Home PEx Hobbies Music and Radio
Are you a pageant expert? Join the PEx Miss Universe Quiz Night on May 16!

Fete de la Musique -- did you go?

It was a French festival showcasing Filipino music at the Fort last Saturday. Who went? Who'd you watch? How'd you like it?

Comments

• hey Cala - the fete had its ups and downs... great concept and fantastic performances from pinikpikan, mojofly and all the reggae groups... although we werent able to catch everything since places filled up fast and things were happening simultaneously...

meanwhile, any buzz on freestyle?
  • ...............I WAS SUPPOSED TO GO BUT ENDED UP BEING SICK. ALTHOUGH IT WASN'T SPECIAL OR ANYTHING, OK NA RIN SANA. SAYANG PUMUNTA PA NAMAN EX KO.
  • i saw, er heard, part of slapshock(?) and razorback's sets. i'm not a big rock fan though so i didn't really appreciate it as much as some other fanatics might have, and getting bumped by an army of sweaty head-bangin boys ain't exactly my thang :D
    brownbeat all-star(?) was pretty good! i also got to see a bit of the band that played after them, i forget the name, they were ok too, not as upbeat as brown though.
    like suntanned, i thought the whole festival was a good concept :)
  • CalaCala PExer
    i was at storeys most of the night for the world/alternative music. missed pinikpikan and imago, but i was just in time to see bob aves with his entourage of maestros! noel cabangon, miong pacana, bo razon... also at storeys were cynthia alexander and grace nono. quite a treat it all was.

took a peek at the other places, jammed like crazy: saw bits of mojofly at slim jims, brownbeat at caramba. i didnt even attempt to go to fat willys.

moonberry: i think ur talking about Spy. yeah, they're cool.

i heard there was some sort of opening activity/performance. what happened?

[This message has been edited by Cala (edited 06-28-2000).]
  • zimdudezimdude PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    I did not go last year, when this thread started, and I want to go this year - it's on Saturday, June 23. Here's the lineup which was posted by Penny Tan to the philimon Yahoo! group.

World Myx at the Republic of Malate Indoors:
    Opening
    Bo Razon and Puro Ritmo
    Makiling Ensemble Imago
    Cynthia Alexander

Rock Myx at the Republic of Malate Outdoors:
    Garlic
    Pinwheel
    Moonstar88
    Rayyn
    Murder of Crows
    Razorback
    Radioactive Sago Project
    Sandwich Rivermaya

MYXTREME at the Hobbit House:
    Third World Project
    Tresemon
    Spy
    Tropical Depression
    Brownbeat Allstars

BLUES/JAZZ at the Survival Caf?:
    Moise
    Aquarella Triao
    Bluesviminda with Cooky Chua
    Blue Rats
    Mr. Crayon

URBAN AND DANCE MYX at Krakatoa:
    63 Squad?s
    Kimosave
    DJ Coki
    MC Dash
    Groovenation?s Toti Dalmacion
    Edge Pamute
    DJ Cyril
    Acousma Bingo
  • bubububu PExer
    eto lang ba line-up?
  • I did! I stayed mostly in Republic of Malate. I saw for the first time Imago (the latter half), Cynthia Alexander and Pinikpikan. I now understand why Cynthia Alexander has lots of fans, galing nila! I particularly liked Tory (?), ganda ng dating nya, and Zach, mabait, kahit ilang beses nauumpog yong mike nya di sya nagagalit hehe. Late na sobra natapos, pero I'm glad I went. Who else went?