures Entertainment, a Chinese production company with a distribution arm. Following the film’s limited premiere in Beijing last March 14, a distribution deal has been sealed and “The Trigonal” is poised to be shown all throughout China.

“Several Hollywood and Chinese film industry executives were impressed with how the film looked ‘so expensive’ and ‘international’ and not the stigmatized expectations from a Filipino film. They loved the diverse and unique action choreography and cinematography. They especially loved how the Chinese characters in the story are pivotal to the success of the main character and his journey,” shares Soberano.

The film has also been slated for a World Premiere at the Cannes Marche du Film on May 12. Following that, Viva Films has taken on the film for its Philippine release on July 18, and subsequently for TV broadcasting rights. Talks are underway for a United States release in August this year as well.

“The Trigonal” is about Jacob Casa, a Fil-Am martial arts champion who returns to his hometown and opens an MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) school with his childhood friend. He is obsessed about the fight game, finding it hard to turn down any chance to engage in professional competition.

All the while, he is deeply in love with his Fil-Am wife Annie.

Complicating matters is when Jacob starts to consider taking on an underground fight. His wife and unborn child become collateral in a ruthless drug lord’s lunatic ambitions.

For the lead roles of Jacob and Annie, Soberano handpicked theater-trained actor Ian Ignacio and Kapuso actress Rhian Ramos. “I wanted an actor who looked entirely Filipino, not mestizo or half-breed to play Jacob. He should also be as great an actor as he is a martial artist,” says the director.

Ignacio – a black belt in Taekwondo, the protégé of Taekwondo legend Monsour del Rosario and the son of Karate master Levi Ignacio – fit the bill.

Soberano also didn’t have a hard time choosing Rhian to play the wife Annie. “Rhian perfectly fit the role of Annie because of her mixed heritage (Rhian is Filipino-British), genuine fluency of the English language, and athleticism. Beyond that, I was quite impressed with her acting skills,” Soberano adds.

Soberano, a seasoned theater actor himself and the founder/creative director of the San Diego Asian American Repertory Theater (SDAART) in California, points out the importance of standout acting especially in an action film.

“The action has to tell a story and a good actor can intensify or downplay the action depending on their portrayal of it,” says Soberano.

“Fight ***** is what I call fighting just for the sake of fighting. I don’t like that. There has to be a story behind every action, every kick, every punch.”

The amazing feat of “The Trigonal” is proof once more of how talented and of international caliber Filipino filmmakers are.

“I wanted to make a movie that combines a love story with a thriller, some comedy, and a whole lot of mixed martial arts action never before seen on screen. The movie abounds with symbolism. The Trigonal (a term coined and trademarked by Soberano himself) refers to an underground fighting arena shaped like a triangle. It also represents the films’ three principal characters and three subplots. The triangle in itself is a symbol of mixed martial arts.”

What the multi-hyphenate Soberano has set out to accomplish has to date garnered a lot of attention in China. Significantly, Soberano has been signed to direct two big-budget action films this year by Origin Pictures Beijing and its Korean partner, East Dreams. This is the first time in history that a Filipino director has been at the helm of a major film in mainland China.

Read more at https://www.philstar.com/the-freeman/cebu-entertainment/2018/04/20/1807573/pinoy-action-film-inks-chinese-distribution-deal#4IAYWtDyQwlDQAAb.99

Rhian inisnab ang world premiere ng pelikula sa Cannes

Noong May 12, ang world premiere ng pelikulang The Tri­gonal sa Cannes, France. Tampok sa Martial Arts Thriller si Ian Taylor Ignacio at kapareha niya si Rhian Ramos sa direc­tion ni Vincent Soberano.

Nakwento ni Rhian sa isang press visit namin sa taping ng The One That Got Away ang world premiere ng movie na kasama siya sa Cannes, pero that time, hindi pa siya sure kung dadalo ang cast o baka ang lead actor na lang at ang director. Very proud si Rhian sa nasabing pelikula.

Anyway, sa halip na sa France, nasa Thailand si Rhian noong May 12, dumalo siya sa 10th wedding anniversary ng British dad niya at ng Thai wife nito. Ang ganda ng message ni Rhian sa dad at stepmom niya at sa last part ng message, nakasulat ang “Mahal ko kayong dala­wa Daddio, Nuan. Mahal ko ang pamilya natin.”

Samantala, sa Friday na ang ending ng TOTGA. May request pa nga ang viewers sa GMA 7 na ituloy ang love team nina Rhian at Jason Abalos sa next show nila. Huwag daw sanang sayangin ang chemistry ng dalawa at ang nabuong fans ng love team nila.

Read more at https://www.philstar.com/pilipino-star-ngayon/showbiz/2018/05/15/1815308/dennis-aalukin-na-ng-kasal-si-jennylyn#i6oGmKQCLjdHO1u9.99

Rhian Ramos eschews France to be with her dad and stepmom on their 10th wedding anniversary

by Nikko Tuazon posted on May 14, 2018

5.0k Shares

IMAGE Courtesy of Rhian Ramos on Instagram

Rhian Ramos attends the 10th wedding anniversary party of her dad, Gareth Howell, and stepmom, Nuan, in Thailand on Saturday, May 13. The One The Got Away actress was supposed to be in France for the Cannes Film Festival showing of her movie The Trigonal, but she chose to be with her loved ones.

Over the weekend, GMA-7 actress Rhian Ramos flew to Thailand to attend the 10th wedding anniversary party of her dad Gareth Howell and her stepmom Nuan.

She was supposed to go to Cannes Film Festival 2018 in France for the premiere of her movie project The Trigonal.

Instead, Rhian chose to be with her father, who is based in Thailand and owns a hotel called Motral Hotel Samui.

In an Instagram post on Satudary May 13, the Kapuso actress expressed how much she loves her dad and stepmom.

She wrote, "Natutuwa talaga ako sa ganito. Baka lang isipin ng iba di ito yung konsepto ng isang buo na pamilya, pero para sa akin ito ang perpektong ehemplo ng buong pagmamahal natin sa isat isa.

"Yung kahit di naman tayo laging magkasama, parang wala pa rin namang nagbabago, maalaga ka pa rin, makulit, malakas mang-asar, at hanggang ngayon, marunong ka pa rin pumili ha! Mabuti naman!

"Dahil diyan, lalo pang lumalaki, sumasaya, at nakukumpleto ang pamilya natin.

"Nagpapasalamat ako na nakahanap ka ng isang taong makakampihan ka habang buhay, pero minsan, kayang basagin din ang trip mo pag yun ang kailangan. Hahaha

"Mahal ko kayo dalawa Daddio, Nuan 

"Talaga namang dapat ipinagbubunyi at ipinagdiriwang ang anibersaryong ito.. wouldn't miss it for the world, halata naman siguro, mas ito ang Cannes ng buhay ko eh."

Rhian explained why she wrote her message in Tagalog, "Pasensiya na at ayokong inglesin to, ayokong i-Thai (di din naman ako marunong)... kasi naman #AtTheEndOfTheDay, alam kong magegets din niyo lahat 'yan pagkatapos ng paggu-google at lahat! Lol!

ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW 

"style lang ng buhay yun. Nagpapakumplikado pero simple lang pala... happy 10 years, family... magpa-party kayo ulit pag 15 na ha?! Nang mahanda ko ang liver ko, kasi nalerky ako today. Lol!

"Love you... this message will self-destruct in 2 hours =P"

Read more at https://www.pep.ph/lifestyle/celebrations/37469/rhian-ramos-eschews-france-to-be-with-her-dad-and-stepmom-on-their-10th-wedding-anniversary#ISjWewcE66Zss45L.99

Advertisement

Filipino action filmThe Trigonal to premiere at Cannes Film Market

May 1, 2018 | 12:09 am
    Font Size 

A SCENE from The Trigonal

A FILIPINO action-thriller meant to make “action movies alive and palatable again to local and international audiences,” is set to make its world premiere at the Cannes Marche du Film (Cannes Film Market) of the Cannes Film Festival this month.

The Trigonal, directed by Vincent Soberano, is about a mixed martial arts athlete who returns to his hometown and becomes a drug lord’s pawn — along with his wife and unborn child — and has to compete in an underground fight club.

Leading the cast are theater actor Ian Ignacio (who has a black belt in Taekwondo) and film/TV actress Rhian Ramos.

The film is said to “combine meticulously choreographed action sequences with top-notch production details, and at the very heart of it, a journey in humanity,” according to a press release.

“I wanted to make a movie that combines a love story with a thriller, some comedy, and a whole lot of mixed martial arts action never before seen on screen. The movie abounds with symbolism. The ‘Trigonal’ refers to an underground fighting arena shaped like a triangle. It also represents the film’s three principal characters and three subplots. The triangle in itself is a symbol of mixed martial arts,” said Mr. Soberano in the release.

“The action has to tell a story and a good actor can intensify or downplay the action depending on their portrayal of it,” he explained before adding, “Fight ***** is what I call fighting just for the sake of fighting. I don’t like that. There has to be a story behind every action, every kick, every punch.”

The Trigonal is set to have its world premiere at the Cannes Film Market on May 12.

The Cannes Film Market is held in conjunction with the Cannes Film Festival which runs from May 8 to 19.

The film — which also stars several Chinese artists including Ultimate Fighting Championship star Li Jing Liang, actor/producer Gus Liem and Chinese-American action star Sarah Chang — was picked up for Chinese distribution by Real Pictures Entertainment after the film’s limited release premiere here on March 14, while the Philippine distribution will be handled by Viva Pictures. The film is set to be shown in Philippine cinemas in July.

Talks are underway to bring the films to the US in August, said the statement. — Zsarlene B. Chua

‘The Trigonal,’ not your usual action film

• Tempo
    • 19 Apr 2018
    • By NEIL RAMOS

AIMING to put Pinoy action movies back into the forefront of mainstream cinema is Vincent Soberano.

The former Muay Thai World Champion has been at it for some time now, producing and directing several films of the ilk including “Blood Hunters” and “Tapado.”

He is now back with his latest opus, “The Trigonal.”

According to Soberano, “The Trigonal” is an epic Pinoy action film of global merit, noting its meticulously-choreographed action sequences and topnotch production detail.

“But of course, at the very heart of it is a journey in humanity,” he said.

Apparently, unlike most his predecessors who seemingly only want to focus on blood and gore, Soberano is keen on good, heartfelt storytelling.

“Fight ***** is what I call films filled with fighting just for the sake of fighting. I don’t like that. There has to be a story behind every action, every kick, every punch,” he explained.

“The Trigonal” is about Jacob Casa, a martial arts champion who returns to his hometown to open an MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) school with his childhood friend. He is obsessed about the fight game, finding it hard to turn down any chance to engage in professional competition.

When Jacob considers taking on an underground fight, his wife Annie, and their unborn child become collateral in a ruthless drug lord’s lunatic ambitions.

Note “The Trigonal” has caught the attention of Real Pictures Entertainment, a Chinese production company.

Following the film’s limited premiere in Beijing last March 14, “The Trigonal” is poised to be shown throughout China.

“Several Hollywood and Chinese film industry executives were impressed at how the film looked ‘so expensive’ and ‘international’ going beyond the seemingly stigmatized expectations from a Filipino film,” said Soberano.

“They loved the diverse and unique action choreography and cinematography. They especially loved how the Chinese characters in the story are pivotal to the success of the main character and his journey.”

The film is also slated to premiere at the Cannes Marche du Film on May 12.

It will be released locally by Viva Films on July 18 and talks are underway for a US release in August.

For the lead roles of Jacob and Annie, Soberano handpicked theater-trained actor Ian Ignacio and actress Rhian Ramos.

“I wanted an actor who looked entirely Filipino, not mestizo or half-breed, to play Jacob. He should also be as great an actor as he is a martial artist,” explained Soberano of his decision to cast Ignacio, a protégé of Taekwondo legend Monsour del Rosario and the son of Karate master Levi Ignacio.

As for Ramos, he said, “Rhian perfectly fit the role of Annie because of her mixed heritage, her fluency of the English language, and athleticism. Beyond that, I was also quite impressed with her acting skills.”

Making the cast even more formidable is the inclusion of several well-known Chinese stars like Li Jing Liang, Gus Liem and Sarah Chang. Why Trigonal? “The movie abounds with symbolism. The Trigonal refers to an underground fighting arena shaped like a triangle. It also represents the film’s three principal characters and three subplots. The triangle in itself is a symbol of mixed martial arts,” Soberano explained.

‘Trigonal’ goes to Cannes, wins distribution deal in China

posted April 27, 2018 at 06:10 pm 
    by Manila Standard Showbitz

From the get-go, writer-director-actor and former Filipino Muay Thai World Champion Vincent Soberano’s vision was clear-eyed. He aimed to make action movies alive and palatable again, not just to local audiences but to international viewers as well. And Soberano knew how to go about it: combine meticulously-choreographed action sequences with topnotch production details, and at the very heart of it, a journey in humanity.

With the upcoming film The Trigonal, Soberano is set to realize his long-held dream. The Trigonal has caught the attention of Real Pictures Entertainment, a Chinese production company with a distribution arm. Following the film’s limited premiere in Beijing on March 14, a distribution deal has been sealed and The Trigonal is poised to be shown all throughout China.“Several Hollywood and Chinese film industry executives were impressed at how the film looked ‘so expensive’ and ‘international’ and not the stigmatized expectations from a Filipino film. They loved the diverse and unique action choreography and cinematography. They especially loved how the Chinese characters in the story are pivotal to the success of the main character and his journey,” shares Soberano.

The film has also been slated for a World Premiere at the Cannes Marche du Film on May 12. Following that, Viva Films has taken on the film for its Philippine release on July 18, and subsequently for TV broadcasting rights. Talks are underway for a US release in August this year as well.

Ian Ignacio, lead star of the film, 'The Trigonal.'

The Trigonal is about Jacob Casa, a Fil-Am martial arts champion who returns to his hometown and opens an MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) school with his childhood friend. He is obsessed about the fight game, finding it hard to turn down any chance to engage in professional competition.

All the while, he is deeply in love with his Fil-Am wife Annie. Complicating matters is when Jacob starts to consider taking on an underground fight, his wife and unborn child become collateral in a ruthless drug lord’s lunatic ambitions.

For the lead roles of Jacob and Annie, Soberano handpicked theater-trained actor Ian Ignacio and actress Rhian Ramos.

“I wanted an actor who looked entirely Filipino, not mestizo or half-breed to play Jacob. He should also be as great an actor as he is a martial artist,” Soberano says.

Ignacio, a black belt in Taekwondo, the protégé of Taekwondo legend Monsour del Rosario and the son of Karate master Levi Ignacio fit the bill.

Making the ensemble of actors even more formidable is the casting of several well-known Chinese artists like Chinese UFC star Li Jing Liang, Hong Kong producer/actor Gus Liem who recently released his comedy blockbuster Girls 2, and the fast-rising Chinese-American action star Sarah Chang who has been the lead in a string of big movies in China this year.The amazing feat of The Trigonal is proof once more of how talented and of international caliber Filipino filmmakers are.“I wanted to make a movie that combines a love story with a thriller, some comedy, and a whole lot of mixed martial arts action never before seen on screen. The movie abounds with symbolism. The Trigonal (a term coined and trademarked by Soberano himself) refers to an underground fighting arena shaped like a triangle. It also represents the  film’s three principal characters and three subplots. The triangle in itself is a symbol of mixed martial arts,” Soberano explains.

Thank you SENATOR Juan Miguel Zubiri, SENATOR Koko Pimentel, Congressman MANUEL ZUBIRI & DPWH MARK VILLAR for endorsing our martial arts-action-drama movie : THE TRIGONAL to the PHILIPPINES MOVIE GOING PUBLIC ... 🇵🇭🥋👊🥋🇵🇭 ... September 3, 2018 ... Monday ... 😊

Thank you SENATOR Juan Miguel Zubiri, SENATOR Koko Pimentel, Congressman MANUEL ZUBIRI & DPWH MARK VILLAR for endorsing our martial arts-action-drama movie : THE TRIGONAL to the PHILIPPINES MOVIE GOING PUBLIC ... 🇵🇭🥋👊🥋🇵🇭 ... September 3, 2018 ... Monday ... 😊

WATCH: Trailer for new martial arts thriller starring Monsour del Rosario

ABS-CBN News

Posted at Aug 30 2018 07:41 PM

Ian Ignacio (pictured), an actor and martial artist, leads the cast of this brutal-looking martial arts thriller to be released next month.

Following a limited premiere in Beijing last March, a brutal-looking martial arts thriller made by a Filipino director is set to be shown in local cinemas next month.

A September 26 release date has been handed to "Trigonal," a passion project from former Muay Thai champion Vincent Soberano, by distributor Viva Films, it was revealed this week. 

A full trailer accompanied the announcement, providing a glimpse of the movie's combat sequences -- involving weapons -- that takes place inside its triangular-shaped cage. 

The video also teased Monsour del Rosario's second film appearance since making his big-screen comeback last year following a long hiatus from acting. 

It was not immediately clear, however, what role the Filipino taekwondo legend, now a politician, will portray. 

The movie is led by actor-martial artist Ian Ignacio and Rhian Ramos, with Epy Quizon and Christian Vasquez. It also features real-life martial artists and soldiers, giving the movie's fight scenes a more authentic feel. 

According to Soberano, he wanted to "make a movie that combines a love story with a thriller, some comedy, and a whole lot of mixed martial arts action never before seen onscreen." 

"Trigonal" was shown in China last March 14, and was picked up for wider distribution in the country by Real Pictures Entertainment. It was also said to have been shown at the Cannes Marche du Film (Cannes Film Market) of the Cannes Film Festival last May. 

It tells the story of Jacob Casa, a Filipino-American martial arts champion who returns to his hometown to teach. 

Things get complicated when a ruthless drug lord forces him to fight in an underground tournament, blackmailing him with his wife and unborn child. 

edited September 2018

Monsour, 2 beses tinanggihan ang ‘Ang Probinsyano’

• September 9, 2018
    • Written by Vinia Vivar
    • Published in Showbiz
    • Read: 289
    Monsour 2 beses tinanggihan ang Ang Probinsyano

Thirteen years na nagpahinga sa showbusiness ang taekwondo action star at Makati first district congressman na si Monsour del Rosario. Taong 2005 pa ang huli niyang pelikula, ang Uno with Ronnie Ricketts.

Ngayon ay nagbabalik si Monsour sa pelikulang The Trigonal ng Cinefenio Fim Studios, RSVP Film Studios and Piaya distributed by Viva Films. Kasama niya rito sina Ian Ignacio, Epi Quizon, Christian Vasquez and Rhian Ramos.

When asked kung bakit inabot ng 13 years bago siya bumalik sa showbiz during the presscon for the movie held over the weekend, ani Monsour ay marami raw offers sa kanya noon pa.

Pero siyempre, pinipili naman daw niya ang role at proyektong gagawin. Nagustuhan niya ang The Trigonal dahil tungkol sa martial arts ang pelikula.

Kwento nga niya, kinukuha nga raw siya na mag-guest sa FPJ’s Ang Probinsyano pero dalawang beses na niyang natanggihan dahil hindi swak ang role na ibinibigay sa kanya.

’Yung unang offer daw ay congressman ang role niya at okay sana dahil ito rin naman talaga ng posisyon niya in real life. Kaso, congressman daw na protector ng drug lord sa Makati City.

“Sabi ko, ang pangit naman, congressman ako sa Makati City tapos protector pa ako ng drug lord sa Makati City. Sabi ko, ayoko ’yan. Sabi ko ’yung medyo positive,” kwento ni Monsour.

After 3 months ay tumawag daw ulit sa kanya ang production at iba naman ang offer sa kanya. This time, police general naman daw ang gagampanan niya.

Okay daw sa kanya ’yun pero nang tanungin niya kung ano ang kwento ng kanyang role, police general daw na protektor ng congressman na protector ng drug lord.

Kaya tinanggihan na naman niya.

“Sabi ko, ‘’wag naman mga ganyan. Pwede ba, mentor ako ni Coco, na nagtuturo ako kay Coco na bumaril, ako ang nagi-inspire sa kanya na maging pulis,’ something like that,” sey ni Monsour.

Kung hindi raw siya congressman ay okay na okay sa kanya ang gumanap na bad guy.

Hindi raw siya choosy pero may responsibilidad daw siya bilang public servant at ayaw niyang i-mislead ang mga manoood.

Dito sa The Trigonal ay mentor ni Ian ang kanyang role at ito raw ang mga karakter na gusto niya kaya naman niya tinanggap.

Ang Trigonal ay kwento ng isang retiradong kampeon ng mixed martisal arts at karate na napilitang magkipagbakbakan sa sindikatong nanghimasok sa kanyang bayan.

Showing na sa Sept. 26 ang The Trigonal mula sa direksyon ni Vincent Soberano.

Bukod sa Pilipinas, ipalalabas din ito sa China since mahihilig sa ganitong klaseng pelikula ang mga Chinese.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file