COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance. Please update your email address.

Thanks,
pexer99

IELTS at TOEFL

Comments

• mark_chizmark_chiz Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    tuloy pa rin pa rin promo ng niners?
  • Kelangan ba talagang mag enrol sa review center to pass IELTS? I took TOEFL but I did self-review. May packet (CD+review booklet) na binigay at yon lang binasa ko. Pano ba ang IELTS? Nag-expire kasi ang TOEFL ko, hinihintay ko nalang mag reply ang CGFNS kung tatanggapin pa nila yon considering na nag-aaral naman ako sa US for the past 2 years. If not, mag-exam uli ako. I am thinking if IELTS or TOEFL ba kukunin ko.

For me, madali lang ang TOEFL basta focus ka lang during sa exam.
  • mark_chizmark_chiz Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    guys sino malapit sa monumento kelangan by 3s para 3 thousand... PM me kung sino gusto!
  • nextcareernextcareer Next Career Center Academy PExer
    Hey Guys we can help you with your IELTS exam. Our Training Center, Next Career Center Academy, offers the best program in the counrty. We also have the cheapest rates. Our "Unlimited Review" is only offered at 2,000. This promo is availabke until the end of March. We will train you until you pass. You will have access to all our materials for free. Our classes are also very small. We have 1 teacher for every 25 students. You can be assured that we will coach you one-on-one. For more details just pm me. You can also contact us at 416-6569, email [email protected] or visit us at www.nxtacademy.com.
  • kinxstuffkinxstuff Member PExer
    Hello sino dito ang taga calamba? meron bang ielts review center na reputable dito?
  • VeronRNVeronRN Member PExer
    Kelangan ba talagang mag enrol sa review center to pass IELTS? I took TOEFL but I did self-review. May packet (CD+review booklet) na binigay at yon lang binasa ko. Pano ba ang IELTS? Nag-expire kasi ang TOEFL ko, hinihintay ko nalang mag reply ang CGFNS kung tatanggapin pa nila yon considering na nag-aaral naman ako sa US for the past 2 years. If not, mag-exam uli ako. I am thinking if IELTS or TOEFL ba kukunin ko.

For me, madali lang ang TOEFL basta focus ka lang during sa exam.

You don't really need go to a review center. You can do it on your own by practicing and conversing in English. Like keeping a journal to pratice writing and listenning to British English from the BBC etc. most of the review center I heard are really full and its difficult to get a chance to have a one on one for the practice speaking. Anyway goodluck!
  • Kent_210Kent_210 Member PEx Guru 🎖️🎖️
    I downloaded several IELTS ebooks, audio and vids. I am planning to take next month!

I agree, IELTS exam is something na hindi na kelangan gastusan, solved na ito sa self review!
  • jay08jay08 Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    where did you download your materials? gusto ko na rin magIELTS na and i don't want to attend a review center. 1 month ba is enough for review? ano ba dapat kunin yung GT or AT?
  • merovingianmerovingian Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    ^General Training Module is usually taken by those who are planning to immigrate to various countries and by those who are going to be working as 'skilled workers'.

Academic Module, on the other hand, is taken by those who are planning to study abroad and those who are going to be working as 'professionals' such as nurses.

As you know, the IELTS exam tests your English skills ie. Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking. You don't really need to enroll in a review center because 'skills' per se is learned through practice. It's not as if you enroll for a 2-week review, you would majorly improve these skills. Since, we live in the Philippines, that gives us an advantage to score well in this exam as we listen, read, write, and speak English. If you're not that confident, you could try searching for sample exams online. British Council also has a library which you can go to for free once you register with them. They have a lot of IELTS books which you can study.
  • jay08jay08 Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    is British Council an office here or website? for a nurse who is planning to immigrate should take the GT, right?
  • bybybybybyby Member PExer
    jay08 wrote: »
    is British Council an office here or website? for a nurse who is planning to immigrate should take the GT, right?

Usually nurses take the academic module. But you should ask your employer/embassy to answer your query.
  • koreanfreakkoreanfreak Member PExer
    mark_chiz wrote: »
    tuloy pa rin pa rin promo ng niners?

Hi, I called Niners and they told me their promo would be until May 15 na lang. I also need 2 buddies, pa PM na lang po kung di pa kayo enrolled or balak nyo mag-enroll. thanks!

By the way, I'm planning to enroll in their Manila branch. They said it's OK to enroll in Manila branch kahit yung iba sa buddies mo sa ibang branches planong magreview... thanks!
    I got a score of 9 in Listening because of Niner. :)
  • 733733 doglover PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I hope I'll pass the IELTS. I find it difficult cause I'm not really that good in english. :mecry:

I'm going to ernoll at 9 Niners. I really hope that this will help me boost my confidence when answering the questions and get the required score for each concept. :(
  • dikonaalamdikonaalam the prince of nursing PExer
    ^wag ka mag-alala 733, mahalaga may alam ka sa English at may test-taking strategies ka.

Yung friend ko, sa Niners din nag-review. May 9.0 nga siya. ehehe.
    dikonaalam wrote: »
    ^wag ka mag-alala 733, mahalaga may alam ka sa English at may test-taking strategies ka.

Yung friend ko, sa Niners din nag-review. May 9.0 nga siya. ehehe.

Yup kaya sa Niners ako magreview sana makakuha din ako ng mataas na score sa lahat ng concept. :bashful: Sana makapasa talaga ako sa IELTS. *okay* Nahihiya tuloy ako. :depressed:
    733 wrote: »
    Yup kaya sa Niners ako magreview sana makakuha din ako ng mataas na score sa lahat ng concept. :bashful: Sana makapasa talaga ako sa IELTS. *okay* Nahihiya tuloy ako. :depressed:

Bakit ka naman mahihiya? Do you have an IELTS-like subject during college?
    bybyby wrote: »
    Bakit ka naman mahihiya? Do you have an IELTS-like subject during college?

Meron naman kami english program, actually madami kaso sa sobrang tagal naging stagant yung mind ko sa house namin feeling ko nadeteriorate yung english skills ko. Actually I don't have problem with my speaking/listening/writing/reading skills naman before or am I just too naive to think those things right now.

Sabi ng iba kong kasama ok naman yung composition ko, medyo curious lang ako siguro. Sa sobrang curious ko eh I have this tendecies na palalain yung words ko from simple to complex.

Realy need to brush up my words. But I know that I can do it just need to encourage myself lang ulit. And nowadays nagiging mahiyain talaga ako if you would compare it when I was n college. :depressed:
    Bring back your confidence, you'll really need that. I had a one month full review at Niner for their unlimited review package. I also attended Sir Ervin's final coaching. It helped me a lot. I reckon english is an innate ability, you cannot learn perfect english in a snap.

During my examination...

Listening - I thought it went well. I accepted the fact that I cannot score perfectly for any of the subtest because during exercises and practices, my highest would be 37-38/40. During the actual exam, it was easy. Pero may 2 items pa rin akong hindi narinig. Nakakataas ng anxiety kapag hindi mo narinig. I took the liberty to have an intellectual guess for that two.

Reading - Mind you, it was the hardest. It seems to me that as the passage progresses it doubles its level of difficulty. The last five items was a total chaos. Alam mo yung pakiramdam na BAHALA na.

Writing - Writing task 1 was a table. Writing task 2 was about people and society. Knowing that I can write better than converse, I really felt that I outdid myself for an hour. I already extracted everything that I can grasp and even the invigilator announced that the time is over, I continued writing my last two edited words. It wasn't the ideal tasks for me. And I admit that it was hard to think of synonyms for 'wedding' and 'television'.

Speaking - My weakness. It was the longest 15 minutes of my life. My examiner was a blue-eyed guy. He was not intimidating, he was laughing but he had mannerisms that could deflate your confidence tremendously and he did that three times. 6/12 of the questions were about, ugh, Park. Kung anu ano na ang pinagsasabi kong parks.
    bybyby wrote: »
    Bring back your confidence, you'll really need that. I had a one month full review at Niner for their unlimited review package. I also attended Sir Ervin's final coaching. It helped me a lot. I reckon english is an innate ability, you cannot learn perfect english in a snap.

During my examination...

Listening - I thought it went well. I accepted the fact that I cannot score perfectly for any of the subtest because during exercises and practices, my highest would be 37-38/40. During the actual exam, it was easy. Pero may 2 items pa rin akong hindi narinig. Nakakataas ng anxiety kapag hindi mo narinig. I took the liberty to have an intellectual guess for that two.

Reading - Mind you, it was the hardest. It seems to me that as the passage progresses it doubles its level of difficulty. The last five items was a total chaos. Alam mo yung pakiramdam na BAHALA na.

Writing - Writing task 1 was a table. Writing task 2 was about people and society. Knowing that I can write better than converse, I really felt that I outdid myself for an hour. I already extracted everything that I can grasp and even the invigilator announced that the time is over, I continued writing my last two edited words. It wasn't the ideal tasks for me. And I admit that it was hard to think of synonyms for 'wedding' and 'television'.

Speaking - My weakness. It was the longest 15 minutes of my life. My examiner was a blue-eyed guy. He was not intimidating, he was laughing but he had mannerisms that could deflate your confidence tremendously and he did that three times. 6/12 of the questions were about, ugh, Park. Kung anu ano na ang pinagsasabi kong parks.

Thanks a lot bybyby :D Really appreciate it. :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file