COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

can somebody recommend an agnostic female gynecologist?!?

the reason being is that i have had a terrible experience with a fellow catholic gynecologist (search Religion and Contraceptives) who REFUSED :ayaw: to educate me on the different contraceptives available because i am a single Roman Catholic! :confusing: according to her it's "against our religion to practice pre-marital sex."

your recommendations are greatly appreciated :help:

Comments

• NapcathNapcath Hi and good-by PExer
    cybelle,

lousy ng gyno na yon. hypocrite, even.

do what i do. wear a ring on your ring finger, and tell your next gyno that you're married. just be sure to get your "married" facts straight.
  • dizzyrdizzyr Member PExer
    Originally posted by Napcath
    cybelle,

lousy ng gyno na yon. hypocrite, even.

do what i do. wear a ring on your ring finger, and tell your next gyno that you're married. just be sure to get your "married" facts straight.

ay, ay, ay. sino ang hypocrite ngayon?
  • NapcathNapcath Hi and good-by PExer
    at baket??

my sex life, whether i'm married or not, is nobody's business. i am merely avoiding unwanted judgement from other people.

why, dizzyr, do you proudly announce that you're having premarital sex?
  • dizzyrdizzyr Member PExer
    you are missing the point, napcath.

if you want to give the impression that you are married when you are not, for whatever reason, that is your business.

but when you advise cybell to be deceptive, and in the same breath accuse her gyne as a hypocrite, what does that make you?
    a hypocrite, of course!
  • Chave de BracoChave de Braco Member PExer
    dizzyjr is correct.
  • saywhatsaywhat xxx PExer
    Can't anyone just recommend a specific doctor(s)? I would also want to have a no-holier-than-thou OB.
  • cybelle_9cybelle_9 Member PExer
    forgive me for not having replied earlier....thank you for all of your suggestions...

i went to this sort of clinic located along Shaw Blvd. it's called FriendlyCare and yes they are friendly...since i think it's being funded by either an NGO or the government, they don't care whether you're married or not. as in they just give u the facts, ask u what made u think about contraceptives, then they give you the choices. i actually started to open up to them and told them my apprehensions, etc. more importantly they will require you to get back to them after a month just to check if you're ok with whatever method...they can also do other stuff like the regular medical check up, breast check up, uterus, and other stuff that women should really pay attention to.
  • mccoymccoy Member PExer
    Believe it or not your doctor's handling of your case is enough cause for disbarment.

You can try Dra. Elevazo in UE. I know this woman and can vouch for her character.
  • sprakendoitzsprakendoitz nang-aano ka eh! PExer
    Believe it or not your doctor's handling of your case is enough cause for disbarment.

disbarment??!! i come from UST-Med - our professors (because its a catholic institution) there in OB-Gyn teach us only one birth control method, and that is the NATURAL method approved by the church for MARRIED couples ONLY... hell im not even catholic, im agnostic... but FYI, its definitely NOT a sufficient cause for disbarment. We're taught that if patients ask about artificial methods not approved by the catholic church (for married and single patients), we can refuse to give the information and refer them instead to another MD.
  • Hi. My gynecologist is male and he's very nice. But you want a female one right? That FriendlyCare clinic you tried seems ok though. That's good info. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file