FEATURE ADJUSTMENT: The Flag button is temporarily unavailable for members. We are doing certain system adjustments as of the moment to prevent some users from abusing this feature. For reports, please message the moderators or email us at [email protected]
PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!

US Visa Help Thread II

Comments

• michymichymoomichymichymoo coffee drinker ✭✭✭
    @mallows1104

Can you provide us with the details on how your interview went?
    First of course I was asked kung anong purpose of going to US. So I said I want to celebrate christmas in New york. Then the following questions were about my work. Wat’s my company, how long na sa company, ano gnagawa ko sa work. Then she asked long will I stay sa US I said 10 days since that’s wat I input in my DS-160. If i travelled outside the country and asked me to state the countries. Whom do I live with so I said i live with my sisters. Last question was if my sisters will be travelling with me i said No kasi hindi nman tlga. The next thing I heard was sorry while she handed me the big blue slip 😭😭😭. 
    First, probably hindi match yung income mo sa cost of living in New York. TBH, SUPER MAHAL maging tourist sa New York. Lalo na during holidays, like Christmas, aside sa you will have to buy winter clothes during your visit. I would suggest either ibahin mo yung declared dates of visit mo (Spring or Summer), or ibang state (California, ganun).
    You think? Siguro nga. Since hindi ko rin naman ininclude ang allowance and incentives sa monthly income ko dun sa form eh based sa ilang nabasa ko dito sa group dapat pala iinclude dhl pwede naman nla icheck if they want to. Pero kung mag re-apply ako then ibahin ko ung state n ppunthan ko hndi b ko ma-question? Bka isipin ksi pa-iba2 isip ko. Haha 😂 anyway, thanks for the response. 😊
    First, yes dapat ideclare mo yung total income mo. US visa application is not the time to be humble about your income. LOL.

Nope, it totally makes sense naman kasi na mag-bago isip mo kasi malaki naman yung U.S. eh. And California is cheaper to visit compared to NYC. 
    sue21 said:
    Hello everyone, I’m seeking an assessment sa case ko po. I’m 26 years old, single, 3 years na sa work (US-based company) with 30k+ salary and a 100k+ savings, I have a life insurance with investment link for 2 years now (PRULIFE UK). IT college graduate, but currently studying a new short course or training program for my new career which is Digital Marketing-related and will take a certification exam after. I only have few travel history, all were in Asian countries, Singapore, Hong Kong, South Korea, and Taiwan. My boyfriend of 8 years and his immediate family are legal permanent residents in the USA, they’re currently living in New York. We’re on a long distance relationship for 2 years. I’m planning to apply for a visa without him knowing. I want to surprise him kasi.

Do I have a good chance of getting approved? Do I have to tell about my boyfriend? Baka po kasi isipin nila magpapakasal kami, but not. Or should I tell that I'm only applying to go on a tour.

Thanks a lot.

Risky if you will declare that you have a boyfriend in the U.S., so I will suggest na if you have a friend or relative sa U.S. na yung can declare, then do that. :D
  • @mallows1104

First of course I was asked kung anong purpose of going to US. So I said I want to celebrate christmas in New york. Then the following questions were about my work. Wat’s my company, how long na sa company, ano gnagawa ko sa work. Then she asked long will I stay sa US I said 10 days since that’s wat I input in my DS-160. If i travelled outside the country and asked me to state the countries. Whom do I live with so I said i live with my sisters. Last question was if my sisters will be travelling with me i said No kasi hindi nman tlga. The next thing I heard was sorry while she handed me the big blue slip 😭😭😭. 
    First, probably hindi match yung income mo sa cost of living in New York. TBH, SUPER MAHAL maging tourist sa New York. Lalo na during holidays, like Christmas, aside sa you will have to buy winter clothes during your visit. I would suggest either ibahin mo yung declared dates of visit mo (Spring or Summer), or ibang state (California, ganun).
    You think? Siguro nga. Since hindi ko rin naman ininclude ang allowance and incentives sa monthly income ko dun sa form eh based sa ilang nabasa ko dito sa group dapat pala iinclude dhl pwede naman nla icheck if they want to. Pero kung mag re-apply ako then ibahin ko ung state n ppunthan ko hndi b ko ma-question? Bka isipin ksi pa-iba2 isip ko. Haha 😂 anyway, thanks for the response. 😊
    First, yes dapat ideclare mo yung total income mo. US visa application is not the time to be humble about your income. LOL.

Nope, it totally makes sense naman kasi na mag-bago isip mo kasi malaki naman yung U.S. eh. And California is cheaper to visit compared to NYC. 
    Oo nga. I shouldve known PEx prior to flliing my form para mas detailed ko xa nasagutan. Haha that’s a lesson learned for me. 

Another question, necessary ba na ung contact person mo sa US eh dun sa state n ppunthan mo? 

Thanks a lot for the inputs!
  • katehkateh Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 21
    @mallows1104

Oo nga. I shouldve known PEx prior to flliing my form para mas detailed ko xa nasagutan. Haha that’s a lesson learned for me. 

Another question, necessary ba na ung contact person mo sa US eh dun sa state n ppunthan mo? 

No. Your contact person is anyone who knows you personally and can verify your identity if the US embassy decides to check (basically the contact person must be someone who can confirm without doubt na ikaw nga ang taong nag-aaply at hindi isang impostor).

It doesn't matter kung bibistahin mo sila or hindi kung pagpunta mo dun.

• kateh said:
    @mallows1104

No. Your contact person is anyone who knows you personally and can verify your identity if the US embassy decides to check (basically the contact person must be someone who can confirm without doubt na ikaw nga ang taong nag-aaply at hindi isang impostor).

Oh I see. Thank you. If magpa invite ako sa friend you think mggingg complicated ba yung application or easier pag ganun? 
  • enigma22enigma22 Member
    enigma22 said:
    Hello, i up ko lang po, pasensya na if naulit, need ko lang po talaga ng inputs,
    Hope you can help maraming salamat po! :) :)
    hsuson said:
    enigma22 said:
    Hello po mga kaPExers! Magpapaassess lang po ng profile

Single, F, late 20s (with bf of 7 years)
    Finance 2years and 3 months sa present company; 7 years in the industry
    Income: 33k
    Travel Plans: vacation 10-14 days in Oregon
    No relatives in the US
    No properties/titles
    Savings: nearly 200k
    Travel History: Japan last May

Any inputs will be appreciated po. Maraming salamat!
    Why Oregon?  They will ask....
    May naginivite po, previous sponsor sa non-profit private agency when I was young (old couple; citizen po). May occasion and vacation nadin po. Would it be better if ibang lugar ilagay ko? Any suggestions po? I know hindi sya ganun kasikat na lugar (na puntahan) sa US, pero medyo nailang ako sa idea na ibang lugar ang sasabihin ko? I mean not comfortable of saying na sa ibang place pupunta instead of the real intended one. Wala rin po ako kakilala sa US (aside from previous my classmate in HS in Florida), sila na lang sana ilalagay ko sa contact person. Hindi ko kasi sure if okay kay classmate na ilagay ko sya as reference, though legal naman po sila nagmigrate sa US. Ayoko naman po mag-impose.

Thank you so much po!
    Yung sponsor route kasi for me has its drawbacks. Parang mas OK na you present yourself as a tourist with no sponsor, and say you have friends in Oregon who you worked with years ago and that you'd like to visit them for a week. Are they sponsoring your entire trip ba?

thank you po sa reply. They will not sponsor, I will be paying for the trip myself. Naginvite lang sila and I will just go and tour with them, pero I'll be paying po. I was just stating kung bakit sa OR and san magstay when I'm there, and that iyon po ang relationship namin kaya kami magkakilala... Would it be better if di ko sila ilagay under place to stay & contact persons? Should I opt for hotel instead?

Thank you very much!
  • katehkateh Member ✭✭✭
    kateh said:
    @mallows1104

Oh I see. Thank you. If magpa invite ako sa friend you think mggingg complicated ba yung application or easier pag ganun? 
    Invitation does nothing. Walang advantage at minsan disagvatage pa. If you can afford to go yourself and tour then just say that and leave any invitations off.

Your contact person is anyone who knows you personally and can verify your identity if the US embassy decides to check (basically the contact person must be someone who can confirm without doubt na ikaw nga ang taong nag-aaply at hindi isang impostor). Yun lang ang purpose nun sa application.

Hindi kailangan bisitahin or puntahan ang contact person na ilalagay mo sa application.

• hsusonhsuson Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 22
    kateh said:
    Invitation does nothing. Walang advantage at minsan disagvatage pa. If you can afford to go yourself and tour then just say that and leave any invitations off.
    Except pag galing sa White House yung invite  :D
  • smartsimpletonsmartsimpleton Member ✭✭✭
    enigma22 said:
    enigma22 said:
    Hello, i up ko lang po, pasensya na if naulit, need ko lang po talaga ng inputs,
    Hope you can help maraming salamat po! :) :)
    hsuson said:
    enigma22 said:
    Hello po mga kaPExers! Magpapaassess lang po ng profile

No relatives in the US
    No properties/titles

Why Oregon?  They will ask....
    May naginivite po, previous sponsor sa non-profit private agency when I was young (old couple; citizen po). May occasion and vacation nadin po. Would it be better if ibang lugar ilagay ko? Any suggestions po? I know hindi sya ganun kasikat na lugar (na puntahan) sa US, pero medyo nailang ako sa idea na ibang lugar ang sasabihin ko? I mean not comfortable of saying na sa ibang place pupunta instead of the real intended one. Wala rin po ako kakilala sa US (aside from previous my classmate in HS in Florida), sila na lang sana ilalagay ko sa contact person. Hindi ko kasi sure if okay kay classmate na ilagay ko sya as reference, though legal naman po sila nagmigrate sa US. Ayoko naman po mag-impose.

Thank you so much po!
    Yung sponsor route kasi for me has its drawbacks. Parang mas OK na you present yourself as a tourist with no sponsor, and say you have friends in Oregon who you worked with years ago and that you'd like to visit them for a week. Are they sponsoring your entire trip ba?

thank you po sa reply. They will not sponsor, I will be paying for the trip myself. Naginvite lang sila and I will just go and tour with them, pero I'll be paying po. I was just stating kung bakit sa OR and san magstay when I'm there, and that iyon po ang relationship namin kaya kami magkakilala... Would it be better if di ko sila ilagay under place to stay & contact persons? Should I opt for hotel instead?

Thank you very much!
    Ah, okay. I thought they were sponsoring your trip. Hmm, sige, disregard mo na lang first answer ko.

Am thinking na first trip mo sa US, tapos sa Oregon ka pupunta, with friends whom you can stay with. It's really not the first place people visit when they say they want to see the States, so it's a bit suspicious, dun pa lang. Add in to the mix na you're still a young female, and it doesn't look too promising. If you backread, though, there have been some people given visas even if marami silang red flags, so don't be too discouraged.

Are there any places in the US you've been wanting to visit? Kunyari, California (Universal Studios, Disneyland Anaheim, Hollywood, the usual tourist magnets). Baka pwede kang gumawa ng sample detailed itinerary based on that and your budget and then see if it'll pass muster sa interview mo. You have to show na afford mong maging tourist.
  • enigma22enigma22 Member
    Ah, okay. I thought they were sponsoring your trip. Hmm, sige, disregard mo na lang first answer ko.

Am thinking na first trip mo sa US, tapos sa Oregon ka pupunta, with friends whom you can stay with. It's really not the first place people visit when they say they want to see the States, so it's a bit suspicious, dun pa lang. Add in to the mix na you're still a young female, and it doesn't look too promising. If you backread, though, there have been some people given visas even if marami silang red flags, so don't be too discouraged.

Are there any places in the US you've been wanting to visit? Kunyari, California (Universal Studios, Disneyland Anaheim, Hollywood, the usual tourist magnets). Baka pwede kang gumawa ng sample detailed itinerary based on that and your budget and then see if it'll pass muster sa interview mo. You have to show na afford mong maging tourist.
    Yes po actually narealize ko din reading the threads, na hindi po sya common place to go to (more on nature kasi sights doon, if ever, Portland po POE), but hindi rin nmn po sya lugar na as in wala or sobrang layo sa sights talaga.

Regarding po on planning a different itinerary, kabado lang ako kasi na hindi ko madala ng maayos ang interview knowing na iba nmn talaga ang plans, newbie worries naku. Paano kaya ehehe. If ever i continue with a different plan, hotel nalang po ba ilagay ko sa contact?

Thank you for your answer po, naapreciate ko. :)

Sa iba po, eto po profile ko, baka po may iba kayong opinion, willing to listen po hehe, I appreciate all the help and opinions ninyo po.

No relatives in the US
    No properties/titles
    Will pay for my trip

• Naked_SalvationNaked_Salvation Moderator PEx Moderator

If you state sa DS160 mo na may kilala ka sa US or may immediate family ka, of course, in a way imortante yun kasi it'll show consistency sa sagot mo.

Pero kung wala ka naman kilala, as per DS160, kailangan mo pa rin ilagay yung contact nung pagste-stay-an mo like yung AirBnB mo or hotel.

• smartsimpletonsmartsimpleton Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 22
    enigma22 said:

Yes po actually narealize ko din reading the threads, na hindi po sya common place to go to (more on nature kasi sights doon, if ever, Portland po POE), but hindi rin nmn po sya lugar na as in wala or sobrang layo sa sights talaga.

Regarding po on planning a different itinerary, kabado lang ako kasi na hindi ko madala ng maayos ang interview knowing na iba nmn talaga ang plans, newbie worries naku. Paano kaya ehehe. If ever i continue with a different plan, hotel nalang po ba ilagay ko sa contact?

Thank you for your answer po, naapreciate ko. :)

Sa iba po, eto po profile ko, baka po may iba kayong opinion, willing to listen po hehe, I appreciate all the help and opinions ninyo po.

No relatives in the US
    No properties/titles
    Will pay for my trip

Portland's a pretty hipster town, tho. Parang weird cousin siya ng Seattle sa pagka-hipster. Not saying there aren't sights there, or things to do -- it's just not part of the usual tourist agenda.

Why not just say you want to visit Seattle since it's only about a 3-hour drive from Portland? Seattle's a pretty popular city for tourism and more well-known internationally. At least mas malapit siya sa itinerary mo :) 

ETA Yes, kailangan contact number ng hotel / motel / b&b / AirBnb mo yung ilagay mo sa form.
    @mallows1104

As much as possible, yes. And it should be somebody you met in person. 
  • hungryHhungryH Member
    Ano po sa steps below ang mauuna? Paki arrange po sa tamang order. =)
    -Pay Visa Fee 
    -Fill Out DS 160
    -Schedule an Interview
  • feelinluckyfeelinlucky Member ✭✭
    sue21 said:
    Hello everyone, I’m seeking an assessment sa case ko po. I’m 26 years old, single, 3 years na sa work (US-based company) with 30k+ salary and a 100k+ savings, I have a life insurance with investment link for 2 years now (PRULIFE UK). IT college graduate, but currently studying a new short course or training program for my new career which is Digital Marketing-related and will take a certification exam after. I only have few travel history, all were in Asian countries, Singapore, Hong Kong, South Korea, and Taiwan. My boyfriend of 8 years and his immediate family are legal permanent residents in the USA, they’re currently living in New York. We’re on a long distance relationship for 2 years. I’m planning to apply for a visa without him knowing. I want to surprise him kasi.

Do I have a good chance of getting approved? Do I have to tell about my boyfriend? Baka po kasi isipin nila magpapakasal kami, but not. Or should I tell that I'm only applying to go on a tour.

Thanks a lot.

Don’t ever tell them that you have a boyfriend here. 100 percent denied. your profile is good. Goodluck! 
  • threeciabeethreeciabee Member
    @michymichymoo

Hello po! The problem is, baka hindi ako bigyan ng school since my status is dismissed. :( If ever hindi po ako makakuha sa school, should I still put student then iexplain ko nalang yung case ko (na babalik at babalik naman talaga ako since tatapusin ko pa pagaaral ko next year) or ilagay ko nalang na unemployed? Sobrang hindi ko na po kasi talaga alam gagawin ko, eh nakabayad na kami ng fee. Huhu
    Why dismissed? 
    I earned 0 units po kasi from the previous semester (Aug-Dec 2017) because of INC grades. So di po ako nakapagenroll last sem (Jan-May 2018). I will apply for readmission pero bale next year (Jan-May 2019) na po ako makakapasok ulit. Last sem ko na po yun at graduation sa June 2019 hopefully.
    @michymichymoo

Hello po! The problem is, baka hindi ako bigyan ng school since my status is dismissed. :( If ever hindi po ako makakuha sa school, should I still put student then iexplain ko nalang yung case ko (na babalik at babalik naman talaga ako since tatapusin ko pa pagaaral ko next year) or ilagay ko nalang na unemployed? Sobrang hindi ko na po kasi talaga alam gagawin ko, eh nakabayad na kami ng fee. Huhu
    Why dismissed? 
    I earned 0 units po kasi from the previous semester (Aug-Dec 2017) because of INC grades. So di po ako nakapagenroll last sem (Jan-May 2018). I will apply for readmission pero bale next year (Jan-May 2019) na po ako makakapasok ulit. Last sem ko na po yun at graduation sa June 2019 hopefully.
    Then you can probably show your unofficial transcript?
  • katehkateh Member ✭✭✭
    hungryH said:
    Ano po sa steps below ang mauuna? Paki arrange po sa tamang order. =)
    -Pay Visa Fee 
    -Fill Out DS 160
    -Schedule an Interview
    DS160
    Pay the Fee (you cannot pay the fee before filling up the DS160 because you will need the confirmation number to pay)
    Schedule Interview (hindi ka makakapag-schedule ng di nagbabayad dahil you need to enter the receipt number para makapag-schedule interview)
  • sue21sue21 PExer
    sue21 said:

Thanks a lot.

Risky if you will declare that you have a boyfriend in the U.S., so I will suggest na if you have a friend or relative sa U.S. na yung can declare, then do that. :D
    Thank you! 🤗 
  • hsusonhsuson Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 23
    sue21 said:

RED FLAG: Single 26, F, Savings barely enough to pay for US trip, medyo Low Salary, Few Travels

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file