Home PEx Business and Careers The Working Filipino

Jaime Ayala II - Web's Most Influential Man | manggugulang at mapang-abusong mga tao?

CaRaMBaCaRaMBa Administrator PEx Moderator
edited March 2019 in The Working Filipino #1
According to the article, "Jaime Augusto Zobel de Ayala II defined the Internet in the Philippines in 2000."

Read the whole ITNetcentral article here:

The Web's Most Influential Man of the Year

Do you guys agree? Why or why not?

*PinoyExchange was mentioned in this article.

Comments

• zimdudezimdude PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    ... so when will he log into PEx... or is he one of us around here... :|

• batang uliranbatang uliran PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    He browses but doesn't post.
  • aticusaticus PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Where, specifically, does he browse, b.u.? I'm curious to know what interests him...

Oh, and congratulations on the article. Good work. :)

** psst... CaRaMBa... let me know when I can talk to you. I'm involved with a major e-Business conference, and I was wondering if PEx would be interested in a cross-promotional deal. No cash out.. :) **
    ... awww he should post! no one will know it's him anyway.

... anyway with regards to the topic, wouldn't it be scary if Ayala ruled the local Internet scene... Globe was *the* telco/ISP, BPI the financial institution, etc... it would be scary to try to compete. well anwyway, I don't work for a conglomerate.
  • aticusaticus PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Let's just say I'm sure Jaza is happy we don't have anti-trust laws in this country... :)
    JAZA has mentioned that he has always been surprised at the broad range of topics discussed in PEx. He has read through some of the topics dealing with iAyala, Ayala Center and Globe. He has even mentioned PEx as an example of what young people can do when they apply themselves (at the last Ayala young leaders seminar).
    ... the PEx scene is still not as I could make it. I would require Ayala company management from the Presidents down to spend at least one hour a week on PEx. Not hard, is it?
    Much harder than you think. I know that many high ranking Ayala Group Executives have known about PEx for over a year and none of them have posted and perhaps a few visit occasionally. Even my best friends - one of whom is in the IT consulting business and another with a Masters in Medical Informatics from MIT (the MIT) and is currently taking a PhD in Computer Engineering and Artificial Intelligence at the same institution have never posted.

As always, we are more than happy to listen to all your ideas regarding promotion of PEx to an older group of working types.
    It has to start at the top... if JAZA proclaims PEx as one of the highlights or even a cornerstone of the Ayala Internet strategy, then he has to declare that he and other senior executives make time out for PEx. It is "Pinoy" Exchange anyway, not "Kids" Exchange.

As for strategy into penetration, well if you want to hit companies then you could do it through the HR department.
  • batang uliran...

we're you at the ayala young leaders' congress 2000?
    i was there. =)
    maybe i know you...?

:bop:
    Chad
    No I wasn't but I heard about it form a very reliable source :D
  • who happens to be?

Chad
    How was the Young Leaders' Congress?

Kakabilib naman if you were chosen to join. Eleeet!! :D

It got a lot of press. So what did McKinsey and JP Morgan have to say? Are you inspired by the speakers?

(I'm now reading from PDI Sunday Biz which doesn't seem to be on the Web)
  • i wasn't able to assist the congress as a rapperteur this year coz im in chicago right now but i heard it was great (as usual).

i really wanted to hear randy david...

Chad
  • ang mga kapitalista na mga Zobel de Ayala ya isa sa pinaka-magugulang na tao sa buong Pilipinas!!! ginagamit nila ang karunungan ng mga magagaling na gradweyt sa mga magagandang unibersidad at binabayaran lamang ng maliit ayon sa nararapat. sila ay napakasasamang mga tao na nagmamaneobra pa ng ekonomiya para lang sa kanilang kapakanan.
  • Can you back it up with numbers or must we believe your generalized, stereotyped rhetoric?

And why single out the Ayala group? What about all the other big local corporations?
  • Dickydogg: Hinay-hinay lang pre, puso mo. Itong forum na pinopostan mo ay isang Ayala company just so you know.

I HATE TO SEE LACSON BECOME PRESIDENT icon8.gif
    MAMUMUNDOK NA LANG AKO KAPAG MANGYARI YAN
    icon8.gif

auto.gif
  • brownpaubrownpau PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Is this flamebait or a valid accusation? Well, whichever it is, KuyaDanny will decide in the Business forum, where it's more appropriate.
  • Hindi mo ba naisip na kung talagang "ginagamit nila ang karunungan ng mga magagaling na gradweyt sa mga magagandang unibersidad at binabayaran lamang ng maliit ayon sa nararapat", matagal nang nagsilayas yang mga magagaling na gradweyt na yan? Eh bakit nandiyan pa sila? Wala namang pumipilit sa kanila.
  • Originally posted by lupuS
    Hindi mo ba naisip na kung talagang "ginagamit nila ang karunungan ng mga magagaling na gradweyt sa mga magagandang unibersidad at binabayaran lamang ng maliit ayon sa nararapat", matagal nang nagsilayas yang mga magagaling na gradweyt na yan? Eh bakit nandiyan pa sila? Wala namang pumipilit sa kanila.

dahil magaling silang mang-uto at [email protected] tandaan mo sila ay mga makapangyarihang mga kapitalista. akala mo lang sigurong mataas ang binabayad dahil medyo mataas ka ng kaunti sa iba pero kung titingnan mo naman kung papaano sila manggamit ng tao at kung papaano pa nila pinayaman ang kanilang angkan, tingi lang ang nakukuha mo. at kung magpatayo pa raw sila ng mga foundation para tulungan ang mga marurunong na estudyante... nag-iiscout lang sila kung sino ang kanilang susunod na magagamit.