3/4 c water

Gelatin:
    1 1/2 c pineapple juice
    2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
    1 c water
    6 T sugar
    2 T calamansi or lemon juice
    1 can fruit cocktail

Sponge cake: Preheat oven 325 degrees F. Beat eggs until fluffy. Add sugar and continue beating until thick. Fold in the dry ingredients and add the melted butter. Pour into 8 x 12" baking pan and bake for 15-20 mins.

Filling: Blend sugar, flour, evaporated milk, egg yolk and water together in a double boiler. Stir over fire until it thickens. Remove from fire and cool over ice. Set aside.

Gelatin: Blend all ingredients except for the fruit cocktail in a double boiler and cook for 20 mins. Allow to cool.

Alternatively layer the cake with cream filling, fruit cocktail, and gelatin in a pyrex dish. Chill until set.
  • thank you Ira...i'll try it as soon as I can.....
  • IraIra PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Originally posted by Ada
    Jaja: If you want, you can just buy those ready-to-eat taisan loaves and use that as the sponge cake part. That's what I do since I find sponge cake so tedious to make.

And I thought I was the only one who cheated. :lol: On my part, I use those ladyfingers which you can buy in neighborhood bakeries--just layer them out. :D
  • frenzyfrenzy PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    You can also use Graham Crackers, in dark brown cans, in place of ingredients for the sponge cake. I assure you that Crema de Frutas taste better when made with Graham Crackers. :yum:
  • AdaAda Administrator PEx Moderator
    Jaja: If you want, you can just buy those ready-to-eat taisan loaves and use that as the sponge cake part. That's what I do since I find sponge cake so tedious to make.
  • Originally posted by frenzy
    You can also use Graham Crackers, in dark brown cans, in place of ingredients for the sponge cake. I assure you that Crema de Frutas taste better when made with Graham Crackers. :yum:

I totally agree with you! :yum:
  • Originally posted by frenzy

:yum: korek ka dyan!
    ...sarap ng Graham Crackers...hmm miss ko na crema de fruta ng mama ko! (hanap ng ingredients...makagawa nga!)
  • I've tried the recipe na pero I used Graham..para madali....and ang tala-talap....Thank you so.,so.,so much people....try niyo rin if u havent' tried it...
  • IraIra PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Originally posted by Jaja
    I've tried the recipe na pero I used Graham..para madali....and ang tala-talap....Thank you so.,so.,so much people....try niyo rin if u havent' tried it...

Naku...you didn't leave some for us?
  • talap-talap eh...don't worry the next time i'll make....bigyan kita...I owe it to you...thanx..gain..
  • frenzyfrenzy PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Jaja: Gawa ka ulit, tapos bigyan mo kame! :D
  • Tee_Z28Tee_Z28 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Please i'm really desperate for crema de fruta's recipe. PLease
    yung hindi na niluluto yung ni re-ref na lang.. please pati yung procedures thanks
  • Crema de fruta is a refrigerated cake, and it has basically the same ingredients as the graham cracker refrigerated cake that I make except that it uses ladyfingers (broas) or slices of chiffon cake instead of graham crackers.

Anyway, this is what I can share with you...

Graham Cracker Refrigerated Cake

Ingredients:
    Graham crackers
    fruit cocktail (drained)
    cream sauce (mixture of 1 regular-sized condense milk, 1 tetra pack Nestle All-purpose Cream & 1 small can Nestle Cream)
    clear gelatin (prepare LAST - cook according to package directions)

Procedure:
    1. Prepare standard cream sauce mixture by combining 1 regular-sized condense milk, 1 tetra pack of Nestle All Purpose Cream and 1 small can Nestle Cream. (This mixture is good for 2 layers on a 14x14 pan.)

2. Line a square pan with Graham crackers, spread fruit cocktail on top of Graham crackers, then pour in cream sauce to make one layer. Repeat to make more.

3. Cover last layer with Graham crackers, then pour slightly cooled prepared gelatin.

4. Refrigerate, then serve. :)
  • whytewhyte PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Yup. the same recipe here. we call it Iced Box Cake(without the gelatin)
    One time I used EGGNOGG biscuits or the like.
    Just dont make the cream sauce too sweet. i add some butter for it have a frosted look. very minimal though.
    If you could make use of fresh fruits the better. Ripe mangoes, peaches.
    Im imagining a kiwifruit-strawberry combination. ;)
  • monicaimonicai PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    babyFats: I've been looking for this recipe...thanks!!! :stolenkiss:
  • whyte: Nice suggestion on the fruits. I mostly use just fruit cocktail, but I love sweet mangoes and peaches as well. :yum:

monicai: Hey, no prob! Glad to have been able to share something. :)
    Yup. Actually, I just visualized it pa lang. But you cant go wrong with fresh fruits in deserts. ;)
  • Di rin... :nope:

Can you imagine santol or chico in crema de fruta? :eek:

ehehehe...
    sobra naman ata yung imagination mo.
    kung saan saang puno umabot. :D:D:D

anyway, this Christmas would be the time Id make Iced Box cake.
  • devil__1.gif just made one yesterday!!! sarap!!! thanks for the receipe, BabyFATS.