COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance. Please update your email address.

Thanks,
pexer99

IPO Initial Public Offering

Comments

• summit012summit012 Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ok ba VLL?
  • QuadradoQuadrado Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    summit012 wrote: »
    ok ba VLL?

No one is touching that I guess... Try asking your broker and if there are still lotsa shares left then that by itself would not be a good sign.
  • knnknn Member PExer
    Hay naku!!

My broker cannot give me even 1 GMA share. Tinutulak niya VLL sa akin. I don't wanna buy that. its only GMA and PNB for me;)
  • --SuperBoy----SuperBoy-- Manunulat PExer
    musta ba ang citiseconline? ayos ba silang broker firm?
  • summit012summit012 Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Quadrado wrote: »
    No one is touching that I guess... Try asking your broker and if there are still lotsa shares left then that by itself would not be a good sign.

baka ung walang pumapansin...un ang pumutok :D
  • metropolitanmetropolitan the truth hurts, does it? PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    knn wrote: »
    Hay naku!!

My broker cannot give me even 1 GMA share. Tinutulak niya VLL sa akin. I don't wanna buy that. its only GMA and PNB for me;)

i have doubts on that vista land offer. i really not know anything about this company. info on its financials is not available. i hope this won't be a dud like AP
  • chillyflakeschillyflakes Member PExer
    i have doubts on that vista land offer. i really not know anything about this company. info on its financials is not available. i hope this won't be a dud like AP
    I agree! Dont know track record of VLL .. Usually pag sobrang okay mahirap kumuha ng shares like GMA kung VLL ang madami pang available delikado.. Personally, I wouldnt want to invest.. :D
    GMA is really the IPO to look forward to this year. Good track record.. PNB is doing great too! :D
  • joshua69joshua69 Member PExer
    Ayussss!! nakabili ako ng GMA share kanina lang....8,500 for 1000 shares....from ATR....hanggang monday na lang daw....

question....nga pala mga experts dyan....

pwede bang bumili ng mas malaking shares, naliliitan ako sa 1000 shares......paano ba?? kailangan ko ba ng broker???

thanks, thanks sa mga sasagot..
    joshua69 wrote: »
    Ayussss!! nakabili ako ng GMA share kanina lang....8,500 for 1000 shares....from ATR....hanggang monday na lang daw....

question....nga pala mga experts dyan....

pwede bang bumili ng mas malaking shares, naliliitan ako sa 1000 shares......paano ba?? kailangan ko ba ng broker???

thanks, thanks sa mga sasagot..

You have a broker already when you got the 1000 GMA share from ATR right?

Getting more would be next to impossible... Unless you buy it OTC
    Oo nga daw, you can buy OTC but at a higher price na siguro! :D mukhang hot na hot itong GMA :D and very good track record and okay ang management nila :D
  • r_yan_hindi_nr_yan_hindi_n Registered User PExer
    hi! ask ko lang kung yung 8,500 ba na cash na nilabas mo ay yung total na? i mean wala na extra fees?

and also, pano for example i have a friend who is working at GMA, edi ba meron silang 1,000 shares agad, but my friend want his na ibenta sakin.. how's that?

i mean what should i do in order to transfer the stock from his name to my name?

thanks! :-D

sana may makasagot agad....
  • pinoystockologypinoystockology Member PExer
    Hi balita pa ngang mag "raraffle" daw pag nag oversubscribe. so there are chances talaga na ma refund pa yun investment mo ... I'm hoping to get more than 1k shares din with GMa pero they are very strict. kelangan 1k lang per individual small investor sa IPO

Meron pa naman PNB eh saka Rockwell. Check nyo to http://www.pinoystocks.com/?p=22 nandyan yung list ng mga IPO for this year i guess.

http://www.pinoystocks.com
  • r_yan_hindi_nr_yan_hindi_n Registered User PExer
    Akala ko GMA kapuso? Why mas marami pang allotment of IPO for foreigners? E, 1k share lang pala per customer tapos si Mike Enriques lagi pang pinagsisigaw sa radyo ang IPO nila. Kakapiranggot lang pala mabibigay sa masa. Nag backdoor listing nalang sana sila, at least mas malaki pa kikitain ko sa speculation. :([/QUOTE

correct me if im wrong, pero hindi pwede bumili ang foreigners ng stocks sa isang philippine media company diba??

so yung 1000 shares @ 8.50 each, para sa anong level ng tao un? and ung more than 1000 shares, para kanino rin?
  • pinoystockologypinoystockology Member PExer
    meorn silang allocation of around 70% IPO for foreign buying and mga 30% for local investors... so yun 1000 @ 8.50 per share, tayo yun. so every individual can only get as much as 1000 share at 8.50 totaling of 8,500 pesos per individual...bawat isa yun ibang 1000 shares naman ay para sa ibang tao na yun.. an individual can't get more than that :)

http://www.pinoystocks.com
  • feisty_viragofeisty_virago full-time freak PExer
    Hi. I'm a broker and I hope you don't mind me answering your questions.:)

Yup. Foreigners aren't allowed to buy stocks of a philippine media company, that is why GMA is offering PDRs (Philippine Depositary Receipts) to them. Foreigners are allowed to subscribe to that, as well as locals. The common shares are the ones that are to be allocated to the locals only. But if you look at the prospectus, each brokerage firm is only allocated 450K+ common shares and 900+ PDRs.

I know how you feel about the whole kapuso-makamasa thing. It's sad to know that they are offering more PDRs th to foreigners, but that's business. If the demand in the international scene is good, foreign brokers would support the stock and eventually would be instrumental in its rally, bringing up its stock value. Foreigners are the ones that move this market, after all. :)

Akala ko GMA kapuso? Why mas marami pang allotment of IPO for foreigners? E, 1k share lang pala per customer tapos si Mike Enriques lagi pang pinagsisigaw sa radyo ang IPO nila. Kakapiranggot lang pala mabibigay sa masa. Nag backdoor listing nalang sana sila, at least mas malaki pa kikitain ko sa speculation. :([/QUOTE

correct me if im wrong, pero hindi pwede bumili ang foreigners ng stocks sa isang philippine media company diba??

so yung 1000 shares @ 8.50 each, para sa anong level ng tao un? and ung more than 1000 shares, para kanino rin?
    Hi there :D

I heard malakas ang demand sa foreign market yung GMA STOCKS.. So it means na tataas ang price ? :D Good buy?

Thanks
    Hi. I'm a broker and I hope you don't mind me answering your questions.:)

Yup. Foreigners aren't allowed to buy stocks of a philippine media company, that is why GMA is offering PDRs (Philippine Depositary Receipts) to them. Foreigners are allowed to subscribe to that, as well as locals. The common shares are the ones that are to be allocated to the locals only. But if you look at the prospectus, each brokerage firm is only allocated 450K+ common shares and 900+ PDRs.

I know how you feel about the whole kapuso-makamasa thing. It's sad to know that they are offering more PDRs th to foreigners, but that's business. If the demand in the international scene is good, foreign brokers would support the stock and eventually would be instrumental in its rally, bringing up its stock value. Foreigners are the ones that move this market, after all. :)

What is your broker id? :naughty:
    It depends actually. Initially, GMA offered the range of P7.00- P8.50 for each share. If the offer price was set at P7.00/sh, I was willing to mortgage my parents' house (I don't have my own house yet, hehe:D ), the family car, and gamble all my life savings that GMA stock would sky-rocket upon listing, possibly hitting the high of
    P8.50 on the first day alone. But unfortunately, the underwriters priced it at the maximum, P8.50, that was why I became a little hesitant to do the mortgaging:lol: . Coz at P8.50, the PE Ratio is already high and there ain't much room for it to go any higher. But despite the high price, GMA is still oversubscribed abroad. Now if that automatically translates to a higher price? It depends. In some cases, yes, in some cases only a small increase in stock price (profit is very small after commisions and taxes), but in some cases, the opposite occurs. I've seen stocks that are oversubscribed abroad, but come listing date, are immediately dumped by investors on the first day after the stock price increase by 10% to 25% from its offer price (Or in some cases stock price increase 100% or doubled its IPO price after 3 days) . If that happens, stock prices usually go lower again and this offers a buying opportunity for people who want to get into that stock but wasn't able to get any during the IPO. The thing you should watch out for is whether GMA has the support of Deutsche Bank and ATR KimEng, the underwriters. If the price of GMA stock reaches, say, P9.10 on the first day (thats around 6% profit after taxes and commission of the brokerage firm), you should watch out if the 2 underwriters are already selling
    heavily and if they are, you might consider selling part of your holdings too. And if the price falls on the first few days and you see them accumulating once again at IPO price,(or in some cases, lower) it just means that the underwriters just took profits and are rolling-over their money again. Conversely, even if the stock price keeps going up, and the underwriters aren't selling and are even accumulating more shares, that means GMA stocks really have the potential to reach at least P13 by the end of the year (despite the high PE Ratio and all), from what I heard other traders conservatively estimated. But then again, knowing GMA, hindi papatalo sa ABS yan. Feeling ko hindi lang sa ratings game magcocompete yang 2, kundi pati rin sa stock performance.:lol: Maganda naman kasi fundamentals ng GMA (pang-long term) so I'd probably buy more shares when it lists sa market at a good price.:)

Disclaimer: I'm not forcing you to buy or sell GMA stocks when its listed, ha. I'm just giving my opinion regarding the stock.:)
    Hi there :D

I heard malakas ang demand sa foreign market yung GMA STOCKS.. So it means na tataas ang price ? :D Good buy?

Thanks
    Let's just say that it's a brokerage firm owned by a family that has a business district and an MRT station named after them.:)

[QUOTE=Quadrado;20765347
    What is your broker id? :naughty:[/QUOTE]
  • DragonmateDragonmate Member PExer
    Coz at P8.50, the PE Ratio is already high and there ain't much room for it to go any higher.

Would you know how GMA7's PE ratio compares to that of ABSCBN? Wouldn't that be an indication of how high the price of GMA7's stock could reach?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file