Home PEx Business and Careers The Working Filipino

[Poll] The Content in this Forum

In your opinion, is the overall content in this forum (Business and Careers)

a) too light
b) too heavy
c) just right

Please choose one. Thanks.

Comments

• Actually, I feel the traffic is too light. LOL

The content swings from too light to just right for me.

May Angels smile upon you,
    Joe
  • NoisyCricketNoisyCricket PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    i love the place! :D finally! an interesting bulletin board-site. forget all those
    re: re: re: re: :mad: perverts out there. this site is da bomb!

Pinoy Exchange. I like.

[This message has been edited by Noisy Cricket (edited 06-18-2000).]
  • PINOY EXCHANGE. i like. :)
  • nixnix Administrator PEx Moderator
    Yes, the content in this forum is still a bit on the light side. Not too many corporate managers giving their feedback just yet.
  • zimdudezimdude PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Maybe you have to find a way to promote this site for corporate managers? And not just geeks wonder.gif
  • NoisyCricketNoisyCricket PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    "I'm not a slave. I'm a person. And my name is Anakin." This geek eventually becomes the Ruler of the Empire, 2nd only to the Emperor. Geeks RULE!

[This message has been edited by Noisy Cricket (edited 06-19-2000).]
  • Originally posted by nix:
    Yes, the content in this forum is still a bit on the light side. Not too many corporate managers giving their feedback just yet.

Would you prefer the dark side? I can give you case studies and facts about corporate takeovers, insider trading, unethical practices, and the such... I know what you mean about the feedback ... I would like some regarding my HOT TIPS! :D:D:D

• Originally posted by zimdude:
    Maybe you have to find a way to promote this site for corporate managers? And not just geeks wonder.gif

I never thought of myself as a geek, but as an individual who can perhaps contribute to the education of society... I may not be well adept to everything under the sun , however I am willing to share all my knowledge and experiences with everyone who would like to learn. To learn is to self actualize.... and to self actualize is to live. :D:D:D

Well I'm a tech geek trying to diversify into other things!

But if the SPRITE campaign is any indication, PEx/MyPhilippines is targeting this system towards the young 'uns, and not those sitting in the manager's chair.
  • We need more replies. Bumping to the top.
  • this forum is just right for me... decent people to talk to... decent talk going on.. informative... profitable (sana!)...

i just hope we don't get threads here like "siopao: asado or bola bola" and the replies are just "asado tsalap tsalap" or "bola bola yum yum" hehehe... no offense but i think topics like that poll na lang na votes tapos may results... hehe..
  • green gringreen grin PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    lol.gif @ denslim. but i can't help myself when i say that i find dailo's, senator yak's, bb's, kd's, nix's, gilbey's, zimdude's and the others' contributions here "gleng gleng".

hey, pollster! i'd say the overall content is "just right". but i wouldn't mind if it got heavier. ;)

looks like not many new posts or posters nowadays... what makes it so?

Zimdude -- There still are a lot, I guess that since the upgrade, people are just starting to familiarize themselves with the Web.

I'll try to create a variation of this forum topic -- What would be the ideal Business and Careers forum for you? What would the content be like, and who are the personalities you would like to post here?
  • aticusaticus PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I think, with the notable exception of a few posters, this forum is way too light. Not enough real business being discussed.

I'd like the people to discuss not just situations as they are, but as they ought to be. I'd also like them to discuss things, well, more "businessy" than what's being currently discussed. And, finally, when people do discuss business, I'd really like for them to not just give their opinions, but back them up with justification, logic and proof. I mean, if all we end up doing is just mentioning things like some of the other forums... (which shall remain nameless in the interest of me not getting banned), then this isn't really a business and careers forum but a hang-out for people who work.

This forum would benefit so much from good, solid communication regarding some of the following, for instance:

a) Employer-Employee relations
    b) The State of the RP economy, and how to improve it?
    c) Peso vs. Dollar: To defend or not to defend?
    d) Should the Philippines' prime economic focus remain agricultural?
    e) Is the minimum wage really accomplishing what it set out to do?
    f) Should we create an Oil Cartel?
    g) Should the government regulate Smart and Globe?
    h) Bartolome and Borlongan: Death Penalty for Economic Saboteurs?
    i) What should the government follow: A model for social equity, or the single-minded improvement of industry?

I mean, there's soooo much more to talk about. (Disclaimer: If any of these topics have been posted before, my apologies. But I would still say that, while they may have been posted, they're not being DISCUSSED.)

What direction is this forum going to take? Are we going to accept ads for people who'll sell disposable underwear next? Yeah, like that would REALLY be good for Business AND our careers...

• KuyaDannyKuyaDanny Moderator PEx Moderator
    Finally! Constructive criticism! Suggestions! Actual topic proposals! Whoopeee! Thank you very much.

I think we have found an ally.

I have been struggling with the content issue for the last few months. I always aim to strike a balance between depth and breadth. Considering the backgrounds of most of our membership, I've always decided on the breadth side in cases of doubt. And even though this forum has grown faster than the total membership since April, we are still one of the smallest fora here at PEx.

Not to worry, aticus. Ads are eventually migrating to their own place. I needed them to generate readership. Now I think we can stand on our own.

As to the rest of your concerns, I invite (challenge, even) you to start discussions on the different areas you have suggested. I'll be there backing you up. The business world relies a lot on experience, and oftentimes members can be intimidated by the complexity of the subject matter. And there lies the challenge, aticus. Good questions, properly phrased and appropriately timed, can produce good discussions.

Show us all how, and we will respond.

I hope the serious topics would get some discussion, to my knowledge there is no forum, mailing list or even website covering Philippine business or general business in a Philippine context.

Alas, topics like what aticus mentioned would be lalangawin dito sa PEx considering the audience. So for the administrators the challenge would be bringing in the readership.

That is, if the Philippine online community has people interested at all...
  • Originally posted by DAILO
    I can give you case studies and facts about corporate takeovers, insider trading, unethical practices, and the such...

this would be interesting...why dont you share some of it Dailo :)
  • aticusaticus PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Well, Kuya Danny, I took up your challenge, but it doesn't seem to be working...

With the notable exception of a few very good responses (check out those by bagyoboy and Batang Uliran in the Agriculture post, excellent...) there doesn't seem to be much interest in these kinds of topics. I even tried to mix them up: social (Death Penalty), economic (Peso), etc...

Nothing seems to work. It's getting to be frustrating. I mean, have you seen the kind of powderpuff topics and responses in some of the threads??? Jeez...

Am seriously considering retiring from PEx.
    Powderpuff topics? :) Well, PEx so far has succeeded in getting more of the younger crowd. One of our next goals is to attract a more professional sort. If you have any friends you can bring in, by all means do so.