Home PEx Family and Society Family, Friends and Society

Going back to Law School at 40..

Plan ko mag balik sa law school next year..Pero medyu asiwa na ako kasi matagal akong nag LOA and now Im almost 40..Im a returning OFW & nid pa to find a steady job that will allow me to work at the same time attend my clasess..after work.. (Anyone in similar situation..)..:bashful:

Comments

• bagarrebagarre PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    You can post this in the academe bro. Maybe you have similar situation there. What's your priority ba? to find a job or to take up law? Decide on that first.
    Imo its not that impossible. May kakilala akong pulis nag take up law and he was successful and became a full pledged lawyer.
  • BravoBaste wrote: »
    Plan ko mag balik sa law school next year..Pero medyu asiwa na ako kasi matagal akong nag LOA and now Im almost 40..Im a returning OFW & nid pa to find a steady job that will allow me to work at the same time attend my clasess..after work.. (Anyone in similar situation..)..:bashful:

Kung gusto mo talaga mag-law school, ituloy mo kasi hinde issue ang age. Nung nasa law school ako, may 2 akong classmates, yung isa mother of 3 children, yung isa grandfather na. Wala ako balita sa grandfather pero yung mother successful ang private practice nya. Determination, perserverance, and a lot of luck lang ang katapat, hehe.
  • Mickey2000Mickey2000 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^I agree, kung gusto mong mag-aral ng law, wala yan sa age,basta determinado ka *okay*
  • clawed_outclawed_out PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Age does not matter and the academic world does not discriminate.
  • kreukkreuk PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    May kilala ako... may PhD in molecular biology (second course) tapos naglawyer pa siya at age 40 din ;) go for it!;)
  • Flaxen04Flaxen04 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    nice people..very supportive..tingnan niyo nga si melanie marquez..kahit mali ang grammar..nagaaral ng law..:) all i can say is..what other people think about you is none of your business..it's your happiness at stake..and it's your life..
  • F-A SoldierF-A Soldier PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    BravoBaste wrote: »
    nid pa to find a steady job that will allow me to work at the same time attend my clasess..after work..
    Ibenta mo yung katawan mo. Mga babae naman yon lang ang habol jan. Gamitan na lang.
  • jazzmine22jazzmine22 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    BravoBaste wrote: »

My Dad entered law school at 35 years old, and yung bestfriend niya na kasabay niyang nag-enroll was already 42 then.

Go lang TS, walang pinipiling edad ang pag-aaral. The more you learn, the more you grow as a person. Goodluck, and bakit ka mahihiya? Taas Noo dapat, kasi you are someone aiming to make himself productive and a much better individual. :)

Flaxen04 wrote: »
    nice people..very supportive..tingnan niyo nga si melanie marquez..kahit mali ang grammar..nagaaral ng law..:) all i can say is..what other people think about you is none of your business..it's your happiness at stake..and it's your life..

wow.. nag la-law pala si Melanie? and kudos on what you said Enzo. *okay*
  • jazzmine22jazzmine22 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    and then?....what happened after that? oh let me guess, your dad found his calling (and pleasure) in wiping asss that is why he opted to become a lawly nurse instead. am i right or am i right? :naughty:

same old same old. Haters gonna hate, yeah, i remember. :D

But okay, so you could learn something today other than your nonsense jologness, my dad got petitioned, so he was not able to finish law, stopped on his 3rd year, migrated to california, and used his RN title to earn decent money to buy a house of his own in SANFO, to send me and my brother to college, and to have a comfy life we have right now. And my dad is not wiping as s (and if ever that's the case, what's wrong in wiping a s s of patients' who couldn't do that for themselves? Is there something wrong with that? Care to share? Because for all i know, thats part of caring), he's a chemo nurse, taking care of patients, children with cancer, if they poo, it is the nursing aide who does the cleaning. Clear? Or clear?

So you're belittling that? Wow. You are such an a s s hole to think that way. Well, I am proud of my dad wiping a s s according to you? It is much better than being an as s hole dont you think? :p
  • age doesn't matter=) go for it if yan nag gusto mo
  • hooneyhooney PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    why not may kilala nga ako na 54 years old nung nag enroll sa college of law, nagtataka pa nga ako paano niya lahat ipinapasok sa utak niya yung mga cases then may trabaho pa siya
  • ka_denizka_deniz PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    go lang ng go pare.

same situation ako. ang mahirap lang yung simula. kasi nakakatamad na.

pero pursigi ka lang.
  • Wala ako nakikitang masama if you go back to Law School. :)
  • Go TS go TS go! Go TS go TS go! Go TS go TS go! :cheerleader:

Hehehe...la lang...just remembering my law school days. I also want to add to the vote of confidence that the other posters have already made with this piece of insight:

my classmates who were your age and older were some of the best in class. Why? Because with their age came wisdom and maturity which some of the younger students didn't have no matter how well they knew the books. While there is no denying the rigid reading requirements of law school, there is also no denying that how you think and how you see things also make a difference. My older classmates were the once I listened to during recitations. Whether they were right or wrong, they always gave the class something to think about.

Just a word of caution: huwag ka pikon. Part of a law professor's job description is being an a s s hole and I can almost guarantee you that your age will not exempt you from their a s s holiness.
  • Dad ko ngLOA ng MBA sa DLSU for 30+ years. Hindi na nga LOA tawag dun eh hehehe. Ayun tinapos nya. OFW din kasi siya kaya napilitan mgstop, nung ngretire na siya binalikan na nya.
  • ^Sa mga evening/weekend classes ng Arellano at Lyceum marami doon matanda na rin.

Understandable naman kasi hindi naman lahat ng parents kaya paaralin anak nila ng extra 5 years just to finish law, especially males na kailangan talaga magtrabaho.

Ang advice ko lang, be ready to take in a lot of criticisms. Pansin ko kasi older students tend to have a higher pride, hirap sa pagtanggap ng criticisms at sermon. Hindi lang sermon ang ginagawa sa law school, minsan personal na bastusan talaga.
  • neinsagerneinsager PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    my civ law rev professor is 91 years old and she still studies all day every day. if she can do it, so can you.
  • neinsager wrote: »
    my civ law rev professor is 91 years old and she still studies all day every day. if she can do it, so can you.

who's this? prof a. baviera?
  • hooney wrote: »
    why not may kilala nga ako na 54 years old nung nag enroll sa college of law, nagtataka pa nga ako paano niya lahat ipinapasok sa utak niya yung mga cases then may trabaho pa siya

baka naman mas mataas lang ang iq ni 54 year old kaysa iyo, ineng. :bashful:
  • Ibenta mo yung katawan mo. Mga babae naman yon lang ang habol jan. Gamitan na lang.

and of course this insight was derived from your personal experience. :rotflmao: