Home PEx Sports NBA
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread disinformation and/or misinformation.

2022 NBA Finals: (2) Boston Celtics vs (3) Golden State Warriors

CaptainCharismaCaptainCharisma Moderator PEx Moderator
edited June 2 in NBA #1
Will the Golden State Warriors finish their climb back to the top? Or is it the Boston Celtics' time to ascend to the throne? Who will win the rematch of the 1964 NBA Finals?

2022 NBA Finals: (2) Boston Celtics vs (3) Golden State Warriors 6 votes

Celtics in 4
0%
Celtics in 5
0%
Celtics in 6
0%
Celtics in 7
33%
kabakabdilawish 2 votes
Warriors in 4
0%
Warriors in 5
0%
Warriors in 6
66%
jv3westhavenForThreeeeeeeeetiyo_pancho2 4 votes
Warriors in 7
0%

Comments

• san_juniperosan_junipero PEx Rookie ⭐
    edited May 30 #2
    I'd put my money on the Warriors in 6, but  I won't be surprised who wins either way.

Talent-wise, the Celtics match up well. The difference in this series will be experience and mental toughness. The Heat  took the Cs to 7 games because they were mentally tougher. Problem is they didn't have enough offense outside of Butler. That's not going to be a problem for The Warriors. They should be able to capitalize on the Celtics' boneheaded mistakes.

Nito lang Game 7 eh. Smart chucked and chucked towards the end allowing the Heat to nearly steal the game if not for the missed Butler 3.

Boston better shape up if they want to be NBA champs.
  • awtsupaytsuawtsupaytsu PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    edited May 30 #3
    Sa eastern conference nakatapat ng celtics ang nets without simmons, bucks without middleton, and miami with limping herro and lowry. Sa west naman swinerte ang gsw dahil kalaban nila nuggets without murray, grizzlies without morant, and luka + scrubs without hardaway jr. Ang pinagkaiba lang eh dubs easily handled west and took advantage of the major injuries of their opponents while boston hirap na hirap and barely got out of east kahit pilay pilay na ang star players ng kalaban nila.

Kung healthy pala ang lahat ng players eh mukhang milwaukee vs memphis pa sana ang totoong nba finals? epekto daw ng play in tournament kasi ito naging jampack ang schedule dikit dikit ang games kaya pinutakte ng injuries ang players.

Gusto ko sana celtics manalo para maiba naman at makaisa si al horford. Sana makachamba ang boston in 7 games.
    Sa eastern conference nakatapat ng celtics ang nets without simmons, bucks without middleton, and miami with limping herro and lowry. Sa west naman swinerte ang gsw dahil kalaban nila nuggets without murray, grizzlies without morant, and luka + scrubs without hardaway jr. Ang pinagkaiba lang eh dubs easily handled west and took advantage of the major injuries of their opponents while boston hirap na hirap and barely got out of east kahit pilay pilay na ang star players ng kalaban nila.

Kung healthy pala ang lahat ng players eh mukhang milwaukee vs memphis pa sana ang totoong nba finals? epekto daw ng play in tournament kasi ito naging jampack ang schedule dikit dikit ang games kaya pinutakte ng injuries ang players.

Gusto ko sana celtics manalo para maiba naman at makaisa si al horford. Sana makachamba ang boston in 7 games.
    You're forgetting na yung DPOY nila was hobbled and missed game 2 while Robert Williams also only played 1 game during the Bucks series. Wala ding ibang all star yung Nuggs and Mavs aside from their respective star players. The Celtics still played teams with multiplestars even when key players were injured.

Ganun talaga, you can only play who's in front of you. 

Also, nahirapan yung Grizz sa Memphis. Even when Ja was out, because the Grizz played physical. No doubt Boston can do the same thing.
    edited May 30 #5

Nahirapan actually yung Warriors sa grizzlies even without Morant. Also yung Nuggets and Mavs, walang ibang star other than their best player.

The Celtics still had to face teams with multiple star caliber players (KD, Kyrie, Giannis, Jrue, Jimmy, Bam) and you're also forgetting that Smart missed Game 2 and Robert Williams, their best interior defender only played 1 game during the Bucks series.

Nahirapan actually yung Warriors sa grizzlies even without Morant. Also yung Nuggets and Mavs, walang ibang star other than their best player.

The Celtics still had to face teams with multiple star caliber players (KD, Kyrie, Giannis, Jrue, Jimmy, Bam) and you're also forgetting that Smart missed Game 2 and Robert Williams, their best interior defender only played 1 game during the Bucks series.

Yeah mukhang mananalo pa sana grizzlies doon kung hindi nabali tuhod ni morant. Lakas ng roster nila fit na fit chemistry ng players. Inggit tuloy si luka hanggang ngayon pang chinese basketball association lang supporting cast niya.

May clamor na alisin na play in tournament dahil sa mga injuries na nangyayari pag playoffs due to jampacked schedule ng games. Ako I agree alisin na lang play in wala rin namang hype eh kahit mga players parang bagot na bagot na may pa play in pa, ginawa lang din extra cash grab ng nba. 

Laker fans - rooting for the Warriors so that The Celtics don't get banner #18
    LeBron only fans - rooting for Boston so that Steph doesn't tie LeBron in rings (while only being his 6th time in the finals)

:lol:

• westhavenwesthaven Jedi apprentice PEx Expert 🎖️
    Warriors in 6
    LeBron only fans - rooting for Boston so that Steph doesn't tie LeBron in rings (while only being his 6th time in the finals)

Actually mas marami kang mababasa sa Twitter na Laker fans who are rooting for the Celtics, their mortal enemy. But I couldn't care less who they're rooting for. Masaya na ko na walang Lakers na nakapasok sa playoffs. 😂😂😂
  • dilawishdilawish PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Celtics in 7
    Dallas didnt have the rim protection to stop GSW who were driving  almost at will.boston has the rim protection with Timelord and Horford while supplemented by talented defensive wings.. 
    Boston siguro has better offense than the Mavs who couldnt punish GSW for overcommiting on Luka..

Boston in 6 ako although wouldnt be surprised if GSW's offense is too much and wins the series in 5
  • Jess24Jess24 PEx Expert 🎖️
    edited May 31 #10
    Boston is the kind of team that will ideally give problems to Golden State. The Cs are the best defensive team in the league - they have the length, activity and youth to hound the Warriors for 48 minutes. In fact I see this match-up similar to the Raptors-Dubs finale a few years back, although I think Golden State has assembled a younger and stronger bench compared to that team that faced Toronto.

To be honest, a healthy Klay and a mentally-checked in Draymond are all the Warriors probably need to get the title, never-mind how Curry performs. I've never been impressed of how Curry generally performs in the Playoffs, let alone the Finals. In the Dallas series, Kevon Looney could have made a case for the WCF Finals MVP in as much as Curry did. And I hope that really motivates Steph. Imagine winning a 4th title without a Finals MVP when you're the centerpiece of the organization.

My mind says Warriors, but heart goes to Boston. Tatum has been one of my favorite players post Kobe's retirement, and I dont mind at all if him winning a 'chip puts the Cs ahead of the Lakers again. He deserves it and it will be an awesome finale to cap off their revenge tour. 

• ForThreeeeeeeeeForThreeeeeeeee Hoops Fan PEx Expert 🎖️
    Warriors in 6

Totoo ito hahaha! Rooting for the Warriors para di magchampion Celtics haha! Pero fan din ng Splash Brothers and sana maka finals MVP na si Curry, although for sure dami yan kalaban mag finals MVP if ever: Klay possible pumutok anytime, Wiggins could be an Xfactor, Draymond if every game triple double tapos even Looney nga eh pag dami nanaman rebounds per game haha
    Warriors in 6
    Really excited for this year’s finals! Really could go either way! Maganda rin dito is both teams were built not bought
  • CaptainCharismaCaptainCharisma Moderator PEx Moderator
    Sometimes, the games have showed that the Celtics biggest opponent are actually themselves

1. Blowing leads
    Remember the start of the season when they constantly choked big leads? There were talks of blowing this team up already. That hasn't totally disappeared and came back to haunt them and even almost cost them in game 7. Their defense has allowed them to dominate and build leads but they still have a major problem in closing games. 

2. Completely disappearing and getting blown-out at home
    Game 3 will probably the crucial game in this series, Boston has a habit of being a let down at home in the 3rd game. If they want to set the tone, Tatum and co will have to step up early and hold serve at home at any cost. They can't let the Dubs front run which they do best

3. Finals inexperience
    Not short on playoff experience but 0-123 in finals experience, a totally different beast that might further highlight their ills. One thing going for them is they've been through adversity in this playoff run, Dubs path in the past month or so has mostly been a cakewalk and hasn't really been tested yet. But the Dubs has been there done that, won there choked that (in the Finals)

Keys to Golden State returning to the top

1. Supporting cast stepping up in the biggest stage
    That's the biggest it. If Klay, Wiggins, Poole, Glove Jr. (on defense) and co. step up, Dubs gonna win regardless of Wardell's vintage predictable performances and the finals MVP lenarrative hanging like an inverted cow. 
    edited June 2 #14
    Sometimes, the games have showed that the Celtics biggest opponent are actually themselves

1. Blowing leads
    Remember the start of the season when they constantly choked big leads? There were talks of blowing this team up already. That hasn't totally disappeared and came back to haunt them and even almost cost them in game 7. Their defense has allowed them to dominate and build leads but they still have a major problem in closing games. 

I think Marcus Smart as the primary ballhandler is the main problem here. Elite defender, yes but he doesn't have the tools or intellect to be a facilitator/ballhandler.

You stated game 7 as the example. Literally every chance the Heat got to almost come back was because Smart took 1 dumb shot after another. :lol:
    edited June 2 #15
    Jess24 said:
    Boston is the kind of team that will ideally give problems to Golden State. The Cs are the best defensive team in the league - they have the length, activity and youth to hound the Warriors for 48 minutes. In fact I see this match-up similar to the Raptors-Dubs finale a few years back, although I think Golden State has assembled a younger and stronger bench compared to that team that faced Toronto.

To be honest, a healthy Klay and a mentally-checked in Draymond are all the Warriors probably need to get the title, never-mind how Curry performs. I've never been impressed of how Curry generally performs in the Playoffs, let alone the Finals. In the Dallas series, Kevon Looney could have made a case for the WCF Finals MVP in as much as Curry did. And I hope that really motivates Steph. Imagine winning a 4th title without a Finals MVP when you're the centerpiece of the organization.

My mind says Warriors, but heart goes to Boston. Tatum has been one of my favorite players post Kobe's retirement, and I dont mind at all if him winning a 'chip puts the Cs ahead of the Lakers again. He deserves it and it will be an awesome finale to cap off their revenge tour. 

Honestly I think Wiggins for his defense and Looney for his Rodman transformation deserve the WCF MVP but no way the NBA will let them be the 1st recipients of that trophy.

Another unnecessary pakulo by Adam Silver.
    Warriors in 6
    Jess24 said:

Honestly I think Wiggins for his defense and Looney for his Rodman transformation deserve the WCF MVP but no way the NBA will let them be the 1st recipients of that trophy.

Pero ang galing lang na naincorporate nila sina Magic Johnson and Larry Bird dun sa trophy ah haha! Kudos for the creativity
    edited June 2 #17

1. Blowing leads

I think Marcus Smart as the primary ballhandler is the main problem here. Elite defender, yes but he doesn't have the tools or intellect to be a facilitator/ballhandler.

You stated game 7 as the example. Literally every chance the Heat got to almost come back was because Smart took 1 dumb shot after another. :lol:
    Marcus (not)Smart on offense, Smart was trying to win that conference finals MVP, yeah he was gonna win it… for the Heat! :lol:

also both sides don’t employ traditional playmakers and both are turnover prone, depende na talaga siguro sino maganda gising

Jess24 said:

Wardell will get his stats just through sheer volume  but what he’s missing is that transcendent and timely impact aside from his given greatness where superstars turn into another gear and deliver when it matters. Finals moments are the most precious ones where stars elevate their games to another level of what is expected. 

Wardell is what you see is what you get, predictable expected performances, could get crazy hot in stretches then go ice cold shrinking fading away one too many times instead of the killer instinct to take it home as early as possible. 

That’s why there’s legitimate cases for Wiggins and Looney, non-superstars but elevated their game to a series altering impact delivering way more than expected, that’s how the likes of Iggy and Kawhi won theirs

Now it’s all the lenarrative hype of will he get that elusive finals MVP, of course he should as he is the overwhelming favorite to win as the only megastar in this series. 

Sobrang BS nung apologists reasoning na he doesn’t need this trophy for validation, says the guy who cries about not being all-defensive 1st team despite missing half the season. All franchise player multiple time champions have won finals MVP at least once, hindi pwedeng wala. Besides if the Warriors win, he’s a virtual lock regardless if someone has a better performance, it’s gonna be a sympathy vote for the lenarrative.

to put it simply, you can’t be 3-2 about to be 4-2 or 3-3 in the finals and not even be acknowledged as the man even once

in all honesty, Wardell already won one finals MVP, he was the Cavs true finals MVP in 2016, that epic shrinkage is 1B to the chosen one=frozen one meltdown in 2011 1A

As I said in JPM’s thread, Wardell is the great driver who excels in straight line speeds and front running when everything is smoothing sailing but when the road gets bumpy with twists, he usually goes shrinking at the challenge and cedes control of the wheel and becomes a bus rider

Lol the finals hasn’t even started yet and may MVP ladder na :lol: hype pa more then pray it won’t shrink on the expectations

Nice to see teams rewarded through smart drafting and wheeling and dealing, not the diva inorganic superteam rebuild every year no chemistry trash MO
    edited June 3 #19
    Grabe lala ng chokejob ni tatum
    Warriors in 6
    Gutom na gutom Celtics manalo! After game 1, looking like nawala yung advantage ng Warriors sa championship experience. 
  • GalvatronGalvatron PEx Rookie ⭐
    Buried in the 3rd, the Celtics buried the Dubs in the 4th