FEATURE ADJUSTMENT: The Flag button is temporarily unavailable for members. We are doing certain system adjustments as of the moment to prevent some users from abusing this feature. For reports, please message the moderators or email us at [email protected]
PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!

Airlines Of The World II

Comments

• flight_083flight_083 Let's take The Flight PExer
    evodesire wrote: »
    If ever, it just has to be sound proofed properly. At least 2 to 4 mini private videoke rooms will do at the upper deck. :D Best way is not to serve alcohol, u know what happens, PLUS, the song "My Way" should NOT be included in teh playlist. :D

YEAH! I definitely agree to that NO "My Way" songs!

But I still decide to seat far away from that area of karaokes.. hehe that also should stay at the back of the A380 and away from the first and Business Class area.
  • markpaulmarkpaul Member ✭✭✭
    IMG_0047.jpg
    IMG_0048.jpg
    IMG_0050.jpg
    Snacks on Malaysia Airlines
    IMG_0051.jpg
    Dinner on Malaysia Airlines
  • evodesireevodesire Member PExer
    flight_083 wrote: »
    YEAH! I definitely agree to that NO "My Way" songs!

But I still decide to seat far away from that area of karaokes.. hehe that also should stay at the back of the A380 and away from the first and Business Class area.

hmmmm.... maybe in the cargo hold :lol:
  • heightdeprivedheightdeprived Assistant Member... PExer
    dominicyap wrote: »
    What are these screens for?

1320408.jpg
    I think it is what that is referred to as Heads up guidance system. According to what I've read, it keeps the pilot from doing the head- up/ head-down routine between the air craft window and the instruments on an IMC (Instrument Meteorological Condition) landing by having the required instruments in the line-of-sight of the pilot to the aircraft window. They see the instruments at the same time see what's outside. It also provides a graphical representation of what is outside during extremely low RVR (Runway Visible Range).
    evodesire wrote:
    I wonder though if aircraft manufacturers are finding ways to like "eject" the engines during a water landing as a feature. The engines are positioned in a way that during a high speed water landing, the engines acts like a scoop, eventually breaking the aircraft into half, except for props or jet aircrafts like the BAe-146 or 717 where the wings and engines are located at the top of the fuselage or for the 717, at the rear. Water landings with today's jets have proven fatal.
    I've read somewhere that engine nacelles and mounts are designed in such a manner that they can shear-off cleanly in an event of water ditching, water ditching has been proved to be successful mostly on narrow bodies, I just don't know in widebodies, haven't read about any...
  • evodesire wrote: »
    Mekanino or Ponggit would be able to answer this best but lemme give it a try. The ones on top I think are like HUD or Heads Up Display sytems. In the control panel, the outer ones are your horizon. The inner ones I think indicates your aicraft's position, it should show if there are other aircrafts around. The one with the wing and jet engines seem to be indicators for the elevators, engine thrust, and maybe the hydraulics system.

I think it is what that is referred to as Heads up guidance system. According to what I've read, it keeps the pilot from doing the head- up/ head-down routine between the air craft window and the instruments on an IMC (Instrument Meteorological Condition) landing by having the required instruments in the line-of-sight of the pilot to the aircraft window. They see the instruments at the same time see what's outside. It also provides a graphical representation of what is outside during extremely low RVR (Runway Visible Range).

sorry, mali pala yung sinabi ko na sunvisor lang yun. tama ka heads-up guidance system nga yan, tama yung term ni evo na HUD. ang akala ko naman na tinutukoy ni evo na HUD yung taas ng mga ND saka PFD na location ng mga rotary knobs saka push buttons. ginagamit na pala ngayon yang HUD sa mga commercial aircraft. thanks for the info, ngayon ko lang din to nalaman.
    seven13 wrote: »
    flight,were you at check-in counter number 48 last Friday?

I don't remember... hehe why?

Clark/flight/mekaniko Question, talaga bang mas maluwang ang A330 kesa sa B747? KAse nung papunta kami ng HK, feeling ko masikip sa B747, pero nung pauwi kanina, using A330, maluwang yung seats and legroom.

Well, I'm not quite sure, but I have noticed that the A330/A340 looks much less crowded since the seating configuration is 2-4-2, and the leg space are slightly bigger than the B747. Unlike the A330/A340, the B747 that has 3-4-3, making it a gigantic flying can of sardines.
    Na-delay ba yung flight pauwi from SGN kanina???

I heard one SGN flight that arrived so late, past 9PM already. I think this is the one that you may be referring to.
    hmmmm.... maybe in the cargo hold :lol:

i guess that would work. :)

Not unless they offer the karaoke to only the first class passengers, and if the airline offers rooms like SQ's suite. hehe

I wonder how big the kiosk for the karaoke would be should it be one of the features of PAL's A380.. hehe
    Here's what the pilot can see on the heads-up guidance system...
    23038931_85a8dabc54.jpg?v=0
    flight_083 wrote: »
    i guess that would work. :)

Not unless they offer the karaoke to only the first class passengers, and if the airline offers rooms like SQ's suite. hehe

I wonder how big the kiosk for the karaoke would be should it be one of the features of PAL's A380.. hehe

If in the rear section 2nd floor, maybe good for 5 people, 2 rooms. The sound system and mic voice has to be fully regulated, it would be hard, lalo na if a first time singer attempts to do a whole rendition of "through the fire" :lol:

I've read somewhere that engine nacelles and mounts are designed in such a manner that they can shear-off cleanly in an event of water ditching, water ditching has been proved to be successful mostly on narrow bodies, I just don't know in widebodies, haven't read about any...

I forgot that airline, but it was a 767 and it got mangled into 2 parts and the wing broke off during a water landing. it was taken in video.
    you are referring to the hijacked Ethiopian airlines 767 that was ditched IIRC in Comoros. It could have been the first successful wide body ditched at the sea if it only had contacted water plastron first rather than on a yaw.

800px-767_et.png
    just a graphical representation but closely resembles the actual occurrence...
    Tupolev 124 ditching in Neva river
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tupolev_124_ditching_in_Neva_river

Garuda Indonesia flight 421.
    1c.jpg
    2c.jpg

This time, a ditched 707:
    B707ditch2.jpg

B707ditch1.jpg

Prolly, if the ditching was done properly, and having it touching the water, the smoothest way possible, it's also possible to successfully ditch the aircraft into the water, If I were to choose between land and water if there's no runway available, I'd choose water...
    Heres a vid:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZyDrpeWoBw

And I saw also that many people died not due to the impact, but many inflated their life jackets inside the aircraft when it crashed

So in this case, what would be the best way to go for a water landing without having to rip the aircraft apart?
    Here's what the pilot can see on the heads-up guidance system...
    23038931_85a8dabc54.jpg?v=0

Which aircrafts presently uses HUDs? If only they could combine a technology like that of the HOTAS in commercial aircrafts.
    it could have been successfully ditched, only if it's descending on a straight line, in that case, it's not, it's rolling to the left causing the left wing tip to contact water, then eventually the engines, until the left wing breaks away,
    it could have been successfully ditched, only if it's descending on a straight line, in that case, it's not, it's rolling to the left causing the left wing tip to contact water, then eventually the engines, until the left wing breaks away,

But even if it was on a straight line, wont the engines scoop up water that may break the fuselage?
    Which aircrafts presently uses HUDs? If only they could combine a technology like that of the HOTAS in commercial aircrafts.

hmmmm, not quite familiar as to which aircraft model currently use HUDS, AFAIK it comes along as an option since normally the pilot could go away with it, courtesy of autoland or ILS (cat II landing) capability, and it is also being offerred as a retrofit in older aircraft, I've seen an A380 cockpit photo equipped with one of those...
    But even if it was on a straight line, wont the engines scoop up water that may break the fuselage?

By the time the engines ingest water, it should shear off cleanly off of the wings as the engine hardpoints are equipped with "fuses" designed to break at sudden and extreme stress, it is also these same fuses that are sometimes being the cause of accidents, (i.e.: AA191) wherein the fuses were damaged by improper engine mounting/dismounting, causing the engine to cleanly shear off the wing upon take-off, damaging the slats, retarding airflow on to the left wing putting it to a stall and caused the aircraft to roll to the left, until such time maximum yaw angle has attained and the other wing has stalled as well...
  • ClarkentClarkent Member PExer
    Cebu Pacific keeps eye on Japan to serve tourists, overseas Filipinos
    09/08/2008 | 06:14 PM

MANILA, Philippines - Cebu Pacific, the country’s largest budget carrier flying international routes, continues to eye Japan as one of its next destinations amid a perceived slow down in the aviation industry.

“Japan is on the roadmap but the accreditation process is quite a lengthy one. We are waiting for that process to be concluded," Cebu Pacific President Lance Y Gokongwei said.

Cebu Pacific gave up its flight entitlements to Japan in 2006. Gokongwei did not mention if the carrier is allotting another aircraft for future use in the East Asian country.

When the systems have been ironed out, Cebu Pacific will be landing on Osaka, Japan’s second largest city, as there are no more landing rights available at the Narita Airport in Tokyo.

Japan is the Philippines third biggest source of tourists, next to Korea and the United States.

Cebu Pacific flies to various regional destinations, including Singapore, Malaysia, China, Vietnam and Thailand. - GMANews.TV
    If in the rear section 2nd floor, maybe good for 5 people, 2 rooms. The sound system and mic voice has to be fully regulated, it would be hard, lalo na if a first time singer attempts to do a whole rendition of "through the fire" :lol:

yeah, that song is nice, but for can get really irritating if its not sung by a good tone. Hehehe.

I wonder if they make First/Business class and executive economy class on the main deck and make the second level all economy... with that karaoke thinggie. what do you think? hehe..

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file