COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

Question about PBA's FIL AM players

GuileGuile Symbian personified PExer
Paki sabi naman kung ilang percentage ang pagka pinoy nina:

Penissi
Harp
Noy Castillo

And also, please tell me kung sino sa parents/grandparents nila ang pinoy.

Just wondering. :confused:
«1

Comments

  • Grr_tigerGrr_tiger dA_migHtY_TiGEr PExer
    all I know is that Mick Pennisi's mother is from pampanga.

    ask AnthonyServinio, he knows a lot.
  • michaelmichael Member PExer
    Pennisi 0% Filipino
    Harp 0% Filipino
    Castillo 50% Filipino

    It's embarrassing that even the DOJ can get bought out and issue clearances to some of these players. I guess money talks wherever you are.
  • MajorPainMajorPain Member PExer
    Originally posted by michael
    Pennisi 0% Filipino
    Harp 0% Filipino
    Castillo 50% Filipino

    It's embarrassing that even the DOJ can get bought out and issue clearances to some of these players. I guess money talks wherever you are.
    What's your basis?.. the way they look?.. how shallow.. :hopeless:
    So do you mean to tell me Dorian Pe?a and Willie Miller aren't filipinos coz they look like a black americans? How about Edu Manzano who has similar physical features with Noy Castillo?

    Just because they look foreign does'nt mean they dont have any filipino blood. .. Mick Pennisi is half filipino and his wife is a filipina if i'm not mistaken.

    If you can't trust our government agencies and sectors, who can you trust?.. They did secure the necessary papers didnt they?.. The DOJ has deported fake filams before right? those who lack documents to prove there lineage right? ex.. Rob Parker, Sonny Alvarado to name a few..
  • GuileGuile Symbian personified PExer
    Anyway, my cousin is 3/4 pinoy by blood but he looks like a pure caucasian.

    How about.....

    Hatfield and Harp?
  • michaelmichael Member PExer
    Originally posted by MajorPain

    What's your basis?.. the way they look?.. how shallow.. :hopeless:
    So do you mean to tell me Dorian Pe?a and Willie Miller aren't filipinos coz they look like a black americans? How about Edu Manzano who has similar physical features with Noy Castillo?

    Just because they look foreign does'nt mean they dont have any filipino blood. .. Mick Pennisi is half filipino and his wife is a filipina if i'm not mistaken.

    If you can't trust our government agencies and sectors, who can you trust?.. They did secure the necessary papers didnt they?.. The DOJ has deported fake filams before right? those who lack documents to prove there lineage right? ex.. Rob Parker, Sonny Alvarado to name a few..

    I have spoken to some coaches and assistant coaches who know the real deal. Please don't be naive in trusting our government. It's easy to forge documents with the right connections and money. If they are so trustworthy, why did Taulava all of a sudden become Filipino after a change in administration after he was deported and proven that he was not Filipino.

    Believe me, my basis is not how you look. Miller is legit. Others who really have Filipino blood are Siegel, Castillo, Helterbrand, Caguia and Menk. Reavis, Harp, Pennisi, Clay, Flowers, Pena, and a few others are just as fake as Alvarado and Parker.

    These are guys are laughing straight to the bank. Yes, you can't trust our government. If you don't believe it's corrupt, then I feel sorry for you.
  • GuileGuile Symbian personified PExer
    Ah alam ko na,

    Sina Clay, Flowers, Alvarado, Parker, Segova, walang pera tsaka connnection.

    Sina Reavis, Penissi, Taulava, Pena, etc., may pera.

    Ganun ba yun? :confused:
  • michaelmichael Member PExer
    Originally posted by Guile
    Ah alam ko na,

    Sina Clay, Flowers, Alvarado, Parker, Segova, walang pera tsaka connnection.

    Sina Reavis, Penissi, Taulava, Pena, etc., may pera.

    Ganun ba yun? :confused:


    Yup yup.

    Reavis's papers were fixed when he was with San Juan with the help of then presidential son Jingoy Estrada. Harp and Penissi got help from Red Bull management with Harp during the PBL days pa when nobody was looking. Pena's papers came from Negros, the same province where Danding Cojuanco is king. With Taulava, I'm not sure who helped him get his status all of a sudden changed but you don't deport someone then change your stance when there's a change in administration.

    It's really the connection, not necessarily the money.
  • aRChPoPoYaRChPoPoY Wait for it PExer
    oh well... pero d ako agree dun sa elegibility policy ng PBA..
    for me lang ah, dapat naturalized filipinos can play sana... they're more Filipino than these alleged fil-ams. look at alex compton, he's been here for the longest time. he even speaks fluent tagalog... but poor compton, he can never play in the PBA just because of the eligibilty rule or something...

    sana they'll consider naturalized Filipinos na din dba.. dunno how one becomes a Fil citizen though.. ok sana yun dba? hehe wala lang in my opinion lang ppl..
  • MajorPainMajorPain Member PExer
    Originally posted by michael
    I have spoken to some coaches and assistant coaches who know the real deal. Please don't be naive in trusting our government. It's easy to forge documents with the right connections and money. If they are so trustworthy, why did Taulava all of a sudden become Filipino after a change in administration after he was deported and proven that he was not Filipino.

    Believe me, my basis is not how you look. Miller is legit. Others who really have Filipino blood are Siegel, Castillo, Helterbrand, Caguia and Menk. Reavis, Harp, Pennisi, Clay, Flowers, Pena, and a few others are just as fake as Alvarado and Parker.

    These are guys are laughing straight to the bank. Yes, you can't trust our government. If you don't believe it's corrupt, then I feel sorry for you.
    Ofcourse our government is corrupt. I think every government is corrupt. The only difference is that some government while corrupt, still manage to do there job.

    With regards to Taulava.. perhaps he has shown and brought additional documents that would prove his filipino roots. I'm not saying that he did ok?.. I'm just assuming and considering the possibilities.

    Some filams are indeed fake while some have been declared fake even if they are legit coz they failed to show valid and authenticated papers. They came back to the Philippines unprepared.
  • drizzt3drizzt3 We a de rasta PExer
    Originally posted by aRChPoPoY
    oh well... pero d ako agree dun sa elegibility policy ng PBA..
    for me lang ah, dapat naturalized filipinos can play sana... they're more Filipino than these alleged fil-ams. look at alex compton, he's been here for the longest time. he even speaks fluent tagalog... but poor compton, he can never play in the PBA just because of the eligibilty rule or something...

    sana they'll consider naturalized Filipinos na din dba.. dunno how one becomes a Fil citizen though.. ok sana yun dba? hehe wala lang in my opinion lang ppl..

    i wholeheartedly agree.
  • aRChPoPoYaRChPoPoY Wait for it PExer
    drizzt3>hey i saw in one of the papers na compton will play daw sa PBL?

    anyway, goodluck RP team!!!:cool:
  • ShofixtiShofixti Frustrated Painter PExer
    Taulava may or may not have Filipino blood in him, but the way he is playing, you could really see that he has pride in carrying the Philippine Flag during the Busan Games. Feeling Filipino talaga. *okay*That's good enough for me. Unlike other Fil-shams who's in it for the money.
  • aRChPoPoYaRChPoPoY Wait for it PExer
    Originally posted byShofixti
    Taulava may or may not have Filipino blood in him, but the way he is playing, you could really see that he has pride in carrying the Philippine Flag during the Busan Games. Feeling Filipino talaga. That's good enough for me. Unlike other Fil-shams who's in it for the money.

    INTENSITY BABY!
    feeling ko nga nasisindak na cla kay asi e.. hehe nagpakalbo pa!
    reminds me of matthew mcConnaghey's (not sure of the spelling!)
    character in reign of fire! hehe VAN ZAN! haha!

    go go go RP!!!
    SUP MANILAAAAA!!! WE DID IT MANILA, BABY!!!!
    -Juice Nwosu
  • 9ino9ino -=ProFesSoR DuNk=- PExer
    aRChPoPoY: sinabi ba talaga ni nwosu yan?......san nya sinabi?...astig ah..hehe..

    nga pla, nsa pinas b sya?


    as for the topic.........may nabasa akong article noon bago nag-opening ang asiad...na meron daw hawak na ebidensya ang south korea na magpapatunay na 2 sa rp team ang fake na pinoy.....

    that was b4 coach jong chose his final 12...
  • bernaberna Luv ko na si 3210! PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Originally posted by 9ino
    aRChPoPoY: sinabi ba talaga ni nwosu yan?......san nya sinabi?...astig ah..hehe..

    nga pla, nsa pinas b sya?



    yup sinabi nya yun kulang pa nga e meron pang
    We came through, we're champions! What can I say?

    sa sobrang excited nya hindi nya alam sasabihin nya.


    RE: Harp


    He's a legit fil-am, his dad's a Filipino while his mom's an american. Fixed marriage ang parents nya para maging american citizen tatay nya (sa madaling salita e nagbayad tatay nya para maging american citizen) e kaso nabuntis nanay nya, nung nabuntis iniwan na sila and dinivorce nanay nya kaya dala nyang surname sa nanay nya. His dad's last name is GONZALES. Hanggang ngayon hindi nya pa rin nakikita kasi mukhang nagtatago.
  • aRChPoPoYaRChPoPoY Wait for it PExer
    9ino>yupyup he said that nung ini-interview na sya ni jannelle so nun nagchamp cla... natatakot nga ko para kay jannelle e, baka biglang ano gawin ni nwosu sa kanya e. parang ang saya saya nun loko e... hehe meron pa ngang "IM SO HAPPehh I MIGHT JUST GET DRUNK TONIGHT!" hahaha!

    d ko alam anong tinira nito b4 the game e! ang hypeR! hahaha

    WHACAN I SAY MANILA! hahahaha!!!!!!!
    with the jamaican/nigerian/dikembe-esque accent to ah...
  • richyuppierichyuppie Chelsea 2012 UEFA Champions PExer
    Related thread:

    Illegal Fil-Foreign players

    Indeed!
  • 9ino9ino -=ProFesSoR DuNk=- PExer
    LOL

    kala ko pa nmn sinabi nya yon nung nanalo pinas sa japan....
  • 9ino9ino -=ProFesSoR DuNk=- PExer
    Originally posted by Shofixti
    Taulava may or may not have Filipino blood in him, but the way he is playing, you could really see that he has pride in carrying the Philippine Flag during the Busan Games. Feeling Filipino talaga. *okay*That's good enough for me. Unlike other Fil-shams who's in it for the money.
    ^ I agree with this! :up:



    "I just want to play my best for the country. It's a great feeling and I want the people back home to be proud of what we're doing." --- Asi Taulava
  • marjubecmarjubec Member PExer
    Originally posted by 9ino

    ^ I agree with this! :up:



    "I just want to play my best for the country. It's a great feeling and I want the people back home to be proud of what we're doing." --- Asi Taulava

    I agree that heart counts a lot but it's not enough. Notice how he said "my best for the country" NOT "my best for MY country".

    I know it's picky but sometimes nomatter how hardworking and proud, it doesn't excuse being a liar and a fraud. If it's ok with most, then, I guess that's just what we Filipinos are willing to accept.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file