LOOKING FOR A BAGETS SOUNDTRACK ALBUM

derecho_lasallederecho_lasalle LA Lakers fan since birth PExer
Do any one of you have a BAGETS Soundtrack CD or cassette released by Vicor Records?
Let me know...I might buy it if u want to sell it. god bless !!!

Comments

• king_jesseking_jesse Member PExer
    derecholasalle: i think vicor released one in 1984, pero lp pa lang yon at siyempre wala na. i suggest you get hold of Raymond Lauchengco's compilation CD because it has Farewell and So It's You. Kung may mahahanap ka pa na lumang cassette niya entitled Dream Boy (napull out na kasi) better kasi nandun din yung song niya na 'Then Maybe' from Bagets 2. Too bad hindi kasama yung Growing Up sa greatest hits ni Gary V. but u might want to check out UM and look for a Homegtown Ballads 2 CD.

Regarding Raymond's CD, kasama rin dun yung 'Shadow of Time' from the movie Hotshots. Gary Valenciano naman has 'Reaching Out' and 'You Got Me Working Hard.' Check out any Vicor compilation and ur sure to find 'Special Memory' by Iwi Laurel.

Kung nakita mo lahat yon, then you've got the whole Bagets soundtrack with matching Hotshots and Bagets 2 pa.

U might wonder why I know this much, I'm an 80s child kasi and I love those teen flicks! Maka GaryV at Raymond Lauchengco din ako. =)
  • SHAIDERSHAIDER Member PExer
    Sino ba talaga ang kumanta ng Growing Up, Gary V. o Mullatto?
  • Neo_SphereNeo_Sphere Member PExer
    Do you think there is still a market for the Bagets soundtrack? I wonder if anyone from Vicor has thought of releasing it again. Hey, let's bombard vicor with requests para I won't have to search and compile the songs together!
  • IraIra Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    I've been seeing this thread for the past couple of days already, and I'm dying with curiosity, so I hope you'll answer me: Why in the world do you need the Bagets soundtrack for? :D

If you can't find the album maybe you can try calling up the movie company (Is it Viva or Regal?) that produced it. They're sure to know where you can buy it, if it still exists, or they may even be selling the tape. I know Viva sells their old movies in VHS form in their offices in Morato, so maybe you'll luck out.
    Ira: I won't be surprised if there are still ppl out there who clamor for Bagets memorabilia. After all, it's a good film and it set the trend for other teen flicks to come in. Maganda ang mga kanta na ginamit sa movie. Take na lang Farewell for example, eversince lumabas yon, almost every school in the country has begun using it as grad song! There's a certain charm in it. Bagets to us is what Pretty in Pink and Some Kind Of Wonderful is to the Ams. =)

Neo_Sphere: Vicor has this tradition of rereleasing its hits. Especially now na wala nang raker ang Vicor, the only strategy that could give them a share of the market is to sell CD versions of their hot LPs from the 80s.
    Trivia lang: imagine Sharon, Kuh, Regine, Pops, Zsazsa, Martin, Gary, Raymond, Basil, Jam Morales, Side A, Odette Quesada and a host of other crooners all started out with Vicor.

Hindi malabong Vicor will rerelease the bagets soundtrack. I'm looking forward to it.

SHAIDER: Mulatto revived the Gary V. orig for the TGIS soundtrack. =)
  • derecho_lasallederecho_lasalle LA Lakers fan since birth PExer
    Well, marami rin palang mahilig sa BAGETS.
    Actually, I can't find a Vicor website to air this request. By the way, Vicor released it using the "SUNSHINE the Manila Sound" label. Nawala ko nga bad trip. It is already an 80's must-have collectible.
    NO OTHER SCHOOL-RELATED FILM CAPTURED THE MINDS OF FILIPINOS THAN BAGETS.
    The soundtracks stood the test of time.

Please do update me of progresses. Thanks. God Bless !!!
  • gerbsdecastrogerbsdecastro Member PExer
    By the way, the soudtrack album hit GOLD in only a few days. If ever VICOR re-released it I would not be surprised if it would hit that status again.

Let us all see if we can request VICOR for a re-release OK guys !!!

God Bless !!!
    I called up Vicor for you and they said they don't have it in the market anymore. They do have a copy in their library, but I don't think they'll be willing to sell it. Maybe you can convince them to make you a copy, though? :)
    Ira: you really called up vicor? ok,a! do they allow walk-ins to visit the library?
    I really have no idea---but I think letting people in their library isn't so far-fetched. And calling them up is pretty easy--they're in the phone book and all I had to do was reach out for it and make my fingers do the walking (and dialling). :)
  • SHAIDERSHAIDER Member PExer
    Do they still sell these movies?

Bagets 1 (part 2 sucks)
    Hotshots
    Ninja Kids
    VICOR has been releasing it's "SPECIAL COLLECTOR'S EDITION" series such as ASIN, MARTIN NIEVERA, VST & CO. , etc.

I strongly believe that the BAGETS album should be belong to one of those di ba?
    SHAIDER: anywhere they sell pinoy movies, esp in SM and video city, kaso Bagets 1 lang. Hotshots, I don't think so. It was good but its 1984 release was a flop (baka compared lang to Bagets.) I'd have to agree with you that Bagets 2 sucked!

derecho_lasalle: tara let's convince vicor. =)

Ira: Is their office in Aurora Blvd.?
    Yup, the telephone directory says Dona Parel Bldg. at 782 Aurora Blvd., QC. Their phone number is 7210314; sales is 7218297.
    You might want to convince VIVA RECORDS to collaborate with VICOR regarding our proposed re-release project of the BAGETS soundtrack album.

Write to:
    THE NATIONAL SALES MANAGER
    VIVA RECORDS
    334 E. Rodriguez Sr. Avenue
    New Manila, Quezon City

As a contribution to our effort, I will be sending a letter to this address by Monday or Tuesday this week. Just hope and pray that it would push through OK.

Please do ur share if possible by writing o baka may kilala kayong taga VICOR or VIVA RECORDS.

GOD BLESS !!!

derecho: any developments?
  • archerguyarcherguy Be there. PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I'm interested. Count me in!
    kamusta na kayo? may mga developments na ba sa letter na pinadala?
    WALA PA E ... NAN-DEDMA ATA !!!
    KAYO NAMAN ANG SUMULAT O TUMAWAG BAKA AKALA NILA AKO LANG ANG ME-GUSTO.
    THEY SHOULD HEAR A CLAMOR FOR IT !!!
    GOD BLESS !!!
    o ano na?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file