Home PEx Lifestyle Visas and Immigration
COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

Citizenship & Immigration Canada: Questions and Issues (Part IV)

Comments

• loving_maloving_ma Member PExer
    joshemir wrote: »
    nakakapagtaka, yung friend ko, mid-March ngpasa ng medical. til now e wala pa ring PPR.

o mabilis lang tala yung kay loving_ma na 1 month lang e nandyan na ang PPR?

ay! bakit ganon? kung mid-March nasubmit ang medical result niya, dapat meron na kasi yung sa akin late March nasubmit. at sa kabilang forum, ang timeline, same as mine - mga 1 month din. sure ba na nakasubmit na sa CEM ang med result niya???
  • joshemirjoshemir #BeaverTraveler PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    nagfollow up na siya, naipasa na daw.
  • yashleyyashley Member PExer
    Normally, it's around 10 to 12 months after the submission of complete documents.
    ok, thanks what documents po ba need iprovide? may categories din po ba ang pag migrate "sorry for the question" and ano pa dapat iprovide aside from documents? how about the show money how much po? thanks in advance ;)
  • sleepless105sleepless105 Caffeine Drinker PExer
    yashley wrote: »
    ok, thanks what documents po ba need iprovide? may categories din po ba ang pag migrate "sorry for the question" and ano pa dapat iprovide aside from documents? how about the show money how much po? thanks in advance ;)

The two most common type for immigrants are:

1. Foreign Skilled Workers:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/index.asp

2. Provincial Nominees:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/index.asp

Do some readings and see where would you be qualified.
    The two most common type for immigrants are:

1. Foreign Skilled Workers:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/index.asp

2. Provincial Nominees:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/index.asp

Do some readings and see where would you be qualified.

thanks po again sa walang sawang pag sagot... i hope marami pa kayong matulungan *okay* :bashful:
  • iska_rndiska_rnd Member PExer
    Hi po! nice to be back! dito na po ako canada after 6 months of temporary working visa processing and working now at tim's. Now that i'm here, i plan to work out on my PR processing. I plan to apply under FSW only to find out this morning from CIC website that the restaurant managers have been removed from the list of occupations... waaah!!!!! is there any way of applying for immigration aside from PNP where my employee can nominate me? what's hard for us in wainwright is that employers can only nominate one employee per year. Can i shift my career to those listed so i can qualify? thanks in advance!
    ^ iska, nasa tim's ka rin? ahihi! ang saya!

baka makatulong:

Is my application eligible for processing?

For your application to be eligible for processing, you must include the results of your official language proficiency test, and either:

have a valid offer of arranged employment, OR
    be a skilled worker who has had one year of continuous full-time or equivalent part-time paid work experience in at least one of the following eligible occupations within the last ten years: <list follows>

so possible ka pa rin mag-apply kahit wala na sa list. :D
    iska_rnd wrote: »
    Hi po! nice to be back! dito na po ako canada after 6 months of temporary working visa processing and working now at tim's. Now that i'm here, i plan to work out on my PR processing. I plan to apply under FSW only to find out this morning from CIC website that the restaurant managers have been removed from the list of occupations... waaah!!!!! is there any way of applying for immigration aside from PNP where my employee can nominate me? what's hard for us in wainwright is that employers can only nominate one employee per year. Can i shift my career to those listed so i can qualify? thanks in advance!

Hello. Yung Wainwright ba ay sa Alberta? You could shift to any career you want. But be reminded that there's a minimum requirement of years of experience on each field in Foreign Skilled Worker. Mas mababa ang years of experience, mas maliit ang points na makukuha. Point system yung FSW. You'll need to reach a certain number of points to be qualified.

Also check kung pwede ka kaagad mag apply ng PR na application while under working visa. Call CIC regarding this matter. Of what I know, kailangang magwork muna ng 2 years ang working visa holder bago syang pwedeng mag-apply ng PR.

How long is your contract for working visa? You could apply for a PR through Canadian Experience Class after two years of work in Canada.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-who.asp

If you are single, your other option is to marry a PR or a Canadian citizen. *okay*

Hmm... kung married naman, huwag mo na lang ipaalam sa spouse mo. :winkdvl: Joke lang!
  • iska_rndiska_rnd Member PExer
    thanks po! yep, wainwright po is sa alberta din. near lloyd minster and vermillion. yes po tim hortons din po ako
    hi ask ko lang need po ba talaga mag take ng IELTs exam? if ever ano po category Academic or General? thanks
  • joy_pjoy_p Member PExer
    jice wrote: »
    anyways ngayon lang ulet ako nakabisita dito.. i just want you to know that kakarating lang ng MR ko.. [SA WAKAS!] tagal rin nun huh.. kala ko di na darating eh.. hehe!

magpapamedical na rin ako as soon as i can.. sana lang wala ng maging abirya.. hehe!

hi jice!

pwede pa-share ng timeline? MPNP ka rin po ba? waiting for medical din kasi kami. maraming salamat! :)
  • kitin15kitin15 Member PExer
    Puwede po bang malaman how much ang pa-medical?

Mag-aaply po kami under family sponsorship, and magpapamedical na po sana kami.. can anyone please post ng medical exam fee with the corresponding doctor kung puwede lang po.... and by appointment po ba puwede? kasam ko po kasi yung1 year old son and 2 years old daughter ko. thank you.

:)
    @kitin15: hindi naman pwedeng medical muna bago apply. kasi hihingan ka ng meducal request ng clinic. :-)

eniweis, last time i checked, it's P4,000 sa Nationwide.
  • pappylipspappylips Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    I just want to share with you guys. Alberta's economy will start to boom but... just read the article for yourself :(

This was an excerpt taken from Alberta Business Association

‘Hiring Foreign Workers’ Luncheon Informative

On March 15, the ABA hosted a business luncheon to a full crowd at the Café Express in Acheson, zone 2. Gabriele Jugelka from Immigration-R-Us in Spruce Grove was the keynote speaker. The upcoming Alberta boom and preparing for the looming labour shortages were to be the topic of discussion however changes to the rules governing temporary foreign workers threw a bit of a twist into the meeting. The evening before the meeting, Ms. Jugelka received the details of these new rules thereby changing the course of her once familiar instruction. She explained that these rules are certain to bring new challenges to employers hiring temporary foreign workers in that they change the way companies hire everyone from oil patch workers to live-in caregivers.

Previously, companies could bring workers in with no time limit to their stay in the country as long as they adhered to government regulations. Under the new regulations, there will be a four year time limit and then they will have to leave the country for a minimum of another four years. Labour market opinions (LMO‟s) now carry a shorter expiry term - from one year to six months. The purpose being that the employer should be able to find a qualified Canadian worker within that time. Employers who do not follow the new rules will now face a two year ban on hiring any foreign workers and fines up to $60,000.00
  • happeeMEALhappeeMEAL Member PExer
    kitin15 wrote: »
    Puwede po bang malaman how much ang pa-medical?

Mag-aaply po kami under family sponsorship, and magpapamedical na po sana kami.. can anyone please post ng medical exam fee with the corresponding doctor kung puwede lang po.... and by appointment po ba puwede? kasam ko po kasi yung1 year old son and 2 years old daughter ko. thank you.

:)

yep tama si josh, dapat may medical request ka bago ka magpamedical at may list ng accredited clinics na kasamang ipadadala sayo. 4000php din sa st. lukes extension clinic. pag may additional tests na ipagagawa, dagdag pa yun. goodluck! *okay*
  • kitin15kitin15 Member PExer
    joshemir wrote: »
    @kitin15: hindi naman pwedeng medical muna bago apply. kasi hihingan ka ng meducal request ng clinic. :-)

eniweis, last time i checked, it's P4,000 sa Nationwide.

kasi po, ipapadala na namin lahat ng forms sa canada through a courier, from there na po kami iaapply ng husband ko.

thank you po sa reply.
    hi ask ko lang need po ba talaga mag take ng IELTs exam? if ever ano po category Academic or General? thanks
    repost ko lang po..i hope may mag answer.thanks
    repost ko lang po..i hope may mag answer.thanks

Hello. Pakilinaw lang kung anong program ang inaaplayan para sa immigrant, sino ang principal applicant, may dependents ba, etc.

Kung magtatake ng IELTS, for sure sa general at hindi academic.
    pappylips wrote: »
    I just want to share with you guys. Alberta's economy will start to boom but... just read the article for yourself :(

This was an excerpt taken from Alberta Business Association

‘Hiring Foreign Workers’ Luncheon Informative

On March 15, the ABA hosted a business luncheon to a full crowd at the Café Express in Acheson, zone 2. Gabriele Jugelka from Immigration-R-Us in Spruce Grove was the keynote speaker. The upcoming Alberta boom and preparing for the looming labour shortages were to be the topic of discussion however changes to the rules governing temporary foreign workers threw a bit of a twist into the meeting. The evening before the meeting, Ms. Jugelka received the details of these new rules thereby changing the course of her once familiar instruction. She explained that these rules are certain to bring new challenges to employers hiring temporary foreign workers in that they change the way companies hire everyone from oil patch workers to live-in caregivers.

Previously, companies could bring workers in with no time limit to their stay in the country as long as they adhered to government regulations. Under the new regulations, there will be a four year time limit and then they will have to leave the country for a minimum of another four years. Labour market opinions (LMO‟s) now carry a shorter expiry term - from one year to six months. The purpose being that the employer should be able to find a qualified Canadian worker within that time. Employers who do not follow the new rules will now face a two year ban on hiring any foreign workers and fines up to $60,000.00

Does this one apply to all provinces or just for Alberta?
    Hello. Pakilinaw lang kung anong program ang inaaplayan para sa immigrant, sino ang principal applicant, may dependents ba, etc.

Kung magtatake ng IELTS, for sure sa general at hindi academic.
    thanks sleepless ikaw na naman nag answer nakakahiya na, hehe ;)
    I'm applying for Provincial Nominee under Manitoba, i'm the principal applicant po and yes may dependents.
    Thanks a lot :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file