Home PEx Lifestyle Health and Wellness
COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

[MERGED] Gonorrhea

Hello docs what are the symptoms of a person with Tulo ??,
can it be treated ??

Comments

• Gonorrhea is a sexually transmitted disease, so the prevention is pretty obvious.

In men, symptoms include a burning sensation when urinating and a yellowish white discharge from the penis. Sometimes men with gonorrhea get painful or swollen testicles. Men have symptoms more often than women.

In women, the early symptoms of gonorrhea are often mild, and many women who are infected have no symptoms of infection. Even when a woman has symptoms, they can be so non-specific as to be mistaken for a bladder or vaginal infection. The initial symptoms and signs in women include a painful or burning sensation when urinating and a vaginal discharge that is yellow or occasionally bloody. Women with no or mild gonorrhea symptoms are still at risk of developing serious complications from the infection. Untreated gonorrhea in women can develop into pelvic inflammatory disease

Symptoms of rectal infection include discharge, anal itching, soreness, bleeding, and sometimes painful bowel movements. Infections in the throat cause few symptoms.

Gonorrhea can be treated with antibiotics. Choice of antibiotics may include Cefixime, Ceftriaxone, Ciprofloxacin, Ofloxacin or Levofloxacin, usually as an intramuscular injection.
  • One important thing about the treatment: As with all sexually transmitted diseases, both partners have to be treated.
  • najanaja PExer
    ang "tulo" ba at gonorhea ay iisa? anong gamot doon? sapat na ba ang penicillin? salamat po
  • IraIra PEx Rookie ⭐
    I am not that adept with Filipino slang phrases, sorry. But gonorrhea will present as pus coming out either from the vagina or the penis. Penicillin will not work for gonorrhea anymore. The medication, ceftriaxone has to be given in one dose as an intramuscular injection. Another antibiotic may have to be given, since chlamydia may be present as a co-infection, or may even be the one causing the infection. You'll need to see a doctor for that.
  • hi question lang dati kasi nagkatulo ako tapos nag painject ako ng antibiotic. pagktapos nito nawala na yung white stuff na lumalabas tapos di na rin masakit pag ihi ko. pero ang problema minsan paggising ko mainit ang ihi ko pero di naman masakit, pero pagkatpos kong umihi medyo may konting hapdi parin. anyway should i worry about this? what medicine should i take? ayaw ko na kasing pumunta doctor kung pwepwede tsaka ya ko na magpainjection mahal kasi eh thanks
  • hmmm...there's no reply yet to this one.

i suggest you go see a urologist who can examine you. you may still have an infection. :) you didn't mention if you're sexually active but your symptoms can be a sign of a sexually transmitted disease.

burning sensation with urination can be caused by infectious (including sexually transmitted infections) and noninfectious conditions, but is most commonly due to bacterial infection of the urinary tract affecting the bladder. here's the rundown of the list of what can cause it:

* Kidney Stone
    * Prostatitis
    * Reactive Arthritis
    * Sexually Transmitted Infections
    * Urinary Tract Infection In Adults
    * Chemical irritation
    * Trauma

As mentioned, it is recommended that you see your doctor who can evaluate you and recommend the best course of treatment.
  • yep std talaga siya, ive seen a doctor na kasi =) di na kasing hapdi nung dati and la na yung white fluid, nagtataka lang ako kung bakit 1 day worth of medication lang ang bigay sakin ng doctor, kasi alam ko dapat atang tuloy tuloy yan... anyway di na mainit ihi ko pero minsan pag katapos kong umihi medyo mahapdi, ayaw ko nang bumalik sa doc na iyan dahil feeling ko nga taga siya
  • i didn't even know "tulo" is gonorrhea. :glee: but c_ronaldo7, you are welcome. :)
  • actually it was my partner who infected me, when i said that my tulo ako sabi daw niya imposible daw niya kong hawaan since wala naman siyang nararamdamang kakaiba pero oh well syempre di niya aaminin nun

and of course ill abstain from sex, since nung nagkatulo ako up to now di pa rin ako nagsesex

anyway ito ngayon ang aking question, do i still need to be injected with antibiotics even though wala ng white fluids coming out? medyo may nararamdaman lang akong medyo mahapdi konti pagkatapos kong umihi minsan

wala bang gamot na pwede ko na lang bilhin at kainin?
  • tulo, pwedeng gonorrhea pwedeng chlamydia
  • question lang.. because my pamangkin has this... she said at first she had some yellowgreenish vaginal discharge.. tapos after few days naging blood discharge na.. akala nya meron na siya, pero sabi nya kakatapos lang daw nya... she's taking ciprofloxacin [pharex] (tama ba speling?) 2 times a day.. gagaling daw ba yun dun sa antibiotic na yun? and gaano katagal bago mawala ang gonorrhea niya? what are the signs na pagaling na siya... tnanks...
  • Tanong ko lang po kung anong mabisang gamot sa gonorrhea na effective at wala masyadong side effects. Thank you!
  • pa check up ka muna sa doctor at magpa laboratory exam.
    hindi lahat ng may lumalabas ay tulo. Kailangan ito'y makita at maimbestigahan ng doktor niyo.
  • pa-refer naman ng clinic, kasi i had this 3 days na... di ko naman kasi san ako pupuntang clinic... manila lang ako, pwede ba sa mga hospital? hehe di ko po alam talaga... thanks!

- thanks for the reminder... sorry po na rin...
  • LesLes PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    You can go to any hospital of your choice. Go to the the outpatient department (OPD) (not the emergency room).
  • thanks doc les. but can i lie with my personal info? for sure in hospitals, they will ask details hehe confidentiality ba. pag clinic pwede siguro kaya lang worry ko naman baka di effective ibigay nila sa akin gamot lalo't mahal. ok lang naman kasi mahal talaga kaya lang dapat naman sulit..
  • edit: you have to tell your real name as gonorrhea is a reportable disease. you partners may need to be treated also.
  • Ceftriaxone IM is just as effective as Azithromycin (Zithromax) in the treatment of gonorrhea. Doxycycline is given for Chlamydia. The regimen the doctor gave you (Doxycycline + Azithromycin) is a valid and effective way of treating STD.
  • i went to a doctor na, pero prescription lang naman binigay. zithromax and doxycycline, di po kaya mahina? gusto ko sana i-suggest yung injection kaya lang nahiya naman ako kasi baka sabihin niya pinangungunahan ko siya hehe of course mas may alam siya sa akin... haay, gusto ko lang po kasi gumaling na agad na nun.

i took 2 zithro capsules last night 1 kanina umaga plus 1 doxy kasi yun ang advice niya tapos maya gabi 1 doxy and bukas until the 6th day twice a day na doxy. so far yung sa burning sensation sa pag ihi ok naman na tapos wala naman ng discharge kaya lang parang feeling ko parang meron pa rin lumalabas.

salamat pala sa pEx.. at least may napagsabihan ako ng problema ko... doc les, thanks po.. doc layer, sinunod ko sinabi mo. i gave my correct details, bahala na siguro kung ano consequences basta thank you na rin...
  • my friend is having a problem with his penis. dunno if its UTI...there's this yellowish substance which comes out of his penis. nahihiya siya to have it check up. Anyway I already advice him to do it kasi it not healing. he takes cotrimoxazole and ofloxacin which one of our friends recommend. Do you think it UTI or a sign of STD? he is 18 by the way. Is this cureable? pano ba masasabing malala na yun? kasi masakit patumitigas ang penis nya and also when he urinates.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file