Bangkok, Thailand Thread 3

Comments

• letran_jletran_j Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    dudette08 wrote: »
    April 10
    2200H arrival from Phuket

April11

0600H Go to Damnoen Sudak Floating Market
    1100H Elephant Village --- alam nyo po magkano usually ang bayad dito? Yung walang kasamang tour package? :lol:
    1500H Go back to hotel (Paragon One Residence)
    1700H Siam Narimit Show -- Possible bang bumilil ng ticket sa site na? May idea po kayo how much?
    2100H Rooftop Bars

April 12
    0700H Ayutthaya Tour
    1600H Siam Paragon Mall
    1800H Terminal 21
    2000H Asiatique
    2200H Ping Pong Shows

April 13
    0800H Temple Run
    1200H Lunch
    1300H Saan po ba maganda makicelebrate ng Songkran Festival?

April 14

0900H - Chatuchak
    1300H - Check out
    1800H - at airport

Paanopo maimprove tong itinerary na to? Haha

Thank you po sa magrereply :love::love::love:

April11

1100H Elephant Village --- alam nyo po magkano usually ang bayad dito? Yung walang kasamang tour package? :lol: --> I don't recommend this, but if riding a slave elephant is your cup of tea then go for it. It's around 1,000 baht per person.
    1700H Siam Narimit Show -- Possible bang bumilil ng ticket sa site na? May idea po kayo how much? --> i suggest you book in advance since you'll be going during the peak week (near Songkran week). It's 1,200 baht per person.
    2100H Rooftop Bars --> Octave or Vertigo in Banyan tree are my reco.

April 12
    0700H Ayutthaya Tour
    1600H Siam Paragon Mall
    1800H Terminal 21
    2000H Asiatique
    2200H Ping Pong Shows

--> Try nyong unahin Terminal 21 before Siam Paragon since yung train station (SIAM BTS) going to Asiatique (Saphan Taksin) are in the same line.

--> Again, I don't support going to ping-pong shows because it's basically against my principle, but if you want to experience it coz you're in Bangkok already then sure... but my reco is not to go to patpong because they will rip you off... yung mga barkers will say 100 - 200 baht lang pero pag palabas ka na nung club they will charge you 3k - 5k with matching bouncers pa if you refuse to pay. Go to Soi Cowboi instead, smaller version of Patpong but still has those kind of shows.

April 13
    0800H Temple Run
    1200H Lunch
    1300H Saan po ba maganda makicelebrate ng Songkran Festival? --> Silom Road or Khao San road

April 14

0900H - Chatuchak
    1300H - Check out
    1800H - at airport
  • dudette08dudette08 Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    letran_j wrote: »

April11

1100H Elephant Village --- alam nyo po magkano usually ang bayad dito? Yung walang kasamang tour package? :lol: --> I don't recommend this, but if riding a slave elephant is your cup of tea then go for it. It's around 1,000 baht per person.
    1700H Siam Narimit Show -- Possible bang bumilil ng ticket sa site na? May idea po kayo how much? --> i suggest you book in advance since you'll be going during the peak week (near Songkran week). It's 1,200 baht per person.
    2100H Rooftop Bars --> Octave or Vertigo in Banyan tree are my reco.

April 12
    0700H Ayutthaya Tour
    1600H Siam Paragon Mall
    1800H Terminal 21
    2000H Asiatique
    2200H Ping Pong Shows

--> Try nyong unahin Terminal 21 before Siam Paragon since yung train station (SIAM BTS) going to Asiatique (Saphan Taksin) are in the same line.

--> Again, I don't support going to ping-pong shows because it's basically against my principle, but if you want to experience it coz you're in Bangkok already then sure... but my reco is not to go to patpong because they will rip you off... yung mga barkers will say 100 - 200 baht lang pero pag palabas ka na nung club they will charge you 3k - 5k with matching bouncers pa if you refuse to pay. Go to Soi Cowboi instead, smaller version of Patpong but still has those kind of shows.

April 13
    0800H Temple Run
    1200H Lunch
    1300H Saan po ba maganda makicelebrate ng Songkran Festival? --> Silom Road or Khao San road

April 14

0900H - Chatuchak
    1300H - Check out
    1800H - at airport

Thank you so much! Will take all that into consideration :)
  • queenie06queenie06 Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    hello guyz!

my family will be celebrating our mama's birthday in bangkok. we will be there on july 7-11. we are 6- person group with 2 seniors with my mom using a wheelchair. she can actually walk but since she just got a hip replacement operation, we will bring a travel-size wheelchair that she can use para hindi mapagod and i know my father would use it as well.hehe..this is a leisure-pace travel, only my parents have not been to bangkok...  with that in mind, i need your inputs please!

1)is it necessary to hire a van for the whole duration of our trip? or grab/ uber will do.
    2) do you have any experience hiring a van? please give me recommendations
    3) what tourist spots would you recommend that we will go to (especially those na pwede gamitin ang wheelchair)?
    4) pwede kaya punta kami sa floating market and mga temples kahit meron wheelchair?
    4) what hotels in pratunam area would you recommend (other than novotel and grand diamond suites) which is/are attached or very near a mall, para if ayaw nila magtour, madali nalang magshopping at makakain sa food court.

thank you!!!
  • keiytkeiyt Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Hassle mag Grab sa Bangkok. Okay naman po yung taxi sakanila. Pero for convenience pag mag tour kayo, I suggest mag van/private tour. :) 
    if 6 pax, better to rent a van. Just google, Van rental in Bangkok you'll see a lot of options. Just try comparing 3 companies so you can get the feel of how much per day do these companies charge. 
  • Hey guys, I think this thread has a ton of value and gives precious info about Bangkok. I'd like to do my part as well and link you a complete and free travel guide of Bangkok that I found particularly useful when traveling there. It lists also all the clubs that are worth to visit.
  • princessvogueprincessvogue Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    How is the weather in Bangkok by 3rd week of July? Mainit pa din ba, o sobrang init?  =)
  • jimboyjimboy Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    princessvogue said:
    How is the weather in Bangkok by 3rd week of July? Mainit pa din ba, o sobrang init?  =)
    should be raining or flooding by then.
    yup, mainit pa din. Rain showers during the afternoon - pero ang ulan sa Bangkok laging 30 mins to 1 hour lang then okay na ulit. 
  • samui_bksamui_bk Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    anyone tried lately the river cruise? how much is it now? whats the nearest bts sa waiting area? is the food good? if book in advance is it cheaper?
    samui_bk said:
    anyone tried lately the river cruise? how much is it now? whats the nearest bts sa waiting area? is the food good? if book in advance is it cheaper?
    are you referring to the dinner cruise? nearest bts would be saphan thaksin. but not sure kung doon pa din sila. 
  • mountainhikermountainhiker Member PExer

If you’re interested in attractions near Bangkok, Thailand that the whole family could enjoy together, try Nong Nooch Botanical Garden in Chonburi province, near Pattaya. https://www.theasia.com/discover/nong-nooch-tropical-botanical-garden-tour-pattaya-102 There are many activities to do there from seeing the lovely botanical gardens decorated in different themes to seeing shows.There’s a cultural show and some elephant shows. Some people may not like seeing elephant shows because they view it as animal abuse, but from what we saw, the elephants were in good condition and it was a great performance

• gladyskawaiigladyskawaii Dreamer PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Hi! I’m booked to travel to Bangkok on Aug 25-27. What are the best things to buy from there aside from Snail White Whipp Soap? It’s my first time to travel to BKK. 
  • hsusonhsuson Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Hi! I’m booked to travel to Bangkok on Aug 25-27. What are the best things to buy from there aside from Snail White Whipp Soap? It’s my first time to travel to BKK. 
    Daming Ralph Lauren Polo sa Bayoke nice and cheap.
  • gladyskawaiigladyskawaii Dreamer PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^thank you..
  • mountainhikermountainhiker Member PExer
    All floating markets in Thailand are very touristy. https://www.theasia.com/discover/amphawa-floating-market-fireflies-296 But floating markets exist in only a few countries, Thailand being the famous one so you should check it out. I suggest instead of booking a half day tour to just see the markets, it’s better to book a full day tour so you could see the fireflies when the sun sets. Amphawa is known for their beautiful fireflies.
    hsuson said:
    Daming Ralph Lauren Polo sa Bayoke nice and cheap.
    these are fakes. you know right
  • samui_bksamui_bk Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    anyone tried buying local sim tapos pa load sa 7-11? pwede ba yon sa cellphone natin..call and text lang sana baka sakaling mawawala ang mga kasama
    edited July 2018
    samui_bk said:
    anyone tried buying local sim tapos pa load sa 7-11? pwede ba yon sa cellphone natin..call and text lang sana baka sakaling mawawala ang mga kasama
    yes all the time, but make sure  na ndi naka lock yung cellphone mo. most iphone kc ng globe o smart eh naka lock. btw, you need to bring your passport if you are getting local sim.

INSIDER TIP:  if you are arriving via bkk's main airport, at kurips tulad ko, go to the airport train station in the basement, may libreng tourist sim doon at pwede ka na rin mag topup.
  • Hello good day,

pwede po bang makahingi ng cost effective at sulit na itinerary.

August 2018

Bangkok Area (Pathum WAN, BangRak, Phaya Thai, Watthana, Huai Khwang, Chatuchak)

12 10:00 AM arrival 
    13 whole day free Bangkok Area

Rangsit Area (Zeer Rangsit) 
    14 convention ends at 5:00 PM onwards free
    15 convention ends at 5:00 PM onwards free
    16 convention ends at 5:00 PM onwards free
    17 convention ends at 5:00 PM onwards free

Bangkok Area (Pathum WAN, BangRak, Phaya Thai, Watthana, Huai Khwang, Chatuchak)
    18 whole day free
    19 morning travel back to Philippines

thank you

anyone tried Paymaya sa AirBNB and sa Grab Pay sa Thailand?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file