Home PEx Business and Careers Personal Investing and Money Management
COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

Banking | Internet Banking (Mobile, Website)

angstangst Member PExer
I know most of you guys use this convenient internet banking facility. But please, do not use this system to pay for your bills or to do any banking transaction.

Their system is currently having problems such that accounts are being debited 4 times.

Case in point: I used this facility to pay for my credit card bill last Friday. When I made a balance inquiry today, horror of all horrors, a sizable amount from my account was gone. Bullsh*t! When I called their customer service number it was there that I found out that their internet banking facility is down and is not working properly at this time.

So, please do not use that facility to pay for your bills or do any financial transactions.

Comments

• lechon 2000lechon 2000 Mang Tomas PExer
    I hope you mean "do not use the facility until the problem is fixed" and not "do not use the facility until the end of time". ;)
  • fortune1fortune1 Member PExer
    clap clap clap to liston!

i do hope they are able to return your money, pano kung di nila na return?
  • KuyaDannyKuyaDanny Moderator PEx Moderator
    I think this kind of mistake is easily correctable and bank officers will cooperate in reversing the charges.
  • silversilver Member PExer
    i have been using bpiexpressonline for months already and so far i haven't encountered any problems. yun nga lang lagi silang under maintenance, which i find ok lang sa akin. ako lang i list down all the important information especially the confirmation number and i always make it a point to check my balance regularly para reklamo agad kung merong problema. but like i said as of today wala pa naman akong naging problema.

i just find it unfair na siraan mo ang internet banking ng bpi. siguro i-warn mo lang ang mga tao at hindi mo sila sabihang halos never nang gamitin ang facility nila na.

i just hope they will give back your money. let us know na rin ang progress ng reklamo mo para maging on-guard na rin kami. thanks na rin sa sharing mo.
  • angstangst Member PExer
    Originally posted by silver
    i have been using bpiexpressonline for months already and so far i haven't encountered any problems. yun nga lang lagi silang under maintenance, which i find ok lang sa akin. ako lang i list down all the important information especially the confirmation number and i always make it a point to check my balance regularly para reklamo agad kung merong problema. but like i said as of today wala pa naman akong naging problema.

i just find it unfair na siraan mo ang internet banking ng bpi. siguro i-warn mo lang ang mga tao at hindi mo sila sabihang halos never nang gamitin ang facility nila na.

i just hope they will give back your money. let us know na rin ang progress ng reklamo mo para maging on-guard na rin kami. thanks na rin sa sharing mo.

It was not my intention to malign BPI. Rather, I just would like to expose the weakness and vulnerability of their system. Just like you, I have been a frequent user of their system since last year and it's only now that I have experienced an error.

When I talked to their CSRs, they told me that their system had an error wherein all "cashless payments" made yesterday and today were debited 4 times. I emphasize, lahat ng transactions hindi lang kakapirasong accounts! This type of error is not a "laughable" error. My God! The whole system screwed up!

Worse, they were not willing to correct the error ASAP. Which means that I have to wait for 2 or more banking days before my account balance can be restored.

I am so irritated here because I work for a billing systems of the largest telco in the US and this is not a typical way for you to respond to errors. This type of error is revenue-impacting and thus should be solved ASAP. Wag ka nang maghintay pa. Kung di mo kayang bigyan ng permanent fix, gawa ka ng "workaround."
  • SILENTMAXSILENTMAX FOCUSED PExer
    my atm account was once debited 16k

i wanted to blow up the atm
    i was yelling
    i was cursing
    i was yelling
    did i tell you i was mad?

then.......

my online banker took care of evrything

case done
    im happy again
  • diugun_oirasordiugun_oirasor There is no try! PExer
    Grabe! I've been using BPI online for more than a year now at ngayon lang nangyari ito! I got debited as well for no apparent reason. Malaki din ha! :(

Mukhang hindi 24-hours on call ang customer service reps nila. Looks like I'll have to wait until tomorrow to report this.

Their website is also down. It really looks like they got a glitch in their system. My guess is someone uploaded a program that clashed with their existing system.

I have a feeling na hindi lang check-free transactions the past two days ang nadale. The last check-free transaction I made was last Friday (payment to Globe). <sigh!> I just hope they give me back my money within a few days.

Which reminds me. Is this limited only to the ATM accounts? Paano yung Express Cash? Nasama kaya? Darnit! Dapat pala nag-check din ako ng balance sa Express Cash ko! :( Have to do it asap tomorrow!
  • noel_ickynoel_icky Member PExer
    i believe Express Cash is included. in my case naman, i loaded mine last night. i checked my balance through text a while ago, 4x of the amount i loaded was added!
    hmm... multiplied by 4, negated 4 times.

Talagang bug sa system nila. :P

It seems rin na BPI Family Bank hindi naapektuhan. I just tried calling them this morning, down daw systems ng BPI dahil may upgrade daw sila. Call in an hour daw.

<sigh> BPI! What happened to you! Bakit ka naging ganyan? :(
  • angstangst Member PExer
    Finally, binalik na ang pera ko. Pero, I have to check first kung tama ang pagkapost ng payment ko sa credit card.

Oh well. Just shows that their system is not as reliable as what they have advertised. Kung nangyari ang ganitong error ngayon, it's still possible that this thing will happen anytime soon.

Gosh. Time to switch banks.
  • mai_1mai_1 IloveBono PExer
    ganun ba? sa Equitable PCI Bank Fastphone naman, wala pa akong na-e-encounter na problem. I pay my credit card, globe, at pldt bills through it. sana wala akong ma-encounter na ganyan.
    I got my money back na rin. :) Couldn't call them up but I found out that their website was back online.

Checked my accounts. Noticed that my solo account had the discrepancy, but not the joint account I have with my boyfriend.

Looks like only those enrolled in check-free/online payments were affected. If you made any payments within the last week using this facility, check your accounts to make sure that you still have the same balance.

According to my transaction details, I was debited four times. Then today, they credited the four and debited once. Tama naman ang expected computation ko. :)

Change banks? No... for me not yet. Nabalik naman e. Change banks pag di nila binalik!
  • abcxyzabcxyz newbie PExer
    bpi 89-100 CONFIRMED with me on the phone THAT THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH EXPRESSONLINE. and it is true that THOSE WHO USED EXPRESSONLINE ON SEPT 30 using the check free payment facility will get DEDUCTED 4 TIMES! so go check your accounts. in fact check it even if u did not use expressonline.

to the techies --- what u think happened? a hacker? a virus?
    Originally posted by silver
    i do not think ANGST was being unfair. in fact i COMMEND angst for posting the experience. we need more people giving this feedback its excellent consumer vigilance.

its up to bpi to correct this. and up to the consumers who have read this to make their own decision.
  • KrakistaKrakista Speak to Win! PExer
    Originally posted by abcxyz
    to the techies --- what u think happened? a hacker? a virus?
    Unlikely a virus or a hacker unless an insider. If there was an upgrade it's very likely caused by faulty programming or timing issues or both.
    Originally posted by Krakista
    Unlikely a virus or a hacker unless an insider. If there was an upgrade it's very likely caused by faulty programming or timing issues or both.
    why not a hacker? or a virus?

is bpi IT known to be good in what they do? what is their reputation in the IT industry?
  • zimdudezimdude indietechartist PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    I deal with BPI for work, but not on Expressonline.
    Their culture is very rigorous and strict in security and software change management.
    Originally posted by Krakista

Most likely upgrade. Di pwedeng virus since they use mainframes for their check-free payment system. Must be an unexpected bug during the implementation.
  • silversilver Member PExer
    guys... i apologize if i sounded like attacking angst which was not my intention at all... actually, i even thanked him in my latter part of my post for letting us, and me especially know his experience so i can be careful in making online business... again, i apologize...

but i am glad to know that you guys got your money back... bad trip nga lang yung exprience na they had to make you wait for 2 banking days, which for me is too long... was the csr who took your call friendly enough and assured you that they are going to look into your complaint?
  • gazastripgazastrip Member PExer
    i think thats an isolated case... pero kahit na diba :) its better to be safe

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file