COMMUNITY NOTICE: Please send your reports, concerns and other inquiries to admin "pexer99". This account will handle all community functions for PinoyExchange. You can also email us at [email protected] For category related concerns, you can also send a message to one of our moderators. Check the updated list of moderators here.

The Laundry Business Inquiry Thread

Hi ppl,if u guys hav any ideas or contributions pertaining to laundry,pls feel free to do so.Thanks =)

Comments

• rains_delightrains_delight Banned by Admin PExer
    Hello, :wave: One of the franchisee of Lavandera ko is my client. I will give you some details about their agreement.

1. You have to pay a certain amount of money for the franchise.

2. You will only use Breeze detergents and downy. You are not allowed to use any soaps or fabric softener. except the two.

3. They charge P35.00 per kilo for wash and P45.00 per kilo for dry cleaning and ironing.

4. They pick up and deliver the items to their customers.

5. You are required to submit monthly Income Statement.

6. From time to time, there is a mystery customer who comes to the laundry shop to check if you are still complying with the standards set by the franchisor.

7. There are suprise audits from time to time.

8. The sharing of profit is 60-40. The 40% will go to the franchisor.
  • GOwinGOwin Kasapi PExer
    40%

whoa! grabe naman pala kta ng franchisor diyan.
  • KuyaDannyKuyaDanny Moderator PEx Moderator
    Originally posted by rains_delight
    2. You will only use Breeze detergents and downy. You are not allowed to use any soaps or fabric softener. except the two.

I find this quite ironic. The detergent is made by Unilever and the fabric softener is made by Procter & Gamble.
  • jwalker692002jwalker692002 Member PExer
    wel,tks rain 4 d info,but wat i rili want 2 knw is how d laundry operation works.Is der any organizations out der who provide laundry operations know-how?:)
    I am sure rains_delight will correct me if I am wrong, but if you are going to be a franchisee for a laundry business (Lavandera Ko or Mr Wash, for example), part of the franchise fee buys you the operations know-how. In other words, the franchisor will train you before letting you loose.
    Originally posted by KuyaDanny

I find this quite ironic. The detergent is made by Unilever and the fabric softener is made by Procter & Gamble.

I agree with you Kuya, I already questioned the owner of Lavandera ko. It has something to do with the quality of the product.
    Originally posted by KuyaDanny
    I am sure rains_delight will correct me if I am wrong, but if you are going to be a franchisee for a laundry business (Lavandera Ko or Mr Wash, for example), part of the franchise fee buys you the operations know-how. In other words, the franchisor will train you before letting you loose.

you are right Kuya, and they have this mystery customer to check if you are abiding with the policy.

If you want, I can photocopy the franchise agreement of Lavandera ko. You can pick it up from Pex office next week.
    Thanks, rains_delight. I would love to read it. I hope you aren't violating any confidentiality agreements. I wouldn't want you to get into trouble.
  • petite63petite63 Member PExer
    Hi, can anybody post the brand of washing machines and dryers that are usually being used in a laundry shop (except the industrial machine pls). THANKS!
    I have seen Admiral, Maytag, and Speed Queen.
  • OliverWood21OliverWood21 Quidditch Captain PExer
    ^^ doncha guys think that its better to put up your own laundry shop instead of franchising?

I think that this is a service that is not really differentiated by so-called "brands"...

I have always been interested in putting up one, aside from low start up capital, its not that risky as compared to food or cybercafes...
    KuyaDanny wrote:
    I have seen Admiral, Maytag, and Speed Queen.

KuyaDanny,

How much do you think one costs? Hindi ba kaya ng mga mas murang brands gaya ng SHARP sa mga laundry shop?
  • redmanredman Too Big to Fail PExer
    40 percent royalty?! :eek:

wow. i mean if this is true and franchisor is getting away with it, more power to them.

theres a sucker born every minute, i guess.
    KuyaDanny,

How much do you think one costs? Hindi ba kaya ng mga mas murang brands gaya ng SHARP sa mga laundry shop?

The models I saw are commercial washers. They are more rugged than those made for use in your home. Tandaan mo, sa laundry shop bugbog ang makina mo, kaya kung gagamit ka lang ng washing machine na pambahay, mas madalas pa siguro nasa pagawaan yung makina kaysa naglalaba.
    ^^ doncha guys think that its better to put up your own laundry shop instead of franchising?

I think that this is a service that is not really differentiated by so-called "brands"...

I have always been interested in putting up one, aside from low start up capital, its not that risky as compared to food or cybercafes...

I agree with you. We have been sending out the laundry at home to a commercial service for the last three years. The clothes are picked up and delivered twice a week. We did not choose our laundry service provider because of the brand, and neither did we choose it for the price (they are not the cheapest around). We chose it because we know the owner and saw for ourselves the quality attitude of her employees. They care about our clothes and pay attention to our requests and complaints.
  • Macky_EXMacky_EX Member PExer
    Sensya na kung naitanong na po pero magkano po ba ang franchising? At anu-ano po ang requirements para makapag-franchise?
  • ka_entengka_enteng Banned by Admin PExer
    gusto ko rin sanang mag-start neto, for start up. i'm planning for 2 washing machine 1 dryer and a pressing machine. megit 100k lahat.
    KuyaDanny wrote:
    I agree with you. We have been sending out the laundry at home to a commercial service for the last three years. The clothes are picked up and delivered twice a week. We did not choose our laundry service provider because of the brand, and neither did we choose it for the price (they are not the cheapest around). We chose it because we know the owner and saw for ourselves the quality attitude of her employees. They care about our clothes and pay attention to our requests and complaints.

If this is the case, I hope I can convince you one of these days to be my client should I push through with the business.

On the side, Laundry Shop People do not use P&G or Unilever products. I heard that they buy detergents directly from manifacturers (unbranded, that is). Its way much cheaper, I suppose.
  • IceBabyIceBaby Member PExer
    Is there anybody here who knows where I can buy Industrial Laundry Machines? Pls send me details thanks [email protected]
  • einalieleinaliel Member PExer
    any idea din po sa dry cleaning? kung di magfranchise nito, meron kayang makakatulong sa inquiries dito? mga more or less, magkano kaya kelangang capital dito?

thanks

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file