The Bb. Pilipinas 2017 Pageant Thread

steelbardancersteelbardancer Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
Star-studded line-up seen at Bb. Pilipinas 2017 pageant
By: Robert R. Requintina
Published February 7, 2017, 2:10 PM

71427_637419576314964_1804125368_n.jpg
Bb. Pilipinas (c) facebook | Manila Bulletin

The search for Binibining Pilipinas 2017 is still on but this year’s batch of possible contestants is fast shaping up to be star-studded.

Among this year’s possible candidates are Mariel de Leon, daughter of actors Christopher de Leon and Sandy Andolong; actress Teresita Winwyn Marquez, daughter of Alma Moreno and Joey Marquez; and Michelle Marquez Dee, daughter of former Miss International Melanie Marquez.

If chosen as official candidates, this would be the second time for De Leon and Marquez will join the prestigious national pageant. De Leon first competed in 2013 while Marquez tried to win a title in 2015.

Rachel Peters, 4th Princess at Miss World Philippines 2014, and girlfriend of Camarines Sur Governor Migz Villafuerte; Filipino-Australian model Chanel Olive Thomas, Miss Philippines Air 2015 are also possible contestants, according to Norman Tinio of widely read pageant website, normannorman.com.

“This is going to be a year of reinforced repeaters and strong crossovers. To say that Bb. Pilipinas 2017 is going to be a real battle of beauty and smarts would be an understatement,” said Tinio.

Other names being floated as possible contestants include Sirene Sutton, 1st runner up, Ms Global Philippines 2014; Jehza Huelasr, 1st runner-up, Bb. Pilipinas 2016; Arienne Calingo, 1st Princess, Miss World Philippines 2016; and Katarina Rodriguez, Top 3 finisher at Asia’s Next Top Model contest.

Miss Earth 2012 Stephanie Stefanowitz and Bb. Pilipinas 2013 semifinalist Charmaine Elima have also reportedly expressed their intentions to join the pageant this year.

Comments

• steelbardancersteelbardancer Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    [URL="http://www.philstar.com/entertainment/2017/04/05/1687943/binibining-pilipinas-bets-exude-filipina-beauty-national-costume"][B]Binibining Pilipinas bets exude Filipina beauty in national costume[/B][/URL]
    By Rosette Adel (philstar.com) | Updated April 5, 2017

[IMG]http://media.philstar.com/images/the-philippine-star/entertainment/20170404/bbpilipinas-bets-national-costume.jpg[/IMG]
    [I]In the national costume photoshoot, most Binibining Pilipinas 2017
    hopefuls wore the iconic terno while some stood out wearing Filipino
    tribal and festival costumes. Bb. Pilipinas/Raymon Salda?a[/I]

MANILA, Philippines ? The photos of the 40 candidates of [B]Binibining Pilipinas 2017[/B] in national costumes has been released by the Binibining Pilipinas Charities Inc. early this week.

In the national costume photoshoot, most Binibing Pilipinas 2017 hopefuls wore the iconic terno. Some of them tried to reinvent the terno by making it modern and grander almost seemingly similar to Victorian gown dresses while others stood out wearing Filipino tribal and festival costumes.

The Binibining Pilipinas bets also completed their national costumes with dazzling headpieces and accessories such as fan and umbrella, among others. Others even incorporated symbolic pieces in their outfit.

The photos of the Filipina candidates, taken by photographer Raymond Salda?a\, are now being displayed at an exhibit at the Gateway Mall cinema lobby. The exhibit opened last April 1.

The Binibining Pilipinas bets are set to present their national costumes at a pre-pageant event on April 23. The grand coronation night of the pageant will be held at the Smart Araneta Coliseum on April 30.

Checkout the photos of the Binibining Pilipinas bets as they shine in their respective national costumes:

[IMG]http://media.philstar.com/images/the-philippine-star/entertainment/20170404/bbpilipinas-1-4-national-costume.jpg[/IMG]
    From left to right: Binibing Pilipinas bets Dane Felisse Marasigan (#1),
    Arienne Louise Calingo (#2), Maria Gail Tobes (#3), and Jessica Ramirez (#4).
    Bb. Pilipinas/Raymond Salda?a\

[IMG]http://media.philstar.com/images/the-philippine-star/entertainment/20170404/bbpilipinas-5-8-national-costume.jpg[/IMG]
    From left to right: Binibing Pilipinas bets Joselle Mariano (#5), Benjieleen
    Nama (#6), Jennyline Carla Malpaya (#7), and Leitz Camyll Ang (#8).
    Bb. Pilipinas/Raymond Salda?a","192.168.0.196
    [IMG]http://media.philstar.com/images/the-philippine-star/entertainment/20170404/bbpilipinas-9-12-national-costume.jpg[/IMG]
    From left to right: Binibing Pilipinas bets Vanessa Saliba (#9), Jehza Mae
    Huelar (#10), Kimberly Pajares (#11), and Angelique Celine De Leon (#12).

[IMG]http://media.philstar.com/images/the-philippine-star/entertainment/20170404/bbpilipinas-13-16-national-costume.jpg[/IMG]
    From left to right: Binibing Pilipinas bets Sirene Sutton (#13), Sarah Jireh
    Asido (#14), Maria Angelica De Leon (#15), and Larah Grace Lacap (#16).

[IMG]http://media.philstar.com/images/the-philippine-star/entertainment/20170404/bbpilipinas-17-20-national-costume.jpg[/IMG]
    From left to right: Binibing Pilipinas bets Maria Camille Manalo (#17),
    Nelda Ibe (#18), Rachel Peters (#19), and Christagale Borja (#20).
    Bb. Pilipinas/Raymond Salda?a","192.168.1.153
    [IMG]http://media.philstar.com/images/the-philippine-star/entertainment/20170404/bbpilipinas-21-24-nationalcostume.jpg[/IMG]
    From left to right: Binibing Pilipinas bets Jamaica Elysse Ambal(#21),
    Chanel Olive Thomas (#22), Arah Salientes (#23), and Dindi Joy
    Pajares (#24). Bb. Pilipinas/Raymond Salda?a\

[IMG]http://media.philstar.com/images/the-philippine-star/entertainment/20170404/bbpilipinas-25-28-nationalcostume.jpg[/IMG]
    From left to right: Binibing Pilipinas bets Clarice Marion Villareal (#25),
    Ruffa Nava (#26), Beatrice Valente (#27), and Juliana Kapeundl (#28).

[IMG]http://media.philstar.com/images/the-philippine-star/entertainment/20170404/bbpilipinas-29-32-nationalcostume.jpg[/IMG]
    From left to right: Binibing Pilipinas bets Karla May Manongsong (#29),
    Mae Liezel Ramos (#30), Katarina Sonja Rodriguez (#31), and JCharmaine
    Elima (#32). Bb. Pilipinas/Raymond Salda?a","192.168.1.153
    [IMG]http://media.philstar.com/images/the-philippine-star/entertainment/20170404/bbpilipinas-33-36-nationalcostume.jpg[/IMG]
    From left to right: Binibing Pilipinas bets Kristi Rose Ceque?a (#33),
    Gabriela Patricia Ortega (#34), Thoreen Halvorsen (#35), and Gillian
    Eliza Colcol (#36).Bb. Pilipinas/Raymond Salda?a\

[IMG]http://media.philstar.com/images/the-philippine-star/entertainment/20170404/bbpilipinas-37-40-nationalcostume.jpg[/IMG]
    From left to right: Binibing Pilipinas bets Sammie Anne Legaspi (#37),
    Ana Patricia Asturias (#38), Elizabeth Clenci (#39), Kristel Guelos(#40).
    Bb. Pilipinas/Raymond Salda?a","192.168.1.153
    Officially now| Bb. Pilipinas 2017 is on!
    Posted by Norman on February 4, 2017

img_8865.jpg

Final deadline is on February 24, 2017 at 6PM at the BPCI Office. Red Gate, Smart Araneta Coliseum, Araneta Center QC. Good luck!!!
    lolit-solis.jpg STARTALK Ni Lolit Solis (Pang-Masa) | Updated February 8, 2017

Anak ni Melanie Marquez susubok sa Binibini!

pmmov-Michelle-Marquez-Dee.jpg

Hindi pa kami nagkakausap ni Sandy Andolong kaya hindi pa ako sigurado kung sasali sa Bb. Pilipinas 2017 ang kanyang anak na si Mariel de Leon.

Unang sumali si Mariel sa Bb. Pilipinas noong 2013 pero hindi siya pinalad na manalo. Batchmate niya sa Bb. Pilipinas 2013 si Pia Wurtzbach na first runner up noon.

Maingay rin ang tsismis na may plano si Winwyn Marquez na mag-join uli sa Bb. Pilipinas. Naging contestant si Winwyn noong 2015. Batchmate niya si Pia na sumali sa pangatlong pagkakataon, nakuha ang Bb. Pilipinas-Universe title and the rest is history.

Narinig ko ang balita na interesado na sumali sa Bb. Pilipinas 2017 si Michelle Marquez Dee, ang bunsong anak ni Melanie Marquez at ng ex-husband nito na si Derek Dee.

Kung sasali si Michelle sa Bb. Pilipinas, malaki ang kanyang tsansa na manalo dahil matangkad, maganda at matalino siya. Tiyak na bibigyan si Michelle ng pointers ng kanyang nanay na produkto rin ng Bb. Pilipinas at Miss International noong 1979.

Bago ikasal kay Mark, Winwyn hihirit pa uling sumali sa beacon.

Kung sakali na sasali uli si Winwyn sa Bb. Pilipinas, tiyak na susuportahan siya ng kanyang boyfriend na si Mark Herras.

Very supportive si Mark kay Winwyn at knowing him, beauty queen ng buhay niya ang kanyang trato sa anak nina Alma Moreno at Joey Marquez.

Decided na si Mark na makasama forever si Winwyn dahil ito ang babae na gusto niya na pakasalan. Hindi naman kalabisan kung susubukan ni Winwyn na matupad ang pangarap na maging beauty queen bago sila ikasal ni Mark.
    lolit-solis.jpg TAKE IT TAKE IT Ni Lolit Solis (Pilipino Star Ngayon) | Updated February 12, 2017

Nasa abroad pa rin Catriona Gray hindi pa nakaka-recover sa pagkatalo sa Miss World!

Hindi pa pala bumabalik sa Pilipinas si Miss World Philippines Catriona Gray mula nang sumali ito sa Miss World na ginanap sa Amerika noong December 2016.

Si Cory Quirino, ang former national director ng Miss World Philippines ang nagkuwento na nagbabakasyon pa rin si Catriona sa ibang bansa pero malapit nang bumalik sa Pilipinas ang beauty queen na contract star din ng Viva Artists Agency.

Kung affected si Catriona sa pagkatalo nito sa Miss World 2016, apektado rin si Cory at ito raw ang dahilan kaya nag-babu siya bilang national director ng beauty pageant.

Hindi naman kailangan ni Cory ng stress dahil nakakapagod ang mag-manage ng beauty pageant na kagaya ng Miss World Philippines.

Enough nang nagtagumpay si Cory sa pangarap niya na magkaroon ng Miss World winner sa katauhan ni Megan Young, ang Miss World noong 2013.

Inaasahan na papasok sa showbiz si Catriona dahil dream niya na maging singer.

Inaabangan ang pagbabalik ni Catriona sa Pilipinas dahil marami ang kumukumbinsi sa kanya na sumali sa Bb. Pilipinas 2017.

Ang tanong, susubukan ba ni Catriona na subukan ang kapalaran niya sa Bb. Pilipinas o mas interesado siya na mag-artista, tulad ng kanyang boyfriend na si Clint Bondad?
    Cory Quirino encourages Catriona Gray to join Bb. Pilipinas: "She has my blessing."
    by Jojo Gabinete posted on February 11, 2017 PEP

2017-02-11_18:33:58_catriona-cory.jpg
    IMAGE Cory Quirino's Instagram

Isang makahulugang ngiti ang pinakawalan ni Cory Quirino nang tanungin siya ng PEP.ph (Philippine Entertainment Portal) tungkol sa isyu na umiral ang pulitika sa Miss World 2016 kaya natalo si Catriona Gray, ang Philippine candidate na sinasabing highly-favored na manalo.

Sa kauna-unahang pagkakataon, nagsalita si Quirino tungkol sa desisyon niya na bitawan ang Philippine franchise ng Miss World nang makausap kagabi ng PEP sa art exhibit ng Russian painter na si Natalya Bronzova sa Cultural Center of the Philippines.

“This is the first time I do a one-on-one interview, pero it’s time to move on.

“Six years is quite long for me.

“Sinabi ko na nga sa Miss World Organization na I will just try my best even for a year only.

“But when we won first runner-up with Gwendoline Ruais, sabi ko, 'Teka muna, first runner-up in 2011, baka manalo pa tayo ng korona.'

“So I said, 'Okay, let’s give it one more try.'

“Then, on the second year, we won Top 7, with Queenie Rehman.

“And in 2013, we won the crown with Megan Young and I thought, 'Ok we won the crown, gaano pa ako tatagal dito? How long?

“How much longer should I stay, because beauty pageants are not really my core competence.

“I was just simply challenged by the fact that the Philippines never won the crown for more than 60 years, at that time.

“So I said, 'What if we try our very best and focus on the Miss World crown?'

“ I can keep my promise to deliver the elusive blue crown to the Philippines and sure enough, God answered the prayers of those who are very faithful so we won the crown in 2013.

“Arnold Vegafria took over na, so he can pick up from where I left off.

“I think I paved the road already back to the crown, the second time for the Philippines.

“We delivered already the crown into a different game with Megan Young.

“I’ve done my part.

“I kept my promise to the Filipino people that we will win the crown, in 2011, di ba sinabi ko ‘yon?” pahayag ng dating national director ng Miss World Philippines.

CAN CATRIONA BE THE NEXT PIA WURTZBACH? Sinabi ni Quirino na tulad ng isang ina, nasaktan siya nang matalo si Miss World Philippines 2016 Catriona Gray sa Miss World pageant na ginanap sa Maryland, USA, noong December 18, 2016, dahil alam niya na deserving na manalo ang Filipina beauty.

“Siyempre masakit sa akin dahil parang anak ko na rin siya.

“A national director is always a mother to her candidate.

“When I saw Catriona onstage, lalung-lalo na umiyak siya, she was in tears, holding the Philippine flag.

“I felt really bad for her but she tried her best,” ang sabi ni Cory na napangiti sa tanong kung nangibabaw ang pulitika dahil pinaboran ng mga hurado ang mga kandidata na nanalo.

“Smile na lang.

“With every pageant, you can never tell the outcome of the competition.

“You can just never tell.

“You just have to be prepared,” sagot ni Quirino na suportado ang panawagan ng beauty pageant fans na sumali si Catriona sa Bb. Pilipinas 2017.

“Catriona can join.

“If she asks our permission to join, we can release her.

“She is still under contract with my company CQ Global Quest Inc. and Viva.

“We still have the power to give her her freedom.

“If she wants to join Bb. Pilipinas, she has my blessing.

“I feel she has a strong chance. She should try again.

“She can do a Pia Wurtzbach,” pahayag ni Cory na malaki ang tiwala sa kakayahan ni Catriona.
    Will Wyn Marquez join Binibining Pilipinas for the second time?
    Published February 9, 2017 7:26pm PEP

Kapuso actress Wyn Marquez got pageant fans excited on Thursday after she posted a photo with Jonas Gaffud, the talent manager who is known to have trained beauty queens like Miss Universe 2015 Pia Wurtzbach and Miss International 2016 Kylie Verzosa.

The model-actress joined the Binibining Pilipinas pageant in 2015, winning three special awards—the Best National Costume, Miss Talent, and the She's so JAG Award—as the representative of Parañaque City and finishing in the Top 15.

While she has not stated any plans to join the pageant again this year, Marquez said in her Instagram post, “2017 will be great.”

[instagram]

Gaffud also posted a photo with Marquez and members of the Mercator Artist &

[instagram]

As of posting, neither Gaffud nor Marquez has yet responded to GMA News Online's request for comment.

According to the pageant blog normannorman.com, the Binibining Pilipinas 2017 pageant is expected to be star-studded as possible candidates include Mariel de Leon, daughter of Christopher de Leon and Sandy Andolong; Wyn Marquez, daughter of Alma Moreno and Joey Marquez; and Wyn's cousin Michelle Marquez Dee, daughter of former Miss International titleholder Melanie Marquez.

The submission period for applications for the upcoming national pageant is ongoing and will end on February 24, Friday. — Bianca Rose Dabu/BM, GMA News
    SEEN SCENE (Pilipino Star Ngayon) | Updated February 15, 2017

SCENE: “No” pa rin ang sagot ni Miss World Philippines Catriona Gray sa possibility ng pagsali niya sa Bb. Pilipinas 2017. [#]HuwagPilitinAngAyaw[/#].

SEEN: Ang balita na hindi payag si Mark Herras na sumali uli sa Bb. Pilipinas 2017 ang kanyang girlfriend na si Winwyn Marquez. Ipinagdiwang nina Mark at Winwyn ang Valentine’s Day sa Japan.
    sol-gorgonio.jpgPIK PAK BOOM Ni Sol Gorgonio (Pilipino Star Ngayon) | Updated March 1, 2017

As of presstime, hinihintay pa namin ang desisyon ng Binibining Pilipinas kung sino ang mga nakapasok na official candidates sa taunang beauty pageant.

Elimination kamakalawa lang kung saan 55 aspirants ang ipinakilala sa media. Magtatanggal pa raw sila na baka gawing 40 ang pipiliing official candidates.

Ang daming repeaters, at ang isa sa pinakamalakas ay ang anak nina Christopher de Leon at Sandy Andolong na si Mariel de Leon.

Ang laki ng iginanda ni Mariel at mukhang mas handa na ito ngayon.

Malaking lamang nito ay marunong at magaling siyang sumagot.

Sumali rin ang ilang titleholders mula sa ilang beauty competition kagaya nina Miss Earth 2012 Stephanie Stefanowitz, Miss Philippines Air 2015 Chanel Olive Thomas, at Miss World Philippines 4th Princess Rachel Peters.

Puro magaganda rin at matatalino ang fresh faces na pursigidong makuha ang titulo.

Dinaluhan ni Miss International 2016 Kylie Versoza ang naturang selection para magbigay inspirasyon sa mga kandidata.
  • ariel madridariel madrid portio PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I just hope that Stephanie Stefanowitz will have the decency to back out from the Bb.She's already an International Title holder, she already had her time. It's understandable sana kung hindi nya nasungkit ang title o in other words runner up lang sya pero she got the title. This is also por delicadeza sa organizers ng Miss Earth. Pls give chance to others.
    Catriona Gray's case is different. If I were in her shoes too, I will wait for next year. Although binibigyang laya sya ni Cory Quirino from the contract, if she had to join this year's Bb., that means she has to give up her reign as Miss World Philippines. October pa matatapos ang reign nya. Wise decision. Hopefully, sumali sya next year.
    55 beauties eye Binibining Pilipinas 2017 crown
    Mario Dumaual, ABS-CBN News
    Posted at Feb 28 2017 03:06 AM | Updated as of Feb 28 2017 04:14 AM

[tweet]

MANILA – Out of 95 hopefuls, the Binibining Pilipinas 2017 pageant initially selected 55 bets late Monday evening in a tight race among pageant repeaters, fresh faces, and cross-over beauties from other national competitions.

Leading the pack of the new Binibining Pilipinas batch are pageant repeaters Mariel de Leon, daughter of Christopher de Leon and Sandy Andolong, and Binibining Pilipinas 2016 2nd runner-up Jehza Huelar.

Also included are pageant title holders Miss Earth 2012 Stephanie Stefanowitz, Miss Philippines Air 2015 Chanel Olive Thomas, Miss World Philippines 4th Princess Rachel Peters and Miss Global Philippines 2014 runner-up Siren Sutton.

The other ladies who will join them are:

Gabriella Ortega
    Sarah Joson
    Leitz Ang
    Sarah Bona
    Rufa Nava
    Ana Asturias
    Benjieleen Nama
    Joselle Mariano
    Paulyn Cordero
    Sammie Legaspi
    Arienne Calingo
    Mae Ramos
    Jessica Ramirez
    Vanessa Saliba
    Carla Manongson
    Angelique de Leon
    Beatrice Valente
    Henna Cajandig
    Nelda Ibe
    Angelika de la Cruz
    Michelle Guia Nan
    Gail Tobes
    Charmaine Elima
    Jamaica Ambal
    Hena Santos
    Thoreen Halvorsem
    Felisse Marasigan
    Sarah Asido
    Kimberly Pajares
    Christa Borja
    Kristi Rose Cequena
    Larah Lacap
    Mae Lani Chan
    Jannie Alipoon
    Joanna Intal
    Camille Manalo
    Jaenena Rafer
    Katarina Rodriguez
    Elizabeth Clenci
    Mia Howell
    Jennylinr Malpaya
    Jean Tumang
    Kristen Guelos
    Clarice Villareal
    Gillian Colcol
    Arah Salientes
    Dindi Pajares
    Juliana Kapeunall

Among those who served as judges in selecting the initial 55 beauties were reigning Miss International Kylie Verzosa and outgoing Binibining Pilipinas queens Maxine Medina and Nicole Cordoves.

The selection committee, also composed of ABS-CBN and Binibining Pilipinas Charities officials, are expected to prune down the bets further to 40 official candidates on Tuesday after a rigorous question and answer challenge.

Dapat nag-inhibit na lang sina Kylie, Maxine and Nicole sa judging ng initial batch since they are known for being Jonas Gaffud girls. I bet majority ng pumasok na girls ay galing sa kampo nila. Just my two cents. :hmm:
    GALLERY
    Partial, unofficial list of Bb. Pilipinas 2017 hopefuls
    Published February 28, 2017 2:50pm

The screening continues for the final list of candidates for the upcoming Binibining Pilipinas this year!

On Monday, the official Binibining Pilipinas Facebook account released photos of the hopefuls who were initially selected to continue competing and move closer to the most-awaited local pageant.

Among the ladies hoping to vie for the crown are pageant repeaters and titleholders, including Binibining Pilipinas 2016 2nd runner-up Jehza Huelar, Miss World Philippines 4th Princess Rachel Peters, and Miss Earth 2012 Stephanie Stefanowitz.

“We wish you the very best! To be an official Binibining Pilipinas candidate is a blessing and an honor,” the local pageant's organizers tell the hopefuls.

Check out the beautiful ladies who may be set to walk the Binibining Pilipinas stage this 2017. —Bianca Rose Dabu and Jannielyn Bigtas/NB, GMA News

640_b1_2017_02_28_14_23_34.jpg

640_b2_2017_02_28_14_23_22.jpg

640_b3_2017_02_28_14_23_07.jpg
    640_b4_2017_02_28_14_22_55.jpg

640_b5_2017_02_28_14_22_42.jpg

640_b6_2017_02_28_14_22_25.jpg

640_b7_2017_02_28_14_22_12.jpg

640_b8_2017_02_28_14_22_00.jpg
    640_b9_2017_02_28_14_21_48.jpg

640_b10_2017_02_28_14_21_31.jpg

640_b11_2017_02_28_14_21_15.jpg

640_b12_2017_02_28_14_20_58.jpg
    640_b13_2017_02_28_14_20_27.jpg

640_b14_2017_02_28_14_20_14.jpg

640_b15_2017_02_28_14_20_00.jpg

640_b16_2017_02_28_14_19_25.jpg
    I just hope that Stephanie Stefanowitz will have the decency to back out from the Bb.She's already an International Title holder, she already had her time. It's understandable sana kung hindi nya nasungkit ang title o in other words runner up lang sya pero she got the title. This is also por delicadeza sa organizers ng Miss Earth. Pls give chance to others.
    Catriona Gray's case is different. If I were in her shoes too, I will wait for next year. Although binibigyang laya sya ni Cory Quirino from the contract, if she had to join this year's Bb., that means she has to give up her reign as Miss World Philippines. October pa matatapos ang reign nya. Wise decision. Hopefully, sumali sya next year.

THE SOURCE: MS. PH-EARTH 2012, TSUGI SA BB. PILIPINAS!
    By JOJO GABINETE
    March 2, 2017

stephany-stefanowitz-001-296x336.jpg

Hindi pinalad na makasali sa 40 official candidates ng Bb. Pilipinas 2012 si Miss Philippines Earth 2012 Stephany Stefanowitz kaya disappointed ang mga supporter niya.

May kinalaman ang edad ni Stefanowitz kaya nalaglag siya sa Bb. Pilipinas 2017. Kasama si Stefanowitz sa Top 55 candidates ng Bb. Pilipinas 2017 pero naligwak nang piliin ang 40 official contestants sa Kia Theater noong Martes.

Twenty-seven years old (27) na si Stefanowitz at sa October 29, turning 28 years old na siya kaya lampas na siya sa age requirement ng mga international beauty pageant.

“At least 18 and under 27 years of age before January 1st in the year they hope to compete in the Miss Universe” ang batas na ipinatutupad ng Miss Universe Organization tungkol sa age limit ng mga kandidata.

“If Miss Universe is open to accept candidates until they reach 28, why can’t our local pageants do the same?” ang reaksyon ni Stefanowitz sa naging kapalaran niya.

Dapat basahin ni Stefanowitz ang frequently asked questions sa Miss Universe para maintindihan niya ang desisyon ng Bb. Pilipinas Charities Inc., ang organizer ng Bb. Pilipinas.

Ang sarili ang dapat sisihin ng former Miss Philippines Earth winner dahil hinintay pa nito na tumuntong sa edad na 27 bago siya nagpasya na sumali sa Bb. Pilipinas.

Kung ginawa niya ang pagsali noong nakaraang taon, natupad sana ang kanyang pangarap na maging contestant ng Bb. Pilipinas.

Besides, nanalo na siya ng beauty title noong 2012, ang Miss Philippines Earth, naranasan na niya na maging beauty queen at higit sa lahat, hindi masama na magparaya siya sa ibang mga kababaihan na nangangarap din na maging beauty titlist.

Sirene Sutton, patok sa Bb. Pilipinas!

Pasok sa Top 40 ng Bb. Pilipinas si Mariel de Leon, ang anak nina Sandy Andolong at Christopher de Leon; ang ex-girlfriend ni Jake Cuenca na si Chanel Olive Thomas na runner-up sa Miss Philippines Earth 2015; ang Asia’s Next Top Model Cycle 2 contestant na si Katarina Rodriguez; ang Miss World Philippines 2014 4th runner-up na si Rachel Peters at ang Bb. Pilipinas 2016 2nd runner-up na si Jehza Mae Huelar.

Labing-walo sa mga kandidata ng Aces & Queens ang kasama sa Top 40 pero isang kandidata na first runner-up sa Miss Global Philippines 2014 ang hinuhulaan na malaki ang tsansa na magkaroon ng puwesto sa Bb. Pilipinas 2017, ang Filipina-British na si Sirene Sutton na tinutulungan ng make-up artist na si Bambbi Fuentes.

Kasing-payat ni Miss Universe 2016 Iris Mittenaere at potential winner ang description ni Bambbi kay Sutton.

I knew it. Dominated na naman ng Gaffud girls ang Bb. P. official candidates. :rolleyes:
    IN PHOTOS: Meet the 40 Bb Pilipinas 2017 candidates
    The ladies are competing for 6 titles to represent the Philippines
    Rappler.com
    Published 2:38 PM, March 01, 2017

MANILA, Philippines – Binibining Pilipinas Charities Inc (BPCI) released the 40 official portraits of the candidates of Bb Pilipinas 2017.

The candidates will compete for 6 titles – Miss Universe Philippines, Bb Pilipinas International, Bb Pilipinas Intercontinental, Bb Pilipinas Supranational, Miss Globes Philippines, and Bb Pilipinas Grand International.

The ladies hope to match or exceed the achievements of the previous batches before them.

This year's batch is composed of new and familiar faces, including two sisters, a daughter of veteran actors, models, and previous contestants from other pageants. Coronation will be this coming April.

Here are the official portraits of the candidates:

All photos courtesy of Bb Pilipinas Facebook page

#1 Dane Felisse Marasigan

1_63E5CAB8350F487199E730FBB00BFC3D.jpg

#2 Arienne Louise Calingo

2.jpg

#3 Maria Gail Devora Tobes

3.jpg

#4 Jessica Ramirez

4_BC89531415FF4581BA9A4655142C2F53.jpg

#5 Joselle Mariano

5_F6EEF830B1B44B2AA151260306F83AC0.jpg