COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

K-la Rivera ~♥The R&B Sweetheart from Canada♥~

spongeeespongeee Blessed Beyond Belief PExer
K-La+Rivera.jpg

Comments

• spongeeespongeee Blessed Beyond Belief PExer
    SPOWER K-La

to
    2331- Globe/tm/sun
    231- Smart/talk n'txt

:):)
  • Peaches01Peaches01 Member PExer
    Hi spongeee :wave: thank you for making these thread for K-La :)
    K-La is Pampanga's bet for Star Power

LUBAO - Kayla (K-La) Layug-Iovan is an upcoming singing sensation who hopes to follow in the footsteps of other great singers.

With the looks and talent to back her up, this 17-year-old lady is a promising mega-star in the making for the Star Power search for new and upcoming talents aired on ABS-CBN 2 every Sunday.

The daughter of Ionel Iovan and Agnes Layug Iovan, "Kayla" grew up in Canada but apampangan blood still runs in her veins as she traces her roots from the Rivera-Dizon clan of Barangay Concepcion here.

Kayla, a high school graduate of St. Francis Senior High, is a talented singer.

At an early age of 3, she knew that singing was something she loved to do, and would pursue throughout her life.

She began singing lessons at the young age of 9, and has been singing ever since.

Kayla won her first beauty pageant at the age of 11, winning the title of Miss Junior Philippines Canada-Calgary, as well as Miss Talent and best in Gown.

The next year, she joined Calgary's Junior Miss and ended up walking away with the title, and was also announced the winner of Miss Talent in the singing category.

The same year, she also won Calgary's Junior Singing Idol, and as a prize, was flown to Las Vegas to perform at a Variety show at the Venetian Hotel.

Kayla is also active in the school community, winning her school talent show and being a recipient of the "Christian Leadership" award, as well as maintaining Honor Roll status.

In September of 2007, Kayla was chosen as one of the winners of the David Foster Star Search, and had the honorable experience of performing at the Jack Singer Concert hall with David Foster himself, with guest appearances by Lionel Richie, Sinbad, Peter Cetera and William Joseph.

Later that month, both winners, Kayla and David VandenEnden, were sent to Halifax, NS to perform at the kickoff for the David Foster Star Search held in March.

She has also been invited to perform with David Foster as various events around Canada, including an appearance on Canada AM in Vancouver, BC.

Last October, Kayla was presented with the Tamaraw Awards (Community Service Award) recognizing her as an achiever and good role model in the Filipino community.

In July of last year, Kayla got the opportunity to perform at the Calgary Stampede's Greatest Outdoor Show on earth, the Grand Show. Singing her rendition of Whitney Houston's hit "I will Always Love You" in front of a crowd exceeding 20,000 each night, was truly a dream come true for her.

Aside from singing, Kayla took up acting lessons for films and television as well as piano, dance and voice lessons at the Young Canadians of Performing Arts School, Hollywood and Vines Co. and North Conservatory of Music.

She also performed with other local artists like Sam Milby, Piolo Pascual, Christian Bautista, Mark Bautista, Rachelle Ann Go, Sarah Geronimo, Vina Morales and Gary Valenciano.

Her other skills also include modeling, computers, badminton, dancing, hosting, tennis, choir, basketball, volleyball and performing (acting).

"All of these accomplishments would not have been possible without the support and love of my parents, family members, friends, supporters and the blessing that God has graciously given me. I hope that our cabalens will vote for me to make it to the Star Power search," she said.

To vote for Kayla Text SPOWER K-La and send to 2331 for Globe and Sun Cellular subscribers and 231 for Smart and talk 'N Text subscribers. (Chris Navarro)

Link: http://www.sunstar.com.ph/pampanga/entertainment/k-la-pampangas-bet-star-power
    K-La-Canada.jpg

Star Power 5: K-La Rivera, The R&B Sweetheart from Canada

Given with innate singing talent and not to mention beauty, there’s no doubt that Canada-based K-La Rivera is now ready to face the glamorous world of showbusiness. With conviction she said: “I think ready na po ako kasi alam ko po when you’re in showbiz, ang daming fans. I’m flattered when I see those who support me, even if you’re just standing there, parang ang feeling ko, I have an ability just to make them happy. If ever I will be a star and I have that ability to bring happiness to them, to inspire them I think I am definitely ready for that po”.

“I am shocked. Medyo nagulat po kasi lahat po sila talagang talented, when I heard everyone. Alam ko po na it will be the viewer’s choice, medyo nagulat po ako kasi lahat po sila, they all have their family and friends, at ako hindi masyadong maraming supporters. I feel so honored that the Filipinos have accepted me, that they’ve allowed me to continue and come this far. I feel blessed at sana po magpatuloy pa ito.”

K-La confessed that way back in Canada, she’s been trying to penetrate the international music scene, but it was hard. She, however, is very grateful that she made it to the globally watched Star Power. “Pangarap ko po talaga is to be an international singer. When I was back home sa Canada, I was really trying to get it up there pero medyo mahirap po, alam ko po sa Pilipinas, Filipinos really enjoy music, kaya I tried to see if I can sing and live my dreams. This is a dream come true,” K-La said

The R&B Sweetheart had to leave her family in Canada just to battle it out in Star Power.
    ASAP Rocks 01/23/11 Star Power Final 5 with Jovit Baldivino:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c611sCgZvm0
    thanks to the owner
  • kate12kate12 #UPFight PExer
    is this K-la's official page here on Pex? :D
  • K-La was my bet during the Final showdown! :-) she was such a princess in her pink gown!
  • Where are the members? yuhooooo!!
  • K-La Rivera, the “R&B Sweetheart” from Canada, could be a movie star too, what with her beauty. There’s no doubt that the Canada-born K-La is now ready to face the glamorous world of show business.

K-La confessed that back in Canada, she tried to penetrate the international music scene, but it was hard, she said.
  • lochedezlochedez Member PExer
    K-La Rivera, the “R&B Sweetheart” from Canada, could be a movie star too, what with her beauty. There’s no doubt that the Canada-born K-La is now ready to face the glamorous world of show business.

K-La confessed that back in Canada, she tried to penetrate the international music scene, but it was hard, she said.

i love K-la's voice *okay*
    K-La was my bet during the Final showdown! :-) she was such a princess in her pink gown!

me too *okay*
    hope to see/hear more of K-la singing and dancing on asap!!!
    maraming salamat sa gumawa ng thread ni K-La. *okay**okay**okay*
    may upcoming album na po ba si K-La? Does she have any shows coming especially here in Cebu?

thanks!!!
    lochedez wrote: »
    may upcoming album na po ba si K-La? Does she have any shows coming especially here in Cebu?

thanks!!!

ASAP Rocks will be in Cebu po on March 27 :) kasama po ang Star Power 5 :):)
    @nhinz..thank you po for sharing the pictures :)
    spongeee wrote: »
    ASAP Rocks will be in Cebu po on March 27 :) kasama po ang Star Power 5 :):)

happy yippie yehey!!!! :D:D:D

wow, an answered prayer.... ASAP Rocks: Cebu on March 27

sana may solo number si K-La
    i saw ASAP yesterday and the Star Power 4 prod!!!

good job K-La *okay*
    @spongeee > thanks sa info!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file