Home PEx Business and Careers The Working Filipino

US VISA?

anyone here who have experienced being sponsored to an H1B Visa? Kase there are lots of stories on how US Employers hire Filipinos here to work there in the US. Sometimes they process the papers there but sometimes they send documents and process it here...can you tell your stories?....

Comments

• Hi uraro! this is jake.

The "process..." I'll try to answer ur question(s) to the best of my knowledge (naks! :lol:) the process goes like this: The US company that's doing the sponsorship wil go to the country they think will give more profit thru expertise. they are selecting individuals depending on the qualifications they wanted at the moment. Usually, when ur selected, all certifications, other personal documents are sent to the local agency and eventually sent to the person in-charge in the US via air-born or fedex or whatever. The person in the US will begin the process by applying for the H1. Depending on the location of the state for the INS processing office (ne,ca,vt,tx). If approved, then INS will telex the country-of-origin of the person being sponsored and inform the company in the US regarding the approval.

Enetually, the local process (depending on the country) will just get some documents that says ur that person the US company sponsored. It will take only a matter of days then ur visa will be stamped onto your passport. ...jake
  • thanks jake. you are actually correct there. but oftentimes, the INS approval usually takes around 2-3 months from filing.....
  • uraro: true. after all the requirements have been submitted to the INS by the US company sponsoring you, there is a waiting period. there's no definite period but it does take as long as 2-3 months. once you have the INS approval papers, you can schedule an interview with the U.S. embassy to get an H1 visa. i don't think they will deny you your visa since you already have the approval, so you needn't worry. but remember to just bring the requirements that are needed for the interview in the US embassy, like the approval papers, your transcript and diploma, and the filled-up application form for H1 visa. Remember too that they're strict on both the picture and "head" size ...sorry i forgot the size already but it should be exactly that size. i've heard some stories where during the interview, the applicant was asked to have his picture taken again just because the "head" size in the picture was too big!! anyway, better be safe than sorry.

also just bring the exact requirements and not MORE. if you bring more, like your contract, etc. and they're not needed, they'll question you more and will try to find reasons to deny you. sorry for making them sounding so bad but my advise is, the less talk, the better.

well, that's my advice to you. good luck!!!
  • hmm exactly, DO NOT offer any information.. Just stick to the answers that they require.. That's sound advice in ANYTHING... Ask any lawyer. Any information can be twisted around that's why..
  • yep f0r5aK3n and battleangel! Just stick to the answers that they require. Less talk much better.

I don't know that my friend, that'll take 2-3 months. Anyway, while buying time, you can do other stuff. one step at a time ika nga. :cool: ...jake

• wow! i agree with you all...but sometimes there is some biasedness on the part of the Embassy person...like they deny you visa just because you're looking like some terrorist or something he he he...so it's safe that shortly before the big interview, you have made yourself cute enough or be accused or illegal possession of ugly face..he he he!
  • wow! i agree with you all...but sometimes there is some biasedness on the part of the Embassy person...like they deny you visa just because you're looking like some terrorist or something he he he...so it's safe that shortly before the big interview, you have made yourself cute enough or be accused of illegal possession of ugly face..he he he!
  • :lol::lol::lol: you're funny! Don't yah forget, if the consulate is a gurrl, what if she has monthly period? :lol: you're dead meat! :~( ...jake
    Originally posted by uraro
    wow! i agree with you all...but sometimes there is some biasedness on the part of the Embassy person...like they deny you visa just because you're looking like some terrorist or something he he he...so it's safe that shortly before the big interview, you have made yourself cute enough or be accused or illegal possession of ugly face..he he he!
  • hi, i'm waiting for my H1 visa to be processed. after that, they will just mail me the papers and have it stamped in the us embassy. is that all i have to do or do i still have to go to POEA to pay on some fee? just want to know. thanks.
  • Hi wax, depends. do u have an agent? if yes then they will do it for you (the POEA thing). all u have to do is to get the papers then signed it. Also, depending on the influence of your agent, you might be required by the POEA admin to be there or might not. If no, then you have to go there, find the the appropriate person(s) to talk to, attend the seminar (that's my friend told me). Also wax, this document will be presented the moment your leaving the country. so don't forget to have it okay? have fun ...jake
    Originally posted by wax
    hi, i'm waiting for my H1 visa to be processed. after that, they will just mail me the papers and have it stamped in the us embassy. is that all i have to do or do i still have to go to POEA to pay on some fee? just want to know. thanks.
  • papers means --- documents coming from the States? You'll not be dissaproved but they'll gonna asked you more proof but not denied. ...jake
    Originally posted by starks
    can u still get disapproved here even if you have the papers na? waht are the chances?
  • to wax:
    from what i know, u still really need to go to the POEA..they'll give you a seminar and license to work abroad..kasi nga this is the government office which takes charge in the statistics of Filipinos officially employed and working overseas which is of course aside from US...they need you to be registered or else when problem arises as with regards to your employment in wherever country you are working eh wala silang matutulong sa yo....
  • Originally posted by ForJake69
    papers means --- documents coming from the States? You'll not be dissaproved but they'll gonna asked you more proof but not denied. ...jake
    Originally posted by starks
    can u still get disapproved here even if you have the papers na? waht are the chances?
    =====

I have to correct you on this...Even if the visa is approved in the US, there are still chances of the petition being denied during the interview in the US Embassy...

Once denied however for any reason, the candidate should pursue the petition for reconsideration because the consul who must have interviewed her or him...is biased.

I got a friend who almost did not make it when a consul denied his petition for the reason that he cannot answer a question about depreciation...The consul was not right in the question so my friend was not able to answer...
    My friend requested for reconsideration and a new consul interviewed him...

Sometimes questions are tricky that the interviewee is confused....

Before going to the embassy, the interviewee should be prepared with papers arranged properly and dressed appropriately for....

Best of all, look at the interviewer straight into the eyes...