COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.
Naruto: a failed copy of Hunter X Hunter?
I cant help but think that HxH is everything that Naruto tried to be and failed monumentally. It is a legitimately good, and well-written shounen, as opposed to gay ninjas and plotarmor: the manga. While its true that their paths diverged after a couple hundred chapters, and Kishimoto couldnt steal any more concepts and ideas from Togashi anymore due to all the hiatuses, some of their early similarities are borderline plagiarism, and the only reason Kishimoto doesnt get called out on these more often is because he is friends with Togashi, HxH and YYHs author, and because of Narutos inflated popularity in America.
Mind you, Naruto was always bad/mediocre, but it took a nosedive in quality exactly after HxH went on hiatus, leaving Kishimoto without his guiding point. No wonder Part II of Naruto consisted of Sasuke Rescue arcs and fighting old villains again, until Kishimoto finally decided what to write, albeit much too late.
Anyways, these similarities are pretty hard not to notice, and when theres just too many of them, copied in such a blatant manner, its hard to call them just a coincidence. Lets see:
- Gons best friend and rival Killua is a prodigy and very skilled from a prestigious family. He is the same age as Gon but with a more calm, serious and dark attitude. Killuas nen type is electricity (similar to Sasukes lightning). Killua however, always remains a likable character, even outside of lolJapan, and his friendship bonds with the main character are portrayed and emphasized. In return, Gon also goes all out to take Killua away from his own deadly assassin family, Naruto goes all out to retrieve Sasuke from his best friends very powerful and dangerous mentor. Also, Killuas electricity Hatsu is copied to Naruto in the form of Sasukes Chidori Nagashi.
- Kurapika is the last survivor of the massacre of the Kuruta clan. He lives for revenge above anything. The Kuruta clan has a special ability called Scarlet Eyes their eyes turn red. Kishimoto combined him and Killua to create Sasuke. Halfway through the series however, his troubles are dealt with without the descent into DARKNESS.
- The main protagonist Gon has a father who is a legendary Hunter, but Gon has never met him or his mother. The 4th hokage was also considered legendary and this was present very early in Naruto, and Naruto an orphan. Both series start with the main characters childhood where Gon and Naruto are twelve-year old boys
- The concept of special moves are quite similar. While lots of shounen deal with auras and energies, in this case Chakra is a clear adaptation of Nen. Some of the jutsus, like puppetry, summons and elemental properties, are also present in the Chakra concept. Additionally, put a piece of paper in a glass of water and put your hands on top of it in HxH and you find out your Nen Specialization affinity. Do the exact same thing in Naruto and you find out your chakra element.
- Nen training is actual training. Togashi undoubtedly writes some of the best training arcs in all shounen in HxH. This is quite a feat, because those generally suck, and they in fact do suck in Naruto. Chakra training is clapping your hands, using clones to learn faster, fighting your dark persona and swallowing frogs.
- Gon is considered oddly special by most people who meet him. He is a very honest, determined and pure-hearted boy who brings out the good in people he encounters, making them friends. He is gifted with an ability to change people and make them believe in him. Same goes for Naruto, which in part II of the manga goes overboard, on this aspect, leading many to believe hes being written as a mary-sue.
- Gon Freecs eventually gains 3 friends on his quest to be a hunter while Naruto becomes part of Team 7 in ninja school and also gains 3 friends, the other main characters, in the process.
- Both them have examination arcs, Hunter and Ninja. Both exams have a preliminary phase, where the main characters go through a dangerous forest and are toyed with by a creepy pedo villain (Hisoka/Orochimaru), and a tournament phase, where the characters fight each other, to win the approval of the head figure (Chairman Netero/Third Hokage). HxH, however, has series of intelligent and well-written challenges to test various skills, some of the mental ones are even written to surprise the readers. Naruto at best has a a cheerios annual prize race.
- The Phantom Brigade/Genei Ryodan is a band of extremely powerful criminals, similar to Akatsuki, except for the fact that they actually do ****. The leader of Phantom Brigade Chrollo Lucifer has a special nen ability to copy and use any Nen ability no matter what type of Nen it is. The leader of Akatsuki has the special rinnegan which lets him have complete mastery over all types of chakra element. Hisoka, the creepy pedo villain, is part of the Phantom Brigade, but has always had his own secret agenda, and eventually leaves the Phantom Brigade, not unlike Orochimaru and Akatsuki.
- At one point, Gon meets Biscuit, a 50something lady which has developed a technique to make herself always look young (much like Genkai from YYH, also from Togashi), hiding her true appearance. Exactly like Tsunade from Naruto.
couldn't help but post it here. Since hindi ko alam masyado ang storya ng naruto, is this for real?? what do you guys think??
0 · Share on Twitter