GOOD DAY PEXERS!

If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us an email at [email protected]

Thanks,
PExer99

TNA ("Tambay Nurses Association")

Mont BlancMont Blanc troll buster! PExer
edited June 11 in Pinoy Nursing
This thread is lovingly made for all the tambay nurses na up to now wala pa ring makitang hospital work.


Bawal ang pikon! Talk everything here as long as it's in connection to the topic.
«13456739

Comments

  • impulse101impulse101 conscious and coherent PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    akala ko TNA Wrestling :glee:
  • ElaiElaiElaiElai Member PExer
    sali ako! ilang months na kayong tambay?hehe
  • Mont BlancMont Blanc troll buster! PExer
    ElaiElai wrote: »
    sali ako! ilang months na kayong tambay?hehe

    It's years for me. 2 1/2 na. Good thing the hospital called me earlier and told me that there would be a test for staff nurses on Monday.

    How about you guys? how long na kayo hanging and how many hospitals have you inquired for work? :lol:
  • suadesuade ~Stand Alone Complex~ PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    dati tambay din akong nurse grad puro training lang:lol:
  • impulse101impulse101 conscious and coherent PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ako mga 11 months tambay then here I am, 2 months nang volunteer nurse :D

    I used to work in a BPO industry before maging TNA :D

    @TS: anong batch mo?
  • bybybybybyby Member PExer
    Mont Blanc wrote: »
    This thread is lovingly made for all the tambay nurses na up to now wala pa ring makitang hospital work.


    Bawal ang pikon! Talk everything here as long as it's in connection to the topic.

    Is nursing only limited to HOSPITAL works? What would yo label a nurse providing direct patient care but not in the hospital? How about nurses in medical research centers or nurses in the academe? Are they also tambays?
  • aimarkaimark Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^

    I believe what he meant with hospital work is work that has something to do with health care. Even wellness clinics probably? Not really but you get the point.

    Anyway, my cousin, my girlfriend, AFAIK have been TNAs since they graduated. That would be 3 and 4 years respectively.
  • bybybybybyby Member PExer
    @ aimark

    I think it is better for them to find non-nursing jobs now. Nursing career is not really that viable nowadays even overseas. There are changes in nursing licensing/regulation abroad that only ensues stiffer chances for others.
  • aimarkaimark Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^

    Well yeah..My cousin married a rich doctor and she does not have any problems anymore. My gf's just started working as an analyst. I just hope parents who forced their kids to study nursing would realize how scarce jobs are right now and allow them to do other things. Coz a lot of the parents are still forcing their kids to look for volunteer jobs etc in hopes of getting that dream job abroad.
  • etuckrametuckram Member PExer
    gano kalaki ang chance na makapagabroad ang isang RN in 2 years time without a hospital experience aside from being a volunteer for a couple of months?

    ganito kasi, gf ko company nurse, of course like any other nurse aspiring makapagabroad. (wala namang nurse na hindi). Do you think it is possible for her to land a job in abroad 1-2 years from now?

    Gano ba ka tough ang competition ng mga RN's? Gano kahirap mag-apply sa hospital at sa abroad?
  • aimarkaimark Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^

    I think it's very tough..I know about 10 nurses who have been working in the country for like 3 years and has been applying for employment abroad since the first year. None of them is being considered for any job abroad. That's in the US and Canada at the least. I think if you are amenable in working in other countries it may be more possible.

    Bottomline though, if your gf is not an american citizen or has no way of being a citizen in the US or Canada through family ties then it is very very hard.

    But hey, I know quite a number of nurses who are already working as nurse supervisors in their respective tertiary hospitals.
  • boieexboieex Member PExer
    etuckram wrote: »
    gano kalaki ang chance na makapagabroad ang isang RN in 2 years time without a hospital experience aside from being a volunteer for a couple of months?

    ganito kasi, gf ko company nurse, of course like any other nurse aspiring makapagabroad. (wala namang nurse na hindi). Do you think it is possible for her to land a job in abroad 1-2 years from now?

    Gano ba ka tough ang competition ng mga RN's? Gano kahirap mag-apply sa hospital at sa abroad?

    malabo pa sa ilog pasig. even if you have 10 yrs hospital experience there mahihirapan ka. u need to work out how to get a visa first. I have a classmate diyan she passed all kinds of exam.. Ielts, cgfns, nclex, 3 yrs experience na siya sa hospital and yet nandyan pa din
  • the_registrarthe_registrar Banned by Admin PExer
    yung kawork ko nga na nakasabay ko mahire sa work ko ngayon napasa nya na lahat ng exam for him tow ork sa states. Nagpunta na dun pero walang makuhang work kaya bumalik ulit siya dito sa pians to gain experience.
  • ElaiElaiElaiElai Member PExer
    Mont Blanc wrote: »
    It's years for me. 2 1/2 na. Good thing the hospital called me earlier and told me that there would be a test for staff nurses on Monday.

    How about you guys? how long na kayo hanging and how many hospitals have you inquired for work? :lol:

    hey how's your application buddy? :) sana natanggap ka! last say ng work ko ngayon sa BPO... at gusto ko matry magnurse! hope i won't regret it1 :rotflmao:
  • jhannah29jhannah29 Member PExer
    etuckram wrote: »
    gano kalaki ang chance na makapagabroad ang isang RN in 2 years time without a hospital experience aside from being a volunteer for a couple of months?

    ganito kasi, gf ko company nurse, of course like any other nurse aspiring makapagabroad. (wala namang nurse na hindi). Do you think it is possible for her to land a job in abroad 1-2 years from now?

    Gano ba ka tough ang competition ng mga RN's? Gano kahirap mag-apply sa hospital at sa abroad?

    sad to say pero hindi po tinatanggap as experience ang volunteer time as a nurse. your gf could apply abroad as a company nurse in the middle east. yun na lang naman ang naghhire until now ng walang gaanong gastos.

    i already passed the NCLEX, have 3 years working experience pero andito pa din ako. Closed pa US even teachers doon nanganganib ng mawalan ng trabaho kaya hindi rin ako makapagapply doon. I took the HAAD exam for Abu Dhabi medyo matagal na din ang processing. kung gusto mo talaga makapag-abroad kahit walang experience you could try student visa in Australia, UK pero you have to study for 2years pa.
  • benyangbenyang Member PExer
    jhannah29 wrote: »
    sad to say pero hindi po tinatanggap as experience ang volunteer time as a nurse. your gf could apply abroad as a company nurse in the middle east. yun na lang naman ang naghhire until now ng walang gaanong gastos.

    i already passed the NCLEX, have 3 years working experience pero andito pa din ako. Closed pa US even teachers doon nanganganib ng mawalan ng trabaho kaya hindi rin ako makapagapply doon. I took the HAAD exam for Abu Dhabi medyo matagal na din ang processing. kung gusto mo talaga makapag-abroad kahit walang experience you could try student visa in Australia, UK pero you have to study for 2years pa.

    Hello! batch 2007 here, 3 years working in corporate support positions. 2 years of that sa UAE, all i thought na magkakaroon ako ng chance to work in a hospital or sa kahit anong clinic man lang. Advise ko lang, for those who are interested to work within UAE, visit visa ok na option, BUT u need to have support system syempre, financially etc. AND atleast 2 years experience (dapat authenticated lahat). There, u need to take their exams, may DOH. MOH and HAAD, it depends kung sang lugar. Salary, tama lang, pero sa govt hospitals maganda benefits. Kung employment visa naman ang hahanapin nyo from here mejo mahirap,pero kung KSA ang punta, i guess mejo madali. :)
  • jhannah29jhannah29 Member PExer
    benyang wrote: »
    Hello! batch 2007 here, 3 years working in corporate support positions. 2 years of that sa UAE, all i thought na magkakaroon ako ng chance to work in a hospital or sa kahit anong clinic man lang. Advise ko lang, for those who are interested to work within UAE, visit visa ok na option, BUT u need to have support system syempre, financially etc. AND atleast 2 years experience (dapat authenticated lahat). There, u need to take their exams, may DOH. MOH and HAAD, it depends kung sang lugar. Salary, tama lang, pero sa govt hospitals maganda benefits. Kung employment visa naman ang hahanapin nyo from here mejo mahirap,pero kung KSA ang punta, i guess mejo madali. :)

    thanks po.... waiting na po ako for employment visa... :) yung processing ng HAAD license kasi yung matagal... before daw po 1 month lang ok na pero yng sa batch namin umabot ng more than 3months because of the newly implemented dataflow system.. :)
  • jdashjdash weeeeeeeeee PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    question, mataas ba chances ba kapag ang Experience mo ay through Teaching in the same university while taking Graduate studies?
    she also passed the NCLEX.
  • markpaulmarkpaul Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file