FEATURE ADJUSTMENT: The Flag button is temporarily unavailable for members. We are doing certain system adjustments as of the moment to prevent some users from abusing this feature. For reports, please message the moderators or email us at [email protected]
PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!

All About Photography

Comments

• greywolf18greywolf18 http://www.eyreaustero.com PExer
    hi guys,

i'm now planning to upgrade from a point and shoot camera (Canon G9) to a DSLR. my plan is to go for either the Canon 500D or Nikon D5000. in fact, i've written a full article regarding this in my blog site:
    http://www.eyreaustero.com/post/Beginner-Photographer-Starter-Kit.aspx

to the more exprienced hobbyists/photographers here, I'd like to know your suggestions/opinions befor I make the purchase....thanks...:)
  • LaLizaLaLiza All That Jazz PExer
    Fallen Angel. From last year. This was the first time I used my DSLR.

3198617183_74a6809bc9.jpg

3201529436_ac1d07ec0b.jpg

3199987511_e07f5a5c4d.jpg
  • kubwakkubwak Member PExer
    greywolf18 wrote: »
    hi guys,

i'm now planning to upgrade from a point and shoot camera (Canon G9) to a DSLR. my plan is to go for either the Canon 500D or Nikon D5000. in fact, i've written a full article regarding this in my blog site:
    http://www.eyreaustero.com/post/Beginner-Photographer-Starter-Kit.aspx

to the more exprienced hobbyists/photographers here, I'd like to know your suggestions/opinions befor I make the purchase....thanks...:)

Don't forget that the the Nikon D5000 doesn't have an autofocus motor built into the body while the Canon 500D has it.

Nikon D5000 + 50mm 1.8 = Manual focus
  • greywolf18greywolf18 http://www.eyreaustero.com PExer
    kubwak wrote: »
    Don't forget that the the Nikon D5000 doesn't have an autofocus motor built into the body while the Canon 500D has it.

Nikon D5000 + 50mm 1.8 = Manual focus

Thanks for the info...I'll be updating my blog entry so that others who might stumble upon my site will also benefit from this info.....:)
  • tickle_me_emotickle_me_emo you had me @ "get lost" PExer
    Those balls are huge!

DSC_0134.JPG
    teyr wrote: »
    gurus, I'm a journ student and i'll be needing a dslr for my photojourn class. An entry-level dslr, would be fine. I've learned that phased-out na yung nikon d40, and some nikon d60. What would be the next best option? What dslr can you recommend. tia.

D40 is a fantastic camera, i think you can still buy D40 in Hidalgo..or you can buy 2nd hand ones from trusted sellers.

if you cant and wont..get the nikon D3000 or D5000, they're starter DSLRs too...(D5000 has more bang for your buck)
  • dianneeeeedianneeeee ♥ PExer
    LaLiza wrote: »
    photobug here. :-) started December last year. I'm using Canon 50d.

Here are some of my latest shots:

4135247775_a9cab723e8.jpg

4113208351_799caf2cb8.jpg

4034705001_a62b72b047.jpg

4077582953_f58e3f53e3.jpg

♥ it! *okay*
  • shalomsiyshalomsiy Boy Kuripot PExer
    Nice photos! You guys should try to enter photo contests. Here are some photo contests I found on the web *okay*

http://boy-kuripot.blogspot.com/search/label/photo
  • johnski_07johnski_07 Lakwatsero!
    Ask ko lang, bumili ako kahapon ng canon powershot a480... bakit laging lumalabas yung date and time settings pag turn on ko... pinalitan ko na ang battery ganun pa rin... yung isa ko naman kodak digicam hindi ganun... pano yun every time na on ko siya iset ko lagi ang date and time? :)
  • F-22 RaptorF-22 Raptor Member ✭✭
    Between the Nikon D300 S and Canon 7D,what camera would you choose?And why?
    Thanks.
  • piratekingpirateking iku! iku! PExer
    im not a photographer pero i got to test those two cameras in a camera shop. same settings, mas accurate ang nakukuhang color ng canon, D300S vs canon 7D and 50D

kaso mas mahal ang canon 7D compare sa D300s.
    flagship yata ng canon ang 7D. not sure though.
  • condomancondoman True Blue Maroon ✭✭
    Thanks.

Choosing which camera to buy is not only a technical choice, but a personal one as well. How it handles in your hands, weight, color saturation, user-friendliness, etc... are all important considerations. Whether it is the Canon7D or Nikon D300s, it is better that the pros analyze the technical details for you, while you analyze the camera based on your personal preferences. Note that the image on the LCD may not be the same as that which you view on your computer monitor. This means one picture may look good on one camera's LCD and look less saturated on another; but when viewed on the same computer monitor they may look similar. Besides, if you plan to Photoshop your pictures extensively anyway, then any camera's supposed advantages are for naught.

Plus there are other things to consider: are the lenses the same kind? are all the settings eaxctly the same - and I am not only talking about aperture and shutter speed, but the entire spectrum of settings, from white balance, color management, exposure values, etc...Sometimes, the differences in color, sharpness, and quality are results of the lens you put on. On PCworld, there were comparisons made among diff sensors: a 6MP, 10MP, 12MP and 15MP camera, and there were hardly any noticeable differences on screen or on a printed picture.

So if someone says you should buy a camera bec it has more pixels, he just wants to sell you the camera. Example: the sensor on a point and shoot Canon Ixus SD990 14MP camera is 0.43 cm² - which is smaller than the 10MP sensor on a Canon EOS 1000DSLR (3.28 cm²).

Before I purchased another dlsr, I pored over reviews of competing models and side-by-side comparisons (just google canon 7D vs. Nikon D300s). If I had to choose between two cameras, it would be between the Canon 7D vs. the Nikon D700, with reviews favoring the Nikon D700 because of its full frame sensor.

I also read Nikon will unveil a new D700 (D800?) replacement which will feature a 24MP full frame sensor (35mm), just like the $8000 Nikon D3X. Now this is worth waiting for.
  • clawed_outclawed_out Banned by Admin PExer
    Those balls are huge!

DSC_0134.JPG

Is this in Manhattan?

I miss NYC!
    clawed_out wrote: »
    Is this in Manhattan?

I miss NYC!

yes, at the avenue of the americas (6th ave.) near radio city music hall
  • mossberrymossberry Member PExer
    Guys, do you want to "lomo-fy" your digicams and mobile cameras? i'm selling Lomobile/Jelly Lens on Multiply. Perfect Christmas gift for budding lomo aficionados. Please check it out...

http://mossberry.multiply.com/photos/album/5#

Thanks!
  • valdeauniavaldeaunia The Jinx ✭✭✭
    Thanks.

Between the two: I'd go for the 7D.

Probable reason: Nabitin ako ng 30k+ pesos for a 5D MarkII :lol:
  • dweebidweebi Member PExer
    Share ko lang unexperience ko kasi Im quite disappointed. I got a lens from lens4less just yesterday, when I checked the site today, there's a similar lens to what Ive purchased. Ang malungkot dun mas okay ang quality (AB- un nakuha ko, A un bagong post) nung bagong post and me box + case. 300 lang un difference. He refused to exchange my purchase with the newer one. Feeling ko tuloy nadaya ako sa presyo.
  • loc0loc0 loc0.deviantart.com PExer
    4163592024_45dd5f65c7.jpg
  • nash_bedistanash_bedista Member ✭✭✭✭
    4192319426_a9b976fdfb.jpg

HDR effect .. Taal Vista, Tagaytay

4190475322_d6eb2e0b18.jpg

my lola ..
  • clawed_outclawed_out Banned by Admin PExer
    ^ I love the effects on your Tagaytay pic and your Lola is so endearing!
    yes, at the avenue of the americas (6th ave.) near radio city music hall

How's the snow storm treating you? We were planning on spending our NYE there but the fares are so expensive plus the storm was the last straw that broke the camel's back.

Kainis. Next year?! Kitakits if ever!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file