💳 CC | Best Cards for Travel Rewards 😉 | Frequent Flyer Program (FFP)

hi,

first time kong magaapply ng credit card at gusto ko sanang malaman kung anong bank ang galante magbigay ng flyer miles. thanks!

Comments

• tsiakhyietsiakhyie purple ink, red shirt PExer
    Pardon my ignorance, but the only local (PH) credit card I know that has flyer miles is the one issued by allied bank.
  • yingying27yingying27 Maria Makiling PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Well i think what the previous poster said is correct, mataas nga ang bigay ng allied bank. You can go check Philippine Airlines website to know ang affliated banks.
    I think most of the banks are tied up with some sort of airline miles promo pero sa credit cards points nila binabawas. Like for BDO, u earn 1 BDO credit card point for every 50 pesos charged and if u accumulate points mayroon silang item sa rewards book nila that says that u an exchange so and so points for Mabuhay Miles.
    Most credit card companies have this pero compute mo din kung ano mas mura ha.
    Kc like for me, I am planning on going to Hawaii next year and I was also looking into a milleagd card. Aftet computations later, na-realize ko na its better jusy to buy tickets from Hawaiian Air at about $800-$900 per ticket round trip than to earn miles and use the miles to buy a PAL ticket which costs $1200, i believe.
    It really depends kung saang lugar ka rin pupunta. I think in theory, ok din ang Cebu Pac Citibank card. Havent availed of it yet pero i like the idea of never expiring points plus you can use it on CEB's numerous promos!! I think thats really cool. ^_^
  • noob_aseronoob_asero Member PExer
    I will apply for Citi Premier Miles para applicable sya for international flights.
    Try kong hanapin yung computation sheets ko and post ko here. ^_^
  • ihcahiehihcahieh Polyglot ▪ Skater ▪ Alien PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^Naka redeem na ako ng 500 peso voucher so far sa Cebupac Citibank. Planning to transfer all my bills there, para mas maraming vouchers! Hahaha. Computation nila is 100 pesos = 1 peso voucher. Mura ba ito lumalabas? In any case wala naman akong ibang pinaggagamitan ng points, so ok na rin sa akin ito. Cebupac lang naman ako lagi sumasakay.
    Found my computations for Philippine Airlines...

Allied Bank
    33 pesos = 1 Mile

Banco de Oro
    3 Reward Points = 1 Mile
    1 Reward Point = 50 pesos
    150 pesos = 1 Mile

BPI
    5000 points = 1000 Miles
    5 points = 1 Mile
    35 pesos = 1 Point
    35(5)pesos = 1 Mile
    175 pesos = 1 Mile

PNB
    1 point = 1 Mile
    50 pesos = 1 point
    50 pesos = 1 Mile

Citibank Premier Miles
    1 point = 1 Mile
    40 pesos = 1 point
    40 pesos = 1 Mile

UCPB
    3.25 points = 1 Mile
    30 pesos = 1 point
    3.25 (30) pesos = 1 Mile
    97.5 pesos = 1 Mile

Standard Chartered
    10 points = 1 Mile
    10 pesos = 1 point
    10 (10) pesos = 1 Mile
    100 pesos = 1 Mile

Security Bank
    3130 points = 1000 Miles
    30 pesos = 1 point
    3130 (30) pesos = 1000 Miles
    93.9 pesos = 1 Mile

East West Bank
    1.5 points = 1 Mile
    100 pesos = 1 point
    1.5 (100) pesos = 1 Mile
    150 pesos = 1 Mile

Union Bank
    1 point = 3 Miles
    200 pesos =1 point
    66.67 pesos = 1 Mile

Metrobank
    2.5 points = 1 Mile
    20 pesos = 1 point
    2.5 (20) pesos = 1 Mile
    50 pesos = 1 Mile

The best would be Allied Bank with 33 pesos to a Mile followed by Citibank's Premier Miles Card at 40 pesos per Mile.

I forgot where I placed the Cebu Pac computations but since Cebu Pac rates are cheaper than PAL, I think that there's no contest there.

Oh yeah, BDO rewards points (different from the credit card points) can also be exchanged for Asia Miles. I also looked into that but the rates are so high. I abandoned the idea.

Sorry if this has been too long. :bashful:
  • heungheung Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    ^^

HSBC Visa Platinum

10 pesos = 1 Bonus Point
    3 Points = 1 Mile
    30 pesos = 1 Mile

Bonus Point expiration:

Platinum Card Holder - 3 years
    Classic Card Holder - 2 years
    ihcahieh wrote: »
    ^Naka redeem na ako ng 500 peso voucher so far sa Cebupac Citibank. Planning to transfer all my bills there, para mas maraming vouchers! Hahaha. Computation nila is 100 pesos = 1 peso voucher. Mura ba ito lumalabas? In any case wala naman akong ibang pinaggagamitan ng points, so ok na rin sa akin ito. Cebupac lang naman ako lagi sumasakay.

Hi! Here's the thing, ok naman yung rate na yan. You're getting back 1%. Naisip ko na rin yan kaya lang mas malaki ang naibibigay na rebates ng Cashback card.

I think magiging mahaba uli ang post ko. Sorry in advance... >_< and sorry if off topic.

Tha Cashback card gives you 2% back for purchases for grocery, dining out and department store purchases and meralco bills... However if you spend 10k on non-grocery items then they give you 5% on grocery. How does this all come together?

Here's scenario,
    1. spend 10k on meralco bills, dining and department stores for a total rebate of 200 pesos. (these are the only ones they will give rebates on, Mercury and Watsons are not included)

2. then spend 16k on groceries and get a rebate of 800 pesos.

They have a monthly cap of 1000 pesos for the rebates so even if you charge more than that a month you wont get rebates anymore.

After that, you can charge it on one of your other cards.

I have the Cashback and the Rewards card. I like the Rewards card because they give you 100 pesos off movie tickets for every 2500 pesos spent anywhere and that's 4%, but if you're not a movie junkie then the next best card is the CebuPac card at 1%.
    heung wrote: »
    ^^

HSBC Visa Platinum

10 pesos = 1 Bonus Point
    3 Points = 1 Mile
    30 pesos = 1 Mile

Bonus Point expiration:

Platinum Card Holder - 3 years
    Classic Card Holder - 2 years

Is this for PAL?

I missed this. Thanks!

But the PAL website says this for HSBC

Classic Visa / MasterCard and Red MasterCard: 15 Bonus Points

Premier MasterCard: 12 Bonus Points

Gold Visa / MasterCard and Advance Visa: 10 Bonus Points

Platinum Visa: 6 Bonus Points

So that would make the Plat 60 pesos=1 Mile?
  • heungheung Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    yingying27 wrote: »
    Is this for PAL?

I missed this. Thanks!

But the PAL website says this for HSBC

Classic Visa / MasterCard and Red MasterCard: 15 Bonus Points

Premier MasterCard: 12 Bonus Points

Gold Visa / MasterCard and Advance Visa: 10 Bonus Points

Platinum Visa: 6 Bonus Points

So that would make the Plat 60 pesos=1 Mile?

Yes correct. sorry mali ako.
    for every 6 bonus points ay 1 mile.

6 bonus point = 60 pesos
    60 pesos = 1 mile

mali din yung sabi kasi sa akin ng CSR sa hotline, ang sabi kasi for every 3 bonus points is equivalent ng 1 mile. mali pala :D
  • ihcahiehihcahieh Polyglot &#9642; Skater &#9642; Alien PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    yingying27 wrote: »
    Hi! Here's the thing, ok naman yung rate na yan. You're getting back 1%. Naisip ko na rin yan kaya lang mas malaki ang naibibigay na rebates ng Cashback card.

I think magiging mahaba uli ang post ko. Sorry in advance... >_< and sorry if off topic.

Tha Cashback card gives you 2% back for purchases for grocery, dining out and department store purchases and meralco bills... However if you spend 10k on non-grocery items then they give you 5% on grocery. How does this all come together?

Here's scenario,
    1. spend 10k on meralco bills, dining and department stores for a total rebate of 200 pesos. (these are the only ones they will give rebates on, Mercury and Watsons are not included)

2. then spend 16k on groceries and get a rebate of 800 pesos.

They have a monthly cap of 1000 pesos for the rebates so even if you charge more than that a month you wont get rebates anymore.

After that, you can charge it on one of your other cards.

I have the Cashback and the Rewards card. I like the Rewards card because they give you 100 pesos off movie tickets for every 2500 pesos spent anywhere and that's 4%, but if you're not a movie junkie then the next best card is the CebuPac card at 1%.

Thanks, sobrang helpful para sa mga kagaya kong ******* ***** sa mga ganitong bagay. Hahaha. :)
  • dye_spinnerdye_spinner Banned by Admin PExer
    ^^^ update as of Apr 2013
    Classic 10php - 1point, 22500points for 1500miles. 150php per mile
    Gold and Advance - 20php - 1point, 15000points for 1500miles, 200php per mile
    Platinum - 20php - 1point, 9000points for 1500miles, 120php per mile

Gold, advance have accelerated rewarding

Earn 3X the Bonus Points*when you use your card in the following merchant categories:DiningDefined as all Philippine-based restaurants, bistros, bars and similar establishments that are tagged by the merchant's credit card acquirer as having*Merchant Category*1*Codes 5921, 5814, 5813, 5462 and 5499.*Excluded from this benefit are transactions made at fast food restaurants that accept credit card payments.ShoppingDefined as all Philippine-based department stores, clothing / apparel / accessories stores and similar establishments that are tagged by the merchant's credit card acquirer as having*Merchant Category*1*Codes 5311, 5948, 5699, 5691, 5611, 5621, 5631, 5641, 5651, 5661, 5655, 5137 and 5139. Excluded from this benefit are transactions made at service merchants such as drug stores, gas stations, groceries/supermarkets and convenience stores.*

Platinum same as above but with 4x rewarding as below

Earn 4X BP for*all Foreign Currency transactionsThis covers*all Foreign Currency denominated credit card purchases / transactions made on the card. Excluded from this benefit are cash advance transactions as well credit card transactions made overseas, which were charged in Philippine Pesos (as reflected in the credit card charge slip)

Condition for gold and advance

A minimum accumulated spend of PHP2,500 per month is required on the card to earn accelerated points.A maximum, accumulated monthly spend of PHP40,000, across the pre-defined merchant categories, shall earn accelerated points. Amounts in excess of PHP40,000 shall earn the regular Bonus Points following the standard Bonus Points Earn Rate of 1 Bonus Point for every PHP20 spend

For platinum

Min 5, 000 spending max 60000
  • GoshDarnItGoshDarnIt dans une situation terrible PExer
    Hi, I'm also considering getting a credit card primarily for earning miles. I don't mind not getting other perks. Here's my scenario:

I plan to charge around 25k a month on that card, and I have plans of going on trips abroad (East Asia, Middle East, Europe and the USA), 2 or 3 trips a year.

I've narrowed down my choices to the following credit cards:
    BPI Delta
    Citibank Premier Miles
    Unionbank Miles+

Which of the above do you think I should get? Is there any other credit card worth considering?
  • EjaxeneEjaxene Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Does anybody have BDO's Cathay Pacific card?
  • almand003almand003 Member PExer
    it all depends kung anong airline normally kasi sinasakyan, hindi magfifit sa lahat na puedeng best. Normally book sa credit card to get the points then after ng trip points naman na binibigay ng airline. Medyo pointless kunyari na magaaccumulate ng points for Delta Sky Miles pero laging cebu pacific naman yung route, di ganun kabilis tumaas points sa credit card and hindi din nagaaccumulate yung sky miles per trip. tsaka kahit nonexpiring cc miles yung airline miles normally 3 years expiration with the exception of PAL.

example: almost 20,000 miles din yung hk flight kunyari sa asia miles, so around 700,000 pesos muna dapat magasta (depende sa card) para maavail kung purely credit card points. pero if cathay flight nasa around 1,500 miles yun per trip and around 14,000 pesos per travel (400 points) so around 5-6 trips yun so around 70-84,000 pesos dapat gastusin if sabay na credit card and airlines miles nagaaccumulate

If di naman malakas makaaccumukate ng points and laging PAL or cebupacific, sufficient na PNB Mabuhay Miles or citi cebu pacific. para maredeem sa local destinations.

bdo naman if laging cathay or bpi for delta.

premiere miles pa din pinakaok sa akin sa dami ng airline choice pero baka di applicable sa iba, I normally open a frequent flyer account sa sasakyan ko (like Eva Air last time) and then transfer na lang sa evergreen account and yung site ng eva puedeng combined cash and miles booking so ok lang kahit di ganun kataas natransfer ko enough na for 150usd discount. or nung time na I booked pal caticlan flight, transer ng point sa PAL though sa ibang credit card mas mababa kong makukuha yung pal flight. plus the fact na libre sa MIASCOR lounge.

frequent flyer participants of citi premiere miles- Asia Miles, Executive Club, KrisFlyer, Mabuhay Miles, Royal Orchid Plus, SkyMiles, Etihad Guest, Evergreen/ Infinity Mileagelands, Garuda Frequent Flyer, and Enrich at a rate of 1 PremierMile to 1 air mile.
  • 06Pryor06Pryor Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    Allied Bank
    33 pesos = 1 Mile

Banco de Oro
    Platinum or other BDO Elite Cards as of March 2017
    500 Miles / 1000 points
    1 Mile / 2 points
    1 Reward points = P40
    2 points X P40 = P80 / Mile

Gold as of March 2017
    250 Miles/1250 points
    1Mile/5 points
    1 Reward=P50
    5 points X P50 = P250 / Mile

BPI
    5000 points = 1000 Miles
    5 points = 1 Mile
    35 pesos = 1 Point
    35(5)pesos = 1 Mile
    175 pesos = 1 Mile

PNB
    PNB PAL Mabuhay Miles as of March 2017
    P33 = 1 Mabuhay Mile

1 point = 1 Mile
    50 pesos = 1 point
    50 pesos = 1 Mile

Citibank Premier Miles as of March 2017
    1 point = 1 Mile
    P30 = 1 point
    P30 = 1 Mile

UCPB
    3.25 points = 1 Mile
    30 pesos = 1 point
    3.25 (30) pesos = 1 Mile
    97.5 pesos = 1 Mile

Standard Chartered
    10 points = 1 Mile
    10 pesos = 1 point
    10 (10) pesos = 1 Mile
    100 pesos = 1 Mile

Security Bank
    Platinum as of March 2017
    1000 Miles = 7840 points
    1 Mile = 7.840 points
    P20 = 1 point
    P20 X 7.840 points = P156.80 / Mile

East West Bank
    1.5 points = 1 Mile
    100 pesos = 1 point
    1.5 (100) pesos = 1 Mile
    150 pesos = 1 Mile

Union Bank
    Getgo Platinum as of March 2017
    P30 = 1 Getgo

1 point = 3 Miles
    200 pesos =1 point
    66.67 pesos = 1 Mile

Metrobank
    Platinum or other MCC Premium Cards as of March 2017
    2.5 points = 1 Mile
    20 pesos = 1 point
    P20 X 2.5 poins = P50 / Mile

Regular as of March 2017
    5 points = 1 Mile
    P20 = 1 point
    P20 X 5 points = P100 / Mile
  • 06Pryor06Pryor Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    Buhayin ko lang. I'm planning to travel/backpack these coming years. Since racking up miles through credit card spending would help lessen the expenses of travelling, plus the benefit of accessing our airport lounges for free or with a minimal fee/points, I tried to applying with different Philippine credit card issuers.

Here's some of my review. I have MCC Platinum MC and I recently got their new Travel Platinum Visa card. They also had a promo for newly approved Travel Platinum card. With every accumulated P10,000 spent, you get 1000 miles, maximum of 10,000 miles.

https://www.metrobankcard.com/promotions/travel-platinum-visa-acquisition-promo

I tried redeeming Mabuhay Miles for my Platinum MC and was surprised to find out that I can only redeem up to a MAXIMUM of 10,000 miles PER YEAR. So that was a big bummer since i was planning to at least get a free round trip flight from PAL, MANILA-JAPAN-MANILA, which I was told by PAL that it would cost around 28000 Mabuhay Miles. So bitin Mabuhay Miles ko even though I have enough credit card points to cover miles needed.

I dont know if Travel Platinum would have the same limit on redeemable Mabuhay Miles, pero wouldn't that be idiotic and ironic if nabansagan ka pang "TRAVEL" card, tapos may mga limitations naman pala yung redemption mo ng miles? :lol: I'm still waiting for a reply from MCC for their clarification.

With my BDO Gold naman, another disappointment... I called to redeem my points for Mabuhay Miles. I was told that my 20,000 points would get me 4000 Mabuhay Miles. So I told them to process it. After a few days of contemplating, parang napag isip isip ko na medyo lugi ata. 1 credit card point = P50 spent on my card...so P50 x 20000 points is equal to P1,000,000 spent on my Gold card. If I used my MCC Platinum to spend that amount, I would have gotten 20,000 Mabuhay Miles instead. Pero again, problem with Metrobank is the limit. The only good thing for BDO I think is, there's no limit on redeeming for miles per year. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Union Bank Getgo. early alerts, priority check in on ceb pac flights, free lounge access naia 3. the problem I saw with this card's flight redemption program is, it is based on the current price of your choice of flight. wala din clear explanation or computation how your points are valued. so kung napaka mahal na ng ticket na gusto mo, baka ang labas, parang patak na lang yung getgo points mo.:mecry: unlike PAL's Mabuhay Miles na may FIXED required miles only, for example 28000 miles for a round trip Manila-Japan ticket. Problem naman with Mabuhay is, dependent sa seat availability ang free tickets. No problem getting this card stopped if ever they wont waive annual fees. Kahit pano naman I would still be able to keep my earned points with my separate Getgo Membership card. Here's one review from a blogger regarding Getgo program.

http://dreamtravelonpoints.com/2015/02/cebu-pacifics-getgo-rewards-program-is-getting-better-update/

Security Bank, I was enticed to apply for this card since I read there is no transaction fees for international purchases + free access to NAIA 1 & 3 airport lounge access. Although other cards have fees for transaction, sa mahal ng miles conversion ng Security Bank, I think I would just keep this as back up and for free lounge access. If ever they wouldnt waive my annual fee next year. I wouldn't have any problem getting this cut.

Premiermiles. like what the other members said, eto na ata most promising. points can be used on a wide choice of flights and hotels, unlike PNB Mabuhay Miles na pang PAL lang or Unionbank Getgo na pang Cebu-Pac lang. Maganda din Citi Thank You Reward website nila. You can directly book your flights and hotel and convert your points as discount or full payment if you have enough points. You can also convert it to your suking frequent flyer program, all known airliens are available. Halos sabay sabay ako nag apply nitong mga card, card was dispatched feb 1 until now wala pa din yung card. After i claim the 10k miles of MCC Travel Platinum promo, I would transfer all my utility bills to this card. and make this my main card.

PNB Mabuhay Miles. still no response after sent my application online. Pero since it's the same as Unionbank Getgo that is restricted to one airline, I would just probably keep this as back up. The only card with access to PAL Mabuhay lounge at NAIA T2, but if ayaw din mag waive ng annual fee, then i would also have this cut.
  • vtgfrancisvtgfrancis PExer
    edited October 2018
    Mga masters pa advise naman. I only have 1 EastWest Credit card and I dont use it that much before, pang back up lang and online transaction. Pero ngayon I am planning to get a new CC that will serve as my primary as I am aiming for miles rewards. After careful thought and self analysis I came down to 2 choices. Union Bank Miles+ Platinum or RCBC Visa Infinite. Ano ba maganda kunin between the two? Thank you in advance for any inputs :)
  • Strong7PowerStrong7Power Member PEx Moderator
    edited October 2018
    Mga masters pa advise naman. I only have 1 EastWest Credit card and I dont use it that much before, pang back up lang and online transaction. Pero ngayon I am planning to get a new CC that will serve as my primary as I am aiming for miles rewards. After careful thought and self analysis I came down to 2 choices. Union Bank Miles+ Platinum or RCBC Visa Infinite. Ano ba maganda kunin between the two? Thank you in advance for any inputs :)
    Nakita mo ba an review namin ni Gibsonfan?

TINGNAN: BDO Bank Cards Thread V Page 4
    https://www.pinoyexchange.com/discussion/944770/bdo-banco-de-oro-cards-members-thread-v-basahin-ang-faqs-pahina-1-5-bago-magtanong/p4
  • Strong7Power, thanks for the detailed comparison. Apparently the two best option to get the most of miles reward is Citi Premiere Miles and Metrobank Travel Platinum. Do you think sobrang taas ba ng annual fee? both has 5k. 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file