COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

Love, Simon

forgforg Administrator PEx Moderator
TEEN ROMANCE MOVIE “LOVE, SIMON” FIRST LOOK REVEAL IS BIG WITH FEELS
via press release

LOVE_SIMON.jpg

20th Century Fox has recently released the first look photos of 2018’s most awaited teen movie “Love, Simon”, directed by Greg Berlanti and based on the YA novel Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli.

At the heels and feels of the highly successful “The Fault In Our Stars”, the movie that gave the world the most unforgettable teenage love story, “Love, Simon” tells the coming-of-age story of Simon Spier (played by Nick Robinson), who has yet to tell his family and friends that he’s gay and that he’s fallen for an anonymous classmate online. Resolving both issues proves hilarious, terrifying and life-changing. “Love, Simon” is a funny and heartfelt story about the thrilling ride of finding yourself and falling in love.

Directed by Greg Berlanti (Riverdale, The Flash), “Love, Simon” also stars Katherine Langford (from 13 Reasons Why), Alexandra Shipp, Jorge Lendeborg, Miles Heizer, Keiynan Lonsdale, Logan Miller, Jennifer Garner, Josh Duhamel, Tony Hale.

“There’s this one section of the film where Simon imagines this one boy and imagines them kissing underneath the mistletoe at Christmas,” says Berlanti in recent interviews. “In every other major studio film, it’s always the guy and the girl. And there was something so powerful about it being just a guy imagining himself with this other guy in a film again that was going to be marketed and sold as a mainstream romantic comedy.”

“Love, Simon” opens May 9, 2018 from 20th Century Fox to be distributed by Warner Bros. Follow 20th Century Fox (Ph) on Facebook, 20thcenturyfoxph on IG and YouTube, @20centuryfox on Twitter.

Comments

• forgforg Administrator PEx Moderator
    "LOVE, SIMON" TRAILER REVEAL
    via press release

LOVE_SIMON.jpg

From blockbuster filmmakers Wyck Godfrey and Marty Bowen ("Fault In Our Stars", "Maze Runner" and "Twilight") comes another highly-anticipated YA movie "Love, Simon" - about a boy's coming out and finally facing his anonymous correspondent online whom he's fallen in love with.

Everyone deserves a great love story. In "Love, Simon", seventeen-year old Simon Spier's (Nick Robinson) situation is a little more complicated: he’s yet to tell his family or friends he’s gay and he doesn’t actually know the identity of the anonymous classmate he’s fallen for online. Resolving both issues proves hilarious, terrifying and life-changing.

Directed by Greg Berlanti (Dawson’s Creek, Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl ), written by Isaac Aptaker & Elizabeth Berger (This is Us), and based on Becky Albertalli’s acclaimed novel, "Love, Simon" is a funny and heartfelt coming-of-age story about the thrilling ride of finding yourself and falling in love.

The cast of "Love, Simon" also includes today's fast-rising talents - Katherine Langford and Miles Heizer (from Netflix's "13 Reasons Why"), Alexandra Shipp (who played young Storm in "X-Men: Apocalypse"), Logan Miller ("Walking Dead"), Jorge Lendeborg ("Spiderman: Homecoming") and Keynan Lonsdale ("The Flash") with Jennifer Garner and Josh Duhamel.

LOVE, SIMON opens May 9 in PH cinemas from 20th Century Fox.

Facebook: facebook.com/20thcenturyfoxphilippines
    Twitter: twitter.com/20centuryfoxph
    Instagram: instagram.com/20thcenturyfoxph
    ACCLAIMED GREG BERLANTI BEHIND RIVERDALE & ARROWVERSE DIRECTS LATEST YA MOVIE “LOVE, SIMON”
    via press release

alexandra_shipp_nick_robinson_katherine_langford_LOVE_SIMON.jpg

Acclaimed filmmaker Greg Berlanti, the force behind the most inventive and acclaimed works in film and television who has been credited with being at the forefront of introducing gay characters and storylines into mainstream entertainment helms the upcoming funny and heartfelt coming-of-age story about the thrilling ride of finding yourself and falling in love in “Love, Simon”.

Berlanti is best known for his work in The CW’s Arrow, The Flash, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, and Supergirl, collectively referred to as The CW’s Arrowverse. Additionally, Berlanti serves as executive producer on The CW’s Riverdale, Black Lightning, and NBC’s Blindspot. He started in television as a staff writer on the hit show Dawson’s Creek where he was promoted to showrunner by his second year on the series.

“Love, Simon” was adapted from Becky Albertalli’s young adult novel Simon vs The Homo Sapien’s Agenda. Published in January 2012, the book won the William C. Morris Award for Best Young Adult Debut of the Year and was included in the National Book Award Longlist.

The movie stars today’s up and coming exciting young actors Nick Robinson (Everything, Everything), Katherine Langford (13 Reasons Why), Alexandra Shipp (X-Men: Apocalypse), Logan Miller (Before I Fall), Jorge Lendeborg Jr. (Alita: Battle Angel) and Keiynan Lonsdale (The Flash) along with award-winning Jennifer Garner and versatile actor Josh Duhamel.

Directed by Berlanti, with a screenplay by Elizabeth Berger & Isaac Aptaker, “Love, Simon” finds seventeen-year old Simon Spier in a love story that is a little more complicated than the ordinary teen: he’s yet to tell his family or friends he’s gay and he doesn’t actually know the identity of the anonymous classmate he’s fallen for online. Resolving both issues proves hilarious, terrifying and life-changing not just for him but also those around him.

Producers Wyck Godfrey and Marty Bowen have become adept at recognizing literature that is ideal for screen adaptation. Having produced the phenomenally successful Twilight series and the adaptations of The Fault in Our Stars and The Longest Ride, they saw the big screen potential of Albertalli’s story.

“We produce a lot of movies in the young adult space,” says Godfrey. “Every time, you're trying to find something new and different and fresh that feels like it hasn't been done before. And fundamentally, we'd never seen a high school romantic comedy with a gay teenage lead. And so that was the thing with the book: we all read it and said, ‘Oh my God, nobody's done this.’ Nobody's just unabashedly openly made a movie about a kid that's going through the process that every gay individual goes through of figuring out their identity and when they should come out. And played it against this great, mysterious, evolving romance. With this anonymous guy online. And the book was hilarious. And the character of Simon was such a winning, lovable, kind of embraceable character that we thought it was worth developing.”

“Love, Simon” opens May 9 in Philippine cinemas from 20th Century Fox
  • DAKINDAKIN IMTV Cockatoo PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    CERTIFIED FRESH!!! :cheers:

[TWEET]

pero May 9 pa sa atin???? :bop:

around that time ilalabas na sa Amazon ang HD Streaming malamang.
  • paddylastpaddylast Cut & Run Disciple PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Ang tagal ng release dito :# 
    Matatabunan na siya ng Avengers: Infinity and other films.
    I've read the book and I didn't like it pero mukhang ma's interesting to.

“LOVE, SIMON” BRINGS UNIVERSAL YA FEELS STARTING MAY 9 IN PHILIPPINE CINEMAS

WITH WHOLE DAY SNEAK PREVIEWS ON APRIL 30 AND MAY 1

via press release

From 20th Century Fox and producers Wyck Godfrey and Marty Bowen of Temple Hill Entertainment, producers of the phenomenally successful Twilight series and The Fault in Our Stars comes “Love, Simon”, the most socially relevant YA film ever to be produced, overflowing with universal feels based on the book by Becky Albertalli.

“Love, Simon” stars this generation’s coolest actors with Nick Robinson in the title role.  Robinson’s recent films include “Jurassic World,” “Everything, Everything” and “The 5th Wave.”  Along with Robinson, Katherine Langford also stars as Robinson’s best friend, she is best known for her role as Hannah Baker from the phenomenal Netflix series “13 Reasons Why”.  Completing the impressive young cast are Keiynan Lonsdale (CW’s “The Flash”), Miles Heizer (“13 Reasons Why”), Alexandra Shipp (“X-Men: Apocalypse”), Jorge Lendeborg Jr. (“Spiderman: Homecoming”), Logan Miller (“Before I Fall”), Talitha Bateman (“Annabelle: Creation”) with Jennifer Garner and Josh Duhamel.  Now a major motion picture, the movie opens up with seventeen-year old Simon Spier’s (Robinson) a little more complicated life: he’s yet to tell his family or friends he’s gay and he doesn’t actually know the identity of the anonymous classmate he’s fallen for online.

“The movie is about family and love.  But it is also about secrets,” says Jennifer Garner, who plays Robinson’s mother in the movie. “It’s about letting them out, being who you are and having the courage to really stand up for yourself and say what you need to say. And the movie deals with these themes and the theme of being yourself but in a fun and refreshing way.  There is definitely some fun in the movie and it’s not all drama.”

One of the major themes of “Love, Simon” is living your truth, learning to be and accepting yourself. As director Greg Berlanti explains: “It is never too early to be who you are.  There are a lot of kids who don’t get to come out in high school and Simon is outed, pulled out, but he learns to accept who he is and live with his own truth and being himself.”

The movie encourages the audience to be courageous and true to themselves.                Nick Robinson agrees, “I think everyone had been through this at some point in their lives.  Trying to find yourself and being the person that you were meant to be is very universal.  I think everybody can relate to that.”

Alexandra Shipp who also forms part of Simon’s core group of friends adds, “I think a lot of teenagers can relate to the struggle because I think that a lot of teenagers are struggling with finding themselves.  They don’t know who they are.  They don’t have an idea of who they want to be when they grow up.  It’s not just about sexuality.  It’s about who you really are.  Not who you sleep with but who you really are on this planet.”

“At the end of the day,” observes Langford, “This is a big studio making a pro-LGBTQ film and that’s just very cool, you know?”  Adds director Greg Berlanti: “It wasn't a story that I felt already existed.  It reflects my own high school experience yet still feels like it’s for everybody, you know? Where the central point of view was something that rang close to home, but what the film had to say was something that everyone could relate to.”

“Love, Simon” opens May 9 nationwide from 20th Century Fox – with whole day sneak previews on April 30 and May 1. 

Sneak Previews available at
    SM Mega Mall, SM North, Gateway Mall. (via clickthecity)
    Not sure about the other cinemas

Will watch it later!!! Yay!!!

Grammy®Award-Winning Musician Jack Antonoff Behind the Music of “LOVE, SIMON” 

(via press release) This year’s most talked about and conversation-starter YA movie “Love, Simon” stars this generation’s coolest actors with Nick Robinson in the title role.  Robinson’s recent films include “Jurassic World,” “Everything, Everything” and “The 5th Wave.”  Along with Robinson, Katherine Langford also stars as Robinson’s best friend, she is best known for her role as Hannah Baker from the phenomenal Netflix show “13 Reasons Why”.  Completing the impressive young cast are Keiynan Lonsdale (CW’s “The Flash”), Miles Heizer (“13 Reasons Why”), Alexandra Shipp (“X-Men: Apocalypse”), Jorge Lendeborg Jr. (“Spiderman: Homecoming”), Logan Miller (“Before I Fall”), Talitha Bateman (“Annabelle: Creation”) with Jennifer Garner and Josh Duhamel. 

Based from the globally-loved book by Becky Albertalli, “Love, Simon” revolves around sixteen-year-old and not openly gay Simon Spier who starts a secret email flirtation with another closeted schoolmate. But when one of his emails falls into the wrong hands, Simon’s secret is at risk of going public. He finds himself being blackmailed by a socially awkward, yet overtly confident classmate.  Worse, the privacy of ‘Blue’, the pen name of the boy he’s been emailing, will be public too.

“The film is definitely centered around the character,” acknowledges Robinson. “His voice and his point of view.  His comic sensibilities.  I think that is what makes it unique for this genre. I also think that is where a lot of the comedy comes from because he can turn situations that might seem bleak to some and find the humor in them.  That was something I found very appealing.”

Like many of the movies that inspired “Love, Simon”, music is an integral part of the film and the songs on the soundtrack were always going to be an important aspect of the production. To this end, the filmmakers appointed three-time Grammy®Award-winning singer, songwriter, musician, and producer Jack Antonoff as executive music producer of the soundtrack.

Antonoff is probably best known for his work as lead singer and songwriter of the band Bleachers and lead guitarist of the indie rock band fun. “When I met Greg Berlanti,” he recalls, “he started showing me clips and I think they had temped in some of my music, which might have been the seed of me being asked to get involved. We started discussing his feelings on the film and he talked about this sort of modern John Hughes feeling, which meant a lot to me.  Then I saw the film and it was beautiful.  I absolutely loved it. I totally got it and the way it was both a good time and incredibly emotional all at once.”

Although a few Antonoff songs have appeared in films before, the songwriter had never created music specifically for a film: “It was new for me and the only reason I felt okay about doing it is because I really felt got it.  It really spoke to me. The first time I saw the film, the Bleachers song, “Wild Heart,” played at the end and as soon as I saw that, I thought I could back up from there.  I, thought, ‘Okay, that works’.  And I didn’t write that for the film.  But it sits in so perfectly, so I know which pieces of that I could take and make new work.” The final soundtrack contains 13 songs, including classic tracks from The Jackson 5 and Whitney Houston, as well as several Bleachers songs and new material from Antonoff – including the single “Alfie’s Song (Not So Typical Love Song)” performed by Bleachers.

“To me, that song is the feeling of LOVE, SIMON – both extremely upbeat and extremely emotional all at once,” says Antonoff.  “It’s a song you could put it on in a car with your friends or at a party but then the lyrics sneak in these moments that are very emotional.  And that’s what the film did for me.”

“Love, Simon” opens May 9 from 20th Century Fox.

OST List

1.       Alfie’s Song (Not So Typical Love Song) – Bleachers

2.       Rollercoaster – Bleachers

3.       Never Fall in Love – mø, Jack Antonoff

4.       Strawberries & Cigarettes – Troye Sivan

5.       Sink In – Amy Shark

6.       Love Lies – Khalid, Normani

7.       The Oogum Boogum Song – Brenton Wood

8.       Love Me – The 1975

9.       I Wanna Dance with Somebody – Whitney Houston

10.   Someday at Christmas – The Jackson 5

11.   Wings – Haerts

12.   Keeping a Secret – Bleachers

13.   Wild Heart – Bleachers 

I am absolutely delighted by this movie adaptation! The book didn't do much for me but this one just made me appreciate it more. Nick was very charming and funny! I love Duhamel too. It thought he'd be awkward as the 'awkward' dad but he's incredibly charming here.
    Fave scene: Mom and Simon's heart to heart talk. The "You can exhale now" was such a tearjerker.

I loved that Berlanti did not demonized Martin's character here but I was maybe hoping that one of the most intense scene would be Simon confronting Martin about HIM taking away his right to come out in his own terms. 

Super sulit! I wished more people will watch it. Too bad, it'll be affected by the Infinity War but if you're looking for an alternative watch, then you should really check this out.

13 REASONS WHY KATHERINE LANGFORD LOVES SIMON

Australian actress Katherine Langford has garnered global recognition and critical acclaim as ‘Hannah Baker’ in Netflix series “13 Reasons Why” which became a worldwide phenomenon shortly after its 2017 release on the global platform. 

Katherine plays Leah, best friend to her secretly gay friend whom she also has feelings for in her latest, most talked about movie within the young adult sphere “Love, Simon” that also stars Nick Robinson in the title role along with Jennifer Garner, Josh Duhamel, Alexandra Shipp, Logan Miller, Jorge Lendeborg Jr. and Keiynan Lonsdale.   

“Love, Simon” is based on Becky Albertalli’s book “Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda” where  not openly gay Simon Spier starts a secret email flirtation with another closeted classmate. But when one of his emails falls into the wrong hands, Simon’s secret is at risk of going public.  And if Simon won’t agree with his clasmate… well, his sexual identity might just become public knowledge. Worse, the privacy of ‘Blue’, the pen name of the boy he’s been emailing, will be public too.

Here’s why Katherine has so much love for “Love, Simon” and the rest of her co-stars:

1.       It kind of encompasses a lot about what it felt like what being in high school is about.

2.       The movie encourages people to be brave.

3.       From her first TV show (13 Reasons Why) to her first film “Love, Simon”, being so different yet united it the sense that both stories are  authentic, truthful and meaningful.

4.       The set of “Love, Simon” was really lighthearted, but with passion and real focus.

5.       The journey of seeing someone realize that they need to truly be themselves by admitting their sexuality is a fairly universal thing today. 

6.       The film is a John Hughes meets John Green – a great mix of classic and contemporary relatable high school characters and issues.

7.       This is a big studio making a pro-LGBTQ film, which is very cool.

8.       Movie is based on the award-winning bestselling beloved book by Becky Albertalli “Simon vs The Homo Sapien’s Agenda”

9.       The movie is something new and different and fresh that feels like it hasn't been done before.

10.   Her character Leah is very creative that manifests in her daily choice of fashion, depending on her mood.

11.   Director Greg Berlanti - “He was the perfect person to direct this for a number of reasons, he has such a vision that is kind of nostalgic whilst also being current.”

12.   Her role as Leah resonated well with that feeling in high school wanting to really be your authentic self.

13.   “I think it is something you will go into and come out of feeling better but also take away a really important message from.”

Jennifer Garner who plays mom to Simon says, “This movie is about a number of things, including family.  The family you are born in to and the family that you create for yourself with friends.  Especially that precious group when you are in those teenage years and they mean everything to you.  It's also about having the courage to really stand up for yourself and say what you need to say."

“Love, Simon” opens May 9 in theatres nationwide from 20th Century Fox. 

• mars11mars11 引きこもり PEx Guru 🎖️🎖️
    Napanood ko na rin sa wakas.

I love everything from the start until.......

that carnival scene....wala naman silang chemistry ni e-mail pal. chaka yung black actor. :o Mas guapo pa nga yung barkada niya na black eh. =) Sana nagpalit na lang sila ng roles. LOL

naiyak ako sa mga dramatic moments in fairness.

edited May 2018
    mas marami pang mga girls ang nanood kaysa sa targeted audience nito.
    Nagulat ako nagtitilian sila sa pag-amin ni Simon kay Abby.
    Horror ba ito? :lol:

Lalo na yung sa ferris wheel scene. OMG nagpapalakpakan ang mga hitad.
    Todo cheer sila.

I dunno wala lang chemistry talaga.
    Mas gusto ko pa yung waiter at si pianist.
    Lalo na yung gardener :lol:
  • Neithan021Neithan021 Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    DAKIN said:
    mas marami pang mga girls ang nanood kaysa sa targeted audience nito.
    Nagulat ako nagtitilian sila sa pag-amin ni Simon kay Abby.
    Horror ba ito? :lol:

Lalo na yung sa ferris wheel scene. OMG nagpapalakpakan ang mga hitad.
    Todo cheer sila.

I dunno wala lang chemistry talaga.
    Mas gusto ko pa yung waiter at si pianist.
    Lalo na yung gardener :lol:
    Based sa book, Kuha talaga nung guy ung character ni Blue. 

But it would be perfect kung si pianist nga talaga. Hahaha
    Di ba ang mistletoe scene? Doon lang ako muntikan tumili. =)
    Sinira lang ng ferris wheel scene. Kainis!

I want my money back! Joke.

• Naked_SalvationNaked_Salvation Moderator PEx Moderator
    I felt that the last scene, parang medyo rush yung pagkaka-execute. Parang napaka-anti climactic. But it's a fun movie to watch. Gusto ko yung mga subtle humor na naka-inject sa scenes.

Oh, and this... "But you get to exhale now, Simon. You get to be more you than you have been in, in a very long time. You deserve everything you want." My eyes started leaking. 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file