Home PEx Hobbies Anime and Manga

New anime in 2002

I personally call this "The Seven Wonders of the New Anime Season!" These are some of the top anime recently finished in Japan. I highly recommend these shows so grab a copy somewhere!

azumanga.jpg
Azumanga Daioh - Funniest anime of the season based on a 4-panel manga that features a bunch of girls (and a man) in a school setting. My favorite!

pica-0018_a.jpg
Ai Yori Aoshi - Romantic anime where two kids left their wealthy but strict families to live and love each other.

i_chi02.jpg
Chobits - From the manga by CLAMP creators of CCS, AL and X, a story about humanoid robots called persocons specifically one of the cutest anime girls, Chii.

hacksign_titre.gif
.hack//SIGN - Online RPG goes anime as characters solve the mysteries of The World.

pitaten.gif
PitaTen - Cute anime of the season, an apprentice angel and another apprentice devil seems to live together and becomes friends with kids from the neighborhood.

chara_rahxe03.gif
RahXephon - It's a little bit of Eva all over again as a man and woman discover a secret mecha that may save the enslaved world.

front.gif
Tokyo Underground - From the makers of Saiyuki, there is a world underground where people can harness mysterious powers unknown to the people in the world above.

Comments

• Just need to add two more to that list:

Full Metal Panic - Sci-fi mecha action with cute girls to boot. The ending may have been a little flat but overall, the show is a worth to watch.

And my favorite in terms of story and direction,

Saishuu Heiki Kanojo (Saikano) - Amidst a war, what will you do if you find out that your girlfriend is the ultimate weapon for mass destruction?

The perfect anime to counter the laughter/good feeling that Azumanga Daioh brings coz there's little to almost none of that in Saikano's story.
  • i have a feeling that the ff titles are gna be great.

ghost in the shell: stand alone complex

macross zero
  • i have a feeling that the ff titles are gna be great.

ghost in the shell: stand alone complex

macross zero

king gainer Overman

Gonzos new one "kiddy grade" seems dumb though, more like fan service heaven.
  • looks good looks good!!!!!
  • It's time for sequels and spinoffs!

Mahoromatic ~ Something More Beautiful - sequel to the highly popular (and ecchi) GAINAX project of last year, Mahoro returns in her robot maid adventures along with a new friend!

Sister Princess Re Pure - The 12 girls from Sister Princess are back! Each episode contains two parts, the first part is a regular story of the sisters, the second part focuses on a story of one girl.

Rizelmine 2nd Season - This sequel continues the story of Rizel and her Danna-sama where they left off. Story of Rizel trying to capture the heart of her beloved, but ends up crying 'literally' tears of bombs!

Galaxy Angel 3rd Season - Even more Galaxy Angels in this latest incarnation.

Nurse Witch Komugi-chan Magikarte - A spinoff of Soul Taker, this special focuses on Komugi-chan, the least serious character in that serious anime, and it is a magical comedy show.

Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex - A spinoff of the original movie. Highly recommended.

Other sequels/spinoffs I haven't heard too much about:
    Steel Angel Kurumi Pure
    Digimon Frontier
    TV drama You're Under Arrest (not anime)
    Gundam Seed
    Panyo Panyo Digi Charat
  • thehitmanthehitman PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Omegas, I've been living in the real world for too long!

Ey bluemist, kumpleto na ba lahat ng mga binanggit mo, puwera yung mga sequels? Paki-lagay na rin kung ilang episodes ang bawat title na binanggit mo. Salamat!

Malapit na ang pasko, oras na para mag-stock ulit ng mga bagong titles. Masyado kasi akong naaaliw sa YUA 2 kaya nalilimutan ko nang bumili ng bagong titles :glee:

:cool:
  • true_stepperstrue_steppers PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Naruto!

Naruto!

San meron makaakdownload ng chobits ppl? help naman...:cool:
  • The Seven Wonders are recently finished/completed showing in Japan:
    Azumanga Daioh - 1-26 (up to 25 subbed)
    Ai Yori Aoshi - 1-24 (completely subbed)
    Chobits - 1-26 (completely subbed)
    .hack//SIGN - 1-26 (completely subbed)
    Pitaten - 1-26 (up to 21 subbed)
    RahXephon - 1-26 (completely subbed)
    Tokyo Underground - 1-26 (up to 22 subbed)

Yung iba currently running pa.
    Thanks bluemist! Tapos na pala sa 24 yung AYA, akala ko hanggang 26 din siya.

Let's burn! :bounce2:

• Happy day!

Azumanga Daioh has been completely subbed!
    Can't wait to get the final episode!
  • saikano!!!
    .. glad the series is complete! cant wait to watch it all :)
  • Chobits can be downloaded off irc

server: irc.aniverse.com
    channels: anime-fury, animejunkies, anime-network

at madami pang iba! Chobits is one of the most popular, so halos lahat meron... just do an @find in the channels and there you go!
  • grabe rainedance! parang luv na luv mo ang chobits a? hehehe

hmmmm rainedance: wo ye ai zhong guo!!! :lol:
  • People should try out watching Naruto... it's so good, the fansubs come out barely a week after the episodes are aired in Japan TV, and two groups are fansubbing it...
  • Still going strong

some long running anime:

Full Moon wo Sagashite (ep. 32+) - A girl dreams of becoming an idol singer!
    Hikaru No Go (ep. 56+) - Story about the Japanese game 'Go'
    One Piece (ep. 131+) - Luffy and his pirate pals conquer the seas in search of the legendary treasure "One Piece"!
    Prince of Tennis (ep. 56+) - Join Ryoma and the Seigaku tennis club as they hone their tennis skills all the way through the tournaments!

Pokemon (ep. 278+) - Still alive.
    Digimon Frontier (ep. 30+) - New season of Digimon. Still there.
    Yu-gi-oh! (ep. 130+) - Still there.
    Rockman EXE (ep. 35+) - Rockman anime, haven't seen though.
    Tokyo Mew Mew (ep. 32+) - For some reason wanna see this one. This is magical girl-neko show.

Detective Conan (ep. 299+) - Wow quite long.
    Crayon Shin-chan (ep. 452+) - Wow very long!
    Doraemon (ep. 955+) - Wow very very long!
    Sazae-san (ep. 1692+) - Now this is ridiculous!
  • oh great! lots to look forward to it seems...
  • .Hack//SIGN i've completed it na...but haven't watch it lang nga :) hehehe
  • i've watch Azumanga, Ai Yori Aosi, .hack://SIGN & Chobits already in Jap... :teehee:
  • necr0necr0 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Peeps , salamat sa list.
    Ganda yung Ai Yori Aoshi , havent watched the others pero meron na kong copies..... too many anime, so little time talaga. :D
    Katatapos ko lang ng AYA nung weekend. Haay, ganda talaga! Parang kombinasyon ng Love Hina at Fruits Basket. Maganda yung mix ng comedy, romance, at drama.

Parang gusto kong isunod yung Azumanga...:bounce2: