Home PEx Hobbies Anime and Manga
Join our PEx Olympics Quiz Night and win GCash prizes! 🏅

where do you get ur anime??

im ust wondering guys, san kau na kuha ng anime ninyo?? do you usually download it or buy it?? san naman po kaya??

Comments

• LesLes PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Nearly all from torrents and a few from direct downloads. All 1,215 Gb of it. ;)
  • :handsdown: :handsdown: :handsdown:

How do you organize all that? Do you have a catalog or something to that effect? I'm guessing they're all optical media right? How do you store them? Are they playable on DVD players?

Oneiros
    Less than a 100GB :mecry:
  • plug! lol http://chosenanime.net

puro nasa external harddrives ko mga animes
  • LesLes PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Oneiros wrote: »
    How do you organize all that? Do you have a catalog or something to that effect? I'm guessing they're all optical media right? How do you store them? Are they playable on DVD players?

I have an Excel file to keep track of them:

animelist.png

From left to right: DVD number, anime series, size (in Gb), comments, fansub group(s). The column with the sizes are added so I know how much stuff I've downloaded.

As of the moment, the anime is stored in exactly 290 DVD recordables, stored in 50-piece spindles. I use high-quality discs (mostly Verbatim, followed by Sony and Imation, with a smattering of other brands like Ricoh). I don't keep anime on my hard disk except the ones I'm currently downloading and sometimes the ones I'm watching.

I never make "real" DVDs (playable on a standalone DVD player) for the simple reason that I can play back video files on my TV using the computer. You only need a video card with TV out, plus the appropriate cable (I made my own composite video cable from 6 feet of RG-6 coaxial)
    cRaSheR wrote: »
    puro nasa external harddrives ko mga animes

Even if large hard drives, I personally wouldn't keep my anime in them. Problem with HD's is that they can crash anytime, taking all your data with them. DVDs also die, but a couple of discs dying will result in far less data loss compared to a hard disk crash.
  • hey guyz wer can i get an ending of slumdunk anime ? can you help me? tnx............ hoping 4 ur help
  • Les wrote: »
    I never make "real" DVDs (playable on a standalone DVD player) for the simple reason that I can play back video files on my TV using the computer. You only need a video card with TV out, plus the appropriate cable (I made my own composite video cable from 6 feet of RG-6 coaxial)
    *Looks behind computer*. *Smacks self in the head*. Now why didn't I think of that before? Though why did you have to make your own cable? I kinda remember my card having an S-video to RCA cable bundled with it.

I guess I should start cataloging my stuff too before they reach that number. BTW have you recopied your older DVD's yet? I remember reading about recopying stuff every 3-4 years or so, so I've been using the date I made the DVD as the DVD's name followed by a letter in case I make multiple DVDs for the day (though I've just started this recently).

Hmmm... just a weird hunch, but are you by any chance from a high school batch who still haven't released their yearbook after all these years?
  • LesLes PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    I made my own cable because the 2-3 ft cables that come bundled with video cards are only good for computers that are adjacent to the TV. Far too short for the 6 meters (not feet, wrong unit in my previous post) I needed. I think ready-made cables at these lengths are available but too much of a hassle to find. By the way, if you plan to make a similar setup, don't forget that you also have to have an audio cable.

I haven't recopied any DVDs because my oldest one (DVD 1 in the list) isn't that old; it was burned in March 21, 2006. It's perfectly accessible too. There is no hard and fast rule for re-burning discs. As long as you use high-quality DVDs which are stored properly, you only have to occasionally monitor them (using PIE/PIF scans, transfer rate tests, etc.) to see how the discs are holding up. I'm very picky about the media I use and I research/test them thoroughly to minimize potential data loss.

Regarding your hunch, you must be thinking of someone else because we released our HS yearbook many years ago. ;)
  • anime6.org and crunchyroll.com

no more downloads..*okay*
  • booksalebooksale PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    hi reilan, you can ba almost all of your animes at quiapo at the hidalgo st. area. 35 pesos per disc.
  • angel_thegame11angel_thegame11 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    1. Torrents

2. Realitylapse.com
    San Pwede Bumili ng Orig na Anime cd bukod sa comic alley?
    vipe wrote: »
    hey guyz wer can i get an ending of slumdunk anime ? can you help me? tnx............ hoping 4 ur help

hindi nila natapos yung story sa Anime, Sa manga tapos yung story ng slamdunk.
  • Mostly by downloading, but some I get through trading with people here at PeX too! :cool:
  • Either by torrents or by direct downloads dished out in other forums that I go to...

Although I usually watch it first on Crunchy Roll so that I won't waste time on downloading a crappy one.
  • try animestash.tk, fast direct downloads and usually small in file size (encoded either in Realmedia or mkv/mp4 (H.264) formats)
  • I go to the intarwebz for my anime/manga.. jack sparrow style :p
  • try animestash.tk, fast direct downloads and usually small in file size (encoded either in Realmedia or mkv/mp4 (H.264) formats)

free file hosts gamit ng animestash
  • IRC and Bit *****.
  • Please visit Mango-manga
    we have DivX Anime
    or visit http://mango-manga.cjb.net for anime list
    we also have soundtracks and manga scans

check it out!