Home PEx Hobbies Anime and Manga
Join our PEx Olympics Quiz Night and win GCash prizes! 🏅

what store sells er...englishized manga/graphic novels?

I have have *have* to get Fushigi Yuugi on hard copy, but the only store I know (at MCS) sells only original japanese manga.

While I'd otherwise love those, sadly, I don't read japanese :(

So, I need to find a place that sells english versions. I know Animerica/Viz published a series of graphic novels on the series. And a friend told me that there are stores that sell Dub Comics published ones na averaging mga 80PhP/each lang.

So where do I find these places? And how much kaya?

Thanks in advance!

If you sell, you can email me at [email protected]

Comments

• yep. Naglabas ng GNs ang Animerica and I still see them sa ibang Comic Quest shops. As for yung Dub comics, sa filbars meron, i think. hope that helps.
  • um price pala nung GN is around 600Php or more ata.
  • redwitchredwitch PEx Rookie ⭐
    Sa Filbars english dubbed mangas?
  • laarnilaarni PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Power Books and Filbars sell English manga for only 80 pesos. They have Love Hina, Slam dunk, Ah! My Goddess and Fushigi Yuugi.

I get them because they are a lot cheaper than the others which cost 600 pesos.
  • where is Filbars?Power Books?(i know ive heard of Power Books bfor...)
  • laarnilaarni PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Power Books has branches in Megamall and Pasay Road, Makati.

Power Books Megamall can be seen if you are at EDSA dahil nasa dulo yon ng Megamall. Power Books sa Pasay Road, malapit sa Landmark, tatawid ka nga lang.

Filbar's I'm not sure about their other branches pero I go to Megamall. Marami din silang anime products ng mga animes currently shown on TV. Posters, bookmarks, cards and they are really cheap!
  • ergh...
    npakalayo sa amin...
  • Thank you skybastian and laarni :) god bless you
  • You might want to look at the Tokyopop line of GNs. They're currently the hottest thing in translated manga as they leave the pages unflipped and they've got a wide selection to boot. P650 per GN.
  • QuentinQuentin PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    the ones in powerbooks are cheap, but most have low quality. it's like they downloaded it from some scanslation website and printed it to sell. some of the translations are even bad.
  • Originally posted by nixxienix
    Thank you skybastian and laarni :) god bless you

I...er...I feel blessed. thanks. :bungi:
  • Originally posted by Jenskot
    You might want to look at the Tokyopop line of GNs. They're currently the hottest thing in translated manga as they leave the pages unflipped and they've got a wide selection to boot. P650 per GN.

Pero wala pa atang FY ang TokyoPop. Yung Ceres I think ang meron sila.
  • Originally posted by redwitch
    Sa Filbars english dubbed mangas?

Yung thin GNs, I think they're called Zoo, and Dub comics. :wave:
  • Originally posted by ViperXtreme
    where is Filbars?Power Books?(i know ive heard of Power Books bfor...)

Meron din filbars sa katipunan, quezon ave, sm north, glorietta (i think?), at...dami pa di ko na matandaan...
  • Originally posted by skybastian

Pero wala pa atang FY ang TokyoPop. Yung Ceres I think ang meron sila.

meron sa Animerica Magazine... sa Greenhills ata meron nun.
  • punta ka sa ali mall , 2nd floor kahelera ng mga PC shops

meronbilihan ng anime
  • CCHQ at katipunan. i think they have angelic layer, chobits, initial d, card captor there. and if my memory is right, then it costs around 800 per volume(almost double the price of the jap)
  • I couldn't find the dub comics things in powerbooks...

and ok, so how much do the FY graphic novels by animerica/viz cost ba talaga? 600 or 800?

i got 1,2 and 3 in ebay, pero parang medyo napamahal ako. close to 800P/each sila, (kasama na shipping.) I need nalang 4,5,6 and 7, so I wanna go to greenhills soon :)