Home PEx Lifestyle Food and Drinks
Join our PEx Olympics Quiz Night and win GCash prizes! 🏅

Most talented chef today?

In your opinion, sino ang the best? local at international.

International - Gordon Ramsay
Local - Wala ako gaanong maisip. Chef Boy Logro? Chef Bruce? :lol:

Comments

• may mga specialization ang mga chefs eh. Some are experts at desserts, some are experts at Italian cuisine, some are experts at molecular gastronomy some are experts at grilling and barbeque.

kaya malamang si Cooking Master Boy ang the best. :silly: :rotflmao:
  • They say that the proof of the pudding is in the eating. I wouldn't dare claim that this or that is the most talented just because I enjoy their show on TV. I'd have to actually try something that they cooked--or at supervised the cooking of. That said, Wolfgang Puck, Alvin Leung and Alain Ducasse have secured their spots on my list.
  • BeerhandBopBeerhandBop PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Gordon Ramsay is far being the best chef in the world.
    the absolute best, the person that even people like Gordon Ramsay look up to is Ferran Adria. Chef of El Buli.

also look up THOMAS KELLER.
    eto pati si eric ripert ay bow rito.

Wolfgang, imo, is just a HACK.

• Wolfgang, imo, is just a HACK.

Perhaps you're referring to the franchisees? ;)
  • michymichymoomichymichymoo PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Gordon Ramsay. I'm in love with him. :love::lol:
    GoshDarnIt wrote: »
    Perhaps you're referring to the franchisees? ;)

what franchisee?

his signature dish is the salmon pizza...

so smoked salmon with creme fresh and dill and capers..

hindi ba recipe lang ng bagel sanwich yan?
  • what franchisee?

his signature dish is the salmon pizza...

so smoked salmon with creme fresh and dill and capers..

hindi ba recipe lang ng bagel sanwich yan?

His company sells franchises to restaurant operators around the world (most carrying the name "Cut," "Spago" and "Wolfgang Puck Express"), and not every restaurant benefits from his culinary supervision.
    ^ the fact that he doesn't care that any quality of food would bear his name makes him a hack.

a chef that has any self respect checks every plate of food that comes out of his kitchen, or any kitchean bearing his name, in fact.
  • ka_denizka_deniz PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    GoshDarnIt wrote: »
    They say that the proof of the pudding is in the eating. I wouldn't dare claim that this or that is the most talented just because I enjoy their show on TV. I'd have to actually try something that they cooked--or at supervised the cooking of. That said, Wolfgang Puck, Alvin Leung and Alain Ducasse have secured their spots on my list.

Tama!

So vouche only for a chef you've tried.

Alvin leung. Next year, i'll try marco pierre white's food.
  • ^ the fact that he doesn't care that any quality of food would bear his name makes him a hack.

Try actually dining at a restaurant that he personally supervises before you say that again.
  • Rockstar status: Marco Pierre White :)

I've got to say also, that after trying some of the tips that Gordon Ramsay giveswhen cooking simple food, he knows what he is talking about.

Oh, and for a chef that we have tried, the people who have put up L'Astrance in Paris has got to be one of the best in the world: Pascal Barbot. We tried this rendition of what he calls toasted bread soup, and adelicate searing of turbot fish on a bed of uni cream, sauteed spinach and citron. Wow!
  • Pag base lang sa mga nakainan ko, Daniel Humm of Eleven Madison Park. When he greeted us at the table, I didn't expect the chef of a 3 michelin to be so... err, soft? Parang di makapatay langgam, lol. Pero he's really cool, para bang quiet confidence. Most memorable course is probably the simple roasted carrot and beets with orange puree, couple shavings of aged parmesan with some baby arugulas/watercress(i think) here and there. Pagiisipin mo parang walang special, the carrots tasted like carrots and beets tasted like beets, pero those roasted carrots are the most carroty(?) carrots I've ever had in my life. I don't know if that makes sense. :lol: Basta sobrang bold at simple ng food pero... wow. Ang galing.

Na-try din namin kay Grant Achatz, sobrang galing din, molecular kaya malamang mas fun at interactive sila pero parang mas na-enjoy ko pa rin food sa Eleven Madison since parang out of this world ang ibang mga pagkain ng Alinea, daming components ng ibang plate. Mas prefer ko lang din siguro clean food kaya siguro never din ako na-intrigue sa mugaritz or elbulli. Pero ang sarap nung chilled potato soup ng Alinea kaso isang lagok lang ubos na. :lol: Tsaka natuwa ako dun sa dessert ng alinea na gagawin nila sa mismong lamesa niyo, kasi yung sauce na inii-spoon nila sa table nagiging square kesa mag spread ng pabilog, hahaha. Sa dami-dami ng cutting edge sa course dun pa talaga ako namangha, what can I say, I'm easily amused sorry. :depressed:

Sa local wala ako gaanong alam eh. Di ko pa na try sa goose station. Jollibee lang masaya na ko.
  • NOT a fan of chef gordon ramsay's food. i like david burke and alain ducasse.
  • LOCALLY (or in the philippines), the best chef for me is jessie sincioco formerly of le souffle and presently with rockwell club and top of the citi.

honorable mentions: claude tayag of bale dutung and gene gonzalez of cafe ysabel.
  • cretinous00cretinous00 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Japan - Iron Chef Sakai
    US - Bobby flay (although he often loses to local talents during his challenges.)

Local - Mitchie (formerly of Katoque.)
    Local? Ariel manuel of lolo dad's.
    I- quantify natin kung ano ibig sabihin ng talented?

Kasi lahat ng tao may talent.

Gene gonzales and claude tayag, their talent lie in preserving classic capampangan recipes.

Ariel manuel is the most bemedalled pinoy chef. His talent lies in making impromptu menus.

But for sheer talent i would have to agree about boy logro. He did not finish high school, let alone culinary school. Started as a dish washer in binondo, learned the old fashioned way, apprenticed his way to the top. Became the personal chef of the king of oman, the first pinoy executive chef in a five star hotel.

He learned everything on his own. That man has talent.
  • HI ka_deniz. i agree that the aforementioned chefs all have talent. they wouldn't be at the pinnacle of success had it not been, at least partly, because of sheer talent. having said that, and i just want to remind people reading this that this is just my own humble opinion, boy logro's food pales in comparison with those of claude tayag's and gene gonzalez's. i did make that trek to imus to dine at chef boy's restaurant twice. the second time because i couldn't believe how horrible the first experience was, i had to give it another shot. i was able to convince myself that the first time was a fluke. to my further disappointment the second time was just as bad as the first, if not moreso. in constrast, i have been dining at cafe ysabel since i was toddler and the three times i have dined at chef claude's bale dutung have all been gastronomic experiences for the ages.

TAYAG'S lechon five ways and talangka sushi and gonzalez's lobster bisque, goose liver, chateaubriand, omelet, and longganisa risotto trump logro's sinampalukan manok, kare-kare, beef with mushroom, and seafood sisig served with sea sand BOTH times i had it, all day and twice on sunday.
    Hi mayo!

I purposefully did not mention food because taste is relative. Yung masarap sa akin baka palagan ng iba.

But i agree with your assessment. Been dining in cafe ysabel since i was a kid, before gene gonzales earned his rock star status. Default date place ko yan kapag may atraso kay misis.

Balay dutung is an experience. To talk about it fall short of the whole experience.

But lets take brasserie cicou. Hanggang ngayon i have not gotten over how fcuking bad the restaurant is. I have never been shortchanged the way i got fcuked in that place. And just because pukinginang pranses yung may ari, people are raving about it? Putanginanaman, magaling din naman ako maglutoat marunong naman siguro ako tumikim kung masarap yung ibinigay sa akin.

Boy logro's food maybe bad, pero ang talent nya lies in the fact that he reached the pinnacle of success in spite of his begginings.

Kaya nga kailangan i-qualify yung question, anong. Ibig sabihin ng most talented? Paano i-quantify. Kasi baka naman ang ibig sabihin ay who consistently crafts good food?
  • ka_deniz wrote: »
    Local? Ariel manuel of lolo dad's.

Locally... no contest. Tried that rack of lamb from Lolo Dad's recently. Wow. I feel ashamed that I have not gone there before. The best chef there is in Manila :)