Home PEx International Entertainment General Entertainment

CHOOSE LIFE: Remembering TRAINSPOTTING

hey guys! who among you can still recall the in-your-face, between-your-balls,kick-@ss movie of the late 1990s which catapulted Ewan McGregor into 'eurotrash cult-god mode'?!

TRAINSPOTTING rocked my world! :handsdown:

for those of you who have seen it: share your fave lines/scenes!

for those of you who haven't seen it: watchit watchit watchit!!

:britain: :bounce: :britain:

Comments

• hey! thats a great movie! i just cant find video copies of it though... tsk. :(

favorite line? of course the choose life spiel. twas a great opening scene. ;) ill look for it if im not hurrying to go to school :)
  • And I'll tell you why. Because I'm fed up to my back teeth with losers, no-hopers, draftpacks, schemies, junkies and the like. I'm getting on with life. - Sick Boy

Diane was right. The world is changing, music is changin, drugs are changing, even men and women are changing. One thousand years from now there'll be no guys and no girls, just wankers. Sounds great to me. It's just a pity that no one told Begbie.- Renton

It seems, however, that I really am the luckiest guy in the world. Several years of addiction right in the middle of an epidemic, surrounded by the living dead, but not me -- I'm negative. It's official. And once the pain goes away, that's when the real battle starts. Depression. Boredom. You feel so ******* low, you'll want to ******* top yourself. - Renton

Now, I've justified this to myself in all sorts of ways: it wasn't a big deal, just a minor betrayal, or we'd outgrown each other, you know, that sort of thing, but let's face it, I ripped them off. My so-called mayes. But Begbie, I couldn't give a **** about him, and Sick Boy, well, he'd have done the same to me if only he'd thought of it first, and Spud, well, OK, I felt sorry for Spud -- he never hurt anybody. - Renton
  • tomtomtomtom PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    favorite gross-out scene:

Renton diving into the worst toilet in Scotland, head first.
  • One of my favorite lines is Sickboy explaining his unifying theory of life *okay* :bounce:
  • Originally posted by archt_marj14
    hey guys! who among you can still recall the in-your-face, between-your-balls,kick-@ss movie of the late 1990s which catapulted Ewan McGregor into 'eurotrash cult-god mode'?!

TRAINSPOTTING rocked my world! :handsdown:

for those of you who have seen it: share your fave lines/scenes!

for those of you who haven't seen it: watchit watchit watchit!!

:britain: :bounce: :britain:

pinakita ba sha dito sa Pinas? di yata e, y is this muvi so rare here???

i have a feeling i'll like this kind of muvi
  • Originally posted by cs_NOGNOG

pinakita ba sha dito sa Pinas? di yata e, y is this muvi so rare here???

i have a feeling i'll like this kind of muvi

Yup, a couple of years ago, it was showcased in the British Film Festival sa Shangri-La Mall. Trainspotting was also shown in Star Movies nung 1998 ata, and in spite of my unending emails to Star TV, they never aired Trainspotting again. :lol:

I last saw this movie sa UP Diliman last 2000, nung freshie pako. hehe. Astig talaga. It gets better and better everytime you watch it. :glee:

I'll post the Choose Life spiel later.

cheers!
    :britain:
  • CHOOSE LIFE

Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a f*cking big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players, and electrical tin openers.

Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed-interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends.

Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose a three piece suit on hire purchase in a range of f*cking fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the ***** you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing f*cking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarassment to the selfish, f*cked-up brats you have spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life.

But why would I want to do a thing like that?

I chose not to choose life. I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got heroin?

Mark Renton
  • Anybody got a DVD or VCD of the movie? :D
  • The script by John Hodge is/was available in Page One
  • Originally posted by AltarBoy^_^
    Anybody got a DVD or VCD of the movie? :D

LD... :glee: but it's very clear and it has special features especially the glossary!!!!! heehee I got this about 5 years ago. I can make a copy for you on VHS.
  • StompStomp PEx Rookie ⭐
    That toilet bowl scene has got to be one of the most memorable scenes there, I believe.

Good. very, very good.
  • necr0necr0 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    wow! This is one of my faves, others being Kids, Higher Learning, and Dazed and Confused .

Funniest scene for me, next to Renton's toilet bowl scene, was when Spud messed up his gf's bedsheet... and you guys know what happened next. Yeck!!!
    Anybody got a DVD or VCD of the movie? :D

I practically scoured the whole of Metro Manila but i can't find one! where did u get yours, Mark Renton96? did u order it from the Internet?

the part where Renton and Spud deliberately messed up their job interviews were pretty hilarious also. :glee:
  • Originally posted by Mark Renton96

LD... :glee: but it's very clear and it has special features especially the glossary!!!!! heehee I got this about 5 years ago. I can make a copy for you on VHS.

Magkano ba? (Feeling ko para akong umi-iskor ng droga ah?) :glee:

Peace! :hippie:
  • Originally posted by archt_marj14

I practically scoured the whole of Metro Manila but i can't find one! where did u get yours, Mark Renton96? did u order it from the Internet?

the part where Renton and Spud deliberately messed up their job interviews were pretty hilarious also. :glee:

My sister bought it in HMV Hong Kong about 5 years ago. I dunno if there's a DVD.

It's only VHS lang naman kaya free. You just have to pick it up nalang in Makati or Megamall

Magkano ba? (Feeling ko para akong umi-iskor ng droga ah?) :glee:

Peace! :hippie:

Free of charge since VHS lang no free delivery nga lang hehe
  • necr0necr0 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    if you guys wanna buy on-line, check out dvdpricesearch.com.
    Para makita nyo kng saan mura. gudlak