CEBU PACIFIC vs PHILIPPINE AIRLINES

Comments

• cybermyxcybermyx ISANG BANDILA PExer
    sa akin ... pareho lang.

pag office travel, Philippine Airlines (preferred airline ng office namin.)

pag personal travel, Cebu Pacific (swak sa budget para sa mga budget-conscious na kagaya ko. may extra money pa ako para sa pagbili ng mga pasalubong.)
  • thorathora Member PExer
    my vote goes to PAL :)
  • markpaulmarkpaul Member ✭✭✭
    http://abaniko.blogspot.com/

Cebu Pacific Rebooking Fee

I decided to rebook my HK trip with my sister three weeks ago at Robinson's Galleria. All in all, the additional amount I had to pay was around 150% (I thought it's only 100%) of the original promo price. I was ready to pay with my credit card but they said everything should be paid in cash? What?! Anybody can purchase a ticket using a credit card but when it comes to rebooked flights, one has to pay in cash? "It's company policy."

I postponed the payment. Didn't have ready money that time. This week, I went to Cebu Pacific's Makati ticketing office to pay. But there's another problem. The staff said I had to pay P3,000 per passenger for rebooking.

Me: No, just P2,000. I bought the tickets last year.
    Her: Effective February 9, 2007, the rebooking fee's increased from P1,000 to P1,500 per sector.
    Me: If your rebooking fee is increased from P1,000 to P6,000 the day after I bought the tickets, you mean, I will be compelled to pay P6,000 if I decide to rebook?
    Her: Yes.
    Me: That's ridiculous!
    Her: It's company policy.

I said a staff at the Robinson's Galleria ticketing office told me that I only had to pay P2,000 for the rebooking fee. This Makati staff suggested (rather sarcastically) that I pay there instead. I said, "And go through the same hell of waiting?" She said nothing. Fifteen seconds of silence. Sensing that this staff won't do anything on her own to help me with my problem, I suggested she call their head office to verify my claim.

Long story short, she got a confirmation that I was advised to pay only P2,000 per person. See! But she didn't issue the tickets right away. She still asked the staff to clarify the matter with their supervisor and I had to go somewhere else because it would take a while before the head office staff could get back to her for the confirmation. Argh! When I came back after an hour, I got what I wanted.

Cebu Pacific sucks! Delayed flights, eternally busy hotline, long lines, discourteous personnel, etc.. And I feel robbed for ending up paying something that could already give me a reasonable HK tour package with airport transfer, hotel accommodation and free breakfast for three days. I feel bad for Flue too. She's not joining us anymore as she cannot "afford" the additional charges. That means her initial payment is forfeited. Sorry Flue.

It's a sunny, restful weekend and I'm ranting. Ugh!
  • AbulugAdventureAbulugAdventure Fate Harlaown's husband ✭✭
    Hmmm...san kaya magandang magtrabaho as engineer? :)
  • pogispottingpogispotting Banned by Admin PExer
    Cebu Pacific is better kaya nga lang sobrang banat walang snacks!

=====

Are you boy-crazy? Visit PogiSpotting.com - Stolen Pictures of Manila's Finest Bois!
  • EduardEduard Member Kapuso Elite ✭✭
    ang gusto ko sa cebu pacific ay talagang on time sila di tulad ng pal! pero bakit wala ngang snack sa cebu pacific?!? dati hindi naman daw ganun yun eh!
  • ArcherBlazeArcherBlaze I'm your PAL PExer
    Cebu Pacific is a BUDGET airline and rebooking and revalidation of tickets are very much "restricted" compared to PAL. PAL gives the passengers more options on how to deal with rebooking and what to do with penalties on a case-to-case basis.. even waivers. Cebu Pacific wala... in the end.. ikaw pa ang lugi.
  • ArcherBlazeArcherBlaze I'm your PAL PExer
    I don't know when Cebu Pacific will be expanding their routes... but for a plane to service direct trans-pacific flights... I don't think Cebu Pacific can qualify. Their planes are all twin-engines A320s/A319s and is incapable of what is required to fly to the US, Canada, Hawaii etc direct from Manila, unlike PAL who has the qualified planes with 4 engines.. like the B747 and the A340. Though IATA/ICAO exempted the B777 to service trans-pacific flight because of its extreme performance. By 2009, PAL will expect solid deliveries of 2 brand new B777s and an option of 2 more orders.
  • nayeli143nayeli143 Member PExer
    <Eduard> wrote: »
    ang gusto ko sa cebu pacific ay talagang on time sila di tulad ng pal! pero bakit wala ngang snack sa cebu pacific?!? dati hindi naman daw ganun yun eh!

is this true? on time na ang cebu pacific? last year kasi, i traveled via cebu pacific several times, and in all of those flights, delayed lahat. wala ako natsambahan nag on time sila kahit minsan.

on the contrary, i tried pal once (the only time I did not fly cebu pac) at on time sila umalis ng airport.
  • abel823abel823 Member PExer
    Im sorry pero Pal ako.

When it comes to service and safety pal pa rin..

And may nagsabi na Pag OFW masungit ang mga flight attendant.
    That's not true, maaring nag kataon lang.
    Super higpit ang Pal when it comes to passenger complaine, i mean mag complaine ka lang may memo na kaagad yun crew na sinumbong mo.
    Kaya nga yun ibang well know personality at politician madalas maangal para meron sila free tickets.

If you will ask Fa's kung anong route meron mga hard to please na passenger they will tell you singapore, hongkong and the biyaheras.
    Domestic route-bacolod , why? ask some domestic crew they know. :)

Filipino-chinese like me hard to please din. Sad to say.
    Mga puti rin sobra ma angal.
  • abel823abel823 Member PExer
    I think you cannot compare Pal to cebu pacific.

Because ibang iba sila, pang domestic lang dating ng cebu pacific.

Hk flight

Pal- red wine/ white wine/softdrinks/blankets upon request/coffee and tea/duty free and hot meal. Give aways like cards etc.

Cebu pacific- cold bread/games/coffee or tea and drinks/cebu pacific local product.

for politician:They prefer Pal mas sosi Domestic route.

U.S flight: Expenseve ang Pal bec its a straight flight to mnl-lax or mnl-sanfo, the only airlines with straight flight. Kaya lahat ng mga lolo at lola at mga babies and children dito pinasasakay coz very convenient. Masmahal lang nga.

If other airlines can offer this straight flight pwede natin ma compare. kaso wala pa ibang nag ooffer. Northwest- you can a text stop to narita pa, inconvenient di ba?

Singapore airlines has good service.

Emirates for me very poor coz i experience it goin to dubai.
    Sad to say tago ng tago mga Fa's nila sa galley at di nag iikot ng drinks. Filipina pa man din yun ibang fa's. Sana din hindi lahat ganun ugali. Ganda pa naman amenities nila at aircraft pero mga staff bulok.
  • MY_maka_mandagMY_maka_mandag GORDON CRYING LADY PExer
    PAL *okay*

PALBoeing747intercontinental03.jpg
  • MY_maka_mandagMY_maka_mandag GORDON CRYING LADY PExer
    2899_800.jpg
  • ^m0bi^^m0bi^ Member PExer
    Just out of curiosity guys, since some of you have cited that Airline A is safer than Airline B.... What are your personal criteria’s to tell that this airline is safer than the other airline?

http://vincevillena.blogspot.com
  • jbkayaker12jbkayaker12 Member PExer
    abel823 wrote: »
    U.S flight: Expenseve ang Pal bec its a straight flight to mnl-lax or mnl-sanfo, the only airlines with straight flight. Kaya lahat ng mga lolo at lola at mga babies and children dito pinasasakay coz very convenient. Masmahal lang nga.

If that is the case, then shorter flight = less fuel then it should be inexpensive flights.:) Don't say it is more convenient since there are no 14 hour convenient flights. Long haul flights are always tiring regardless of destination.

Bravo Cebu Pacific!!
  • heatwaveheatwave Member PExer
    Even free ang Cebu Pacific, still Philippine Airlines parin... *okay*
  • GriffinhawkGriffinhawk Ehem PExer
    markpaul wrote: »
    bebutinga.gifPang slapsoil and dead hungry lang ang Cebu Pacific taunt.gif

Philippine Airlines is my airline of choice.

haha! I soo love this post:lol:

I just happen to be on one of their flight using 757 two years back from Cebu since I was rushing to go home and PAL was fully booked on that day. It was terrible! not only that my flight to MNL was delayed for two hours without explanation but my C2 was dropped from an elevation of 2 feet. and my Chippy was thrown into my table. Mannerless stewardess:angry: Even those merry-maids looking Southwest girls could do better than that!!!,and the landing was soo rough a brand new PA spill should be utilized..

"Mga Binibini Ginang at Ginoo kababagsak lamang po natin sa paliparan ng Maynila,mangyari po lamang na kunin ang inyong sinturong pangkaligtasan at Ihampas sa ating mga Piloto,maraming salamat po"

If you guys think that PAL doest deserve to be a national carrier,try riding a european national carrier like Iberia and Alitalia and surely you would ask someone how to say in Spanish or Italian the word "Stupid Airline"
  • GriffinhawkGriffinhawk Ehem PExer
    Oh by the way this is the new reason why PAL's domestic services is better now. Spacious Recaro seats with wide legroom,compare to Cebu Pacific's inhumane seat of 28" pitch. This one has a far more civilized human condition at 34" inch pitch enough to seat back and stretch your legs further.

DSC00160.jpg

DSC00159.jpg

DSC00158.jpg
  • markpaulmarkpaul Member ✭✭✭
    *okay* *okay* up for PAL!!

Asia's first: PAL's new A320 cabin design

Philippine Airlines' newest Airbus A320, which features a "21st-century enhanced cabin" that is the first to be outfitted for an Asian carrier, arrived recently to join the flag carrier's modernizing fleet. The cabin is the widest of any single-aisle aircraft in the Philippines, allowing for wider seats in both Mabuhay (business) and Fiesta (economy) classes, a more spacious aisle and larger overhead stowage bins. The German-made Recaro seats offer a pitch of 39 inches in Mabuhay Class and 30 inches in Fiesta Class - the most generous in the market - raising passenger comfort levels significantly. State-of-the-art amenities, such as personal TV, audio/video on demand and laptop-capable in-seat power supply for Mabuhay Class, plus a cool-blue coastal-themed interior design complete the inflight experience. The A320 is the fourth of up to 20 such single-aisle units to be delivered as part of PAL's fleet renewal program. Five more aircraft are due this year.
  • CosmicArcherCosmicArcher Member PExer
    "Mga Binibini Ginang at Ginoo kababagsak lamang po natin sa paliparan ng Maynila,mangyari po lamang na kunin ang inyong sinturong pangkaligtasan at Ihampas sa ating mga Piloto,maraming salamat po"

If you guys think that PAL doest deserve to be a national carrier,try riding a european national carrier like Iberia and Alitalia and surely you would ask someone how to say in Spanish or Italian the word "Stupid Airline"

HAHA!!! :rotflmao:

I fly a lot because of my work. I've flown several different airlines, asian, american and european...I have to say that one of my gauges in determining if the pilots are good is the way that they land the plane.

I've to say that I'm really impressed with PAL pilots as they really land the planes very, very smoothly--most of the time!!! PAL pilots are one of the best in the world, probably because of their experience in the aviation industry.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file