Home PEx International Entertainment International Movies

X-Men the Movie

oo nga!! gleng gleng!!!!!!!!

Comments

• nixnix Administrator PEx Moderator
    I am very excited about this movie. I have followed the X-Man since their earlier issues, and even though I haven't had the time to read comics now, I still am a big fun.
  • tRiStAntRiStAn PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    I CAN"T WAIT 'TIL IT'S SHOWN!!!!!

• NewtoNNewtoN PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    July 14? Nyiks, ano ba 'yan, hindi pa yata ako aabot.
  • Downloaded the trailer two days ago, gotta admit The Rock's impressed. The X-men lineup in the movie features Patrick Stewart as Professor X (who else would it be?), James Marsden (from "Disturbing Behavior") as Cyclops, Famke Janssen (Xenia Onatopp in "goldeneye") as Jean Grey, Halle Berry as Storm, and Hugh Jackman as Wolverine.

The villains are played by Sir Ian McKellen as Magneto, Ray Park (Darth Maul from Episode I) as Toad, Rebecca Romijn-Stamos as Mystique, and Tyler Mane as Sabertooth. The trailer makes the movie look really promising, just hope it turns real cheesy like "The Punisher" or the "Captain America" movies from a decade ago. If you smell what The Rock is cookin!
  • fantabulous!!!!
    awesome indeed!

:D
  • Is it true, though, that the costumes of the X-Men in the movie bear little resemblance to their comicbook and TV series costumes? I heard that the X-Men featured in the movie (Cyclops, Storm, Wolverine, Jean Grey and Rogue) are all attired in BLACK. Furthermore, Wolverine does not have a mask in the movie. It seems only Professor X bears the likeness he has in the comics and the TV series.
  • wAgKaNgMaKuLiTwAgKaNgMaKuLiT PEx Veteran ⭐⭐

kelan showing niyan?

si wolverine happy happy o... a star is born... hehehe... ;)
  • Yes Lightspeed, all the X-Men are in black outfits, ala-The Matrix. Think about it, wouldn't they look funny and kinda cheesy if they wore all their colorful gear in a live-action movie? Wolvie doesn't wear a mask and resembles his character of "Patch" whenever he visits Madripoor, except this time, he has no patch.
  • Sorry to be a bitov skeptic but more often than not, movies based on comic books tend to be sorely disappointing.

Although I'm really hoping that X-Men would be great. I'm counting on director Brian Singer (tama ba spelling?) to deliver the goods. But aside from that, I'm expecting a bad movie so that if it turns out to be great, I'll be happily disappointed.
  • gungiegungie PEx Rookie ⭐
    Yap! Gleng gleng!
  • dyesebeldyesebel PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Hi People!!!!!

I'm excited too... To tell you I'm also a big fan of it when they're still in ABS.

Only one thing or I should say episode that I couldn't forget about x-men, you know the episode Phoenix Saga?.........
  • The Phoenix Saga or The Dark Phoenix Saga was better in the comics by Chris Claremont and John Byrne.
  • they made the Dark Saga into a cartoon?

were they able to do the comic book justice?

• No Gandalf, they didn't give the comic justice. Nakakainsulto nga 'yung ginawa sa cartoon eh.
  • Si Rogue ay si Anna Paquin, the little girl from "The Piano". She has streaks of white hair in the movie. Pero she looks good, even with the "uban".

Other lookers in the movie are supermodels Famke Janssen and Rebecca Romijn-Stamos who play Jean Grey and Mystique, respectively. Kaso lang sayang 'yung ganda ni Rebecca Stamos dahil pinapangit siya sa movie.
  • neth_rowneth_row PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    nandon ba si rachel leigh cook? dba sha si rogue?not sure about this, kasi dati parang nabasa ko somewhere na kasama sha sa x-men...
  • wAgKaNgMaKuLiTwAgKaNgMaKuLiT PEx Veteran ⭐⭐

[This message has been edited by wAgKaNgMaKuLiT (edited 07-01-2000).]